PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magic Vestment & Oracles

Pex
2014-05-31, 01:56 PM
Various Mysteries provide a revelation that gives the Oracle a form of armor that lasts 1 hour per level. It need not be used continuously but must be used in one hour increments. Are these revelation armors valid targets for the Magic Vestment spell?

If yes, what happens if an Oracle decides to turn the armor off but then on again later that game day? Is Magic Vestment still working? Does the amount of time the revelation armor is off count against the duration of the spell?

If no, an Oracle could still cast Magic Vestment on his clothing as per the spell. Would the enhancement bonus provided by the spell still count/stack with the armor bonus provided by the revelation armor?

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-05-31, 02:16 PM
Question 1: RAW Unclear, leaning towards a "Magic Vestment no longer works." Taking Armor of Bones (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/bones) as a baseline, each time you use the armor you conjure it. If it's the same armor, and it's just going... somewhere... when you don't use it, then Magic Vestment remains. If, more likely, you're conjuring a new set of bone armor each time, magic vestment no longer applies.

Question 2: They don't stack.
Since enhancement bonuses to armor or natural armor effectively increase the armor or natural armor's bonus to AC, they don't apply against touch attacks.Enhancement bonuses to armor don't increase your AC. They increase the armor bonus of the armor you're enhancing. So, the armor bonus granted by your shirt (0 + CL/4) won't stack with the armor bonus granted by the bones.

Spore
2014-05-31, 03:21 PM
Due to the fact that the armors are borderless useless when you enter levels with magical equipment, I woul potentially allow it. But I would also want to recast Magic Vestment when the armor is dismissed.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-05-31, 04:16 PM
Due to the fact that the armors are borderless useless when you enter levels with magical equipment, I woul potentially allow it. But I would also want to recast Magic Vestment when the armor is dismissed.

No official ruling, but most GMs / forum posters seem to go with a ruling similar to Sporeegg's.

Pex
2014-05-31, 06:56 PM

My particular Oracle is Dark Tapestry and will be polymorphing a lot from Many Forms revelation such that magic armor won't function. The Cloak Of Darkness armor revelation, however, does stack with it confirmed by an earlier inquiry.