PDA

View Full Version : ugh my mouse!!!

ngilop
2014-05-28, 05:53 PM
ok.. so my mouse is all acting up weirdly..

it doulbe/triple clicks when i click on anything. so i click on a link on GiPT and 2 to 3 windows pop up instead.

or im playing leauge of legends and POW i just bought 2/3 of X item...

i try to exit out of 1 window and POW they all exit.

i have no idea what is going on and no idea how to fix it.. i thought maybe with the new update i got it fandagled my mouse settings but Nope.. so any help would be great

I am on an HP and have windows vista. yes its an old computer.

AgentofOdd
2014-05-28, 06:53 PM
In all likelihood, the issue with the mouse is hardware related not software. There's a fair amount of dyi repair guides out there (this (http://zalbee.intricus.net/2014/02/how-i-fixed-my-logitech-g500-mouse/) site lists 6 possible repairs). Personally, number 5 worked for me, but that only seems to apply for cheap mice that use cheap molds.

ngilop
2014-05-28, 07:09 PM
In all likelihood, the issue with the mouse is hardware related not software. There's a fair amount of dyi repair guides out there (this (http://zalbee.intricus.net/2014/02/how-i-fixed-my-logitech-g500-mouse/) site lists 6 possible repairs). Personally, number 5 worked for me, but that only seems to apply for cheap mice that use cheap molds.

thanks! this all started after League crashed and i got back into the game session had 4K gold and ended up buying 3 sets of boots....

EIDT:: i took it apart and just cleaned the inside out.. i never knew a mouse could get so dirty LOLOLOL to file things down! but then again my mouse is uhmm. 10+ years old.

maybe i should knock out all my keyboard buttons and clean it as well?

AgentofOdd
2014-05-28, 07:29 PM
thanks! this all started after League crashed and i got back into the game session had 4K gold and ended up buying 3 sets of boots....

EIDT:: i took it apart and just cleaned the inside out.. i never knew a mouse could get so dirty LOLOLOL to file things down! but then again my mouse is uhmm. 10+ years old.

maybe i should knock out all my keyboard buttons and clean it as well?I wouldn't do that do your keyboard unless there's a problem. It's too easy to break something. I personally use a really tiny pipe cleaner to get the stuff under the keys.

Good luck with your repairs. :smallsmile:

Winter_Wolf
2014-05-31, 10:00 PM

maybe i should knock out all my keyboard buttons and clean it as well?

Dude you need a new mouse. I had a mouse that was a champ and it was so worn out on the outside that all the paint/whatever on the outside was worn down to the bare plastic. I had the same clicky problem and the only thing that fixed it was retired Ol' Clicky and getting another mouse. Ol' Clicky was a cheap GE mouse that I got for at the time about $5 USD and it outlasted 3 computers and was on the 4th (it was probably 12-13 years old). The Logitech I replaced it with lasted just long enough to be out of warranty and cost $30 USD. :smallannoyed: I managed to find another GE mouse four about $14 USD and it's still going strong about 5 years later.

ericgrau
2014-06-02, 12:42 AM
Unless you have an ultra fancy mouse, it seems better to spend the $10 to replace rather than to spend hours fixing one. Spending a few minutes to try to clean it before giving up could be worth it though.

ngilop
2014-06-16, 02:45 PM
:) my mouse is still going strong after the cleaning and a light filing it is back to working as good as new!

if you buy a good mouse and take care of it it should last you a very long time

my mouse is a micros and im not even sure that company is around anymore.