PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rakshasa village: When would my players be ready for this scenario?

MonkeySage
2014-05-27, 10:33 PM
I've got a plan for a later chapter in my game: Between starting village and current major port town, there was a small thorp, which my players paid a visit to. By virtue of being a roadside waypoint, the village does have an inn, but no more than 20 or so people live here. I had in mind that sometime after the players left this village, the villagers had been attacked by a gang of rakshasas. Men, women, and children were slaughtered and eaten by the invaders, who then assumed each of their identities. My story may bring my players back through this waypoint, and I'm wondering how you guys think I should pull it off, when they might be ready for it, etc. The rakshasa don't know that they're supposed to have met these people before, they only know that a group of new travelers has come to stay for dinner.
They want to make their guests comfy.

I am thinking that the village is haunted by it's former inhabitants, who may want to warn travelers, or may want justice for what happened to them. I was thinking of using the "haunts" idea suggested in the gamemasters guide.

Players:
Human rogue
Halfling rogue
Human cleric of kord(leader)
Elf wizard
Dwarf druid
Sylph magus(total loon)
Half elf ranger

Gildedragon
2014-05-27, 11:51 PM
12-14 probably for 3-4 rakshasas (common), and about the same number of dandasuka rakshasas (posing as children prolly)

Tossing a Raktavarna rakshasa into the fray isn't too bad, and it is interesting because they will probably take the bait and grab the cool magic sword.

Have a couple of disguised undead for service, and you have a great start.

Having the inn vastly upgraded would be an interesting first tip. More palatial and hedonisic.

A good loadout for Lvl 12-14

2 common rakshasa as the bosses (along with 1 raktavarna that used to be of their rank)
3 Marai rakshasas as counsilors, casters, and seductors
5 dandasuka rakshasas as minions

Apart from this we have around 5 zombies and 5 skeletons and 1 mohrg.
If the village had a priest, a ghast would be good for this. In which case there ought be less zombies and a proportional number of skeletons.
To round out the population couple of backported slaymates or soulbound dolls