PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Arcane Archer Build help

Chaosvii7
2014-05-29, 09:36 AM
Hey howdy! I've recently decided to start rolling up a new character, and decided to give an Arcane Archer a go. I don't need to be powerful, but I do like to have fun with my builds, and I think the build I'm shooting for(no pun intended) has a lot of potential that doesn't greatly outshine people.

My working build is currently LG Changeling Sorcerer(Arcane Bloodline) 1/Paladin 1/Sorcer +7/Paladin +1/Arcane Archer 10.

Stats(using 25-point buy; Final product may be with a roll system depending on the GM):

STR 10 + 5(7 points) = 15
DEX 10 + 5(7 points) = 15
CON 10 + 4(5 points) = 14 - 2(racial) = 12
INT 10 - 2(-2 points) = 8
WIS 10 - 2(-2 points) = 8 + 2(racial) = 10
CHA 10 + 6(10 points) = 16 + 2(racial) = 18

(+1 Strength at level 4, +1 Dexterity at level 8, +1 Charisma at levels 12, 16, and 20)

The obvious highlight of the build is that with a high CHA I'll be fairly good at saving throws and can still be a strong caster. High STR means I can use a strength-rated Composite Longbow, which I can also arcane bond for an extra spell cast per day. The full build would give me 15th level Sorcerer spellcasting and +16 BAB, which I am perfectly fine with for a ranged gish.

The only roadblock I'm hitting really is the feat selection. Pre-Arcane Archer it's a really easy selection;

1: Mother's Gift(Uncanny Resistance)
3: Arcane Strike
5: Point Blank Shot
7: Precise Shot
B: Combat Casting or Improved Initiative
9: Weapon Focus(Longbow)
11: Deadly Aim
13: Rapid Shot
15: ?
17: ?
19: ?

(B is the bloodline feat I'd get at level 8(Sorcerer level 7), selected from the Arcane bloodline list)

I wish I could fit either deadly aim or rapid shot in sooner, but I also don't really need them considering that I won't be in Arcane Archer before 11th level. So I was wondering what feat suggestions I could get from my fellow friendly Giants.

Also, I wanted to ask if you think there'd be any reason for me to take the familiar over a bonded longbow for Arcane bond. Familiars do break action economy, but with a lesser selection of spells and a more focused build I think the extra spell cast would benefit me better. I would be happy to hear all opinions you have regarding that matter as well, thanks.

Thank you for reading, thank you in advance for contributing, and feel free to take the build for yourself(I can't imagine this to be 100% original in every way, so I definitely can't claim it as my own. :smalltongue:)