PDA

View Full Version : How do I properly Create Braum?

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-05-27, 07:50 PM
Not too long ago the very popular game League of Legends released a character named Braum, and since his release I have been trying to find a way to recreate him in pathfinder. Now for those who have been away from LoL for a while or for those who never played it, Braum is an very large man with enormous muscles and an amazing handlebar mustache. His defining feature though is his weapon, an impenetrable Stone/ metal door enchanted with frost magic. It's fairly odd but surprisingly effective. Here's a reference link

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GRakOmdahPg/U1hySvGrMQI/AAAAAAAAASw/TCzsg95XABU/s1600/b-splash.jpg

Anyways...

Our DM is starting the game with everyone as level 9 so we can dive right into the meat of the game. Here is what I have been able to come up with for this master of the Mustache.

Race: Human

Height: 6'6

Weight: 220 (mostly muscle)

Stats: (The DM is being generous enough for a 25 point buy since the campaign will reach into level 30 by the time we are done)

STR: 26 (18 +2 from racial +2 from levels + 4 from Belt)
DEX: 13
CON: 16
INT: 7
WIS: 7
CHA: 13 (for the mustache)

Items: (for a level 9, 46,000 gold is the standard amount)

Belt of Giant Strength +4
Plate Mail (IK he wears leather but the +6 bonus to his AC is always helpful so i'm reluctantly bending my own rules on this one detail).
Stone Door (enchanted with Lighten Object and possibly Frost damage(I can't remember the cost for elemental enchants, sorry.))
extra misc. adventure gear of a level 9 mountain of muscle

Now here is where things get hairy. After talking it over with the DM, it was decided that the initial dimensions of the door would be about a ton (i argued for 1800 instead of 2000 and won that part of the debate). In order to make it wearable but still seemingly impenetrable, i cut the width from about 1 foot to half a foot, which brought the weight to 900. Couple that with a Lighten Object enchantment and it goes down to 450 lbs. That is a HUGE amount but not unbearable. Looking at the carrying capacity chart, that is only a medium load. And he has around 150 pounds to spare.

The reason for the door and not a tower shield is that if you have seen Braum in action you would know he bashes as well as defends with it. Pathfinder prevents the use of Tower shield Bashing but that doesn't mean you can't take an improvised tower shield-sized object and whack every one of your enemies with it. My argument is that you could still get the bonus from using a tower shield-like object if you held it defensively like one since i see no rule about this with improvised weapons.

Feats: This is where most of the confusion lies as I can't make heads or tails of the options. luckily he will be a fighter for the first 8 levels so I have a lot of choices and I will prestige as a Stalwart Defender at level 9

Catch Off Guard
Dodge
Mobility
Improved Unarmed Strike (prerequisite)
Deflect arrows (Braum is the only champion in LoL who can actually stand his ground and block against ranged projectiles)
Improvised Weapon Mastery (a 450 pound door is bound to be 2 handed so it will be 2d6 for damage)
Power Attack
Some shield feats (assuming the DM counts the door as enough of a shield to use them)

AC: So this is what we have so far. 10+1(DEX)+9(armor)+1(dodge)+4(defensive stance from Stalwart Defender)+4(door/shield)
By the end of the day that evens out to a very solid 29 (33 if he gets attacks of opportunity on him).

What do you guys thing about this so far? What should I add or take away? What is your input?

(Sorry for the disorganization. This is my first ever post on a forum.)

Dorian Gray
2014-05-27, 10:53 PM
You should post this either in the 3e/3.5/pathfinder area, found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20), or in the 4e section, found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?58-D-amp-D-4e). It's somewhat unclear what edition you are talking about.

In any case, just use a tower shield with improved shield bash and something to let you bash with said tower shield- ask to homebrew a feat if you need to. I mean, what you have (the door and improvised weapon mastery) is essentially the same thing, but with an actual shield, you can stack enchantments. There's a feat in Drow of the Underdark that lets you take hits meant for other people- I forget what, but someone else could certainly tell you.

I'm assuming, of course, that this is 3.5e

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-05-27, 11:24 PM
You should post this either in the 3e/3.5/pathfinder area, found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20), or in the 4e section, found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?58-D-amp-D-4e). It's somewhat unclear what edition you are talking about.

In any case, just use a tower shield with improved shield bash and something to let you bash with said tower shield- ask to homebrew a feat if you need to. I mean, what you have (the door and improvised weapon mastery) is essentially the same thing, but with an actual shield, you can stack enchantments. There's a feat in Drow of the Underdark that lets you take hits meant for other people- I forget what, but someone else could certainly tell you.

I'm assuming, of course, that this is 3.5e

Well now i feel quite silly. Thank you for mentioning the 3e/3.5/pathfinder area as I had completely missed that section of forums. As for the unspecified version i am referring to, this would be taking place in pathfinder. The issue with causing the need for an improvised weapon along these lines stems from a rule in pathfinder in which tower shields are unable to be used for bashing or almost any offensive capabilities whatsoever. Plus sometimes it can be interesting to see how ridiculous one idea can become in a tabletop game. I hope this can clear up any misconceptions.

One last question though. Even though i am able to recreate this forum on the pathfinder specific area, is there a way to delete forums that I have created or do I just let them float around, eventually leaving them null and void? This was the only other detail I have yet to figure out, and after all, having two versions of the same forum can feel a tad humdrum.

Dorian Gray
2014-05-28, 06:31 AM
You can click the small triangle in the bottom left part of your post box, and ask the moderator to move the thread. No need to make a new one.

Spore
2014-05-28, 06:44 AM
Take Muleback Cords (to triple your weight capacity to up your speed). Also maybe a glamered Mithril Tower Shield would be more suitable for your choices.

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-05-28, 07:25 PM
Take Muleback Cords (to triple your weight capacity to up your speed). Also maybe a glamered Mithril Tower Shield would be more suitable for your choices.

Wow, i had completely forgotten about the cords. this will make life a lot easier. The mithril shield idea is also a very nice, but i'm aiming for something light enough that he could carry while heavy enough that he could place it on someone lying down and have it crush their chest. I will be going with the glamered effect though, as it makes the transportation aspect much easier. Thank you.