View Full Version : Player Help Small shuriken + aura of chaos= Infinite damage? [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-06-01, 10:16 AM
Hey guys. So, I was thinking of the best way to capitalize aura of chaos and I though, what does 1 damage every time? Shurikens! (If their small) So If I have a halfling crusader who throws a small shuriken, does it do infinite damage? Rolling one damage, which is the maximum, and then rerolling and so forth.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-06-01, 10:21 AM
Since there is no dice roll involved Aura of Chaos has no effect.

Thealtruistorc
2014-06-01, 10:53 AM
You need one that does 1d2 to have the effect. Fortunately, I know of builds that can do this.

Necroticplague
2014-06-01, 11:37 AM
Hey guys. So, I was thinking of the best way to capitalize aura of chaos and I though, what does 1 damage every time? Shurikens! (If their small) So If I have a halfling crusader who throws a small shuriken, does it do infinite damage? Rolling one damage, which is the maximum, and then rerolling and so forth.

You don't roll to do one damage. You are on the right track, though, a similar idea has been done before, called the d2 crusader. It used a dagger, and a feat that allowed you to count any natural 1s as 2s.

Snowbluff
2014-06-01, 02:43 PM
You don't roll to do one damage. You are on the right track, though, a similar idea has been done before, called the d2 crusader. It used a dagger, and a feat that allowed you to count any natural 1s as 2s.

Imbued Healing: Luck. Heal yourself, and then your 1's are counted as 2's.

Gemini476
2014-06-01, 03:09 PM
Really, though? You don't necessarily need shuriken. A small creature's unarmed strike does 1d2 damage, for instance.
You can punch for infinite damage.

Grab Improved Unarmed Strike for lethal damage, if that's what you fancy.

Also small whips.

There's lots of options, is what I'm saying.

Teapot Salty
2014-06-01, 04:48 PM
The sheer novelty of someone three feet tall walking up to the terresque and punching it once, and therefore causing it to explode in a flash of chaotic energy is awesome.

deuxhero
2014-06-01, 05:59 PM
1d2 Crusader is fairly well known, as is the problem that there is no way to stop (there is no "may" or "can", the rolling again is automatic).

DeltaEmil
2014-06-01, 06:04 PM
1d2 Crusader is fairly well known, as is the problem that there is no way to stop (there is no "may" or "can", the rolling again is automatic).That has been debunked.
You can continue to reroll as long as a die shows its maximum possible result, adding each new number to the damage total until each die has shown less than a maximum result.

skypse
2014-06-02, 05:55 AM
BBEGs laugh at you with DR10/-

eggynack
2014-06-02, 05:58 AM
Not really. This is a single attack dealing infinite damage, rather than infinite attacks which each deal two damage.

Beardbarian
2014-06-02, 06:03 AM

Enjoy your Mountain Hammer