PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Class: Martyred Champion of Ilmater redux

Harkone
2007-02-18, 03:23 PM
Martyred Champion of Ilmater

Requirements:
Religion: Ilmater
Alignment: Lawful Good
Feats: Endurance, Nimbus of Light (BED), any one other exalted feat (BED)
Skills: Knowledge: Religion 4 ranks, any one skill 9 ranks
Special: Must have died in heroic sacrifice.

HD: d10 Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 Favored Saving Throws: Fortitude and Will

Class Skills (2+Int): Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: Religion, Profession, Sense Motive

-Gains no new weapon or armor proficiency

Class Abilities:

1st: Bonus Feat: Diehard
Bonus Feat: Improved Unarmed Strike
Unarmed Strike: 1d6

2nd: +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class OR bonus Fighter feat
Fear Immunity

3rd: Greater Endurance
Damage Reduction 5/evil

4th: +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class OR bonus Fighter feat
Unarmed Strike 1d8
Divine Grace
Pact of Martyrdom or Glory of the Martyr 1/day (see PGF; caster level equals total character level)

5th: Holy Suffering

6th: +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class OR bonus Fighter feat
Damage Reduction 10/evil

7th: Unarmed Strike 1d10

8th: +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class OR bonus Fighter feat
Pact of Martyrdom or Glory of the Martyr 2/day (see PGF; caster level equals total character level)

9th: Communion
Sustenance
Damage Reduction 15/evil

10th: +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class OR bonus Fighter feat
Unarmed Strike 2d6

Fear Immunity: At 2nd-level, the Martyred Champion becomes immune to all fear effects, magical or otherwise.

Greater Endurance: At 3rd-level, the Martyred Champion gains a +4 sacred bonus on all the checks and saves improved by the Endurance feat.

Divine Grace: At 4th-level the Martyred Champion gains a bonus equal to his CHA bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

Holy Suffering: Beginning at 5th-level, whenever the Martyred Champion takes at least 50 points of damage in a single round and survives, he is surrounded by a radiant glow for a number of rounds equal to his Martyred Champion level. He gains a sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks equal to +1 for every 10 points of damage he took in the previous round (minimum +5).
Communion: Starting at 9th-level, the Martyred Champion may ask Ilmater a single question each day as if casting a commune spell with no XP cost.

Sustenance: Starting at 9th-level, the Martyred Champion no longer needs to eat, drink, or breathe, though he may still suffer the pain of hunger pangs or burning lungs. He takes no nonlethal damage and suffers no other ill effects from humger, thirst, suffocation, or drowning.

Rierdrex
2007-02-19, 10:20 AM
I really lick the sustenance ability, especially the bit about still feeling the hunger pangs. It gives the class its martyred feel. Holy suffering is strong, but balanced by the fact you need the minimum of 50 points of damage in one round. I'm not sure about the balance because it's playable as a warrior class and divine spellcaser (or a mix) and I'm not sure how that would turn out balance-wise. Also, maybe expend on the skills list a bit? Adding something like jump, climb, and swim could be used as a way to test yourself in the order of Ilmater (marathons and such). Nicely done.

Harkone
2007-02-19, 10:57 AM
I like your skills suggestions; I'm adding them now (Jump, Climb, Swim).