View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XXXVIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fenric
2007-02-17, 08:01 PM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Temple Maphttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Temple Viewhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Temple.gif
Profile for InariAlignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden).

- Summoning chamber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471)

Priests
Chairman and High Priest: Exachix NorZilliar(PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Head of Services|<vacancy>
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|<vacancy>
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)
Secretary|Anna (PC, seftsirag)[/table]Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC)
Aikidu (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
Voxendi (PC, Gezina)
Knight Defenders of the Faith
This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Planeshifter, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee. Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Ilias (PC)
Aikidu (PC)
Conrad (PC, Kyrian)
Karsen (PC, Exachix)

Renrik
2007-02-17, 08:08 PM
Renrik continues to lurk behind the tapesty, waiting for the right moment to get past the boy and to the demon.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 08:12 PM
Fenric looks at Alex

Lykan's been through worse, to be honest: Leave him as a wolf-cub and fiddle with time, and he'll be back to normal in a week.

Myobi nods

There's got to be something more than just that, because frankly by the description, it is little more than a high-magic prank.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 08:14 PM
Mikhail shrugs. If there is more to it, I wasn't party to the information.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-02-17, 08:15 PM
Alex's eyes flash a burning red "Right, ignore the fact he attacked a member of my family not knowing what the results would be. He said he expected more harsh results than he got, and he fudging did it anyway!"

Renrik
2007-02-17, 08:24 PM
Renrik checks in his cloak and finds a small, round peice of metal. He puts it in one hand, and continues to servey the scene, ready to pounce from beind the tapestry.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 08:27 PM
Fenric looks at Alex

I am not ignoring that fact. However, his present condition indicates that someone already took it upon themselves to punish him.

Fenric arches an eyebrow at Alex. Myobi looks at Mikhail.

But in the future, you shouuld come for help rather than following through on such orders. Especially knowing the friends that you have. If Alex or Lykan should choose to press charges, we will have no choice but to testfy that we heard you admit to doing this.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 08:28 PM
Mikhail nods, looking down.

Deadly
2007-02-17, 08:29 PM
Ilias stands up I need to go. Take care. he waves and leaves.

((I need to get some sleep. Goodnight))

Lykan
2007-02-17, 08:29 PM
Fenric looks at Alex

Lykan's been through worse, to be honest: Leave him as a wolf-cub and fiddle with time, and he'll be back to normal in a week.

((WTF!? Get out of my head! :smalltongue: ))

Alex Shipmaster
2007-02-17, 08:31 PM
"I have no regret for my actions. I had to show severe restraint to stop myself from killing it." Alex turns and walks towards the mirror

Fenric
2007-02-17, 08:35 PM
(( Gotta get dinner... it's nearly 8. ))

Fenric sighs and shakes his head.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 08:39 PM
Renrik watches Alex approach the mirror with a grim sort of anticipation.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 08:41 PM
Mikhail sighs, curling up on the bench.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-02-17, 08:43 PM
Alex goes through the mirror into Trog's Tavern

Renrik
2007-02-17, 08:56 PM
Renrik's shut, then open once more, a cold fire within them. Lightning-fast, he pounces out from behind the curtain, throwing, in mid-leap, the small iron ball at Mikhail. It transforms into a pair of strong manacles that fly magically towards Mikhail's wrists, seeking to clasp them.

The assassin lands, rolls, and pounces forward at Mikhail in a flying leap, his dagger flashing at the demon's chest.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 08:58 PM
Mikhail, trapped by the manacles, sees the dagger coming because of his already trapped state and brings the manacles up to catch the dagger in them.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:08 PM
The manacles manage to deflect the dagger, and Renrik throws it into the air to avoid getting it entangled. He flips backwards and catches it, going into a low, combat-ready crouch. He speaks from beneath the silky, black mask that covers his lower face.

The hunt ends here, demon. The manacles are enchanted. You won't be able to shift planes with those on. When you die, you die on this plane, and you stay here. I don;t like it when my marks come back after death.

You understand, of course, that this is nothing personal. This buisiness about family honor is the kind of thing I try to avoid. But the pay is good for killing demons. And I do hate them so.

He raises a single cold iron dagger. The blade is covered in a venomous contoction of distilled angel's blood, specifically designed for slaying evil outsiders.

Now, then. Do you die quietly, or do I have to make this messy?

Wukei
2007-02-17, 09:12 PM
The demon laughs. You waste your manacles. I had to get an enemy to transport me here because I can't shift anywhere myself.

He stands raising his hands. I must warn you, I'm very good while chained. Just ask Kazuki. I doubt your blade will come close to scratching me.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:17 PM
Many people have doubted that idea. All those people are now dead, with a cold peice of steel in their pathetic hearts. It is time, demon. The young master NoZilliar will be displeased if you live much longer.

Renrik leaps up from his crouch, up onto the wall behind the demon, which he uses as a springboard to propel himself towards his target, his daggers flashing out, one high, one low, at Mikhail's back.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 09:17 PM
Fenric and Myobi jump up in shock

Renrik! What is this?

Wukei
2007-02-17, 09:21 PM
Mikhail turns and crouches to avoid the high dagger, bringing up the manacles to block the low one.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:22 PM
A job, Fenric old friend.

Renrik spins over Mikhail to bring his foot down in a powerful kick towards the demon's spine, and twists, landing to face him, his daggers at the ready.

Don't worry, I'll dispose of the carcass for you.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 09:25 PM
Fenric gapes in shock, but Myobi figures it out (( unsurprising, as Fenric's INT of 10 doesn't lend itself to making int-checks ))

Karl. Karl hired you.

Fenric blinks in shock.

What? Karl...

Myobi shakes her head with a scowl

Followed in your footsteps, dear. It comes full circle.

Fenric looks at Renrik

I will double whatever my son promised to pay you if you let this drop.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 09:27 PM
He looks at Fenric and Myobi in shock after being attacked. Why...?

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:30 PM
Renrik remains in his defensive position, notmoving yet to attack Mikhail.

