PDA

View Full Version : Blades of despair Revisited

johnswiftwood
2014-05-30, 11:44 AM
Okay guys, i've had this idea for a campaign setting in my head for a while , a world with nine sentient and powerful swords,i've posted about it before a few times, and since then i expanded upon it

firstly, Orcs, the most well known low level monsters in the game, in this setting orcs are more varied in alignment then most other campaigns, they were created by a good deity as serfs to the elven race but were captured and tortured by the god of war and pestilence, though their love of nature remained any degree of obedience to other races they had left them. they are also the most potentially dangerous to humans out of any other race of monster due to their huge numbers and monstrous physical strength and endurance.

There are many many ways to hold a campaign, this world has had events equivalent to earths , just simply with feudal era politics and technology, so you could do anything from the rise of this setting's version of rome, to the characters being warriors in this setting's world war two.

the campaign i'm currently working on is to determine the pantheon beyond the nine deities i already have planned of which go as follows

Thaeric :the chief 'good' god, he is the creator of humans and orcs, his domains are honor, bravery , charity , and the sun , in terms of behavior he is similar to the christian god,and lugh from Celtic myth

Artima: the wife of Thaeric and goddess of nature ,fertility, love ,the hunt , and chastity
she resembles Artemis from Greek myth , she created elves halflings and gnomes

Hephes: god of the forge and tradition, Hephes had created dwarves, giants ,titans, cyclopes, angels , and dragons, he resembles Hephaestus and Odin

the laughing one: the most powerful of all the setting's deities , and by far the least sensical, he has no domains or living creations, some theorize that he is the god of wine,trickery,thievery, death,and music
he greatly resembles Loki and Hermes

the great stoic: the goddess of law , order and, rebirth, she created the notion of law it's self, she has no living creation, she doesn't resemble any deity

Octavia the spider queen: the goddess of spiders , decay , joy, sadness , and sexual promiscuity. she created the drow as her chambermaids. she is far from evil as most depict her, she simply ensures that pleasure can be enjoyed more with the existence of pain. she resembles Aphrodite

Bealzi: god of pestilence , warfare , cruelty, famine, and devils , he created goblinoids , devils , trolls , ogres , wargs, demons , and all other monstrous races
he resembles satan

Helara: goddess of spite, vanity, magic , and forbidden knowledge , she resembles Hera from greek myth, she is the reason magic exists and in her youth she was corrupted by Bealzi.

the chained one: a former servant of Bealzi, he turned against his master and nearly overthrew him, but a sneak attack by Helara had incapacitated him , the two evil gods, realizing the power of this demon sealed him inside a stone, using an incantation and magic paint , the paint resembles the shape of a chain which is why this god is called 'the chained one' his true name is unknown by all except Bealzi and should anyone speak his name, the chained one shall be set free

the practicing of medical science is considered evil , as such practitioners usually round up members of 'evil' races and subject them to horrible diseases ,malnourish them , do painful experimentation, all so they can do what a 'cure disease' spell is capable of.