PDA

View Full Version : Cheesing a Battle Royale

Keltzon
2014-05-30, 01:34 PM
I posted last week about this, and now I need more specific help on my character.

Basically the DM is gonna have a lvl 25 huge battle royale with about 7 of us. It's gonna be in a walled off arena that we can see with our eyeballs. If we leave the arena we lose, but we can teleport and go ethereal etc. inside the arena.

I'm building a character around Word of Chaos and Dictum. I figure at this level everyone will be immune to everything, so casting a spell that doesn't allow a save and kills them instantly seems like a good idea. I need ways to boost my Caster Level. All cheese is allowed. Only rules are:

1. No psionics.
2. 1 million gold total to spend on items.
3. Third party books are allowed at DM's discretion. So basically if it's not homebrew, he'll allow it.
4. No leadership-style feats or cohorts. Summoning is allowed.
5. No classes specific to a world, such as Forgotten Realms only classes.

I'll be facing gurus at this game, I want to stand a chance.

Help!

-K-

EDIT: I added two rules the DM forgot to mention!

Muggins
2014-05-30, 01:51 PM
Obligatory: What is this character build around Chaos Word and Dictum? Race, classes and feats would be useful information.

Vhaidara
2014-05-30, 01:52 PM
inb4 Pun-Pun, Omnificer, Twice Betrayer, and all the rest

Gildedragon
2014-05-30, 02:00 PM
So you can overcome SR?
You're level 25? You might want to find a way to get level 11 of factotum in...
Cunning Breach is sick as you flat out ignore a target's SR
factotum+urpriest perhaps?

sleepyphoenixx
2014-05-30, 02:18 PM
Increasing CL by 10 shouldn't be a problem. Bead of Karma, Ankh of Ascension, Primitive Caster and you're at +11CL. That should take care of most SR problems, too. Or you could just go Hathran.

For defense, Earth Dreamer may be a good idea. Hiding underground with Earth Glide until the others have exhausted themselves is a decent strategy and you're pretty much unassailable without specialized effort while still being able to see your opponents.

Keltzon
2014-06-03, 03:34 AM
Thank you for those responses! They helped a ton.

I was reading the Monster Manual 3, just to see if any monsters would be good as a race, and I saw Shadesteel Golem. With Awaken Construct, it could become a PC. A PC with 0 level adjustment and immunity to magic...

So this Shadesteel Golem thing...

Let's assume the DM allows it. The level adjustment says...nothing. So I can make a Shadesteel golem with no level adjustment with all those abilities? I'm assuming the HD, saves, etc are not kept. Unless I'm assuming wrong and he DOES start with 6/9/6 saves and a 20 natural armor bonus and 18d10 HD? How would I make this character a PC, I guess is what I'm asking.

Being completely immune to spells seems awesome. Until someone wishes that my immunity goes away for a round or two. Also, what class would be suggested on a shadesteel golem PC for this fight?

PersonMan
2014-06-03, 03:56 AM
Well, even if you can get LA +0 for it, a Shadesteel Golem PC would only be able to have 7 levels of classes at ECL 25. Magic Immunity is basically infinite Spell Resistance, and in a lot of cases I'd think that 18 levels of classes would outweigh the benefits of being a Shadesteel Golem, especially if you're a caster.

Removing the HD isn't possible without shenanigans (some of which won't apply 'cause you're a golem), unless your DM will houserule that (but letting you play a level 25 Shadesteel Golem would be rather over the top).