A charming offer, and a lucrative one, though that would ruin the contract I made, and I don't like breaking contracts, even with a whelp like Kyrian NoZilliar. Plus, I already went through the trouble of buying the poison for this one.

Are you sure you don't just want me to finish him off? After all, he is a demon.

Renrik's eyes flash a lethal red as he utters the word "demon"

Fenric
2007-02-17, 09:31 PM
Fenric shudders

He is... was... the incarnation of Bishamon: the celestial enforcer of law. We always worried about Kazuki being Loki, but Kyr... Karl being Bishamon was always more dangerous in many ways.

Myobi glares fiercely at Fenric

And your lovely policy of never talking to anyone about anything allowed yet another situation like this! How many more things have you failed to tell us???

Fenric turns to Renrik

When I say Kyrian was not himself when he contracted you, it is in the most literal sense of the word. As bizzare as it is for one like me to defend one like Mikhail, I cannot let it be like this. Karl will pay you what he owes, and I will pay you double: three times the original contract.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:36 PM
Look, this is all very lovely, and I'm sure it's all very relevant, but I must admit that who's the incarnation of who and who's infringing on which family's honor by being who's lover really doesn't interest me as much as a nice little opportunity to stick a peice of venom-treated cold iron through a demon's gut. Like I said, it's a professional courtesy not to violate the contracts, and I've no particular love for demons as it is.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 09:39 PM
As Renrik stands over him threateningly, Mikhail swings his tail up to trip the man, his eyes glowing brightly.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:42 PM
Renrik trips, almost falling, and rolls, coming back up again, and whips out his arm, pumping forward three cold iron shurikens at the demon.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 09:42 PM
Fenric looks like he's about to try something, and gets a puzzled look. He turns to Myobi who shakes her head.

Our son hired Renrik, genius. Welcome to being a god: you are now powerless to interfere.

Myobi stomps out of the sanctuary, muttering something that sounds rather like she intends to turn somebody into a koi in the celestial pond for a while. Fenric stands there looking shocked and powerless.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 09:45 PM
Mikhail leaps above the shurinken, looking pale from the wounds that have yet to be healed already, though he doesn't seem pained by them. Two spots on his forehead glow darkly as he falls to the ground from his leap, his glowing eyes narrowed as he stalks toward Renrik.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:49 PM
The assassin remains emotionless, and leaps forward, launching into a routine of lighning-fast punches and stabs, first stabbing high, then stabbing low, then kicking towards the middle, then feinting with his dagger and delivering another kick before finally stabbing forward with both daggers, one stabbing down from the top, the other flashing foward towards the center.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 09:49 PM
Fenric tries again to interfere, and fails again.

Renrik counts as an appointed agent of the goddess?

Wukei
2007-02-17, 09:52 PM
Mikhail, slower than the assassin because of his youth and less training because of his 'situation' fails to dodge many of the punches and when both daggers come plunging in, as he tries to dodge out of the way he is actually struck by one.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 09:56 PM
Renrik presses the attack, launching a second attack routine. He first attempts to trip with his leg as he spins low, then comes up with his daggers, attacking from below at Mikhail's torso, and finishes it all off with a high jump and a kick at the face.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 09:57 PM
Fenric looks up, stricken

The audit! That's what it meant... they knew all along.

Fenric looks at Mikhail

A dark god can sponsor a demon... if you call their name and take them as lord.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 10:00 PM
Mikhail manages to dodge all of the attacks, though barely, and he seems to be slowing. He laughs sourly, No dark god will sponsor me. I am powerless. Useless. And why would they care to sponsor me if your family continues to send assassins after me...

...and I thought I was supposed to be the evil one here...

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:06 PM
Fenric bows his head, and a different fox appears in a swirl of mist. A Fenric with red eyes, in formal court dress and a surcoat with the NorZilliar family crest.

Earl Fenric looks at Mikhail

We would take you because it is amusing. We would take Renrik, but he is spoken for already.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 10:10 PM
Renrik goes on heedless to the conversation, continuing his attack with a third routine. He stabs first high with one dagger and low with another, then slashes both vertically, towards the torso. Following this, he spins low and comes up with a dagger strike feinting towards the face as the other seeks Mikhail's stomach.

Completing his routine, he falls back, going into a defensive position once more.

You're bleeding. The wound will begin to burn soon. The angel blood is a potent mixture.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:12 PM
Earl Fenric smiles and gestures. A thick mist rolls across the floor, up to the ankles of everyone in the room. The evil creature grins.

Spoken for... but the touch of the mist is far-reaching. The time may come when he prefers us to the alternatives.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 10:14 PM
Mikhail takes almost every strike, blocking a couple with the shackles. He sneers at Renrik before using the last of his supernatural speed to try to catch Renrik up in the shackles to choke him. I will not die...not alone... he whispers to him.

He glares up at the Earl Fenric before spitting on the ground. I work for no one...

Renrik
2007-02-17, 10:22 PM
Renrik, distracted for a split second by the arrival of the fog, is caught in the chains around his neck. He begins to choke as the metal closes around his throat.

Wha..? Ghugh! Ghuughugh! Urrgh!

The assassin tries to wriggle free from the chains, twisting with his body and stabbing at the demon with his daggers. He kicks and struggles, inching closer to the mirror.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 10:23 PM
Mikhail attempts to pull him away from the mirror with inhuman strength, the two spots on his forehead glowing brighter.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:24 PM
Earl Fenric laughs

Good, good: It's so much more fun when victims resist. I've been accused of only finding willing additions to the realms.

Fenric closes his eyes, torn between the horror of his feelings and the gleeful amusement of his darker self.

A lijosalfar in mithril chain casually walks into the sanctuary. He glances at Earl Fenric with a sarcastic smirk, chuckles at the battle of Renrik and Mikhail, and saunters over to Fenric.

DarkHunter
2007-02-17, 10:30 PM
Elric shakes his head

How the mighty have fallen. So, you finally did fracture into good and evil halves, did you?

So tell me, are you going to try to capture them both? You could make them replay this fight every day for all eternity! The glorious pain and irony of it all...

