PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on my wizard plan?

questionmark693
2014-05-29, 10:57 PM
So I'll be playing in an evil campaign that's going to be running pathfinder, but with most if not all of 3.5 material allowed. I was told cheese is allowed, but I've been running everything by the DM first to make sure. Anyways, we are starting at the bottom of level three, and I opted to play a wizard going for undead. So far I have permission to start as a necropolitan with faerie mysteries initiate, so I did, as well as alacritous cogitation and versatile spellcaster (ruled to let me cast higher than normal spell levels), and I'm a gray elf with the racial sub level.

I'm intending to get spell mastery, signature spell, and uncanny forethought, and then shoot for getting metamagic feats to the tune of chain spell, reach spell (mostly for shivering touch), and craft contingent spell.

I'm looking pretty seriously at the evolved undead template once, and then shooting for incantatrix. Does this all seem like good planning, or are there better things I should be doing that I'm not aware of?

Side note, can somebody point me towards chaos shuffling? Playing an elf, I'd like to abuse that if the DM is willing.

Phelix-Mu
2014-05-29, 11:01 PM
Embrace the dark chaos and shun the dark chaos are spells found in Fiendish Codex I, and using them is a grade above any cheese you've gotten approved so far. The flavor of the spells is that you exchange all your feats for Abyssal power of chaotic darkness (yay!) and then the other spell is used by good people/lawful people to reverse that conversion to chaos, exchanging your Abyssal Heritor feats for normal feats. Fluffwise, using them as an optimization tool is very sketchy, as they should more be plot events than cursory blips on your way to ultimate power.

That said, I'm sure some DMs are fine with it.

questionmark693
2014-05-29, 11:03 PM
Good to know, I'll look it up and avoid planning on using it.

ryu
2014-05-29, 11:10 PM
Good to know, I'll look it up and avoid planning on using it.

Also how far are you going with craft contingent spell? Just keeping up a few here or there? Filling your entire allotment of twenty slots on the wizard? Doing that to the whole party? All of the above plus also putting them on minions? If you know what you're doing this could get silly really fast.

questionmark693
2014-05-29, 11:15 PM
I'm probably going to keep maybe five or six, I don't want to overburden myself with upkeep (in time), and then one or two on my party members...being as its an evil campaign with expected treachery, I'll give everybody one or two to account for that, and myself a defense against each individual person, then a couple catch alls.

ryu
2014-05-29, 11:52 PM
I'm probably going to keep maybe five or six, I don't want to overburden myself with upkeep (in time), and then one or two on my party members...being as its an evil campaign with expected treachery, I'll give everybody one or two to account for that, and myself a defense against each individual person, then a couple catch alls.

Okay so fairly minor use of things all considered.

questionmark693
2014-05-29, 11:59 PM
Yes. What I'd like to have happen with this character is I want to have all kinds of tricks available, but not use them to their fullest potential, that way I always have another trick, and the party never actually knows my complete power level, for my character's safety.