PDA

View Full Version : Movies that made you cry...

sethdarkwater
2007-02-18, 11:38 AM
Here's the list of movies I cried on.
Castaway (When he lost Wilson)
Simon Birch (When he died)
Freak the Mighty (When his friend runs into the street screaming that he was supposed to get a new heart.
Return of the King (Ending Credits)
Titanic
Iron Giant
Bicentenial Man
And I think that about covers it.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-18, 11:38 AM
Oh and My DOg Skip.

Nerzi
2007-02-18, 12:10 PM
Erm...lets think...
-The Lion King
-The Land Before Time
Beautifuly, emotive deaths, always got me crying as a kid. Bambi by contrast did nothing, hate that film.

Think that's it. That I can remember anyway.

Titanic? Seriously? I think I was bored into a stupor by the time the thing actualy started to sink, and was rather impatient for all the annoying characters to just get on and die.

Strengfellow
2007-02-18, 12:20 PM
Cyrano De Bergerac.
The death scene gets me everytime.

Reinforcements
2007-02-18, 12:20 PM
*sigh* I too cried for Wilson and Littlefoot's mother. Also, Big Fish.

Don Beegles
2007-02-18, 12:25 PM
Cyrano De Bergerac.

Never saw the movie, but the book always makes me tear up, and if you're talking about the French Version of the movie, I've heard that it is brilliant.

I can't really think of any right now, but Lion King always did get me.

Oh, and Rent. I managed to restrain myself, but IO think if either the funeral or the bit at the end had been more than twenty seconds longer, I would have fallen apart.

jkdjr25
2007-02-18, 12:27 PM
Iron Giant
Serenity (one scene of it anyway)
Braveheart

Vix
2007-02-18, 12:27 PM
Ooh.. I had forgotten about Land before Time: I sometimes cry for Littlefoots mother but I always cry (happy cry) when they finally get there

There's way too many movies for me to list them though I'll second:
Return of the King (...you bow to no one...)

Strengfellow
2007-02-18, 12:30 PM
Yes I do mean the Jean-Paul Rappeneau version with Gerard Depardieu in the title role.

Midnight Son
2007-02-18, 02:17 PM
Let's see...

Braveheart
A Walk to Remember
Untamed Heart
We Were Soldiers
The Green Mile

To name a few.

Showgirls, but for an entirely different reason.

The Lion King? Seriously? I was cheering for Scar, the only character with any...character.

Nerzi
2007-02-18, 02:53 PM
Oh Scar's definitely the best character, no question about that.
I still find Simba watching his daddy die to be cry-worthy though, the look on the poor ickle lion cubs face :smallfrown:.

The Orange Zergling
2007-02-18, 03:23 PM
Sharpe's Waterloo, when Harris and Hagman die.

twerk_face
2007-02-18, 03:34 PM

Bigfish is great. But it's more like one-bittersweet-tear-running-down-the-side-of-your-face, rather than cry your eyes out.

Oh, and jkdjr25, what scene of serinity? As if i can't guess. But dude, it was done so well, I wasn't crying. I was just living with the moment like the rest of them.

Green Bean
2007-02-18, 03:34 PM
I'm really embarassed to admit this, but the only movie I ever cried at was Harriet the Spy I was just a little kid when I watched it, and when Rosie O'Donnel's character had. to leave Harriet behind forever, I'd always break down.

(unfortunately, I'm actually being serious :smallredface:)

Tussy the Druid
2007-02-18, 04:10 PM

I cried at these too, I cried at Click (although it was just a tear or two) I cried at the first Pokemon movie when Ash turned to stone. What? It was a sad moment.

Doglord
2007-02-18, 04:16 PM
Star trek nemesis when Data dies.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-02-18, 04:19 PM
The last one I remember crying at was My Dog Skip. The scene where that poor dog that got hit in the head with a shovel made me cry and filled me with rage at the same time :smallfrown: . Usually I don't forget that it's just a movie, but that was one of the few times where I did.

Rai Thunder
2007-02-18, 04:24 PM
Also, Big Fish.

