PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Warrior Optimization... Help?

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 07:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I never tried a psychic warrior and I now want to try one out. The game will start at ECL 12 and I would prefer human as a race.

As for fighting style, I prefer some large sword (greatsword or bastard sword, two-handed use, bastard sword only considered because of exotic weapon master). Yeah sue me, but I have a special picture of this character in my mind.

I want this character to be mostly martial and what bugs me a bit when I give the Psychic Warrior a first look is his BAB. Sure it is probably balanced, but I don't have to like it, right? :P

What I am looking for are interesting builds for a psychic warrior. Material is nearly everything but Eberron.

A class that makes me serve an organization (see Kensai) is probably not that good for this character. Alignment should be around neutral. No good-doer-paladin.

Okay, I won't put more limits, just give me your thoughts :)

PinkysBrain
2007-02-18, 08:44 AM
How about this ...

Human psychic warrior 8/thrall herd 2/slayer 2 wielding a maul of the Titans.

As feats take : power attack, leap Attack, combat reflexes, robilar's gambit, track, inquisitor, expanded knowledge (mindlink) and 3 more

As your thrall get some arcane caster capable of casting greater mighty wallop on your maul, and you yourself manifest vampiric blade and expansion ... after that you are a wrecking machine.

On top of that, you are also a one man disintegrate due to the maul (tripple damage to objects). Adamantine door in your way? Just make a psionic lion's charge in it's general direction and power attack for full.

PS. not suited for play with non optimizers.

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 08:50 AM
Okay, some quick questions:
1) Where is Robilar's Gambit from? Okay, PHB II, but no option because BAB 12+
2) What is the Maul of the Titan (if this is a specific weapon) or where do I find it?
3) And why a maul - would this build also work with a sword?

Ikkitosen
2007-02-18, 08:51 AM
Robilar's Gambit requires BAB+12 :(

PinkysBrain
2007-02-18, 08:57 AM
Robilar's gambit is from PHB2, but I forgot about the BAB requirement ... just replace it with Karmic Strike from CW (need to add dodge as a feat, leaving only 2 feat slots open).

Maul of the Titans is a from the wondrous item section of the DMG/SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#mauloftheTitans).

It won't work with swords because greater mighty wallop (which is from RotD BTW) only works on bludgeoning weapons. As for why the maul of the Titans specifically, because it's damn cool :)

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 09:00 AM
Okay, thanks so far, but the maul is no option, because I want to have a sword fighter :P

Telok
2007-02-18, 09:21 AM
Psychic Warrior is a solid base class, you don't need to multi-dip prestige classes. If you decide to dip anything two levels of Fighter are good, and Slayer is a nice prestige class if you pick it up before level 10. Be aware that you do lose some bits off psychic warrior if you do dip (manifester level mostly, trading Fortitude for Willpower save in Slayer).

Pick good powers but be aware that you have limited power points. One and three point cognizance crystals can help to a limited extent for first and second level powers. Take a look at the psionic feats, Psionic Weapon and Deep Impact are nice but can trap you if you rely on them too much. Consider the Expanded Knowledge feat. Note that the skill Use Magic Device is only cross-class for you, between that and Concentration you have good reasons to not dump Int and Chr.

Powers you may find useful.

Biofeedback, because DR 5/- for 10 power points using a standard action isn't bad and can get better.

Call Weaponry, you are never without a magic weapon, any magic weapon.

Empty Mind, +2 Will save will help.

Precognition/Prescience, insight bonuses stack really well.

Body Adjustment/Purification, self-healing.

Energy Adaptation Specified, energy resistance augmentable to an immediate action.

Psionic Lion's Charge, great for a charging build.

Empathic Transfer Hostile, one word "Yes."

Freedom of Movement Psionic, the name says it all.

Expanded Knowledge: Astral Construct, if you want to be a nuisance.

Expanded Knowledge: Dispel Psionics, because it's useful.

Most of all, do not be a one trick pony. One trick builds get killed faster than generalists and flexable combatants.

