PDA

View Full Version : [EMPIRE!] Voskhozhdeniye Dance, 412

Kitsanth
2014-06-02, 12:44 AM
Voskhozhdeniye Dance
-Winter, 412, Raykhenbakh Palace-
-date in standard reckoning-

This is an event for the Empire! game, taking place in Round 17.
Guests are reminded that any betrothals, trades, etc. agreed at the event can be merged into attendance of this dance as sub-actions, provided that you summarise them in your action post.

The ancient palace at Raykhenbakh predates the Niskovian reformation. Considered by many to be a maze of private parlours, suites, grand public halls, quirky passageways and twisting staircases, numerous guides are available to assist the various dignitaries in not getting lost during their visit. As this would be the first Voskhozhdeniye dance to be held since the massacre of 297, the palace servants had gone all out with the preparations. A number of the finest estates in the nearby capital of Kishinev had been made available for the use of any foreign nobility who deigned to attend this rare event, a number of private suites within the palace itself had been opened for the convenience of any foreign sovereigns.

The dance itself would be taking place in the palace's main hall. This well appointed room features an arcade style ceiling and numerous secluded alcoves.
A buffet had been set up featuring a number of Niskovia's finest delicacies, as well as more vodka than any number of Haljan visitors could possibly drink.
An ensemble of Niskovia's finest musicians would be present to perform traditional Niskan music.

The dance is set to begin at dusk and finish at dawn the next day.
Guests are permitted to carry a single visible weapon.

Lady Halyna Nisakovich, the High Prince's mother
High Prince Vanya Nisakovich
Vanya's partner Tiia Nisakovich
Their daughter, Yelyzaveta
Their twin sons; Yuli and Kyösti
and their partners; Tímea and Isidora
Lady Syuzanna Nisakovich, Vanya's sister
and her partner, Lord Jonatan of Almstedt
Lady Raina Nisakovich, Vanya's sister-in-law
and her daughter, Anastazija Nisakovich (who is currently seeking a husband)
Lady Veronika Korošec
Branimir Korošec

see relevant family tree here (http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=w8pfjp4tu3&f=334029232237843472#view:START)

Rain Dragon
2014-06-02, 08:31 AM
Though there was more vodka than all the Haljans could possibly drink, Haljans flooded the main hall as soon as there was vodka and immediately commenced the consumption of said vodka. To make alcohol matters worse, they had brought plenty of lothra dragk absinthe with them. Though most of the Haljans were the larger females and carried simple swords and daggers, there were a few male Haljans there with their ornate scythes. Some of the smaller Griunha Haljans had decided to attend as well, the males quite easily the shortest of those currently present. Even some of the Visyknin had emerged, though Ainiveous Elysius the Orthyknin wished they hadn't. Indeed, he wondered why he'd attended at all as he lurked in the shadows, tentatively peeking out at the incredibly bright light and noises around him.

Ah yes. I am Prince of the Peace, son of Keshmeo Elysius, daughter of Shadou Elysius. I represent the Visyknin and Orthyknin of Fera, not that it'll do any good here.

Though Haljans usually do not feel emotions in the same sense humans do, Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser lifted his royal darksteel scythe high and searched excitedly for his friend Vany. He really wanted to introduce him to a Masked One he'd recently befriended. The Masked Ones had a strange naming system, and this one liked to call themself 'Elyx' for now. Or at least, that's what they said. Elyx's colourings were absinthe-green, silver-white hair and light silver-green skin and they seemed quite... nice.

I wonder if there is any raw meat at this party. There should be, after all, the Niskans have been good friends of the Haljans for many years now.

EDIT - Sleepy typos

Morph Bark
2014-06-02, 09:09 AM
"Nephew, you can't go out in that outfit! Not here!" Lord Wyrmar had to forcibly lay his hands on Crown Prince Tailong, who almost wandered out of his room wearing little more than a loincloth and paint on his face and chest, apparently having mistaken this part of the world for a more southern and hot climate. Tailong took a good look at himself, then at his companion. "Okay, first off, you're not really my uncle, you'd be my cousin twice removed if you were your own son--which would be weird, so don't do that!--and secondly, all my other clothes are too restricting!"

