View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Charging Fighter without Forgotten Realms/Oriental Adventures

lonewulf
2014-06-01, 04:00 PM
I need some advice on how to 'build' a Charging Fighter in 3.5e (no Pathfinder) with no level adjustment, no Forgotten Realms or Oriental Adventures and no Dragon Magazine (Dragon Compendium IS allowed though). Obviously i'm not expecting him to be OP by any means but I'd like it to be fun to play. I'm thinking of being mostly Psychic Warrior for lots of fun powers and I much prefer Psionic Lion's Charge over the Barbarian's Pounce (augmenting for more damage helps offset the loss of Valorous enchants and Battle Jump).

So...any helpful ideas? Thanks for any and all advice!

Urpriest
2014-06-01, 04:07 PM
I need some advice on how to 'build' a Charging Fighter in 3.5e (no Pathfinder) with no level adjustment, no Forgotten Realms or Oriental Adventures and no Dragon Magazine (Dragon Compendium IS allowed though). Obviously i'm not expecting him to be OP by any means but I'd like it to be fun to play. I'm thinking of being mostly Psychic Warrior for lots of fun powers and I much prefer Psionic Lion's Charge over the Barbarian's Pounce (augmenting for more damage helps offset the loss of Valorous enchants and Battle Jump).

So...any helpful ideas? Thanks for any and all advice!

Have you checked out a Psychic Warrior Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?162701-3-5-The-Psychic-Warrior-Handbook)?

Generally the basics of being a charger are not so tricky. Get some source of Pounce, get Shock Trooper and Leap Attack, proceed to maul face. Beyond that, most damage increasers are universal, and should be in general guides like the one above.

lonewulf
2014-06-01, 04:32 PM
Nice! Thanks man.

sideswipe
2014-06-01, 07:54 PM
a dip in warblade (i think, if not the another TOB class) so you can get a few manoeuvres. one lets you jump as a swift action (which includes movement) and i believe its also one that increases damage from power attack or jumping and attacking. it also helps leap attack.

Ellowryn
2014-06-01, 09:26 PM
Psy-warriors make decent chargers that while are not the most OP are still fun to play especially if you like having powers to play with. Just remember that they have a very limited PP pool and that the stat needed to raise it is Wis which is generally worthless on meat shields (see barbarians for wis to everything). Also that the point of a charger is to charge before every attack, if you have to just stand there and full attack the BBEG you are losing 1/2 your damage.