Tulnavara
2007-02-18, 09:33 AM
Robilar's gambit is from PHB2, but I forgot about the BAB requirement ... just replace it with Karmic Strike from CW (need to add dodge as a feat, leaving only 2 feat slots open).

Maul of the Titans is a from the wondrous item section of the DMG/SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#mauloftheTitans).

It won't work with swords because greater mighty wallop (which is from RotD BTW) only works on bludgeoning weapons. As for why the maul of the Titans specifically, because it's damn cool :)

What book is RotD?

PinkysBrain
2007-02-18, 09:34 AM
Races of the Dragon.

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 09:36 AM
@Telok

Thanks, that will help! I like this Empathic Transfer, Hostile :D I mean enemy fighters normally have no too well touch ACs and will saves...

Logic
2007-02-18, 09:39 AM
I find Deep Impact and Psionic Weapon to be must haves for any Psychic Warrior.
Biofeedback; Empathic Transfer Hostile; Skate are all powers I would recommend.
(No book in front of me, so my knowledge is limited to my memory.)

Hyfigh
2007-02-18, 09:41 AM
I fancy chargers myself.

Either find a way to get a mount (a level or two dip into beastmaster can get you a freeby animal companion) or check out feats like leap attack and battle jump. With the psi-warriors psionic lions pounce charging becomes VERY powerful.

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 10:01 AM
Okay, folks, next step: Ability Scores

It's a 36 point-buy... What I need is STR, CON, WIS, DEX, right?

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 14
CHA 8

Comments?

I am still open to build ideas!

Logic
2007-02-18, 10:07 AM
It's probably just me, but I never go above 14 with point buy. At 36 you could go for all 14s (Whats the point in being good at everything?)
I think that is fine for what you are probably going to want, though I am partial to skill points myself...

Ikkitosen
2007-02-18, 10:12 AM
I'd switch Con and Wis - 1 hp/level and +1 fort save vs. extra PP and +1 will save - I'd choose the latter. YOu can always take Imp Toughness, you'll have some feats to spend.

Gorbash
2007-02-18, 10:13 AM
Slayer? In which book is that class described?

Hyfigh
2007-02-18, 10:15 AM
Slayer? In which book is that class described?

Illithid Slayer in XPH.

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 10:29 AM
I'd switch Con and Wis - 1 hp/level and +1 fort save vs. extra PP and +1 will save - I'd choose the latter. YOu can always take Imp Toughness, you'll have some feats to spend.

Yep, you are right, sounds better :)

PinkysBrain
2007-02-18, 12:11 PM
Slayer is actually the slightly more generic version of the Illithid Slayer from the SRD.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-18, 02:01 PM
A buffed-up Psychic Warrior is more than a match for any Fighter; their powers also cover weaknesses (Psionic Freedom of Movement, Personal Mind Blank) and give them mobility (Dimension Slide, Dimension Door).

Probably the most important think when it comes to making a Psychic Warrior is making sure that you can buff quickly. Quicken Power is okay for this, but you can do better via use of the Schism power (use an Expanded Knowledge feat to snag it once you can manifest fourth-level powers) and the Linked Power feat from the Complete Psionic combined with powers that are by default Swift actions (like Vigor) or that can be made so at an increased PP cost (like Offensive Precognition).

You'll need to decide whether you want to focus on weapons, or on manifesting claws via various powers (such as Claws of the Beast) to use Vampiric Claw and other boosters with.

lared
2007-02-18, 02:18 PM
And there are always lesser metamagic rods of quicken, which are expensive but worth saving towards as you move towards those higher levels.

edit: Make sure your DM clears them for psionics use (psionic-magic transparency and such)

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-18, 02:19 PM
...yes. Lesser metamagic rods. Which... don't work with psionic powers.

Thomas
2007-02-18, 02:20 PM
Slayer is actually the slightly more generic version of the Illithid Slayer from the SRD.

