PDA

View Full Version : DM Help For Pathfinder / 3.5 item suggestions for powerful, nonaggressive NPCs?

rubycona
2014-05-30, 12:01 AM
So, I've got 2 characters that I need to gear up. In application, they have no limit to the amount of "gold" they can get (they have enough political influence with spellcasters that mere coinage is way, way beside the point)

One is an epic level summoner, and the other, her... ah, it's complicated, let's go with friend, a wizard / cleric / Mystic Theurge (I let prestige classes go past 10 levels, so in my games, MT starts getting awesome down the road).

Thing is, the MT is a crazy pacifist. She couldn't kill a fly if it was a giant demon fly and actively eating her. So... the vast majority of items are (obviously) geared towards combat.

One easy one is the Headband of Mental Superiority. +6 to all the things? Can do! (Well, all the important-to-spellcasters-things.) And a dex booster. And I guess Con, too. That's the easy part.

In any case, it's the rest of it that throws me off. Ring of sustenance? Erm, I'm really not sure what all to grab.

The PCs won't be encountering them for a while, so I've got time to work them out. Any suggestions?

LTwerewolf
2014-05-30, 12:04 AM
Start loading up on every possible thing that essentially gives you immunity to harm.