The ending, right? I cry whenever I see that film. I love it though. Also, the alternate ending of The Butterfly Effect (which is ironically the only ending I've seen).

Oh, and Click.

I can't think of any others at the moment, as the two episodes of Futurama which have made me cry don't count as movies. :smallwink:

Khantalas
2007-02-18, 05:32 PM
Alternate ending? Does Ethan die? What alternate ending?

*is confused*

Oh, As Good As It Gets makes me cry.

Timberwolf
2007-02-18, 06:00 PM
I'm going to go down in infamy for this but I cried at Cool Runnings (I saw it at the cinema when I was about 12) and I still get misted up by the ending. It's the music that does it, I swear.

TheOOB
2007-02-18, 07:06 PM
Return of the king misted me up a little, and the End of Evangelion made be tear up a little, when I understood what I was watching anyways.

Amotis
2007-02-18, 07:08 PM
A Beautiful Mind.

SDF
2007-02-18, 07:13 PM
My favorite movie, The Road to Perdition.

Maybe...(can't remember)
SLC Punk
American History X
Swing Kids

Reinforcements
2007-02-18, 07:34 PM
I can't think of any others at the moment, as the two episodes of Futurama which have made me cry don't count as movies. :smallwink:
Ooh, let me guess... "The Sting" and "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings"? Or maybe "The Why of Fry"? Possibly "Godfellas"?

SDF
2007-02-18, 07:42 PM
Nah, one of them has to be Jurassic Bark.

Spartan_Samuel
2007-02-18, 08:45 PM
Saving Private Ryan

Smokin' Aces (the end of the movie, right as the arguement ended and Ryan Reynolds said that he wouldn't quit.)

Pursuit of Happyness

Wippit Guud
2007-02-18, 08:49 PM
Ok... I got a couple of weird ones, these are the ones I always remember, there may be a couple of more that slip my mind, but...

Hook - "You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting." - does it every time.

The second one is even worse, no quote though:
The Crow - when he's lying on his grave, and he sees his wife coming to him.

Trog
2007-02-19, 08:35 AM
Braveheart
Return of the King
Casablanca
Pursuit of Happyness

jkdjr25
2007-02-19, 09:10 AM
Bigfish is great. But it's more like one-bittersweet-tear-running-down-the-side-of-your-face, rather than cry your eyes out.

Oh, and jkdjr25, what scene of serinity? As if i can't guess. But dude, it was done so well, I wasn't crying. I was just living with the moment like the rest of them.

It was when Wash died. It was so out of the blue, plus he was my favorite character.

Kyrsis
2007-02-19, 09:24 AM
When I was little, it didn't take much for me. I can recall a few from then - ET, Land Before Time, and Short Circuit (when they make you think the robot was killed). Oh and Old Yeller. Apparently when I was REALLY little (I don't remember this but my mom likes to remind me) I cried during the original When the Grinch Stole Christmas, when he drops the little ornament off the sled when he's on the cliff.
More recently? The Notebook. My husband and I watched it on the plane from Okinawa once, and I was bawling my eyes out by the end. All the other passengers and flight attendants kept asking if I was ok, they all thought Husband was being mean to me.
I'm sure there are others.

talsine
2007-02-19, 09:40 AM
Catwoman. A movie so bad, it not only wasn't good, but made my physicaly ill. twice.

i could never enjoy The Lion King, or any disney film made after that. Disney must've ran out of fariy tales to re-make and so decided to steal from Tezuca instead. I'll never forgive them for it. If you want to watch The Lion King, watch Kimba the White Lion or Little Jungle Emporer, not only is the story better, but so is the animation.

RMS Oceanic
2007-02-19, 10:21 AM
I've never actually cried because of a film, but a couple have come close:

The Lion King (Darth Vader Mufasa's death)
Finding Nemo (Dory begging Marlin not to leave)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Cedric's father crying over his body. The single most emotive scene in the series so far, IMO)

Amotis
2007-02-19, 10:44 AM
When I was little, it didn't take much for me. I can recall a few from then - ET, Land Before Time, and Short Circuit (when they make you think the robot was killed).

