PDA

View Full Version : Flay Foe, Pulverize Foe, Skewer Foe confusion

j_spencer93
2014-05-29, 02:20 PM
In champions of ruin i found these feats and was a little confused about why flay foe seems so much worse. Would it be unbalancing to make it have the same effect as the other two since they seem to be meant to be the same feat just specialized to a certain damage type.

Flay Foe- If you hit the same enemy more than once in a single round with a slashing melee weapon, you deal an extra point of damage with each hit after the first.
Pulverize Foe- If you hit the same enemy more than once in a single round with a bludgeoning melee weapon, you deal an extra 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage with each hit after the first.
Skewer Foe- If you hit the same enemy more than once in a single round with a piercing melee weapon, you deal an extra 1d6 points of piercing damage with each hit after the first.

Wondering mainly because i am compiling a feat list from all dnd 3.5 books including dragon lance and kalamar (dnd tools lacks alot from core books even, mainly FR stuff)

hamishspence
2014-05-29, 02:22 PM
Interestingly, the "table" has it as 1d6 pts instead of 1 pt.

Given that all 3 feats follow the same prerequisite pattern - this is one case where Text Trumps Table produces a rather silly result.

j_spencer93
2014-05-29, 02:27 PM
I think i will follow the table on this one. Makes flay foe less crappy.
actually missed that table saying that at first.