Renrik
2007-02-17, 10:30 PM
Despite the strength of his own muscles, Renrik cannot resist such force. He is pulled back, twists so he is facing Miskhail.

when will that damned venom start its job? your veins should be afire by now!
Renrik's rage fuels something inside him, and he lets out a choking scream of agony.
His body begins to undergo a horrendous, painful tranformation, his face elongating as the bones it warp, his posture becoming more bent, his hands becoming clawlike, his flesh sprouting grey-black fur as a wormlike tail forms. The half-rat hybrid attacks Mikhail savagely, biting and stabbing at the demon's face.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:33 PM
Earl Fenric smiles and considers Elric's suggestion. High-priest Fenric shakes his head.

No! No! I can't! This has to stop!

Karl charges in through the portal to WinterHearth

Stop this! It cannot be this way!

Wukei
2007-02-17, 10:33 PM
Mikhail takes the attack, continuing to hold on despite the extreme pain from the bites and the angel blood poison coursing through his body. He wasn't going to give in. Not while he still had any breath left in him.

DarkHunter
2007-02-17, 10:35 PM
Elric laughs at the pain in Fenric's heart

Oh, but it is this way, young fool. Merant can howl to the winds for all I care, for I will have the honour of taking this one's ears!

A strange distortion forms in the air around the weaver of the divine and the unfortunate high priest. From it, a spear of dark energy lances out to transfix the charging Karl.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:37 PM
Fenric gasps in horror as Karl is impaled through. The paladin twitches for a short time before going still, and Fenric turns on Elric with a howl.

You will pay!!!

Fenric summons the godly powers he is forbidden to use and attempts to manifest the Hand of Death on Elric.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 10:39 PM
Renrik does not hear Karl's voice; his mind is too overtaken with rage and bloodlust brought on by his lycanthropic transformation.

Fighting through the dying supply of air, the flesh of his neck bruising and his throat beign painfully contricted, Renrik bites deeply at Mikhai'l's jugular vein, holding on with all his strength as he repeatedly stabs at the demon's belly with his bloodsoaked blades.

DarkHunter
2007-02-17, 10:40 PM
The energy of Fenric's attack bends around Elric and is drained away. The weaver laughs

Is that really the best you can do? Let me show you something: This is how you separate an avatar from his host god.

Elric gestures and the distortion in the air becomes sharp and plunges into Fenric's heart.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:43 PM
Earl Fenric arches an eyebrow at Elric, and disperses into mist.

Fenric screams in agony and falls to his knees, but does not die. Away within the temple, Myobi can also be heard to scream.

On his hands and knees now, Fenric gasps for breath.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 10:43 PM
Mikhail's grip loosens as his throat is torn out. The light from his forehead flashes to reveal huge horns of light before disappearing completely, along with the light in his eyes.

DarkHunter
2007-02-17, 10:46 PM
Elric laughs out loud as Mikhail dies.

So much for demons: they are such a waste of time. Time to die, Fenric.

Elric begins a complex series of gestures, and the previous distortion in the air becomes hard and glows.

You'll not be coming back this time, Fenric.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 10:48 PM
Renrik unwraps the chains from around his throat, his flesh raw and bleeding beneath the matted fur.

The collects his daggers and takes a look around, a small measure of reason returning to his mind. His eyes immediately flash to Fenric and Elric. The assassin lets out a feral snarl and pounces forward, slashing at Elric.

DarkHunter
2007-02-17, 10:51 PM
Elric clenches his fist just as a dagger catches him by surprise and cuts through the slight defense of his mail.

What the hell?

And that is all the slender Elf manages before a lucky strike finds his heart, stilling further protests in a gurgle of blood.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 10:53 PM
The glowing energy closes around Fenric, crunching him brutally. But the death of the weaver causes it to disappear before the full finality of its purpose is fulfilled. Fenric lies on the floor among blood and mist, not moving, and not obviously breathing.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 10:56 PM
Renrik twists his dagger in the elf's heart, causing more blood to gush out onto the floor, then pulls it out.

The assassin looks around the room, dizzy with loss of air and blood. He notes the bodies of Mikhail and of Karl, as well as the body at his own feet, and his eyes drop to the bloodstained daggers clasped in his claws. Those claws begin to turn back into the hand of a human, and the change seen before reverts itself, as the assassin turns back into his human form.

The weakened, exhausted assassin crawls towards Fenric, props up the preist's head and pours a healing potion down his throat, then falls to his knees, then to the floor, slumping into unconciousness.

((that... was a bloody awesome battle.))

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:05 PM
Fenric's eyes open and he looks blearily around the room, unable to move much more than that.

Myobi stumbles in, supported by NPC priests and surrounded by acolytes.

I hope you are satisfied.

Myobi resurrects Karl and sends him home, then she disintegrates Elric, she casts Heal on Renrik before attaching a weighty purse to his belt and instructing the acolytes to take him to the hospital if he wishes it. She looks at Mikhail with a sorrowful sigh, then finally turns to Fenric

You deserve far worse than what has happened. I blame you for this. Your intolerant attitudes, your meddling, your arrogance, and your insistence on playing the noble lord.

It's time to go: you will remain in the celestial temple and learn how to behave.

Fen3
2007-02-17, 11:08 PM
Fenric closes his eyes as Myobi comes over to him and touches him. The two disappear in a shimmering of blue light and their presence disappears from the world.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:11 PM
Krystal trots into the sanctuary, a stricken and frightened look on her face

Mom! Dad! Where are you? What happened?

Kazuki steps from the shadows and walks slowly over to Mikhail

Why...

Renrik
2007-02-17, 11:12 PM
Renrik recieves the healing, and his mouth goes open. He comes back to consciousness, and looks around. The bag attatched to belt feels about right, but he doesn't want to hang around much longer. He walks grimly over to Mikhail's body, and regards it coldly, a kind of repect in his disposition to a worthy foe. He glances at Kazuki, showing no emotion.

He died well. He fought to the end. He met death with dignity.

He the turns away from the body, and leaves the temple, melting away into the night.

Fen3
2007-02-17, 11:18 PM
Kazuki falls to his knees beside Mikhail

My own brother had you killed. Whatever am I to do now?