Awww...yeah, short circuit. He's bleeding oil/battery acid! Nooo! :smallfrown:

Wippit Guud
2007-02-19, 02:15 PM
This one made me cry for a different reason:

Daredevil.

I was watching it with my son, who has seen all manner of movies too old for him - Jaws, Lord of the Rings, King Kong, XMen for a few - and thought nothing of watching Daredevil with him.

The scene where young Matt finds his father in the alley, my son starts crying, something I've never seen him do during a movie. And it tore me apart.

Midnight Son
2007-02-19, 04:56 PM
This one made me cry for a different reason:

Daredevil.

I was watching it with my son, who has seen all manner of movies too old for him - Jaws, Lord of the Rings, King Kong, XMen for a few - and thought nothing of watching Daredevil with him.

The scene where young Matt finds his father in the alley, my son starts crying, something I've never seen him do during a movie. And it tore me apart.Awww man. Now you made me tear up and I don't even have a son.

bosssmiley
2007-02-19, 05:16 PM
Cyrano De Bergerac.

+1. Crying at "Cyrano" is no shame.

"LOTR:ROTK" - Faramir's hopeless charge
"Last Samurai" - Ken Watanabe's death scene
"Troy" - King Priam pleading with Achilles to return Hector's body
"Waterloo" - Napoleon's Old Guard at bay and refusing to surrender
The remake of "Goodbye Mr Chips" when a scarred Colley (on leave from WW1) cracks up
and
the whole last 10 minutes of "Kagemusha".

I don't snivel at films much, but I know what I like; futile 'last stand' heroism. :smallfrown:

Amotis
2007-02-19, 05:21 PM
Really? I thought that was probably the most adaquate death I've ever seen.

Plus he's still alive right here. *finger to heart*

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-19, 05:50 PM
The film that always makes me cry at the end is "Spirited Away", something about the sheer beauty of it.

And am I the only one who cries at the end of Gladiator? "Who will help me carry him?..."

Did cry at the end of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (but I was about ten at the time) and FFIX too. Has a game made anyone else cry?

Apart from this and the "Land Before Time" I don't get too emotional at the "classics". Mostly because I despise ET and Bambi. Big-eyed freaks...

Amotis
2007-02-19, 05:53 PM
Yeah, The Last Samurai is a tear jerker alright. It suddenly like "aww...it's a sad movie..."

zeratul
2007-02-19, 06:00 PM
I cried at
the last samurai (when katsumoto died)
(this is a tv show) naruto (when zabuza died)

Nerzi
2007-02-19, 06:05 PM
Apart from this and the "Land Before Time" I don't get too emotional at the "classics". Mostly because I despise ET and Bambi. Big-eyed freaks...

Heh, agreed, can't stand Bambi, annoying little animal. ET I was always a bit 'meh I don't really care' about, in fact I may have possibly either slept through parts or left the room cause I don't remember much of it. Either way doesn't say much for the film.

Portent
2007-02-19, 11:33 PM
Second End of Evangelion. I loved that series and the final movie, especially Asuka's last stand.

House of Flying Daggers, in the scene where Mei throws her dagger for the last time. The music in that several second shot that follows the knife through the air to deflect the blood drop is amazing.

What Dreams May Come, when Robin Williams' character's eyes go grey after he makes the decision to stay with his wife.

I guess I'm just a sucker for sacrifice and wild berserker last stands.

Wippit Guud
2007-02-20, 12:07 AM
And am I the only one who cries at the end of Gladiator? "Who will help me carry him?..."

Completely forgot about Gladiator, but it's the line, 'Go to them' which gets me...

SDF
2007-02-20, 06:59 AM
Ooh, Grave of the Fireflies it is the only cartoon I can remember crying to... (I probably cried during the Transformers movie, but I was probably 7 and can't recall that long ago.) Those children are just... *cries thinking about it*

Beleriphon
2007-02-20, 08:59 AM
The Neverending Story when Atreyu's horse buys it, geez that gets me every time. I even made a little girl cry once when I forgot that scene was in the movie.

i could never enjoy The Lion King, or any disney film made after that. Disney must've ran out of fariy tales to re-make and so decided to steal from Tezuca instead. I'll never forgive them for it. If you want to watch The Lion King, watch Kimba the White Lion or Little Jungle Emporer, not only is the story better, but so is the animation.

