View Full Version : Prestige Class: Morninglord of Lathander redux

Harkone
2007-02-18, 03:24 PM
Morninglord of Lathander

Requirements:
Religion: Lathander
Alignment: any Good
Feats: Extra Turning
Skills: Craft: Any 2 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Heal 5 ranks, Knowledge: Religion 8 ranks, Perform: Any 2 ranks
Domains: Sun
Spells: Ability to cast 3rd-level divine spells, one of which must be daylight

HD: d8 Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 Favored Saving Throws: Fortitude and Will

Class Skills (2+Int): Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge: Arcana, Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Planes, Knowledge: Religion, Perform, Profession, Spellcraft, Spot

-Gains no new weapon or armor proficiency

-Each level grants +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

Class Abilities:

1st: Bane of the Restless
Lathander’s Light
Creative Fire

2nd: Daylight 1/day (caster level=divine caster level; also see Lathander’s Light power)

3rd: Searing Light 1/day, Empowered if used against undead (caster level=divine caster level)

4th: Greater Turning 1/day (as Sun Domain)

5th: Blessing of the Dawn

6th: Maximize Turning

7th: Bonus Domain: Glory

8th: Rejuvenation of the Morn

9th: Greater Turning 2/day (as Sun Domain)

10th: Aura of Radiance

Bane of the Restless: Morninglord levels stack with levels from any other class that grants the ability to turn undead for the purposes of turning undead.

Lathander’s Light: Spells with the light descriptor cast by a Morninglord have their area of effect doubled and are treated as one spell level higher for the purposes of countering or being dispelled by a spell with the darkness descriptor.

Creative Fire: Morninglords add a bonus equal to Morninglord level to all Craft and Perform checks.

Blessing of the Dawn: When they can see the sun, Morninglords get a +2 morale bonus on Will saves from sunrise to noon.

Maximize Turning: All turning damage is maximized starting at level 6.

Rejuvenation of the Morn: 1/tenday, the Morninglord may spend 1 hour of uninterrupted prayer before dawn to gain one of the following benefits:
--Healing up to full normal hit points (self only)
--Removal of any poisons or diseases (self only, does not restore ability drain or damage)
--Full restoration of ability damage due to one poison or disease

Aura of Radiance: The Morninglord can see in any amount of light, including magical darkness. The Morninglord also gains a +2 sacred bonus against spells with the darkness descriptor and a +2 sacred bonus to AC against undead.

Rierdrex
2007-02-18, 11:48 PM
I've read the original Morninglord of Lathander in Player's Guide to Faerun and I don't see why it needs a redux. It seemed fine. Could you explain what you wanted to change?

Harkone
2007-02-18, 11:52 PM
I didn't do much, now that I look at it again (I originally worked on this over a year ago, so bear with me). I just shuffled around the levels certain powers were granted, and also gave the Glory domain as a bonus domain (much like the Sunmaster of Amaunator in Lost Empires of Faerun).