Krystal looks at Kazuki

What happened? Where are they?

Kazuki shakes his head

We are alone now, Krys. We have to take care of things ourselves, now.

Krystal's tail and whiskers droop.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 11:20 PM
(Poor Mikhail...lookit what you did to the guy...)

Fen3
2007-02-17, 11:25 PM
(( Yeah, I know. ))

Kazuki tries to cast a Revive Outsider on Mikhail, uncertain if Mikhail will even want to return.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:26 PM
Krystal curls up under a chair and trembles. The night-shift NPC priests wander around in shock while the acolytes clean up the mess.

Renrik
2007-02-17, 11:27 PM
((hey, he could've just gone the easy way and taken a slash to the throat. But he just had to fight back.

And damn, did he fight back. I don't think I've ever had a mark that fought back that much, save for one. And that one was my brother.))

((Like I said, Mikhail died well. There is no greater honor.))

((V Augh! I hate it when they come back! Damn it all, I fulfilled my end of the contract. I'm not killing him again unless I'm paid again. And it's gonna be a higher price this time!))

Wukei
2007-02-17, 11:28 PM
Mikhail's wounds heal and he gasps as his lungs once again hunger for air. He sits up and looks around. He notices Kazuki and Krystal and lowers his gaze, looking away.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:32 PM
Krystal (who is a fox for the time being) looks out from under her tail at Mikhail, and smiles weakly to see him up again.

Fen3
2007-02-17, 11:33 PM
Kazuki bows his head

I had no idea Karl had done such a thing, Mikhail.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 11:34 PM
He shakes his head. I am not blaming you for anything...but I owe your sister an apology...I thought that she had, perhaps, been the one that had sent an assassin against me.

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:39 PM
Krystal shakes her head with a sigh

Given my hostility when you first came, I can hardly blame you for thinking that.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 11:41 PM
He looks down. And...I suppose it's my fault that your parents were banished...

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:43 PM
Krystal tilts her head

What exactly happened? They're gone with a completeness that I really don't understand at all...

Fen3
2007-02-17, 11:45 PM
Kazuki shakes his head and shrugs

By the time I got here, they were already gone. Karl has exiled himself as well, but I got a chance to see him as he left. He didn't know that Mom and Dad were gone.

Wukei
2007-02-17, 11:45 PM
He shakes his head. I'm not sure...their smell isn't even here anymore...

Fenric
2007-02-17, 11:54 PM
Krystal sighs

Well... Kaz... you're still a priest, right? Call on Inari and find out what happened.

Kazuki nods and begins to pray

Fen3
2007-02-18, 12:03 AM
Kazuki looks up after a while

It's the old agreement they had with Myobu: Someone else came here, and did something to Dad. I really didn't understand that part, to be honest, but it caused their time to be up. Dad's at the celestial temple, being trained. Mom's back to her old self.

Kazuki looks at the ground with a sigh.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:06 AM
Mikhail frowns. So if you are in charge of the shadow temple, and your sister isn't a cleric...who's going to take care of this temple?

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:09 AM
Kazuki looks at Krystal, who shrugs.

Exachix becomes the acting high priest by default, at least until what's left of the council can decide on a new one.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:12 AM
Mikhail stands, the chains on the shackles chinking. He looks the shackles over, thoughtfully, for a moment before a grin starts to form on his lips.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:18 AM
Kazuki chuckles

All tied up already, hm?

Krystal shakes her head in mock disapproval before curling back up with her tail over her nose.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:20 AM
I think...I'll keep them. They're rather handy in a fight, and I can carry weapons fine while still wearing them. He smiles up at Kazuki, Not to mention the fact that their good other places.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:24 AM
Kazuki grins

We'll have to see how well they work out.

Krystal pretends to snore.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:26 AM
Indeed. Mikhail grins.

He spreads his hands apart as wide as he can to get the idea of the range he can handle. He then looks up. Perhaps I can get a few rings added to them...more range, and all...

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:29 AM
Kazuki nods

Shouldn't be a problem. Since sleepy-fox over there can't use her magic for a few more weeks yet, we'd probably have to have Gent over at the OmniShop do it.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:33 AM
Mikhail smiles. Whatever...I'm in no hurry. I doubt I'll be fighting whereas I'll need the extra rungs. I don't like to pick fights, after all...

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:35 AM
Krystal's fake snores drift off into real snores, and Kazuki grins.

Shall we be going?

(( And goodnight ))

Wukei
2007-02-18, 12:38 AM
He nods and he and Kazuki disappear into the shadow realm.

(G'night...I gotta go pick up my boyfriend, good timing.)

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:25 AM
Exachix wakes up and looks around in slight confusion. He shakes his head and closes his eyes, oblivious to what happened overnight. Soon, his eyes open and he sighs. He stands and sees Krystal under a chair, he smiles faintly and goes to a kitchen to get some bread.

Later he comes back and begins the ceremonies for the day.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:08 AM
Helen reappears in the temple. She picks up her teddy and holds it tightly to her chest.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:11 AM
Exachix bows to Helen.

"Welcome to Inari's temple. May her blessing be upon thee."

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:18 AM
Who's Inari? She a goddess?

Helen automatically sucks her thumb bones.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:19 AM
Exachix nodds.

"The fox Goddess of Kitsune, Foxes, and Rice."

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:20 AM
Ooo.

Helen thinks for a moment.

I think foxes are cute.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:22 AM
Exachix smiles.

"You do? Hmm, well, They are fun to hunt with."

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:24 AM
Cool.

She takes her thumb out of her mouth.

I'm hungry.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:25 AM
Exachix smiles and casts Sushi Bar, creating a bar of sushi. After removing the sake, he gives it to her.

"Best I can do on short notice."

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:26 AM
She chews it thoughtfully.

I like it. Can you show me how you summoned it?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:31 AM
Exachix hmms.

"It's... urm... well, it's a divine spell. It's basically asking Inari to do something for me."

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:32 AM
Ooo.

She tilts her skull and looks upwards.