I prefer Hamlet myself.

Athenodorus
2007-02-20, 09:06 AM
Iron Giant and Regarding Henry had me blubbering like a gibbering mouther.

Edit: Yeah, I have cried for video games before. In fact, I think I like the plotlines to video games more than movies. :)

Jack Squat
2007-02-20, 09:08 AM
Rudy is one of the few movies that made me get misty, can't remember the others at the moment.

Trog
2007-02-20, 09:17 AM
Ooooh... I almost forgot. Schindler's List. The scene where he says that he could have gotten more people with his ring and with his car and... yeah. Holy crap I cried. Powerful stuff.

Beleriphon
2007-02-20, 09:52 AM
Ooooh... I almost forgot. Schindler's List. The scene where he says that he could have gotten more people with his ring and with his car and... yeah. Holy crap I cried. Powerful stuff.

Liam Neeson FTW! Schindler's List in general is a tear jerker.

Oh, I have to add Disney's Robin Hood, the one with the fox. When it looks like Robin dies at the end that nearly got me. I'll also add Transformers: The Movie to my list. Peter Cullen's dying speech for Optimus Prime is magnificent.

Darius Midnite
2007-02-20, 12:16 PM
Basically all of the Marvel movies. Gah! So bad...
Also, all movies made by Mel Gibson. Passion of the Christ? Apocalypto? All is worth less than nothing.

Druid
2007-02-20, 12:26 PM
I almost cried at the end of hero

Spoiler: After Snow and Broken Sword fought and Snow was crying over his death.

clarkvalentine
2007-02-20, 12:33 PM
Whale Rider.

When Pai, in despair, calls to the whales - and they answer.
When Pai stares at the empty seat in the auditorium.
When Koro is presented the whale tooth and finally accepts what he's known all along.

sktarq
2007-02-20, 07:16 PM
Lets see....
the one that drives me nuts as to why control of my tear ducts is not my own-Armagedon
Click (one fricken tear but yes)
Farenhight 911 (when she reads her son's letter-which was surprizing as hell as it was the first time I cried in 4 years)

I sense a parental theme here

NecroPaladin
2007-02-20, 07:19 PM
I can't even count all the movies that made me cry, but I'll start with:

Pan's Labyrinth,
Forrest Gump,
Platoon,
Gallipoli,
Of Mice and Men (but I cried more reading the book)

TheThan
2007-02-20, 08:55 PM
Return of the king misted me up a little, and the End of Evangelion made be tear up a little, when I understood what I was watching anyways.

yeah Evangelion will do that to you...

sethdarkwater
2007-02-21, 08:46 PM
Just a few more to add are
Butterfly Effect
Land Before time
Big Fish
Lion King though? hmmm...

Dragonrider
2007-02-21, 10:21 PM
The Return of the King.

I do NOT cry easily. However, just about from King Theoden's death onwards, I was in and out of tears. I can't think of another movie that's ever made me cry. It's a weird experience watching a movie with your family (at the moment "Finding Neverland" comes to mind) and being the only one with dry eyes.

Sereno
2007-02-22, 02:06 PM
I usually mist up a little during the drowning scenes in Titanic; especially the Irish lady telling her kids the story of Tir-na-nog and the old couple hugging in their bed as the water is rushing under their door. The "Nearer My God to Thee" from the quartet only makes it worse.

Schindler's List, of course.

Also in Deep Impact (the Speilberg "asteroid hitting the Earth" movie), during the scene where the crew is saying good-bye to their families as they're about to crash into the comet to destroy it and one astronaut, who's been blinded, is saying good-bye to the baby he's never even seen!

But, I've never cried at any movie more than Passion of the Christ ... not the brutality scenes, though ... they just made me feel ill. Three scenes really got to me; when Jesus stops the stoning of the adulteress, when Peter denies that he was with Jesus, and when Mary sees Jesus on his way to Golgotha.