It's hilarious that the class still has abilities like Brain Nausea, but no reference to mind flayers (since they are product identity). Hah!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-18, 02:21 PM
Psionic-magic transparency, BWL.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-18, 02:52 PM
Psionic-magic transparency only goes so far. You can't apply metamagic feats to psionic powers. Period.

ObsidianRose
2007-02-18, 07:31 PM
Forget the PsyWar, build a monk 6/Psionic Fist 5. Not only is the progression better (monk abilities scale), but you'll gain all the powers you need, there's synergy, and you can pick up expanded knowledge twice. What that means is that you'll become a super fast flying, fast hitting Giant Monkey (thanks to metamorphosis) that throws balls of ki energy and enchants its fists with fiery ki power.

Gralamin
2007-02-18, 07:42 PM
Psionic-magic transparency only goes so far. You can't apply metamagic feats to psionic powers. Period.

Quoted for truth.

I mean have you compared chain spell to chain power? *shudders*

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-18, 07:49 PM
Forget the PsyWar, build a monk 6/Psionic Fist 5. Not only is the progression better (monk abilities scale), but you'll gain all the powers you need, there's synergy, and you can pick up expanded knowledge twice. What that means is that you'll become a super fast flying, fast hitting Giant Monkey (thanks to metamorphosis) that throws balls of ki energy and enchants its fists with fiery ki power.

No, no, and no. Monk sucks. Psionic Monk sucks less, but you're still building off of Monk.

ObsidianRose
2007-02-18, 08:16 PM
But as the last scion of the Saiyan race, you're bound to make kiddies with the highest power levels ever. And you'll be permitted to study with short dudes with antennae to learn the spirit bomb.

Blinkbear
2007-02-18, 08:18 PM
AND I once said (and I should probably shout it out LOUDER):

I want to play a sword wielder. Greatsword. So, please no builds including: "Monk" or "Simply take weapon X with X different from Greatsword"

Other than that, thanks for all the support :)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-18, 08:18 PM
^: He has a point.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-18, 08:56 PM
Well, here's a build I came up with. You CAN do this as a human, but Half-Giant works better...

Sit Down and Shut Up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34124&highlight=Powerbuild) works just fine at 12th level, and can do just as well with a Greatsword as the Spiked Chain Cheeze...

In short:

Human PsiWar5/Pyro4/Slayer3

{table]Feat Progression:
1st: Combat Reflexes, Track, One Other Feats (that doesn't require BAB +1)
2nd: Power Attack (PsiWar bonus feat, now that you have a BAB +1)
3rd: Cleave (Possibly Leap Attack from CWar if you meet prereqs)
5th: Improved Bull Rush (PsiWar Bonus)
6th: Karmic Strike
9th: Shock Trooper
12th: Improved Critical: Greatsword[/table]Manifests as a 7th level PsiWar. This gets you Expansion, Psionic Lion's Charge, and Empathic Transfer, Hostile. Since you're a 7th level manifester, you can actually manifest this augmented to give you TWO size increases.

Slayer is a full BAB progression and full Manifesting (except for 1st level) prestige class, and is highly reccomended. Also, at 9th level, you get Cerebral Immunity, which makes you immune to mind-affecting stuff.

Pyro gives you +2d6 fire damage on every weapon blow. It also gives you a 4d6 ranged touch attack, and a Fire Lash to manifest if your Greatsword goes away.

Alternate

Human PsiWar6/Slayer6

Same feat progression. Basically, rather than getting the Pyro stuff, you go straight into Slayer, perferring to do the Pyro stuff as the last four levels rather than jumping right into it from PsiWar. This gives you a Manifester level of 11, and BAB of +10 at 12th level. Continue progressing in Slayer until at least 9th level, when you get Cerebral Immunity to laugh at anything trying to use mind-affecting things to shut you down.

Have fun doing 100+ damage per hit with full attacks on charges and laughing at the fools who try to shut down the 'tank' with mind-affecting stuff.

okpokalypse
2007-02-18, 11:36 PM
There's a few Routes to take with a Psy Warr, but here I'm going to list my favorite...