Inari, could you make me some more please?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:36 AM
Exachix laughs.

"It's not that simple. She allows her priests to cast these spells."

He casts it again for her.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:38 AM
She looks at the sushi bar and smiles.

Cool.

She casts a spell on the sushi bar, and it duplicates. She munches on the original.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:44 AM
Exachix blinks.

"Now, how did you replicate that?"

Castaras
2007-02-18, 06:55 AM
I just did. It's a spell I made up.

She duplicates it again, and offers a sushi bar to Exachix.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:55 AM
((I hate timezones... they make me miss all the fun :smallfrown:))

Ilias walks in ((Because his player is too lazy to do the work he's had a whole week to do)) and looks around. He waves at Exachix and smiles Good morning.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 06:59 AM
((same))

Exachix blinks and takes it.

"Morning Ilias."

Castaras
2007-02-18, 07:00 AM
(( Me too. ))

Helen chuckles happily and duplicates the bar again, eating the copy.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:00 AM
Ilias spots the little lich eating sushi and raises an eyebrow, but decides that he's seen stranger things and sits down So, how are you doing?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 07:03 AM
Exachix smiles.

"I think I'm ok. You?"

Castaras
2007-02-18, 07:05 AM
Helen finishes eating and teleports away for a second. When she returns she's got an armful of extremely grumped kitten. She sits down and cuddles the kitten and the teddy.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:08 AM
I'm fine... so far. I have a bad feeling, though.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 07:09 AM
Exachix smiles to the kitten, Helen and the teddy, before looking back at Ilias.

"Why?"

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:13 AM
Ilias shrugs Ah, Just a bit paranoid perhaps. he grins That sushi looks good, though.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 07:14 AM
Helen duplicates the sushi again and offers the copy to Ilias.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 07:14 AM
Exachix smiles and creates one and offers it to Ilias.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:17 AM
Ilias smiles and takes both Thanks.

[Garden]
Ruby glides out of the pond and looks around. With a sigh she sets off, spreading her wings and glides slowly over the water, watching the koi.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 07:19 AM
Helen smiles and plays with her teddy while the kitten bolts into the garden.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:28 AM
[Garden]
Ruby lands on the small island in the pond and lies down in the grass, staring into the water. She frowns as a koi swims up and seemingly smiles at her Mornin' sis. Ruby turns away from the koi Leave me alone.

The koi seems to sigh and swims away. Grace appears nearby and swims around the pond.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 07:33 AM
The kitten climbs up one of the trees and hides.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 07:35 AM
Exachix stands and goes to have lunch.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:36 AM
[Sanc.]
Ilias finishes the sushi and leans back, thinking.

[Garden]
Grace glides out of the water and lies down under a tree. She opens a small book and starts to write a bit.

Ruby remains on the island, frowning while staring up at the sky.

A man in tattered black robes walks into the garden and sits down on a bench.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 07:41 AM
Helen teleports away, yawning.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:48 AM
[Garden]
The man lowers his head a bit, as if resting. Ruby

Ruby looks up at the voice in her head and looks around. Seeing noone she blinks and stares into the water.

Why do you allow her to ridicule you, Ruby?

Ruby looks up and frowns Who are you!?

Why do you keep letting her walk all over you like that? You are better than her. She's just jealous.

Ruby's frown grows as the words echo in her mind.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 07:51 AM
Exachix wanders back in, nodds to Ilias, before sitting in a chair. thinking.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:59 AM
Ilias looks up and smiles

[Garden]
You are better than her, Ruby. How long are you going to let her get away with this?

Ruby looks around again I wouldn't hurt her... she's my sister!

And yet she's hurting you... maybe not with a blade or a spell, but with her words. You feel it inside, the pain.

Go away! I won't listen to you!

She hurts you, and noone wants to listen to you. They all despise you, whisper behind your back. You know what they say about you when they think you're not listening.

Tears start to form in Ruby's eyes as she listens.

You don't need them. They just want to hurt you!

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:04 AM
Exachix smiles and gets a book out of his robe and begins to read.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:08 AM
[Garden]
You deserve better, Ruby. Look inside yourself, feel the pain, listen to their words. It's time you do something. No more pain, Ruby.

Ruby cries silently as the voice fades slowly. The man sits for a while on the bench, then stands up and walks slowly away.

[Sanc]
Ilias shivers a bit and looks around, nervously

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:11 AM
Exachix blinks, and smiles, faintly.

"Something wrong? Or are you just cold."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:12 AM
Ilias sighs It's that feeling again... of being watched by something wicked.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:13 AM
Exachix nods.

"Really? Well, can you trace it?"

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:15 AM
He shakes his head I don't think so. I can't see or hear anything wrong, it's just a feeling, and I don't really have any magic that could help with this.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:17 AM
Exachix hmms.

"Hmm, I can't help then."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:18 AM
If I knew what it was, perhaps we could scry on it or something, but it seems I'm out of luck.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:23 AM
Exachix nodds.

"Very true."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:26 AM
He thinks I suppose time will tell.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:28 AM
Exachix nods.

"Time always helps. Unless it's a really serious medical condition."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:30 AM
Ilias smiles a bit True, but I don't think that's the case here.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:31 AM
Exachix smiles.

"Possibly."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:40 AM
Ilias grins I suppose I might be going insane. You never know in this place.

[Garden]
Selene comes out of the pond and joins Grace. She looks with interrest at what Grace is writing and smiles. Grace grins a bit and continues her writing.

Ruby remains on the island, watching Grace and Selene.

((And I should get some work done. I'll be back later.))

Exachix
2007-02-18, 08:40 AM
Exachix smiles, and gets back to reading.

((Okay))

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 11:29 AM
wtih a loud CRACK Valic and an uncontious Metakirb appear. Need healing Valic gasps then he collapses on the ground

Exachix
2007-02-18, 11:30 AM
Exachix gets up quickly and casts Heal.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 11:31 AM
Krystal wakes up and comes out from under the chair with a stretch. Kazuki steps out of the shadows, with Izumi trotting along beside him. Izumi, like Krystal, is confined to fox form now. The two vixens grin at each other and wag, and Kazuki looks around.

metakirb
2007-02-18, 11:32 AM
Metakirb wakes up and looks around.

where am i? last thing i remember... terran was tryin to kill me...

