PDA

View Full Version : Robotic Druid.... or was it?

D4rkh0rus
2014-05-30, 09:29 AM
I remember once seeing a post (in here) about a warforged druid that shapeshifted into mechanical (metal plated? or was it metal skinned?) animals/dinosaurs. But I cant find it D: anyone know what I'm talking about?

Rebel7284
2014-05-30, 09:34 AM
Well your feats don't go away when you wildshape. Therefore a warforged taking a plating feat (Adamentine Plating and such) maintains it in wildshape. Of course you need a way to ignore the rule about not wearing metal armor at that point. :)

D4rkh0rus
2014-05-30, 09:36 AM
The thread was about doing just that, ignoring the metal restriction, also something about going on a ledge, jumping onto an enemy and shapeshifting into a 10000ton metal bear while mid air...

sideswipe
2014-05-30, 09:40 AM
cant warforged be made of things like wood? (i don't have the book right here and i have never played one).

lytokk
2014-05-30, 09:44 AM
Wildshape ranger would let you wear metal armor and still wildshape. Small or medium animals though, unless you go Master of Many Forms, or Primeval. It wasn't me who talked about it, but I've got a character I want to play in a game if I ever get the chance to play again. I just wanna be Grimlock.

Edit: Yes, darkwood ironwood body is a feat that lets you keep your armor plating when druid wildshaping.

Anxe
2014-05-30, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a Warforged Druid needs to take the Ironwood Body plating feat. Not sure how the rest of that trick goes, but it sounds pretty cool.

D4rkh0rus
2014-05-30, 09:51 AM
I see, thanks.

dysprosium
2014-05-30, 09:52 AM
Warforged Wildshape Ranger going into Master of Many Forms can have the mithral plating and (eventually) turn into a dinosaur or whatever else you want and keep the plating.

Warforged Wildshape Ranger going into Primeval can have mithral plating and turn into one kind of dinosaur or prehistoric or dire animal and keep the plating.

Races of Eberron says that warforged keep their composite plating while wildshaped. So if you want to go metal you should roll with the Wildshape Ranger.

D4rkh0rus
2014-05-30, 09:57 AM
Warforged Wildshape Ranger going into Master of Many Forms can have the mithral plating and (eventually) turn into a dinosaur or whatever else you want and keep the plating.

Warforged Wildshape Ranger going into Primeval can have mithral plating and turn into one kind of dinosaur or prehistoric or dire animal and keep the plating.

Races of Eberron says that warforged keep their composite plating while wildshaped. So if you want to go metal you should roll with the Wildshape Ranger.

Yeah, everyones saying that.
Now to make a campaign where the PCs need to all be warforged wildshape rangers.

GoGo Power Shapers! Mighty Morphin' Power Shapers!

On a second note, is there any method accessible to Warforged wildshape rangers/primevals/MoMFs that can "combine" them? clearly a Shapeshiftzord is needed.

Rebel7284
2014-05-30, 10:04 AM
There is a forgotten realms deity (Mielekie or something?) that is 100% ok with druids wearing metal as I recall. Of course it's a different setting from Eberron's Warforged.

lytokk
2014-05-30, 10:13 AM
Yeah, everyones saying that.
Now to make a campaign where the PCs need to all be warforged wildshape rangers.

GoGo Power Shapers! Mighty Morphin' Power Shapers!

On a second note, is there any method accessible to Warforged wildshape rangers/primevals/MoMFs that can "combine" them? clearly a Shapeshiftzord is needed.

Psionic fusion? Maybe an item of it. Unfortunately probably epic level.

Starbuck_II
2014-05-30, 11:32 AM
There is a forgotten realms deity (Mielekie or something?) that is 100% ok with druids wearing metal as I recall. Of course it's a different setting from Eberron's Warforged.

She is in the 3.5 PHB as well. Melini, the Unicorn diety, does in FR. Dritzz Du'rden worships her.

bekeleven
2014-05-30, 11:38 AM
From what I recall, composite plating doesn't interfere with druid powers, since it's not armor. Mithril and Adamantine feats do, though.

Phelix-Mu
2014-05-30, 11:48 AM
I thought that it might be a good place to mention the Landforged PrC, which I think has to do with warforged druid-types. Not sure if it would help with the Megazord plan, but marginally relevant.

Darrin
2014-05-30, 12:50 PM
The thread was about doing just that, ignoring the metal restriction, also something about going on a ledge, jumping onto an enemy and shapeshifting into a 10000ton metal bear while mid air...

Part of that sounds like a variation on Sinfire Titan's 4500 lbs. of Stupid (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19863510/4500_lbs._of_Stupid?pg=1) trick. He started with Warforged because some obscure source quoted a specific weight for adamantine armor, and he was trying to reach 4500 lbs as efficiently as possible.

Jumping down from a ledge sounds like the Battle Jump feat from Unapproachable East. The wording on this feat might be more colorfully described as "klunky", and there's not a lot of agreement on how exactly it was intended to work. A somewhat "loose" interpretation turns any action that results in a fall into a full-round charge, usually with Pounce + Leap Attack + Shock Trooper and a few other damage multipliers on there. My Thumpback (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16756072&postcount=44) build might be a good example, if you've got a thing for baleen whales. The Roof-Jumper feat from Cityscape does something similar, if Unapproachable East isn't on your list of approved sources.

Warforged wildshaping into constructs sounds like the "Optimus Prime" trick from the Cityscape Web Enhancement: City Soul ACF for Druid 16. Gazebo Jones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=9823824&postcount=132) is another example, but doesn't use wildshape. He uses Thrall of Jubilex's 4 to get alter self at will.