PDA

View Full Version : Whip it. Whip it good?

Epsilon Rose
2014-05-30, 08:43 PM
Greetings all,
I'm currently playing in a campaign that might go through a reset soon and I'm hoping for some advice on how a few concepts I've been toying with might go together.

There are two main parts of this. The first is the weapon. In a thread, a while back, it was mentioned that a Pyrokineticist's lash, as a ranged touch attack, qualifies for ranged weapon feats. At the same time, by it's own text, it qualifies for any feat a normal whip would qualify for.

The second is that I'm not a very big fan of the "I stand there and make an attack" style play that normal "3.5" melee characters fall into. On the other hand, I am a big fan of Tome of Battle, Incarnum, and Binding.

Over all, I'm wondering if the Fire Lash's characteristics lead to any interesting combinations and if there's any subsystem (even if they aren't one of the three I mentioned) that could lead to more interesting and varied combat that also works with those combinations. At the moment, the only thing I can think of is using Shadow Blade from Tome of Battle to get dex to damage.

The DM will allow any official book, including dragon mag, but might not allow me to take any PrC before 9th level nor will he allow homebrew.

Thank you for your help,
Epsilon Rose