PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want to Gestalt a Golem?

unseenmage
2014-05-28, 12:18 AM
I want to build a Golem character. Likely for a Gestalt game.

My question is what build would best offset the suckiness that is a Golem's LA and RHD while allowing it access to magic?
I'm looking for suggestions for both the Golem side and the magic using class parts of this build.

Not sure yet if it will be a PC or a BBEG either. Suggestions for both are more than welcome.

No homebrew please, PF and third party allowed but sparingly as I have access to little to none of either. All 3.0/3.5 allowed.

FYI the original idea was just an Iron Golem with Wizard levels but I'm sure we can do better.

Thanks regardless Playground. :smallsmile:

Gildedragon
2014-05-28, 01:03 AM
Artificer is always great on constructs. Patching yourself up is generally a handy thing.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-28, 06:15 AM
Well, you can't go wrong with wizard. I would consider a crystal master psion myself though. Psionic repair damage is a really efficient way to heal, and your natural DR and magic immunity (that you ignore for yourself, as creatures always ignore their own SR) plus share pain and vigor means you are tougher than anything out there. Play as a very tanky gish with a tendency to shrug off everything. Get a spell blade for the spells that have negative effects on you based on your golem type, so you can't be targeted by them.