Fenric
2007-02-18, 11:34 AM
Kazuki bows

You are in the Temple of Inari, in Town.

Kazuki waves to Exachix

Hey, Exy.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 11:35 AM
Exachix smiles.

"The Temple of Inari. Hello Kazuki, Izumi, Krystal."

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 11:35 AM
*gasp* i need some rest. but the gist is you landed in the street i found you terran found me Crack i telaported here.

metakirb
2007-02-18, 11:38 AM
Metakirb gets up

i thank you all for your kindness but i must go now, martini is in danger...

he walks out.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 11:39 AM
Ilias wakes up from his thoughts and looks around. He waves at Kazuki, Izumi, and Krystal

Fenric
2007-02-18, 11:39 AM
Izumi and Krystal wag at Exachix and Ilias, then return to the odd squeaky conversation they were having. It resembles Vulpine, but there don't seem to be any recognizable words.

Kazuki sighs

So... Ilias, Exy... have you heard the news?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 11:40 AM
Exachix bows as he goes, then smiles to Valic.

"You can rest as much as you want here."

He turns to Kazuki.

"No, I haven't."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 11:41 AM
News? No, I don't think so.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 11:47 AM
Kazuki looks at Krystal, who seems to be ignoring him now.

Fine, leave me to do the ugly bit.

Kazuki sighs

Mom and Dad aren't here anymore. There was a fight... Karl hired Renrik to kill Mikhail, and unfortunately Renrik caught up with him here.

Inari's hands were tied because it was one of her children who engaged Renrik, making him an agent of Inari. Dad called evil-Dad to help, but Mikhail didn't want to be attached to anyone... Meanwhile, I went to WinterHearth to get Karl: he was the only one of us who wasn't prevented from helping.

Then Elric, the evil spellweaver came in. He killed Karl, and he did something horrible to Dad. Renrik killed Mikhail, and then killed Elric, but it was too late.

Kazuki looks at the floor

Myobu's agreement with Dad came into force: Mom and Dad had to go to the celestial temple.

Kazuki looks at Exachix

You're the High Priest here now, Exachix.

Goblin Music
2007-02-18, 11:49 AM
Thanks but Metakirb is right, Martini is in great danger and with a final crack he is gone

Deadly
2007-02-18, 11:49 AM
Ilias blinks, shocked at the news Oh my...

Exachix
2007-02-18, 11:53 AM
Exachix mearly stays silent. Thinking.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:01 PM
Kazuki sits down

I'll be around here to help out, Exy. The Shadow Temple isn't nearly so busy as here.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:02 PM
Exachix smiles, and sits in another chair.

"I thank you. I was sort of thinking about what to do."

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:05 PM
Kazuki sighs

I know the feeling, Exy.

Izumi trots over and sits by Kazuki, while Krystal trots over to Exachix.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:08 PM
Exachix smiles faintly to Krystal.

"Hello Krystal."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 12:10 PM
Ilias remains silent, thinking about the news.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:14 PM
Krystal smiles at Exachix

Hello, dear. Holding up ok?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:15 PM
Exachix nodds.

"I think so. You?"

Deadly
2007-02-18, 12:17 PM
Kio appears in a flash of light. She looks around, smiling, but quickly senses the mood Uhm... Hi..

Ilias looks up and smiles a bit at her Hi. And welcome back.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:20 PM
Kazuki waves to Kio

Hello, Kio. Wish we had a happier place for you to come to.

Krystal nods

I have to try not to think of it too much, though.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 12:22 PM
Kio, having apparently already figured the entire story out from Ilias, sighs I should have come earlier then.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:23 PM
Exachix smiles and nods to Kio, before sighing, and looking at Krystal.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:25 PM
Krystal smiles weakly

As soon as he's finished his avatar training, he'll be able to come visit us. I wonder what he'll look like, since he's the shadow-avatar?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:27 PM
Exachix hmms.

"I wonder too."

He smiles and shifts to Fox form, before jumping off the chair and sitting by Krystal.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 12:28 PM
Ilias raises an eyebrow Avatar training? Sounds horrible.

Kio chuckles a bit at that comment before sitting down.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 12:29 PM
Krystal smiles weakly

As soon as he's finished his avatar training, he'll be able to come visit us. I wonder what he'll look like, since he's the shadow-avatar?
((He'll look like... a new avatar!))

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:32 PM
(( *chuckle* ))

Krystal snuggles up to Exachix. Kazuki shrugs

No idea, really.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:37 PM
Exachix smiles to Krystal, flicking his tail back and forth.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:41 PM
Krystal snarls slightly

There's a certain castle full of arrogant magicians that needs to suffer for this.

Izumi nods

Indeed... but our current condition is not particularly helpful in such endeavours.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 12:42 PM
((
Yeah that's right, you saw it.

No... I didn't! I'm blind!))

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:44 PM
((^ *claps*))

Exachix hmms.

"And a host of people who would be unhappy to hear of this."

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 12:45 PM
((No... I didn't! I'm blind!))
((Oh, okay. Well in that case should I have Aesa come in and start blowing things up, since you won't be able to do anything? :smallwink:))

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:50 PM
Inuk walks in from the gardens and looks at all the unhappy people

Some bad thing happen?

Kazuki sighs

Yes, Inuk. Something very bad has happened.

Krystal nods to Exachix

Yes, many people are not going to like this news.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 12:51 PM
((Okay, now I'm just totally lost :smallbiggrin:))

Exachix
2007-02-18, 12:54 PM
Exachix sighs and licks Krystal's nose.

"Ah well. Hungry?"

((Be back after food.))

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:54 PM
Krystal nods

Yes, actually, I am hungry.

Izumi smiles

As am I. Shall we all get something to eat?

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 12:55 PM
((Okay, now I'm just totally lost :smallbiggrin:))
((*BZAP*
We're sorry. You have been elimnated.
GAME OVER.))

