PDA

View Full Version : What if fighters...

Tor the Fallen
2007-02-18, 05:34 AM
Got a bonus fighter feat at levels 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20.

That's 4 more bonus feats.

Hell, what if they got a bonus figther feat at every level?
Compared to full caster clerics, pouncing druids, and batman wizards, it woundn't be all that absurd, would it?

ambu
2007-02-18, 05:40 AM
That wouldn't really help, Tor, all that much, as it has been pointed out in many threads. Feats do not scale as special abilities or spells scale and the problem of 'nothing-to-do-outside-combat' would persist.

Tor the Fallen
2007-02-18, 05:42 AM
That wouldn't really help, Tor, all that much, as it has been pointed out in many threads. Feats do not scale as special abilities or spells scale and the problem of 'nothing-to-do-outside-combat' would persist.

Well of course it wouldn't 'really' help, but compared to the competition, it wouldn't hurt anything, would it?

And if fighters got a bonus feat at every level, it sure would make them more than a 1 or 2 dip class. Now they are infinity dip!

A feat at every level would let them scale a little faster by... getting another feat. Heh.
At least they could progress in two different chains. No longer would they be confined to just hitting stuff with a sword real good. They could also excel with a bow, or switch between full offense and full defense effortlessly.

Rather than being pigeon holed into a particular role with a particular weapon, they would be quite versatile hack-n-slashers. It would certainly make up for their lack of virtually everything else, non?

ambu
2007-02-18, 05:46 AM
I did not say it would be useless, I said that I believe-and many others do, according to the threads I 've seen- that more drastic measures are needed. Take a look at fighter fixes thread and you 'll see my point.

But it's good to try!