Rabiesbunny
2007-02-22, 03:12 PM
My big one is Sailormoon R. I know that seems weird, but that movie KILLS me at least three times, everytime I see it. And it's only an hour long! The first time Fioret impales Tuxedo Kamen, and then abducts him, and Sailormoon falls to her knees crying; then, when she's fighting Fioret, and he comes up from behind her, catches her in his thorned vines and crucifies her, and the other Sailor Senshi begin to have flashbacks as to how it sucked being lonely.

The final time is when, at the end of the movie, Sailormoon is dead, Mamoru's holding her in his arms with a look of shock. The other Senshi are desperately crying, urging her to come back. At the end of this scene, when she comes back, and everyone bursts into joyful tears, I always do too.

*Sniffle* You did it Usagi!

The Orange Zergling
2007-02-22, 03:22 PM
I third Last Samurai. That was a good movie.

Blood
2007-02-22, 03:34 PM
I usually mist up on any movie that gets even remotely emotional, but I only shed tears on a couple of movies. Which ones, specifically, I can't remember.

Axl_Rose
2007-02-22, 05:41 PM
Hmm... I don't think I've ever cried during a movie before. Lemme think longer, I'll edit my post if I can think of something./

AmoDman
2007-02-23, 03:07 AM
Finding Neverland. < That's a Period

Obsidian Blade
2007-02-23, 03:47 AM
The movie I remember crying the most in was Pay it Forward, at the end. I was just sitting there with tears running down my face. My sister took a picture. I also cried in Braveheart, Schindler's List, The Return of the King, and United 93 (also called Flight 93).That's all that comes to mind at the moment.
... oh, and a really embarrasing one. When I was little, we went to see a Winnie the Pooh movie. You know, the one where Tigger can't find his real family? I bawled my eyes out at that, and its about nine years later and I STILL haven't heard the end of it.

Cubey
2007-02-23, 05:59 AM
I consider myself an emotional person, but I, surprisingly for myself, almost never cried during a movie. Last time I cried was at the ending of Enemy Mine, 6+ years ago. I was just a kid so it doesn't really count.

Final Fantasy 6's ending made my eyes misty though. The music... everything.

Grave of the Fireflies is much less depressing and much more infuriating when you realise that the whole sad things happening is basically the brother's fault.
Nobody forced him and his sister to live in that den. They could stay with that family, he only had to find himself a proper job. And even when they moved out, they didn't have to starve - he could travel and withdraw money from their account BEFORE his little sister was on the verge of death. She died only because of his stupid anarcho-lazy ideals.

Fronko
2007-02-23, 06:06 AM
Top 3:
Return of the King ("You bow to none, my friends!")
The Green Mile (Most of the last part)
Armageddon (When Bruce Willis died - sue me!)

... and basically every other movie that gets more than averagely emotional ...

Thelion
2007-02-23, 06:22 AM
I should definitly name Highlander, the part where his wife Heather dies always makes my eyes bleed (especially with 'Who Wants To Live Forever' on the background).

Second I'dd like to mention Watership Down, the ending scene where Hazel dies and goes up to rabbit heaven... damn.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-02-23, 07:04 PM
I can't recall many times that I've cried at movies, but among them are Return of the King (When Theoden died, and I almost cried at The Grey Havens) and Life is Beautiful ("That was the the gift my father gave me...").

And if we're including books, The Subtle Knife, when Lee Scoresby died.

Priceless_Ming
2007-02-23, 07:10 PM
I cried at the end of Traffic.

Top that. I defy you to top that.

Midnight Son
2007-02-24, 12:56 PM
I cried at the end of Traffic.

Top that. I defy you to top that.
I already did, a few pages back even.

Let's see...

Braveheart
A Walk to Remember
Untamed Heart
We Were Soldiers
The Green Mile

To name a few.

Showgirls, but for an entirely different reason.

The Lion King? Seriously? I was cheering for Scar, the only character with any...character.

Jibar
2007-02-24, 01:52 PM
A.I.
King Kong

And that's it.
I always feel heartless for crying at so few movies, but these are the two that have made me cry.
I actually refuse to watch A.I. now because it makes me feel so sad.

