PDA

View Full Version : Building an orchestra

Thevoidlingcat
2014-06-01, 11:58 PM
Forum, my love for music has finally toutched my gaming habits. Im rolling a bard, the plan have him bring an orchestra into battle without crowding a dungeon. I need as much help as I can get on this, id thought about multihand, or gohsts, maybe just a special enchanted musical instrument? I must provide my party with the grand music they deserve for their grand spectacls.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Gildedragon
2014-06-02, 12:02 AM
There is "Animate Instrument" "Ghost Pipes" in spells

and of course the Leadership feat

Doc_Maynot
2014-06-02, 12:19 AM
Yes, if you want a group of ravaging musicians, use Leadership and get Factotums with Versatile Performer.
They'll be able to play a bit better than you and they'll abilities won't clash with yours.

malonkey1
2014-06-02, 12:25 AM
Yes, if you want a group of ravaging musicians, use Leadership and get Factotums with Versatile Performer.
They'll be able to play a bit better than you and they'll abilities won't clash with yours.

The issue is that he doesn't want to crowd dungeons. I'd go with animate object on some very small instruments. A Trumpet can't be bigger than Tiny, can it?

Now the question is, would an animated instrument be able to play itself?

Gildedragon
2014-06-02, 12:34 AM
The issue is that he doesn't want to crowd dungeons. I'd go with animate object on some very small instruments. A Trumpet can't be bigger than Tiny, can it?

Now the question is, would an animated instrument be able to play itself?

get Ghost (ghostwalk) template Followers. They are ethereal, and as such ain't too much of a crowd

137beth
2014-06-02, 12:36 AM
get Ghost (ghostwalk) template Followers. They are ethereal, and as such ain't too much of a crowd

You'd still need to figure out how to get ethereal instruments to avoid crowding.