PDA

View Full Version : eye gem

Azraile
2014-06-01, 12:38 AM
So do eye gems count as any slot

or dose the fact that your undead or lost an eye enough to give you a new eye slot? lol

Gildedragon
2014-06-01, 12:45 AM
So do eye gems count as any slot

or dose the fact that your undead or lost an eye enough to give you a new eye slot? lol

What eye-gems?
and my guess would be they count as goggles.

malonkey1
2014-06-01, 12:50 AM
What eye-gems?
and my guess would be they count as goggles.

I assume it's a magic item that you place in your eye socket. If that's true, I'd say it takes up no slots, much like Teeth of Acererak and the Hand and (most tellingly) Eye of Vecna take up not slots.

Azraile
2014-06-01, 01:07 AM
ah think the goggles makes more sense

but not taking up one works too if it works for the gm lol

Gildedragon
2014-06-01, 01:18 AM
You talking about an item in particular or...

also not that if a magic item doesn't take up a slot it costs double of the slotted version of the item

Derpldorf
2014-06-01, 03:56 AM
After a google search I think I've found the item in question. It's a homebrew item from the D&D wiki.

They're basically gemstones of various flavors that liches and their ilk shove into their face to cover up their nasty eye holes when their eyes finally rot away.

It doesn't state any rules for enchantment ( or how they effect the eyesight of the shoved in eye gunk) but I'd also rule them as goggles/lenses.

malonkey1
2014-06-01, 10:12 AM
I'd still rule it like the Eye of Vecna, personally. You're not covering your eyes, you're replacing one.

Gildedragon
2014-06-01, 10:43 AM
I'd still rule it like the Eye of Vecna, personally. You're not covering your eyes, you're replacing one.

Body slots are devices for pricing; as tEoV is an artifact it does not need pricing. Normal items that go around the eye-places ought be goggle slotted

otakumick
2014-06-01, 02:03 PM
I would rule it more like a graft, than a magic item... unless enchanted... if enchanted and you can easily switch it out, goggle slot... if it can't be easily switched(like a graft) then just rule it as being the new eye.

Gildedragon
2014-06-01, 02:40 PM
I would rule it more like a graft, than a magic item... unless enchanted... if enchanted and you can easily switch it out, goggle slot... if it can't be easily switched(like a graft) then just rule it as being the new eye.

Ooooh yeah grafts!
There is one that is a gemstone: Eye of Flame

and another: cystaline eye