Bai Liu sighed at his relative's complaints. "That's because we're in a sophisticated country of civilized peoples and we're going to act like that too. You don't have to wear your armor as well. In fact, it's better if you don't. You have a fine tunic and dress pants of painted blue flax and thread of silver and gold in embroidery on the edges and bearing a stylized eagle to honour the Imperial forefathers. Now put it on so we can depart." The man himself wore clothes in similar style, but in whites and reds with a broad rust-coloured scarf draped around his neck and a white fez atop his head. For the occasion he had had his facial hair styled by a local barber, something which Tailong had neglected to do beyond a casual shave that had still been nearly a week ago. It'd have to do.

After Tailong had dressed--luckily not as much of a struggle as Bai Liu had feared it might be--they walked out and made there way to the location of the dance, joined by a pair of servants. One of them had a small silver gong with her that she would announce them with and Tailong and Bai Liu both carried fine swords at their sides with decorative sheaths. "I wonder if their ladies of the court know of the shandian wu," Tailong mentioned in wondering whisper just as they entered, earning him a stern gaze. "You're not going to recreate Hilou Suu Fan's the Storm of the Dying Lights. Not here."

Kitsanth
2014-06-02, 10:53 AM
Though there was more vodka than all the Haljans could possibly drink, Haljans flooded the main hall as soon as there was vodka and immediately commenced the consumption of said vodka. To make alcohol matters worse, they had brought plenty of lothra dragk absinthe with them. Though most of the Haljans were the larger females and carried simple swords and daggers, there were a few male Haljans there with their ornate scythes. Some of the smaller Griunha Haljans had decided to attend as well, the males quite easily the shortest of those currently present. Even some of the Visyknin had emerged, though Ainiveous Elysius the Orthyknin wished they hadn't. Indeed, he wondered why he'd attended at all as he lurked in the shadows, tentatively peeking out at the incredibly bright light and noises around him.

Ah yes. I am Prince of the Peace, son of Keshmeo Elysius, daughter of Shadou Elysius. I represent the Visyknin and Orthyknin of Fera, not that it'll do any good here.

Though Haljans usually do not feel emotions in the same sense humans do, Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser lifted his royal darksteel scythe high and searched excitedly for his friend Vany. He really wanted to introduce him to a Masked One he'd recently befriended. The Masked Ones had a strange naming system, and this one liked to call themself 'Elyx' for now. Or at least, that's what they said. Elyx's colourings were absinthe-green, silver-white hair and light silver-green skin and they seemed quite... nice.

I wonder if there is any raw meat at this party. There should be, after all, the Niskans have been good friends of the Haljans for many years now.

Vanya was wearing what had come to be his usual attire at an international event - a black gown with over-robe and his hair braided with jewels. He had recently been attempting to popularise this new hair fashion amongst the Niskan nobility but it had yet to catch on. Most of Vanya's family was present tonight, all easily noticeable with their distinctive flame-red hair, as well as their over-robes were in the distinctive Nisakovich house colours of purple and deep blue.

High Prince Vanya Nisakovich sought out his friend the Kaiser once the Haljan contingent arrived. He had been most pleased when Thui informed him that he was able to attend this rare Niskan celebration. Noticing his friend looking around with one of the Masked Ones that Thui had told him about, Vanya made his way over to greet them.

"Nephew, you can't go out in that outfit! Not here!" Lord Wyrmar had to forcibly lay his hands on Crown Prince Tailong, who almost wandered out of his room wearing little more than a loincloth and paint on his face and chest, apparently having mistaken this part of the world for a more southern and hot climate. Tailong took a good look at himself, then at his companion. "Okay, first off, you're not really my uncle, you'd be my cousin twice removed if you were your own son--which would be weird, so don't do that!--and secondly, all my other clothes are too restricting!"

Bai Liu sighed at his relative's complaints. "That's because we're in a sophisticated country of civilized peoples and we're going to act like that too. You don't have to wear your armor as well. In fact, it's better if you don't. You have a fine tunic and dress pants of painted blue flax and thread of silver and gold in embroidery on the edges and bearing a stylized eagle to honour the Imperial forefathers. Now put it on so we can depart." The man himself wore clothes in similar style, but in whites and reds with a broad rust-coloured scarf draped around his neck and a white fez atop his head. For the occasion he had had his facial hair styled by a local barber, something which Tailong had neglected to do beyond a casual shave that had still been nearly a week ago. It'd have to do.

