PDA

View Full Version : Master Transmogrofist, infinite variety question

Bellberith
2014-05-30, 08:07 PM
okay so in infinite variety when it gives you an the options it says "includes the following"

I am wondering if i could also take a subtype from the secondary creature and add it to the primary.

Example can i take the incorporeal subtype from a valid secondary creature and add it to the war troll as the primary creature?

Jack_Simth
2014-05-30, 08:54 PM
okay so in infinite variety when it gives you an the options it says "includes the following"

I am wondering if i could also take a subtype from the secondary creature and add it to the primary.

Example can i take the incorporeal subtype from a valid secondary creature and add it to the war troll as the primary creature?

Theoretically, it could be read either way. The list is not explicitly finite... however, It might be an exhaustive list (and that's the ... less unbalanced of the two interpretations), or it might be an example list (which is considerably more unbalanced, but requires very heavy DM adjudication, as there's no real pattern to the list).

If I'm the DM, I'm going to treat it as an exhaustive list. If I'm the player, I'm going to run under the assumption that it's an exhaustive list. Why? If I'm the DM, one of the things I need to do is make sure to keep players challenged, and it's a lot easier if they're not running around doing basically anything. If I'm a player, I really do want to keep some kind of a cap on my personal narrative power.