Psy Warrior / Warmind, 36 Point Buy.

Race: Hell-Bred (Fiendish Codex II)

Stats (Includes Racial and Level Mods + Items listed Below)
- Str: 18; Dex: 10; Con: 22; Int: 12; Wis: 22; Cha: 12

With Power/Ability Buffs
- Str: 24; Dex: 16; Con: 22; Int: 12; Wis: 22; Cha: 12

Bonus Devil-Touched Feat (Hell-Bred 1 HD): Devil's Favor
Bonus Devil-Touched Feat (Hell-Bred 4 HD): Devil's Flesh
Bonus Devil-Touched Feat (Hell-Bred 14 HD): ???

I'm building to Level 13 - just because it's when the PC comes into it's power in a multitude of ways...

Class Level HP ATK Ft Rf Wl Sk
[L01] Psychic War 1 8 +0 +2 +0 +0 12
[L02] Psychic War 1 5 +1 +3 +0 +0 3
[L03] Psychic War 1 4 +2 +3 +1 +1 3
[L04] Psychic War 1 5 +3 +4 +1 +1 3
[L05] Psychic War 1 4 +3 +4 +1 +1 3
[L06] WarMind 1 8 +4 +6 +3 +1 3
[L07] WarMind 2 8 +5 +7 +4 +1 3
[L08] WarMind 3 8 +6/+1 +7 +4 +2 3
[L09] WarMind 4 8 +7/+2 +8 +5 +2 3
[L10] WarMind 5 8 +8/+3 +8 +5 +2 3
[L11] WarMind 6 8 +9/+4 +9 +6 +3 3
[L12] WarMind 7 8 +10/+5 +9 +6 +3 3
[L13] WarMind 8 8 +11/+6/+1 +10 +7 +3 3

WarMind Powers:
Chain of Superiority (+4 Str & Con; 1 Min Duration - Free Action) 3/Day
Chain of Defensive Posture (+2 AC; 1 Min Duration - Free Action) 3/Day
Enduring Body (DR 2/-)
Sweeping Strike (Attack Enemy + Adjacent Enemy with single attack - always active)

Sweeping Strike is one of those "must haves" for this build. It allows the Warmind to attack an enemy and an adjacent foe to the enemy at the same time, so long as it's in a threatened square. This makes Expansion a must-have! Also, if either creature drops, it generates a cleave / great cleave*. And sweeping strikes apply to every attack, including those created by AoOs and Cleaves. There's no times per day limit - it's just always active.

* I've personally used this in such a way that I dropped a bag of mice (12) into an adjacent square of my target with my move action and then proceeded to take 13 swings as each attack generated a new cleave as a poor little mouse was cut down as part of the sweeping strike.

Feats:
[Lv 1] Power Attack
[PW 1] Psionic Weapon
[PW 2] Cleave
[Lv 3] Exotic WP: GreatHorn Hammer (MM4)
[PW 5] Psychic Meditation
[Lv 6] Great Cleave
[Lv 9] Deep Impact
[Lv 12] Improved Critical: GreatHorn Hammer

The Exotic Weapon is key because of it's Crit Range 19-20/x4 before Improvement at L12. Psychic Meditation and Deep Impact are for those cases where you're against a Dragon or something with such a high Natural AC that you just can't hit it normally.

