PDA

View Full Version : Whisper in the Wilderness, part 2

Shadowdagger213
2014-05-29, 07:35 PM
Been a long time, but I may actually get to play a character in a game that was promised to me about 6 months ago.

My DM, My Stepson, has had to go through school, job hunt, start new job, new baby on the way and now a divorce.... but may still want to play (Boy is a SOLDIER! :ROY: )

Managed to talk my out of a good concept in one of my earlier posts, but have since come full circle. To the point that I had forgotten I had posted a "help please" about the very class combo I thought I had just thought of....

Anyway, rant done, Whispergnome Wilderness Rogue 9/Monk 1

STR 14
DEX 24
CON 20
INT 16
WIS 16
CHA 14

After racial adjustments and a partial shopping list of a Monk's Belt, Gloves of Dex +4, and a Rogue's Vest

Feats: (With 2 Flaws - Shaky and Vulnerable)

Flaw Feat 1: Dodge
1st: Titan Fighting
3rd: Weapon Finesse
Flaw Feat 2: Versatile Unarmed Strike
6th: Ascetic Rogue
9th: Improved Natural Attack (IUS)

With Acrobatic Backstab and Spot the Weak Point as 2 of my 4 Skill Tricks

Small Character doing 2d6+2(+6d6 Sneak Attack)

I think I may be done....

Can overcome most DR except magic and aligned, but I don't think he knows of anything that has those. Flurry is "Meh" (+4/+4/-1) but hoping if I take my time on the worst guy and study him I can maybe One-Shot him using Spot the Weak Point and doing a flat footed surprize round touch attack.... from there it's all tricks and hidden weapons. There's a Quickrazor in here somewhere. Good Sleight of Hand, always hidden, 1d3+2+6d6 interspersed with Greatsword like damage on a flurry.... should be able to hold my own for a bit.

He can snipe (a bit) too but at -2 for that Shaky Flaw... didn't want anything (else) taking from my "to-hit", AC or HP so the occasional hard shot is acceptable.

How'm I doin' so far....?

.....And, Go!

Shadowdagger213
2014-06-02, 05:39 AM
Amendment to the feats -

Rearranged the order a bit, and put extra stunning in there...
Monk gets 1 stunning fist attempt per level per day (that's 1)
Also gets 1 more attempt for every 4 levels of any class other than monk (9 levels of Rogue = 2 more attempts)
Also gets 1 more attempt from the monk's belt
Then takes Extra Stunning...

Total of 7 attempts per day.... Stunned = Sneak attack

Need to find a few more ways of opening that up, but since a Whisper Gnome actually has a caster level (1st) with his SLA's he can use wands of anything on his spell list automatically, plus only has to do a caster level check to use any other, right?

If not he has 12 ranks in UMD(14 CHA) to make up for it...grease, ghost sound, color spray (ooooh...)

What do you think so far....?