View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Eldritch Knight Possible Build Help?

AngelisBlack
2014-06-01, 11:30 PM
I'm currently a Sorcerer 4, leveling up to Level 5. My end goal is to start taking Eldritch Knight:

Str 7
Dex 16
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 18

Bloodline: Draconic
Trait: Magical Knack (Sorcerer)
Skills: Set up for Dervish Dance, and for social encounters
Feats: Cosmopolitan, Weapon Finesse

I've got a few possible paths:
1. take 2 more levels of Sorc before taking a level of fighter and then Eldritch Knight.
2. take the level of Fighter now to gain proficiency in scimitar and take dervish dance now as well, and take 2 more levels of sorc and then Eldritch Knight.
3. Take 2 levels in Magus, allowing scimitar proficiency, and the use of Spell Combat with my Sorcerer spells that are also on the Magus list. Then 2 Levels of Sorc, then take Eldritch Knight

Which of these would be best in the short and long terms? Any help would be appreciated.

grarrrg
2014-06-01, 11:42 PM
1. take 2 more levels of Sorc before taking a level of fighter and then Eldritch Knight.
2. take the level of Fighter now to gain proficiency in scimitar and take dervish dance now as well, and take 2 more levels of sorc and then Eldritch Knight.
3. Take 2 levels in Magus, allowing scimitar proficiency, and the use of Spell Combat with my Sorcerer spells that are also on the Magus list. Then 2 Levels of Sorc, then take Eldritch Knight

Which of these would be best in the short and long terms? Any help would be appreciated.

Long-term, there is no difference between 1 and 2.
Option 3 is...debatable, but ultimately I'd say stick with Fighter. I'm assuming you want Magus 2 for Spellstrike? 2 levels of Magus just further slows your Sorc casting.
I'd say option 2. Take Fighter right away, that gives you more options now, and you're going to take it sooner than later anyway so why not?

Also, Option 4: Take 1 level of Fighter, then 4 levels of Dragon Disciple. This would lose you an extra level of Sorc casting, but grants some extra Bab and HD, as well as a nice +4 to STR, and it's almost better than straight up Sorc. After that, go Eldritch Knight.

AngelisBlack
2014-06-02, 01:30 AM
Long-term, there is no difference between 1 and 2.
Option 3 is...debatable, but ultimately I'd say stick with Fighter. I'm assuming you want Magus 2 for Spellstrike? 2 levels of Magus just further slows your Sorc casting.
I'd say option 2. Take Fighter right away, that gives you more options now, and you're going to take it sooner than later anyway so why not?

Also, Option 4: Take 1 level of Fighter, then 4 levels of Dragon Disciple. This would lose you an extra level of Sorc casting, but grants some extra Bab and HD, as well as a nice +4 to STR, and it's almost better than straight up Sorc. After that, go Eldritch Knight.

Option 3 and Option 4 seem to both take off -3 Caster Levels over the long run. Also, if I am going fighter, which archetypes would you suggest?

Psyren
2014-06-02, 08:09 AM
Lore Warden is best fighter, particularly for a gish build.

For a gish Sorcerer I would personally go with Dragon Disciple instead.

I'd say EK works better with Wizard + either Lore Warden Fighter or Ranger, possibly with some Arcane Archer levels.