PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Digging a hole: Summon Monster edition

LordBlades
2014-05-31, 12:45 PM
I am looking into building an underground base for one of my characters in the not very distant future.
I want to build it below a populated area (her home village) and with no mundane entrances (only way in is via Teleportation magic). I'm thinking start digging a way off, make a tunnel underground toward the intended base location, build the base and then collapse the tunnel and cover up any trace of the initial the mundane entrance.

What I have at my disposal to get the job done: The char is a PF Summoner brought in 3.5 with the following rulings: general mechanics work by 3.5 rules (so concentration,1 natural attack primary only, no CMB/CMD etc.), if a spell/ability has a 3.5 equivalent it uses the 3.5 rules (like Summon Monster), if not, it uses the PF version, updated only when needed. Currently level 7, but probably 9 or 10 before I get a chance to do this
What I get in abundance:
-Summon Monster (10 or so times per day, 10 or so minutes each summoning). I'm thinking something with burrow speed here to keep digging tunnels, but only burrow speed monster I can find are Earth Elementals, which specifically don't leave tunnels. Anything on the 3.5 Summon Monster list that's good at digging tunnels?
-Other Summoner spells, like Wall of Stone.
-Enough UMD to cast pretty much anything from any list. I'd rather keep the use of more powerful spells like Planar Binding to a minimum though (we're trying to have a tier 3 and below campaign).

So, how would you build an underground base with these resources?

Gavinfoxx
2014-05-31, 02:15 PM
You want to read this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aG4P3dU6WP3pq8mW9l1qztFeNfqQHyI22oJe09i8KWw/edit

LordBlades
2014-05-31, 02:49 PM
You want to read this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aG4P3dU6WP3pq8mW9l1qztFeNfqQHyI22oJe09i8KWw/edit

Wow, thanks:smallbiggrin: will definitely give it a read

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-05-31, 03:21 PM
There are creatures with Burrow speeds. Some burrow without making a hole behind; ride this type deep under the city. Some burrowers do leave a hole behind. Use these to actually create the underground system. Why have it under your home town instead of a random place that no one will think of?