PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] Eberron revision in 3.5e?

bendking
2014-06-01, 09:50 AM
So I've been looking around for cool campaign settings, and it seems people really like Eberron.
My question is, then, is there a 3.5 revision for it? Because I honestly just cannot find it.
Even a torrent would be welcome, anything, really - would be welcome.

Thanks ahead,
Ben.

Elderand
2014-06-01, 09:52 AM
So I've been looking around for cool campaign settings, and it seems people really like Eberron.
My question is, then, is there a 3.5 revision for it? Because I honestly just cannot find it.
Even a torrent would be welcome, anything, really - would be welcome.

Thanks ahead,
Ben.

Eberron is for 3.5.

bendking
2014-06-01, 10:00 AM
Eberron is for 3.5.

It... is? I could have sworn...

Kazudo
2014-06-01, 10:01 AM
Yep, the vast majority if not entirety of Eberron is 3.5 stuff.

Forgotten Realms has a pretty decent amount of 3.0, stuff, as do Greyhawk and, natch, Oriental Adventures.

bendking
2014-06-01, 10:04 AM
What do you know, people actually respond to my posts when they aren't boring.
While I do have the audience, I really need some guys to respond to my other post -
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?353302-3-man-balanced-party-amp-original-setting&p=17557725#post17557725

Thanks for the answers guys :)

Afgncaap5
2014-06-01, 02:50 PM
Now, if you want some fun, look around at all the different ideas have for updating Eberron's Artificer class to Pathfinder. You'd think a conversion would be simple, but few can quite agree on how 3.5 works when bumped up a bit.

Gemini476
2014-06-01, 07:26 PM
While Everton is 3.5, do note that there's also a version for 4E. So make sure that you're getting books for the right system before you buy them.

The systems aren't all that compatible, in case you wonder and aren't aware.

137beth
2014-06-02, 01:15 AM
Eberron was originally designed for 3.0, but was converted to 3.5 by the time of its initial publication. This caused some weirdness concerning, for example, lycanthropy and the purge.
As explained on Baker's blog (http://keith-baker.com/dragonmarks-130-dreams-werewolves-and-dm-etiquette/)

Eberron was originally designed for D&D 3E, but by the time it was released D&D was up to 3.5. The changes might seem fairly minor, but they can still have an impact. Notably, in 3E, any lycanthrope can spread the curse; if you’re bitten by a werewolf and turned, you can bite me and turn me. This was the impetus for the Lycanthropic Purge: lycanthropy is a dangerous contagious curse that could easily spread out of control if not contained. But 3.5 changed this so that only natural-born lycanthropes could spread the curse; a true werewolf could bite you and turn you, but you couldn’t pass it to me. This completely changes the exponential threat potential and makes the Purge seem like overkill. Hence we shifted the story to say that back in the time of the Purge, the curse was stronger and all ‘thropes were infectious; the Purge weakened it, so it’s no longer the threat it once was.

Yanisa
2014-06-02, 01:31 AM
While Everton is 3.5, do note that there's also a version for 4E. So make sure that you're getting books for the right system before you buy them.

The systems aren't all that compatible, in case you wonder and aren't aware.

Just check wikipedia for a List of Eberron modules and sourcebooks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eberron_modules_and_sourcebooks). There are only three 4e edition books, but still look out for name confusion. You need the Eberron Campaign Setting and Player's Guide to Eberron book for 3.5, not Eberron Campaign Guide and Eberron Player's Guide.