PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a pathfinder dungeon?

RandyButternubs
2014-05-28, 07:47 PM
I'm looking for some ideas for some traps and fun things to put into a dungeon where the party is hunting a vampire, but they are racing against a group of damphir vampire hunters that are trying to sabotage them and take the kill for themselves. I'd like some ideas for some fun things and events to place in this dungeon of mine.

Ssalarn
2014-05-28, 07:57 PM
I'm looking for some ideas for some traps and fun things to put into a dungeon where the party is hunting a vampire, but they are racing against a group of damphir vampire hunters that are trying to sabotage them and take the kill for themselves. I'd like some ideas for some fun things and events to place in this dungeon of mine.
Arrow slits and grates connecting multiple rooms and levels that the vampire can use to evade the party via his gaseous form ability.
A solid mix of magical and non-magical traps so they never quite know what they're looking at, including revolving secret doors that sometimes are the only entrance to a room other than the slits or grates, and other times just drop whomever is trying to navigate them into spike-filled pits.

If the party uses chalk or similar methods to mark areas they've identified as dangerous, have the dhampir party go around changing their marks to misdirect them and steer them into traps and pitfalls.

Callin
2014-05-28, 07:57 PM
Place signs at all intersections saying VAMPIRE THIS WAY and pointing down a hallway. Every now and then let 1 be true to keep them always guessing haha

TheMonocleRogue
2014-05-28, 09:02 PM
One fun thing I always enjoy doing with vampires is giving them plenty of places to hide, and dominated humanoids or vampire spawn for company. Usually they have contingency plans for enemies packing one of their many weaknesses (garlic, holy symbol, ect.). Always have an escape plan like grates to escape through or an invisible coffin to hide in when reduced to 0 or less hit points.

As for the vampire hunters, it shouldn't be too difficult so long as you make it a fair challenge between them and the PCs. Always plan ahead. You should know their motivation and how they plan on killing the vampire before the meeting with the PCs even begins.