PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me make this guy a freaking ravager

Val666
2014-05-28, 10:53 PM
And no, this thread is not about the Ravager prestige class Dx

A while ago I found a strange like for shifters. I was reading The Shifter Handbook and found very cool stuff for shifters. So im planing this build for a natural weapon shifter. I'd like to know any suggestions you guys have for this:

Artic Half-Minotaur Longtooth Shifter

Barbarian 1/Strongarm Ranger 2/Warblade 1/Warshaper 1/Weretouched Master 5/ Warshaper +3/ Totemist 2/ Stuff 5

I dont now yet which class should end those last 5 levels. As for feats (got flaws) I got something like this:

1) Longtooth Elite, Extra Rage, Shifter Defence
3) Shifter Ferocity, Power Attack
6) ?
7) Extra Shifter Trait (Swiftwing or Wildhunt) (Weretouched bonus feat)
9) Shifter Savagery, Shifter Multiattack (Weretouched bonus feat)
12) Leap Attack
15) ?
18) ?

I'll try to do my best to get the Weretouched Master pre errata, but probable I wont.
Aside from this, I got some questions about shifter,feats and wereteouched master interaction.

First, Shifter Savagery says that your Natural Weapons grow two sizes. It also says this increase does not stack
with any other form of that increase the base damage of the weapons, except for effects that grant an actual size increase. The weretouched master first ability states the following:

"Bear or Tiger: While shifting, the weretouched master gains a +2 bonus to Strength and manifests claws that can be used as natural weapons. These claws deal 1d4 points of damage, plus an additional +1 for every four character levels he has, on a successful attack. If he already has the razorclaw shifter trait or the Improved Natural Attack feat, his claw damage increases by one die size."

Does this means that the feat Shifter Savagery doesnt stack with the prestige ability? it really is weird...maybe dumb. Making this ability do nothing (aside from the extra+2 strength) seems stupid...why a shifter feat would not stack with a shifter prestige? This is also the reason why Im not picking the razorclaw trait with extra shifter trait...

Second, As Im large thanks to Half-Minotaur that means all my natural attacks are treated as large. But what about
the Totemist soulmeld Girallon Arms? As natural attack would they grow too? from 1d4 to 1d6?

Thanks everyone for the help

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-29, 12:50 PM
Natural Attack-focused character with no Totemist levels?

Val666
2014-05-29, 11:13 PM
It have 2 totemist levels ._.

Val666
2014-05-30, 08:05 PM
Help D:? u.u

Red Fel
2014-05-30, 10:51 PM
I'm going to address just your questions, because I happen to dislike Shifter feats (despite being a big fan of Shifters generally).

First: The Weretouched I ability increases damage, not actual weapon size. According to the language of Shifter Savagery, that feat does not stack with things that only increase damage, such as Weretouched I. You would use the better of the two, not both. I should also note that the Warshaper ability Morphic Weapons does not actually increase the size of natural weapons, but merely increases their damage as if they were larger, so it probably wouldn't stack either (although it may give you new natural weapons).

Second: Nowhere in the soulmeld description does it suggest that the claw damage scales with size. In fact, it explicitly states that the damage is increased by essentia investiture. I would rule that the damage from these claws does not scale with size.

As an aside, go with Wildhunt, not Swiftwing. Scent is useful, and unlike many other types, it provides you with a non-Shifting bonus; further, +2 Con increases the time you can spend Raging/Shifting.

Another note, you don't qualify for Shifter Defense when you take it (it requires 2 other Shifter feats, and at the time you only have one).

Basically, you'll be capable of some cute tricks 4/day for 9+Con rounds at a shot, but what else does your character do? And does it bother you that Black Blood Cultist accomplishes a lot of what your character can do for less?

Val666
2014-05-30, 11:23 PM
I'm going to address just your questions, because I happen to dislike Shifter feats (despite being a big fan of Shifters generally).

First: The Weretouched I ability increases damage, not actual weapon size. According to the language of Shifter Savagery, that feat does not stack with things that only increase damage, such as Weretouched I. You would use the better of the two, not both. I should also note that the Warshaper ability Morphic Weapons does not actually increase the size of natural weapons, but merely increases their damage as if they were larger, so it probably wouldn't stack either (although it may give you new natural weapons).

Well...I may just change the feats and ask the dm how he rules that. I just think it is stupid...

Second: Nowhere in the soulmeld description does it suggest that the claw damage scales with size. In fact, it explicitly states that the damage is increased by essentia investiture. I would rule that the damage from these claws does not scale with size.

It still 2 extra natural attacks right? I got good strength so more attacks for me e.e

As an aside, go with Wildhunt, not Swiftwing. Scent is useful, and unlike many other types, it provides you with a non-Shifting bonus; further, +2 Con increases the time you can spend Raging/Shifting.

Another note, you don't qualify for Shifter Defense when you take it (it requires 2 other Shifter feats, and at the time you only have one). Also Weretouched Master gives scent for free all times

Basically, you'll be capable of some cute tricks 4/day for 9+Con rounds at a shot, but what else does your character do? And does it bother you that Black Blood Cultist accomplishes a lot of what your character can do for less?

Ill change the order of the feats and no, im not focusing in grapple which Black Blood Cultist does and grappling sucks...