Deadly
2007-02-18, 01:02 PM
((Oh well...))

Ilias appears to be lost in thought

Kio looks around, trying to figure out how much she's missed

Wukei
2007-02-18, 01:32 PM
Mikhail wanders in, happily, despite the restraints on his wrists.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 01:37 PM
The foxes seem to have trotted off to the kitchen.

Mitsuya wanders in and begins to tidy up.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 01:48 PM
Ilias waves at Mikhail and Mitsuya Hi.

Kio nods politely, wondering how many new people she'll have to get to know

Wukei
2007-02-18, 01:51 PM
(Kio's back and you didn't invite me, harsh...I'll give Jo a reason he was gone...give me a few minutes...)

Mikhail waves hyperly, his chains clanking against each other.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 01:52 PM
((I just thought she would come by briefly to say hi, then return to Jo... something like that. Or that you would have Jo show up.

Oh, and she just got back today))

Exachix
2007-02-18, 01:52 PM
Mitsuya smiles to Ilias, and nodds to Mikhail, before frowning.

"Need some help to get them off?"

Wukei
2007-02-18, 01:56 PM
Mikhail laughs. Are you kidding me? These things are great! If I'd had them during my fight with Wukei's kid I would have totally won!

Jormungandr wanders up behind Kio and kisses her lightly on the cheek, wrapping his hands around her stomach. He hears the noisy demon and glances up. He frowns slightly. Was he here last time we were here?

Deadly
2007-02-18, 01:58 PM
Kio smiles and shakes her head No, I don't think so. We have been gone for a while though, so there's got to be a lot of new faces.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:03 PM
Jo mumbles, He's not a new face...

Exachix
2007-02-18, 02:04 PM
Mitsuya smiles.

"Ok then."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 02:06 PM
Kio turns and looks at him, then back at Mikhail You know him?

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:09 PM
He's a pest, but a good friend of my sister's...I tolerate him.

Mikhail's ears perk at the word 'pest' and he looks in Kio's and Jo's direction.

Jormungandr! He leaps over toward them then notices Jo's hands around Kio and laughs. I guess you weren't lying after all...

Jormungandr whispers into Kio's ear, He has been convinced I'm gay since we met.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 02:13 PM
Kio smiles Ah, I see. I bet there's a story behind that. she grins and nods at Mikhail Hi, I'm Kio. Nice to meet you.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:16 PM
Mikhail's eyes narrow suspiciously at Kio. Yea...see...don't think me chauvenist or anything...I just don't really trust girls...

He looks back up at Jo and smiles. Don't worry, I'm not here to hit on you or anything. I just came to see Kazuki. His tail twitches as he says Kazuki's name.

Huh...Kazuki...who woulda thought...

Kantur
2007-02-18, 02:20 PM
Kantur wakes up and wanders into the sanctuary

Deadly
2007-02-18, 02:21 PM
Kio shrugs Ok, then.

Surprising.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:23 PM
Mikhail bounces away, having grown bored with the conversation.

Jormungandr sighs, You know...back when he was on my sister's ship, anytime I came to visit I'd bring a 'date' just to prove that I wasn't gay...so he's probably convinced I'm doing the same thing now.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 02:24 PM
Lorrian wakes up and follows Kantur out to the Sanctuary, quietly.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 02:25 PM
Kio watches Mikhail leave and shakes her head Well, if that was the case you sure have kept me around for a long time. she grins and turns around to face him.

Kantur
2007-02-18, 02:28 PM
Kantur smiles at he spots Lorrian
Evening you.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 02:28 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Hello!"

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:29 PM
Jormungandr smiles and kisses her. Yes, but he doesn't know that.

Ew! Heterosexual kissing! There should be a law against it! Mikhail calls from across the room.

(You know...in many ways he reminds me of Jack from Will and Grace...)

Deadly
2007-02-18, 02:33 PM
((Now that you mention it... I would have to agree))

Kio returns the kiss, putting her arms around him, and chuckles at Mikhail What a strange one. So, want a drink?

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:38 PM
Of course...to Trog's?

Mikhail stares at the statue of Inari, his face not quite readable.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 02:39 PM
Kio nods and leads Jo through the mirror, waving at Mikhail as she goes.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 02:43 PM
Mikhail doesn't seem to notice the wave. He's calmed quite a bit as he stares at the statue. His eyes narrow and glow lightly as he looks up at Inari's face. It's your fault...

Kantur
2007-02-18, 02:45 PM
How're you today?
He asks as he hugs her

Exachix
2007-02-18, 02:47 PM
Lorrian smiles and kisses him, returning the hug.

"I'm ok. You?"

Kantur
2007-02-18, 02:51 PM
He kisses her back quickly before answering
I'm good, anything interesting been happening over the last few days?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 02:56 PM
Lorrian blinks.

"Urm... well, I don't know really. I feel that something big has happened."

Mitsuya looks over.

"Fenric and Myobi aren't here anymore. There was a fight... Karl hired Renrik to kill Mikhail, and unfortunately Renrik caught up with him here.

Inari's hands were tied because it was one of her children who engaged Renrik, making him an agent of Inari. Fenric called evil-Fenric to help, but Mikhail didn't want to be attached to anyone. Soon, Karl came.

Then Elric, the evil spellweaver came in. He killed Karl, and he killed Fenric. Renrik killed Mikhail, and then killed Elric, but it was too late. Fenric's being instated as the Avatar of Shadows. As thus, Exachix is the acting high Priest." ((End Adjusted Paste))

"Oh."

Fenric
2007-02-18, 03:01 PM
Kazuki, Krystal, and Izumi get back from lunch (( and cleaning up afterwards, and starting a load of laundry, and other such things ))

Kazuki grins at Mikhail

Hey, you!

Kantur
2007-02-18, 03:02 PM
Kantur blinks at the news, hands and arms shaking slightly. He turns quickly, both looking for something inanimate to punch and to try and hide the anger and pain of hearing of Fenric's death, he heads over to the nearest wall and hits it as hard as he can.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 03:02 PM
Mikhail turns around, shocked, the glow disappearing from his eyes. He smiles at Kazuki. Hey, I was wondering where you ran off to.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 03:06 PM
Kazuki grins

Didn't run off, really, unless the kitchen counts as "off", now.