Kumquat
2007-02-24, 02:09 PM
the movie that jumps to mind as being the one that makes me cry is probably one that only a couple other people here have heard of unfortuanately, because it is a Japanese Film that was never brought here at least...Yomigaeri. I cry for about the last half hour of that film.

um...I actually got a bit sad and nearly cried in Naruto at the 3rd Hokage's funeral.
and I got close to crying at some parts in the Lord of the Rings series and Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan I think, but I end up watching mostly comedies, so don't end up crying that much watching stuff.

NecroPaladin
2007-02-24, 02:49 PM
Did cry at the end of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (but I was about ten at the time) and FFIX too. Has a game made anyone else cry?

Sonic Adventure One. It seems pathetic, yes. But it's all about the Robot, E_102~Gamma.

Explanation:He is one of a group of increasingly more powerful robot minions, who are controlled/powered by brainwashed (Cyborg-ized. They still act like robots) animals in place of CPUs or batteries, because then they don't run out of power and they get the reflexes of a living being. He's about in the middle, progress-wise; he's outdated, but unlike, say, E_101~Beta, he's not entirely useless. He goes through a lot of the standard evil missions, but then takes a nasty shot, and is about to be destroyed by our hero, Sonic the hedgehog, when Amy Rose (normally I hate her) saves him. He realizes the empathy capable of living beings, and decides that the robots were better off as animals. So, he proceeds to go on a vendetta killing, blowing up all the other robots, until he eventually is dealt a mortal blow during a (victorious) fight with and updated Beta. Unstable and without a purpose, the only remaining robot to "free," he commits suicide. Heavy stuff for a sonic game.

EDIT: Oh, and I completely forgot about "Life is Beautiful" (^Movie); I was BAWLING.

Rabiesbunny
2007-02-25, 12:35 AM
PAN'S LABRYINTH. At the end scene, I was an utter wreck...

What a strange, sad movie...

Job
2007-02-25, 04:00 AM
Big Fish.

Yeah I know the director was trying to get to me, but I sobbed anyways.

Piedmon_Sama
2007-02-25, 04:42 AM
There's only one time I've ever actually CRIED while watching something. That wasn't a movie, it was the Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop. At the very end---not when Spike dies, but after the final credits begin to roll and the camera continues to pan out, into a clear sky, then the depths of space, and finally to a white light of eternity. The ending music was absolutely beautiful, I was fourteen years old, and.... and..... WHY, WHY DID SPIKE HAVE TO DIE!?!? WAAAAAAH!!!

Now, there's been quite a bit more times I got misted/up, or threatened to cry.... when I watched the end of Gladiator for the first time (I was 11), when I watched the end of Dragonheart (I was 9), when Katsumoto died in The Last Samurai (I was... OK, I was 16 >_>), at the end of Samurai Champloo (another anime) when the companions part ways.... also at Boromir's death-speech in FotR and Faramir's suicide-charge in RotK (total copout how he lived, though...) Oh, and when Lex Luthor beat and humiliated a weakened Superman in Superman Returns... and then when Superman used all his power to throw that kryptonite island into space...

Basically, like a lot of people here, I'm a sucker for heroic/suicidal last-stands, noble sacrifice and determination in the face of impossible odds.

Not really on the topic, but I've openly cried over more comic books than anything else. When I first read Dark Knight Returns (I was 10) I cried at Alfred's death (and that Batman was even FIGHTING Superman, that felt so wrong to me). I cried when I read Universe X and saw Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, sacrifice himself to save the reincarnated Mar-Vel. And I shed tears when Rock Lee lost to Gaara.... I ultimately stopped reading Naruto, part of the reason of which was I felt the author was just too cruel to poor Rock Lee.

Athelis
2007-02-25, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I also misted up at The Last Samurai, I think it was the whole idea of the ancient order of Samurai being destroyed that got me (Yeah I have weird feelings) and the scene where everyone is preparing for the battle, so solemn. Another that got me was The Sandlot, I'm not really sure why but something about the last scene, and the music playing.

