PDA

View Full Version : Assorted Questions

Neon Knight
2007-02-17, 12:36 PM
1. How does the Spring Attack feat work?

2. In the ToM:BoNS book, how do the crowns of white ravens work? It says you have to qualify for any maneuver you gain from wearing the crown, yet it also says non martial adepts can use them.

3. Are there any mechanical bonuses and/or penalties for crouching and /or lying prone?

4. How does a lich's phylactery work? Can a lich make his phylactery a living creature?

5. Who is Pun-Pun?

Voleta
2007-02-17, 12:53 PM
1) Quoting SRD :

Spring Attack [General]
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Dodge (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Katherine/My%20Documents/Game%20Info/D&D/Html%20Srd/srd35-andargor-HTML-v1.3/doc/SRD/Feats.html#Feats_Feats_Feat_Descriptions_Dodge), Mobility (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Katherine/My%20Documents/Game%20Info/D&D/Html%20Srd/srd35-andargor-HTML-v1.3/doc/SRD/Feats.html#Feats_Feats_Feat_Descriptions_Mobility) , base attack bonus +4.
Benefit: When using the attack action with a mel ee weapon, you can move both before and after the attack, provided that your total distance moved is not greater than your speed. Moving in this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the defender you attack, though it might provoke attacks of opportunity from other creatures, if appropriate. You can't use this feat if you are wearing heavy armor.
You must move at least 5 feet both before and after you make your attack in order to utilize the benefits of Spring Attack (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Katherine/My%20Documents/Game%20Info/D&D/Html%20Srd/srd35-andargor-HTML-v1.3/doc/SRD/Feats.html#Feats_Feats_Feat_Descriptions_Spring_At tack).
Special: A fighter may select Spring Attack (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Katherine/My%20Documents/Game%20Info/D&D/Html%20Srd/srd35-andargor-HTML-v1.3/doc/SRD/Feats.html#Feats_Feats_Feat_Descriptions_Spring_At tack) as one of his fighter bonus feats.

2) Anyone who does not have levels in the martial adept classes as an effective initiator level of 1/2 their character level. The other prereqs for a maneuver stand as written.

3) Again, SRD:

Prone: The character is on the ground. An attacker who is prone has a -4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.
I suppose any advantage based upon crouching would depend on DM. However, if you hide behind something, you get some form of concealment.

4) SRD again:

An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 1d10 days after its apparent death.
Each lich must make its own phylactery, which requires the Craft Wondrous Item (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Katherine/My%20Documents/Game%20Info/D&D/Html%20Srd/srd35-andargor-HTML-v1.3/doc/SRD/Feats.html#Feats_Feats_Feat_Descriptions_Craft_Won drous_Item) feat. The character must be able to cast spells and have a caster level of 11th or higher. The phylactery costs 120,000 gp and 4,800 XP to create and has a caster level equal to that of its creator at the time of creation.
The most common form of phylactery is a sealed metal box containing strips of parchment on which magical phrases have been transcribed. The box is Tiny and has 40 hit points, hardness 20, and a break DC of 40.
Other forms of phylacteries can exist, such as rings, amulets, or similar items.

5) I don't have access to the wizard boards, but a search for Pun Pun on here or google will turn it up for you.

Hope this helps.

martyboy74
2007-02-17, 01:30 PM
5. You're on the internet man! Good god! (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=491801)

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-02-17, 01:32 PM
The internet is just the devil's web of lies.

adanedhel9
2007-02-17, 01:32 PM
I suppose any advantage based upon crouching would depend on DM. However, if you hide behind something, you get some form of concealment.

Hiding behind something gives you cover, not concealment. Cover means something is physically blocking a path between the covered person and the person trying to attack/spot/cast a spell/whatever. Concealment just means the attacker can't see you well enough to aim precisely.

Voleta
2007-02-17, 05:28 PM
Hiding behind something gives you cover, not concealment. Cover means something is physically blocking a path between the covered person and the person trying to attack/spot/cast a spell/whatever. Concealment just means the attacker can't see you well enough to aim precisely.

I was close! I knew there was something. Thanks for the correction.

The internet is just the devil's web of lies
I don't know.. because you are on the internet, you must be lying, which would mean that anything on the internet is true (the opposite of what you said), which would mean I could believe you and then *explostion*

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-02-17, 06:12 PM
No, see, I'm not actually on the internet. I'm manipulating your computer over LAN in the other room. LAN is good, clean, family stalking.

Voleta
2007-02-17, 11:11 PM
I have two options for jokes here:
A) I say I live in a cardboard box and have no other room for you to be in, which just reaffirms that the internet is full of lies, or
b) I ask you to bring me something to drink because I'm thirsty, and when will dinner be done?

But I shall make neither joke, because it would be extremely off topic. Shame on you for distracting me-Oh oh a shiny penny!

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-02-18, 12:37 AM
Black really isn't your color, by the way.

I missed today's dinner, but tomorrow should be around 5:30. Mexican. You like Mexican, right?

cupkeyk
2007-02-18, 01:22 AM
Spring Attack: you move in, make a single melee attack and move out. Simple as that. Many people get so confused by this because they can't understand why it has its own prerequisite tree when it sucks.

Being Prone is only ever better if you are sniping a guy with a crossbow from someplace where they cannot see you nor attack you.

Voleta
2007-02-18, 01:57 AM
Now I know you're lying, you aren't even really a Viscount, are you?! How can you keep up this charade of lies?!

I bet mexican isn't even a real time zone!