Krystal trots back over to Exachix, and Izumi goes over by Kazuki and Mikhail.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:06 PM
Exachix follows Krystal and the rest in, and heads over to a chair with Krystal, and sees Kantur hit the wall.

"Stop that. If you're going to hit something; can you not try and knock the walls down."

Lorrian sighs.

"You'll hurt your hand"

Wukei
2007-02-18, 03:07 PM
Mikhail sees Izumi and stiffens.

Fenric
2007-02-18, 03:09 PM
Izumi arches an eyebrow

Calm yourself, Mikhail. I still have no interest in either him or you. Were it not for the lingering effects of a potion, this situation would never have been.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:13 PM
Exachix nuzzles Krystal.

"That potion made you find me. I'm very glad for that potion at times. Nay, most of the time."

He lays down.

Kantur
2007-02-18, 03:13 PM
I doubt the walls are in much danger from me...

Fenric
2007-02-18, 03:18 PM
Krystal grins at Exachix

Me too.

A thick mist that had been lingering in the corners of the sanctuary condenses into Fenric. Well, Earl Fenric of Balnaroth, anyway.

Well, that was an interesting if unpleasant thing to have happen. And if you are feeling the loss of the good version of Fenric, he'll be around as a celestial silver fox after around a week.

Earl Fenric shakes his head with a chuckle

It has always baffled me that an essentially black animal would be called "silver".

Then he looks at Kantur

But I'm still around, just as I have always been.

Krystal looks at Earl Fenric with mixed emotions, and Kazuki shudders a bit.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:19 PM
Mitsuya smiles faintly and gets on with tidying.

Lorrian hmms and stands by Kantur, before looking at Earl Fenric.

Exachix smiles to Krystal, before looking at Earl Fenric, his views neutral to the matter.

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 03:22 PM
a young gnome quietly enters the temple. she looks around for someone who is not currently busy, and, seeing noone, sits down in the gardens. a black chicken quietly follows her, softly clucking.

Kantur
2007-02-18, 03:24 PM
Just because there's magic involved, doesn't change the emotional responce...

Fenric
2007-02-18, 03:26 PM
Earl Fenric nods

True enough. It never has, and never will.

(( And I have to leave this melancholy scene for now. I start my new job tomorrow, so it may be another week or two before I have my new schedule worked out. ))

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:27 PM
Every acolyte and Priest watch the chicken pass by. This includes Exachix. And Mitsuya.

When it's gone Exachix sighs, nuzzles Krystal, before the pair head off to bed.

((new Job? Good Luck in it.))

Deadly
2007-02-18, 03:29 PM
((Good luck with the new job, then.))

There's a sudden crack of thunder just outside followed by a scream, muted slightly by the howling of winds. The sound of someone calling for help is heard a second later as a second bolt of lightning strikes. Ruby's voice rages among the winds SHUT UP! as Ilias jumps up in shock and runs out into the gardens Gods no...

Wukei
2007-02-18, 03:30 PM
(I'm just gonna leave Kazuki to his shadow world then...and work out Mikhail's character a bit while Fen's gone...)

Mikhail glares at the statue once more then heads for the door.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:30 PM
Lorrian looks over in shock as Ilias runs out.

Kantur
2007-02-18, 03:38 PM
Kantur looks over at Lorrian
You think we should follow him?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:39 PM
Lorrian looks at Kantur and nodds, before darting out to the Garden.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 03:41 PM
Ilias runs out into the garden where the sudden storm have faded almost as quickly as it appeared. Ruby is nowhere to be seen. He looks around and spots Grace and Selene lying in a small crater by the pond. Grace seems to be stuck beneath the remains of a nearby tree that was struck by the lightning.

Ilias rushes over to them and kneels down as Ayame flies out of the pond and looks on in shock.

Kantur
2007-02-18, 03:41 PM
Kantur follows Lorrian

((Back soon))

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:42 PM
Lorrian looks around, examining, before running over to the tree remains.

"Holy..."

((okay))

Kylsa Lendora
2007-02-18, 03:46 PM
Kylsa moves over to the carnage. what happened? she asks naively.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 03:47 PM
Ilias manages to lift the tree enough for Ayame to pull Grace out. She's bleeding heavily and doesn't seem to be breathing. Ilias checks on Selene, who seems to be alive, but badly hurt and in shock.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:49 PM
Kawatu comes running from the quarters, looking over the mess. He casts Heal on both Grace and Selene.

Lorrian blinks and looks around.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 03:53 PM
Their wounds heal at the spell. Selene doesn't respond, still in shock. Grace remains still. Ilias frowns and tries to wake them up, without luck. Ayame cries as she holds Grace.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 03:57 PM
Lorrian sighs and watches, not much she can do.

Kawatu sighs and tries another Heal.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 03:59 PM
Ilias sighs I don't think more healing will help. Selene might recover with some rest. Grace... might need a bit more. he frowns and looks around What happened anyway? Where is Ruby?

Exachix
2007-02-18, 04:00 PM
Kawatu sighs.

"Try a true ressurection? With your permissions?"

Lorrian looks around.

"She doesn't seem to be here."

Deadly
2007-02-18, 04:05 PM
Ilias nods sadly and pulls out small bag. From it he pulls a diamond, suitable for the spell. Here.

He keep looking for any signs of Ruby

Exachix
2007-02-18, 04:05 PM
Kawatu nodds and casts True Ressurection on Grace.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 04:09 PM
Ayame and Ilias watch as the spell is cast. As the diamond dissolves Grace opens her eyes and looks up with a start Wha... what happened?

Ayame hugs her and Ilias smiles a bit sadly I hoped you could tell us some.

Exachix
2007-02-18, 04:11 PM
Kawatu smiles, ready to be NPCed at Ilias' will if he needs anything.

Lorrian sighs and sits on a bench, ready to be NPCed by Kantur when he gets back.

((Goodnight to y'all.))