PDA

View Full Version : Player advice: Need a town setting

Chernobyl
2014-05-28, 12:03 PM
Hi All,

I'm getting ready to run an adventure that I hope to turn into a campaign. I'd like to have a nearby town for PC R&R, and am looking for a good sourcebook. Any suggestions?

Ideally, the town would give enough info to bring certain areas to life, without bogging me down with too much detail. I really don't care about the town's history, or about the monster that lives at the end of the dungeon crawl beneath the sewers, or about rules for gambling. I don't need stats for every last NPC either. I'm okay with having a few weirdos stashed away in their respective homes or places of business. Mostly I'd like detail on the areas where the PCs are likely to spend the most time, i.e. the tavern / inn.

Thanks in advance!

-Stephen

p.s. Oh, and a brothel would be nice too. :)

bulbaquil
2014-05-28, 12:30 PM
You could potentially adapt Sandpoint from Pathfinder's Rise of the Runelords - the only real geographic requirement is that your city has to be on a coast of some sort - either lake or ocean - in temperate climate. Ignore the town's backstory if it doesn't play into your plot, have the cathedral be for whichever deity/ies is/are appropriate, etc. There's a brothel and multiple taverns with descriptions to choose from.

1337 b4k4
2014-05-28, 12:47 PM
You could check out wizardawn's awesome random generator tools:

http://www.wizardawn.com/rpg/tool_ftown.php

Most of his stuff can provide you with generic fantasy stuff without specific stats so you can plug it into whatever system you're using.