Religion: Kelemvor
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Feats: Extra Turning, Great Fortitude, Initiate of Kelemvor
Skills: Diplomacy 5 ranks, Knowledge: Religion 8 ranks
Base Save Bonus: Fortitude+4, Will+4
Spells: Ability to cast speak with dead as a divine spell
Special: Ability to turn undead

HD: d8 Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 Favored Saving Throws: Fortitude and Will

Class Skills (2+Int): Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: Arcana, Knowledge: Nature, Knowledge: Planes, Knowledge: Religion, Profession, Spellcraft

-Gains no new weapon or armor proficiency

-Each level grants +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

Class Abilities:

1st: Kelemvor’s Boon
Right of the Passing

2nd: Converse with Dead

3rd: Greater Turning 1/day (as Sun Domain: double turning damage)
Searing Light 1/day, Empowered if used against undead (caster level=divine spellcaster level)

4th: Bonus Turning Undead-related feat
Searing Light 1/day, Empowered if used against undead (caster level=divine spellcaster level)

5th: Kelemvor’s Blessing

6th: Greater Turning 2/day (as Sun Domain: double turning damage)

7th: Maximize Turning
Ethereal Purge
Searing Light 2/day, Empowered if used against undead (caster level=divine spellcaster level)

8th: Bonus Turning Undead-related feat

9th: Greater Turning 3/day (as Sun Domain: double turning damage)

10th: Kelemvor’s Grace
Searing Light 3/day, Empowered if used against undead (caster level=divine spellcaster level)

Kelemvor’s Boon: Knight of the Eternal Order levels stack with levels from any other class that grants the ability to turn undead for the purposes of turning undead.

Right of the Passing: As a standard action, a Doomguide may touch a corpse and prevent it from being animated as undead by anything less than divine intervention. The right of the passing may be performed upon one creature per Doomguide level per day. Corpses with 4 or more HD more than the Doomguide are immune to the ritual.

Converse with Dead: The Doomguide may ask one question per caster level when casting the speak with dead spell.

Kelemvor’s Blessing: The Doomguide gains +4 on saving throws against death effects, energy drain, or to overcome negative levels.

Maximize Turning: All turning damage is maximized starting at level 7.

Ethereal Purge: Starting at 7th level, once per day the Doomguide may surround himself with a sphere of power with a radius of 5’ per Doomguide class level that forces all ethereal creatures to manifest on or shift themselves to the Prime Material plane, as appropriate, for 1 minute per Doomguide class level. Such creatures may attempt a Will save (DC: 10 + Doomguide class level + Doomguide’s WIS modifier to resist the effect.

Kelemvor’s Grace: The Doomguide gains complete immunity to energy drain, death effects, and effects that cause negative levels. Allies within 10’ of him gain +4 on saving throws against death effects, energy drain, or to overcome negative levels.

Rierdrex
2007-02-18, 11:52 PM
Congratulations for the prestige class! I like the way you captured the flavour of Kelemvor's portfolio whilst keeping the class rather balanced. If this is a redux from faith and pantheon, I'd understand the need. I like seeing the various prestige classes from Forgotten Realms given a new shine. Especially the very flavorful ones that were a bit under-powered. Keep going!

Harkone
2007-02-18, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the enthusiasm. If you like the Doomguide, you may also like the Knight of the Eternal Order (it's on here somewhere). That's mostly what I do, by the way: take what I'm given to work with (from one or more sourcebooks) and, as you put it, "give them a new shine."