PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help [resolved] Uninstalling only GeForce Experience (Nvidia)?

Winter_Wolf
2014-05-31, 04:09 PM
In an effort to keep a game from app-hanging and/or CTD, I recently updated my nvidia drivers. The (at time of installation) mandatory install of GeForce Experience has been less than useless and I want to get rid of it. Can I uninstall only that component of the drivers or will it cause problems in new and irritating ways? Internet searches have returned nothing helpful about UNinstalling. The recommended optimizing is dumb, ie goes low when it should go high and vice versa, and doesn't actually update any .ini files but only resets them. Plus the eating up or RAM better spent on pretty much anything else (like the games I'm trying to play).

ericgrau
2014-06-02, 12:47 AM
From what I googled you should be able to uninstall only GeForce Experience in the same way you uninstall anything else, without affecting the drivers. Worst case scenario if I'm wrong is that you have to install everything again. But all the stupid add-ons I've seen before were individually uninstallable and a quick google seems to say that this is the same way. I did notice that it seemed to say that the drivers came with GeForce Experience, but they still seemed to think you could uninstall it without losing drivers.

Winter_Wolf
2014-06-02, 07:00 PM
I went ahead and deleted NvExperience, I don't know why it felt that it was necessary in the first place but I'm glad it's gone. For such a worthless little thing, it sure didn't mind eating up enough RAM to be irritating.

So far nothing's imploded or exploded.