Psionic Powers:
[PW 1] Expansion (Grow in Size)
[PW 2] Force Screen (gain Shield bonus)
[PW 3] Prescience, Defensive (gain AC & Save [Insight] Bonuses)
[PW 4] Hustle (See Below)
[PW 5] Damp Power (Minimizes all variables of spell/power affecting you)
[WM 1] Adrenaline Boost (+Str & Dex [Insight] Bonus - Swift)
[WM 2] Prescience, Offensive (gain Attack [Insight] Bonuses)
[WM 4] Prowess (gain Extra Attacks of Opportunity)
[WM 6] Vampiric Weapon (Weapon Damage is returned as HP)
[WM 8] Dimension Door, Psionic (See Below)

Dimension Door is an absolute must have, as it makes you the most efficiently mobile melee combatant in the field of battle. Use it in conjunction with hustle as follows:

Hustle (3 PSP - Generated an Extra Move Action) + Dim Door (7 PSP + 6 PSP Augmentation to make it manifest as a Move Action) = a Swift Dim Door. Sure, it's expensive, but SO worth it as at L13 (Min Level Required to do this) you're capable of instant transport up to 920' away. With a bag of rats at the ready and sweeping strike, you're pretty much a boss-killer.

Items of Note:
- Adamantine GreatHorn Hammer +2 [2H - Damage: 1d12 (M), Critical: 17-20/x4]
- Full Plate +4
- +4 Str Item
- +4 Con Item
- +4 Wis Item
- +3 Resistance Item

The drawback to this class is that you run out of PSPs pretty fast. At L13 with the Amplified Wis score and Class Levels, you've only got 93 PSP. That's pretty much good for 2 combats going full tilt. 3 If you're conservative and don't use the Hustle / Dim Door combo unless it's an emergency.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-02-19, 12:06 AM
There's a few Routes to take with a Psy Warr, but here I'm going to list my favorite...

Psy Warrior / Warmind, 36 Point Buy.

Race: Hell-Bred (Fiendish Codex II)
What is the +LA on that race?

Stats (Includes Racial and Level Mods + Items listed Below)
- Str: 18; Dex: 10; Con: 22; Int: 12; Wis: 22; Cha: 12

With Power/Ability Buffs
- Str: 24; Dex: 16; Con: 22; Int: 12; Wis: 22; Cha: 12

Bonus Devil-Touched Feat (Hell-Bred 1 HD): Devil's Favor
Bonus Devil-Touched Feat (Hell-Bred 4 HD): Devil's Flesh
Bonus Devil-Touched Feat (Hell-Bred 14 HD): ???

I'm building to Level 13 - just because it's when the PC comes into it's power in a multitude of ways...He asked for a CR 12 build...

Class Level HP ATK Ft Rf Wl Sk
[L01] Psychic War 1 8 +0 +2 +0 +0 12
[L02] Psychic War 1 5 +1 +3 +0 +0 3
[L03] Psychic War 1 4 +2 +3 +1 +1 3
[L04] Psychic War 1 5 +3 +4 +1 +1 3
[L05] Psychic War 1 4 +3 +4 +1 +1 3
[L06] WarMind 1 8 +4 +6 +3 +1 3
[L07] WarMind 2 8 +5 +7 +4 +1 3
[L08] WarMind 3 8 +6/+1 +7 +4 +2 3
[L09] WarMind 4 8 +7/+2 +8 +5 +2 3
[L10] WarMind 5 8 +8/+3 +8 +5 +2 3
[L11] WarMind 6 8 +9/+4 +9 +6 +3 3
[L12] WarMind 7 8 +10/+5 +9 +6 +3 3
[L13] WarMind 8 8 +11/+6/+1 +10 +7 +3 3
WarMind Powers:
Chain of Superiority (+4 Str & Con; 1 Min Duration - Free Action) 3/Day
Chain of Defensive Posture (+2 AC; 1 Min Duration - Free Action) 3/Day
Enduring Body (DR 2/-)
Sweeping Strike (Attack Enemy + Adjacent Enemy with single attack - always active)

Sweeping Strike is one of those "must haves" for this build. It allows the Warmind to attack an enemy and an adjacent foe to the enemy at the same time, so long as it's in a threatened square. This makes Expansion a must-have! Also, if either creature drops, it generates a cleave / great cleave*. And sweeping strikes apply to every attack, including those created by AoOs and Cleaves. There's no times per day limit - it's just always active.

