PDA

View Full Version : A perverted ring, among other things...

atemu1234
2014-05-29, 10:10 AM
Recently my DM made us come across a Cursed, Intelligent Ring of X-ray Vision. This ring makes us will save against it making us see other people as naked whenever we meet them. It also makes us will save against becoming chaotic neutral and taking 1 point of wisdom damage daily. It's also got the ability to grant the user true seeing at will, however, as well as the wearer no longer needing to sleep or breath. It also grants the ability to use Greater Invisibility 1/day, CL 20. The ring isn't unduly against the PCs, however, and views lawful types as "repressed". It identifies itself as Si Jian, which according to the DM (who is still learning basic chinese) means "private adult". One of the characters, a lawful neutral sorcerer, put on the ring. Now he can't get it off, and it somehow resists remove curse. Any tips?

Gildedragon
2014-05-29, 10:20 AM
Is there a graft you wanted? Cause that is an option

atemu1234
2014-05-29, 10:23 AM
Is there a graft you wanted? Cause that is an option

That may work. The cleric offered that if the ranger chopped off his hand he'd cast regenerate, but whether or not that works may depend on if the DM granted it other powers. The thing is, it's still a cool ring. It's got good abilities and despite it's drawbacks, it's still worth far more than the WBL at our character levels.

SiuiS
2014-05-29, 10:31 AM
That may work. The druid offered that if the ranger chopped off his hand he'd cast regenerate, but whether or not that works may depend on if the DM granted it other powers. The thing is, it's still a cool ring. It's got good abilities and despite it's drawbacks, it's still worth far more than the WBL at our character levels.

It's intelligent, right? Bargain. "Look, man. You're not making keeping you worth out time. You're quickly getting to the point where getting rid of you is worth the loss of a finger and I guarantee someone is gonna melt you down out of spite once we get to using a cleaver. So hey, help me out. Let's work together, lay out some ground rules, and then no one gets broken down into their spell components."

John Longarrow
2014-05-29, 12:22 PM
PC to Ring "So, you know how you like getting a peak at all those sexy Elvish babes we keep walking by?"
Ring to PC "Yea...."
PC to Ring "And you know how your stuck with me?"
Ring to PC "Yea..."
PC to Ring "And you KNOW how much I like Orc Yaoi re-enactments???"

Ring to PC "I don't like where this is going......"
PC to Ring "But its going to be Fun.. Real Fun... And I'm trying to find this spell so you can enjoy it as much as I do..."

Ring starts screaming "OK, I'm not comfortable with that, not at all... REALLY NOT!!!! Get me out of here!! NOW!!!"

If the DM doesn't get the hint, start making up titles that your character is going looking for. Start making the game into PronQuest...

Gildedragon
2014-05-29, 12:33 PM
PC to Ring "So, you know how you like getting a peak at all those sexy Elvish babes we keep walking by?"
Ring to PC "Yea...."
PC to Ring "And you know how your stuck with me?"
Ring to PC "Yea..."
PC to Ring "And you KNOW how much I like Orc Yaoi re-enactments???"

Ring to PC "I don't like where this is going......"
PC to Ring "But its going to be Fun.. Real Fun... And I'm trying to find this spell so you can enjoy it as much as I do..."

Ring starts screaming "OK, I'm not comfortable with that, not at all... REALLY NOT!!!! Get me out of here!! NOW!!!"

If the DM doesn't get the hint, start making up titles that your character is going looking for. Start making the game into PronQuest...

That is making a whooole bunch of assumptions regarding the sexualities of everyone involved... Using fear of homoeroticism is kinda... Gauche

Also, I would avoid dragging the other PCs into a BoEF game unwittingly

Besides x ray vision means you just see everyone as skellies. (I know what is meant but being literal is a course of action)

I still think getting a badass graft is the best course of action. Use an artificer's retain essence via the ring to craft it

John Longarrow
2014-05-29, 12:40 PM
That is making a whooole bunch of assumptions regarding the sexualities of everyone involved... Using fear of homoeroticism is kinda... Gauche

Besides x ray vision means you just see everyone as skellies. (I know what is meant but being literal is a course of action)

I still think getting a badass graft is the best course of action. Use an artificer's retain essence via the ring to craft it

Guigarci
Not sexual orientation. Species preference.

Straight or not, if your preference is elvish, seeing ORC isn't what you are looking for.
The idea is to gives the OP an idea of how to turn the ring's preferences against it.

Also going with the graft idea seems... cheesy to me.

Gildedragon
2014-05-29, 12:52 PM
Guigarci
Not sexual orientation. Species preference.

Straight or not, if your preference is elvish, seeing ORC isn't what you are looking for.
The idea is to gives the OP an idea of how to turn the ring's preferences against it.

Also going with the graft idea seems... cheesy to me.

I will not belabor the point but the pairing also went: ladies vs man on man.

The graft is a very final solution but not a terribly OPed one for the cost

Biggest problem is that the resistance to uncursings tells me "DMs favoritest custom artifact" ie it has plot armor thicker than the PCs
Expect an artificer trying to nom it to go boom.
But it might be worth a shot, at least as a "what gives, DM"

John Longarrow
2014-05-29, 01:10 PM
I will not belabor the point but the pairing also went: ladies vs man on man.

Ahh.. I missed that you don't know that gay guys can call each other Babes...

Captainspork
2014-05-29, 01:16 PM
Do the other PCs in game know about the ring? Maybe you can convince one of them to buy the ring from you (and convince the ring to let you sell it). The sorcerer should have high charisma (and diplomacy?) You get their gold and lose the ring at the same time. Everyone wins!

Well, almost everyone... >.>

atemu1234
2014-05-29, 01:57 PM

The exact wording on the ring's abilities actually makes it possible to stop just after clothing. I checked.

NecessaryWeevil
2014-05-29, 04:18 PM

Sorta sounds like the DM went there first.

Gildedragon
2014-05-29, 05:04 PM

Oh yes! Undoubtedly. But one doesn't drag folk in deeper.

atemu1234
2014-05-30, 10:05 AM

The DM was trying to be funny. I have no idea where he's going with this, though.