PDA

View Full Version : Area of effects vs magic items and/or mundane items

Bellberith
2014-05-31, 07:40 PM
I KNOW this has been answered before. But my google-fu is failing this time.

If i were to manifest Energy Burst (sonic) in a crowd of fighters, what would happen to the items? magic and mundane alike.

also if someone were to use fireball would it have the same effect?

tzar1990
2014-05-31, 08:48 PM
Your possessions are only damaged if you roll a 1 on your saving throw, in which case a randomly chosen possesion takes the damage.

Rath the Brown
2014-05-31, 08:54 PM
Yep. The relevant text can be found in the Home > Magic Overview > Spell Descriptions section of the SRD:

Items Surviving after a Saving Throw

Unless the descriptive text for the spell specifies otherwise, all items carried or worn by a creature are assumed to survive a magical attack. If a creature rolls a natural 1 on its saving throw against the effect, however, an exposed item is harmed (if the attack can harm objects). Refer to Table: Items Affected by Magical Attacks. Determine which four objects carried or worn by the creature are most likely to be affected and roll randomly among them. The randomly determined item must make a saving throw against the attack form and take whatever damage the attack deal.

If an item is not carried or worn and is not magical, it does not get a saving throw. It simply is dealt the appropriate damage.