* I've personally used this in such a way that I dropped a bag of mice (12) into an adjacent square of my target with my move action and then proceeded to take 13 swings as each attack generated a new cleave as a poor little mouse was cut down as part of the sweeping strike.
Damn, that is quite some cheeze there...

Feats:
[Lv 1] Power Attack
[PW 1] Psionic Weapon
[PW 2] Cleave
[Lv 3] Exotic WP: GreatHorn Hammer (MM4)
[PW 5] Psychic Meditation
[Lv 6] Great Cleave
[Lv 9] Deep Impact
[Lv 12] Improved Critical: GreatHorn Hammer

The Exotic Weapon is key because of it's Crit Range 19-20/x4 before Improvement at L12. Psychic Meditation and Deep Impact are for those cases where you're against a Dragon or something with such a high Natural AC that you just can't hit it normally.

Psionic Powers:
[PW 1] Expansion (Grow in Size)
[PW 2] Force Screen (gain Shield bonus)
[PW 3] Prescience, Defensive (gain AC & Save [Insight] Bonuses)
[PW 4] Hustle (See Below)
[PW 5] Damp Power (Minimizes all variables of spell/power affecting you)
[WM 1] Adrenaline Boost (+Str & Dex [Insight] Bonus - Swift)
[WM 2] Prescience, Offensive (gain Attack [Insight] Bonuses)
[WM 4] Prowess (gain Extra Attacks of Opportunity)
[WM 6] Vampiric Weapon (Weapon Damage is returned as HP)
[WM 8] Dimension Door, Psionic (See Below)

Dimension Door is an absolute must have, as it makes you the most efficiently mobile melee combatant in the field of battle. Use it in conjunction with hustle as follows:

Hustle (3 PSP - Generated an Extra Move Action) + Dim Door (7 PSP + 6 PSP Augmentation to make it manifest as a Move Action) = a Swift Dim Door. Sure, it's expensive, but SO worth it as at L13 (Min Level Required to do this) you're capable of instant transport up to 920' away. With a bag of rats at the ready and sweeping strike, you're pretty much a boss-killer.
Vampiric Weapon sucks. Read it again, it heals you half of your base weapon damage. You will be healing half of the 1d12, with the cheeze weapon you posted. Nothing else is counted. Crits aren't either. Go with Empathic Transfer, Hostile instead.

Items of Note:
- Adamantine GreatHorn Hammer +2 [2H - Damage: 1d12 (M), Critical: 17-20/x4]
- Full Plate +4
- +4 Str Item
- +4 Con Item
- +4 Wis Item
- +3 Resistance Item

The drawback to this class is that you run out of PSPs pretty fast. At L13 with the Amplified Wis score and Class Levels, you've only got 93 PSP. That's pretty much good for 2 combats going full tilt. 3 If you're conservative and don't use the Hustle / Dim Door combo unless it's an emergency.Actually, you've got 54 PP plus the stat mods. 7 from PsiWar and 47 from Warmind. Warmind has it's own manifestation progression, it does not continue PsiWar progression. So you manifest PsiWar powers as a 5th level manifester, and manifest Warmind powers as an 8th level manifester. Horridly sub-optimal, actually.

For a good use of Warmind, you start out with a non-psionic base class (like Fighter) and a psionic race (like half-giant).

In fact, a much better way to do things would be Monk/Warmind. Pick up Warmind 5 for the Sweeping Strike/bag of mice cheeze. Grab a Monk's Belt to make up for the lost monk levels. Grab Expansion, Inertial Armor, and Biofeedback as your 1st level powers, then grab Psionic Lion's Charge and Concealing Amorpha as your second level powers. Expansion... use is obvious. Inertial Armor = free AC. Biofeedback = DR/-. Psionic Lion's Charge = full attack on charge, which means optimal use of Flurry. Concealing Amorpha = immune to sneak attacks until rogues figure out how to negate your concealment.

okpokalypse
2007-02-19, 01:18 PM
What is the +LA on that race?

No +LA.

He asked for a CR 12 build...

