PDA

View Full Version : A demiplane of nightmares...

atemu1234
2014-05-30, 01:26 PM
I'm making my own version of the nine hells loosely based off of Dante's Inferno (the book/poem, not the video game) and I was going to make there be a demiplane attached to it which was ruled by a demon named Paimon. Paimon's specialty is making the characters view their own worst fears, which begs the question, what would an in-game effect of that be?

Kazudo
2014-05-30, 01:30 PM
Well, it could be an effect similar to/exactly like the Dream Larva Abomination:

Worst Nightmare (Su)

Each time a living creature first views a specific dream larva from a distance of 30 feet or less (or from a scrying effect), the subject sees the image of the most fearsome creature imaginable. This is not an illusion or phantasm; the dream larva truly becomes, for just that instant, the subject’s worst nightmare. Even if simultaneously viewed by dozens of different creatures, the dream larva appears differently to each one of them. Creatures immune to fear or mind-affecting effects (or warded by protection from evil or death ward spells) are immune to worst nightmare; all others must make a Will save (DC 43) or die from the supernatural horror revealed. Survivors (and those resurrected) are immune to the effect from that individual dream larva in the future. The DC is Charisma-based.

Phelix-Mu
2014-05-30, 01:40 PM
Hehe, well, if you want to be evil, refluff Aleax so that it has all the powers of the target, but looks like whatever their worst fear is.