Eladrinstar
2007-02-25, 10:19 AM
Movies that made me cry because they were sad:
Deep Impact (ending scene with astonauts in shuttle talking to their families one last time.
Passion of the Christ.
Schindler's List.
Grave of Fireflies (I think that is what is was called).
Forrest Gump.

Movies that made me cry because they were bad:
D&D movie (I wanted them to all die!)
Napolean Dynamite (Make the madness stop. I want it to go away!)

beholder
2007-02-25, 11:49 AM
a lot of movies already, but i'll add one that is missing, and my own really really weird one

Star wars, return of the jedi: when vader throws the emporer into the core....not vader's death, but the moment when he decides to save his son

and my weird one: tank girl
if anyones seeen it, ifeel sorry for booger/boomer, the stupid kangaroo-warrior. why do they all pick on him?

Amotis
2007-02-25, 03:56 PM
There's only one time I've ever actually CRIED while watching something. That wasn't a movie, it was the Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop. At the very end---not when Spike dies, but after the final credits begin to roll and the camera continues to pan out, into a clear sky, then the depths of space, and finally to a white light of eternity. The ending music was absolutely beautiful, I was fourteen years old, and.... and..... WHY, WHY DID SPIKE HAVE TO DIE!?!? WAAAAAAH!!!

The music was what did it for me. Heck, the music was what did it for me for the entire series. Great show, great moving ending.

Solaris
2007-02-25, 05:08 PM
A.I.
King Kong

And that's it.
I always feel heartless for crying at so few movies, but these are the two that have made me cry.
I actually refuse to watch A.I. now because it makes me feel so sad.

I can top that. I have, in the past decade of my life, cried at no movie. Ever. I read this topic and determined that my species is populated with pansies*.
That said, I found the President's speech in the movie Independence Day (yes, that one with Will Smith and the horrible, horrible ending) to be far better than anything Aragorn said. The phrase "We will not go quietly into that good night" trumps it all.
Of course Katsumoto Moritsu's death in Last Samurai was emotionally stirring. Nathan Algren existed pretty much solely as a vehicle for Katsumoto's characterization. I didn't cry at it; I was still too busy WTFing at Algren having killed the Lieutenant Colonel by throwing his katana.
"Things I learned from Last Samurai: If you're the only white guy on a horse, watch out for flying swords. Odds are fifty-fifty you'll catch some stabbity death from afar."
. . .
Yeah, there's something wrong with me. Pansies. All of you. Pansies.
*Note: Anything more or less insulting Solaris says involving the word 'pansy' is not to be taken very seriously at all. He's not insulting you. He just thinks he's funny. Smile, nod, and try not to get too close.
Even though I really have not cried at a movie in the past decade.

Mattaeu
2007-02-26, 01:04 AM
I admit to skimming, but only to see if The Untouchables was mentioned.

It wasn't the end ending, but the part when Malone is crawling to the operatic music. Man, I tell you what.

SDF
2007-02-26, 01:20 AM
I forgot about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I have never been as sad and angry at the end of a movie in my life.

Wippit Guud
2007-02-26, 04:55 AM
and my weird one: tank girl
if anyones seeen it, ifeel sorry for booger/boomer, the stupid kangaroo-warrior. why do they all pick on him?

I will never shed tears for someone who gets Lori Petty in bed.

Unless they're tears of jealousy

ray53208
2007-02-26, 06:56 AM
i almost never cry anymore. weird huh? it takes a bit for a movie to get me to cry. i dont think there are many that get me all weepy. angry? yeah. but not so sad that i cry.

i just dont go for sappy hollywood flicks. so maudlin and contrived.

let me think about it... the last time i was on the edge of tears was at the end of braveheart... and before that was jedi when vader asks luke to take of his mask so that he could see his son with his own eyes before he dies.

not much else i can think of off the top of my head.

Amotis
2007-02-26, 05:46 PM
I admit to skimming, but only to see if The Untouchables was mentioned.

It wasn't the end ending, but the part when Malone is crawling to the operatic music. Man, I tell you what.

Seconded. I'm very glad the movie didn't end right then or else I would of been sad instead of angry (with still sad).