PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a Warforged Centaur

Effero
2014-05-31, 08:02 AM
I am relatively new to 3.5 rules and was looking into building a Warforged Centaur-like PC. I was looking into the tauric template but I'm not sure it will work for the whole Warforged idea.

LanSlyde
2014-05-31, 09:56 AM
Well, if the DMs willing to let you mess around with templates on a creature who fluff wise, has never known to have variations outside humanoid an alternative is the Tauric Belt from ECS.

JeminiZero
2014-05-31, 10:38 AM
It might be easier to turn a Centaur into a Warforged.

1) Start with a Centaur
2) Apply any basic template that transforms it into a construct (Such as Effigy from Complete Arcane)
3) Apply the Soulfused Construct Template (Magic of Incarnum) which transforms it into a Living Construct.

Effero
2014-05-31, 11:22 AM
Well, if the DMs willing to let you mess around with templates on a creature who fluff wise, has never known to have variations outside humanoid an alternative is the Tauric Belt from ECS.

The Tauric Belt is pretty much what I need, with a bit of fluff changes. It says on the description that it is a CL 20th Strong transmutation, could a Cleric or Arcane Spellcaster do the same to me with permanency?

It might be easier to turn a Centaur into a Warforged.

1) Start with a Centaur
2) Apply any basic template that transforms it into a construct (Such as Effigy from Complete Arcane)
3) Apply the Soulfused Construct Template (Magic of Incarnum) which transforms it into a Living Construct.

A Centaur starts with 4 levels in Monstrous Humanoid and +2 LA, add Effigy (no big deal I didn't see any abilities that would be cut) +1 LA, then add Soulfused Construct +1 LA. That's a lot of missing class levels. Is there any way to cut that down? And what are levels in Monstrous Humanoid anyway?

WhamBamSam
2014-05-31, 12:49 PM
The Tauric Belt is pretty much what I need, with a bit of fluff changes. It says on the description that it is a CL 20th Strong transmutation, could a Cleric or Arcane Spellcaster do the same to me with permanency?

A Centaur starts with 4 levels in Monstrous Humanoid and +2 LA, add Effigy (no big deal I didn't see any abilities that would be cut) +1 LA, then add Soulfused Construct +1 LA. That's a lot of missing class levels. Is there any way to cut that down? And what are levels in Monstrous Humanoid anyway?Monstrous Humanoid levels give d8 HD, full BAB, Good Will and Ref saves, and 2+Int skill points/level. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#monstrousHumanoidType) So not great, but could be worse.

Effigy Creature appears to have LA -, not LA+1, so it is not playable.

The Tauric Belt is an artifact level Warforged component. Not only can a caster not precisely replicate the effect, they can't recreate the item at all. It is beyond price and the only way you can get one is your DM specifically being nice to you. No idea why this should be the case, as it's really not all that powerful. See if your DM will do you a solid and help you homebrew up a reasonably priced version.

Warforged retain their plating feats and whatnot when they Wild Shape. A Warforged Wildshape Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 3 can turn into a robo-Centaur, though he'll have significantly better options available.

Effero
2014-05-31, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the help. Looks like to create this guy I'm going to have to make some deals with the DM so I don't end up losing a whole lot of levels in the process.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-31, 07:22 PM
Wouldn't a totem-bound Wemic belt make you a lion-centaur? All it'd need is a 2 level dip into Totemist.