So he can just make it L12 and leave it at that. It just defines the next level he should take to get the exceptional movement capabilities only afforded psychic warriors in melee.

Vampiric Weapon sucks. Read it again, it heals you half of your base weapon damage. You will be healing half of the 1d12, with the cheeze weapon you posted. Nothing else is counted. Crits aren't either. Go with Empathic Transfer, Hostile instead.

Expanded that weapon is 4d6 - which is healing 14 points of damager per double strike, per attack. In the bag 'o Mice example that's 182 Damage healed and a lot more dished out.

Actually, you've got 54 PP plus the stat mods. 7 from PsiWar and 47 from Warmind. Warmind has it's own manifestation progression, it does not continue PsiWar progression. So you manifest PsiWar powers as a 5th level manifester, and manifest Warmind powers as an 8th level manifester. Horridly sub-optimal, actually.

You're forgetting Wisdom bonus for PSP.

For a good use of Warmind, you start out with a non-psionic base class (like Fighter) and a psionic race (like half-giant).

I hate the idea of losing out on 5 powers in exchange for a bump of 8 to 10 sided HD and +2 BAB. They get the same # of feats up to level 5.

In fact, a much better way to do things would be Monk/Warmind. Pick up Warmind 5 for the Sweeping Strike/bag of mice cheeze. Grab a Monk's Belt to make up for the lost monk levels. Grab Expansion, Inertial Armor, and Biofeedback as your 1st level powers, then grab Psionic Lion's Charge and Concealing Amorpha as your second level powers. Expansion... use is obvious. Inertial Armor = free AC. Biofeedback = DR/-. Psionic Lion's Charge = full attack on charge, which means optimal use of Flurry. Concealing Amorpha = immune to sneak attacks until rogues figure out how to negate your concealment.

I prefer Monk / Psy Warr all the way through. With the Claw Spells and insane armor potential they're phenominal. Plus, you'd be getting anticipatory strike at L18 (via feat) - and that makes you all the more potent. I've managed to make a Githerzai Monk / Psy Warr which had an AC just over 80, and did a solid 150 damage a round - plus powers to fall back on when needed.

axraelshelm
2007-02-19, 02:38 PM
AND I once said (and I should probably shout it out LOUDER):

I want to play a sword wielder. Greatsword. So, please no builds including: "Monk" or "Simply take weapon X with X different from Greatsword"

Other than that, thanks for all the support :)

What is the major evil villains in the campainge? and what are the other plkayers doing? i always think i meshing party always goes down well and it might change my reconmendations for you.

Blinkbear
2007-02-19, 02:48 PM
I neither know the one nor the other, sorry...

But people to give you some info, here is what I am planning to do:

Damage dealer/charger. Linked Power and Expanded Knowledge Schism. Power attack, leap attack, all this goodness.

Oh and don't tell me that this is cheesy. I am not using a bag of mice!

Ikkitosen
2007-02-19, 03:21 PM
Psionic Lion's Charge FTW. Hustle is also good for running round corners to full attack people. Linked power Deflection, Lesser and Vigor for 5x(ML-1) temp hp as a swift action.

Person_Man
2007-02-19, 05:05 PM
This is my version of the build okpokalypse put up. I've played him in a few games as both a PC and an BBEG, and he's pretty uber. Remember, in D&D, battlefield control wins.

Flaming Homer, the Bowling Ball of Doom

[spoiler]

Goliath (+1 LA, but worth it for this build)

Overwelming Attack Monk (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/unearthedCoreClass.html#monk) 2/Fighter 2/Psychic Warrior 2/Pyrokineticist 1/Warmind 5/Full BAB class X

Bonus Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Combat Reflexes, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Knock-Down.

Feats from levels: Cleave, Knockback, Leap Attack, Shock Trooper, Hold the Line.

Other Feats for Consideration: Overchannel (Always useful), Mage Slayer, Battle Jump, Robilar's Gambit.

Books: SRD, Complete Warrior, Races of Stone (Knockback), Unapproachable East