After Tailong had dressed--luckily not as much of a struggle as Bai Liu had feared it might be--they walked out and made there way to the location of the dance, joined by a pair of servants. One of them had a small silver gong with her that she would announce them with and Tailong and Bai Liu both carried fine swords at their sides with decorative sheaths. "I wonder if their ladies of the court know of the shandian wu," Tailong mentioned in wondering whisper just as they entered, earning him a stern gaze. "You're not going to recreate Hilou Suu Fan's the Storm of the Dying Lights. Not here."

Lady Halyna Nisakovich, the widow of the late Valerian Nisakovich, had been enjoying the festivities when she noticed the impending entrance of several exotically attired individuals.
Halyna pondered whether or not to introduce herself to them as she watched them arrive.

Rain Dragon
2014-06-02, 11:31 AM
Vanya was wearing what had come to be his usual attire at an international event - a black gown with over-robe and his hair braided with jewels. He had recently been attempting to popularise this new hair fashion amongst the Niskan nobility but it had yet to catch on. Most of Vanya's family was present tonight, all easily noticeable with their distinctive flame-red hair, as well as their over-robes were in the distinctive Nisakovich house colours of purple and deep blue.

High Prince Vanya Nisakovich sought out his friend the Kaiser once the Haljan contingent arrived. He had been most pleased when Thui informed him that he was able to attend this rare Niskan celebration. Noticing his friend looking around with one of the Masked Ones that Thui had told him about, Vanya made his way over to greet them.
The Kaiser spots Vany, or at least one of the Nisakoviches and leads Elyx toward him after quickly swiping a snack from a nearby table. The dark steel of his royal scythe was very well polished and the vertebrae-like decoration looked incredibly clean as well. Aipiskaupus clicked his pincers a couple of times to catch the attention of Vany. Though Elyx stood a full three and a half skaurpjo-hondus taller than the surrounding Niskans it didn't seem like it as Elyx stayed a respectful distance and tried not to look down upon the royalty present. The absinthe-green tips of Elyx's ears perked up slightly as the Niskan with jewels braided into his hair became visible.

They look like Zjörnuos.

EDIT - OOC - ((Note even though the speech is teal, absinthe-green is a very, very bright green. Bright green is obnoxious to read on a white background though.))

QuintonBeck
2014-06-02, 12:04 PM
Dyamusan entered the Niskovian Palace quietly, accompanied only by Ser Kalvin Belith, the Dusk Knight who had been assigned his guard/watcher after he had been granted permission by his niece to travel west. He looked around fervently at the entrance, hoping to see any Bordeusi representatives.

"My Lord, we mustn't block the entrance," Ser Belith reminded Dyamusan prodding him onward.

"I shan't have you poking me and prodding me around all night like some damn boar!" he hissed to the Nyrothian, but moved forward nonetheless.

"Apologies my lord," the Dusk Knight said, but his voice made it clear he wasn't planning on heeding Dyamusan's wishes.

Everyone in the Triumvirate knew the rising Empress' uncle had a daughter off in Bordeux and that he obsessed over seeing his daughter, something that had been forbidden in an agreement the retiring Empress Syana had made in order to secure Dyamusan's safe return. Ser Belith knew even further how deeply the passion ran within his lord having talked with Dyamusan for the journey out to the Steppe which was made all the more jarring when they passed through the far western Bordeusi holdings.

Officially Ser Belith, being Warden of the Dusk Knights and official representative of the faefolk of Nyroth was there to meet with the Niskans and see what if any commonalities the western faebloods held with those of Nyroth, and perhaps see to arrangements of closer cooperation if they were found to share ancestry. Unofficially he was there to babysit Dyamusan and keep the wayward lord from causing an incident.

"Perhaps we ought to introduce ourselves to the host?" Ser Belith offered to Dyamusan who was again scanning the crowd.

"Yes, yes of course we'll speak to the damn host," Dyamusan snapped back, "Which one of these fae folk is he?"

"I believe he is that gentleman over there," Ser Bellith said, indicating a dark robed Niskan with braided red hair who was approaching a delegation of what could only be Ferans based on their distinctive appearance.

"Then let's go talk to the man and get that over with," Dyamusan said and began to approach the Niskan High Prince as Ser Belith matched his pace a step behind.

BladeofObliviom
2014-06-02, 12:31 PM
A new delegation arrives just slightly before dusk, late but not quite distastefully so. It's a small one; moving many so far is a difficult task, and might have been impossible were it not for times of relative peace, as well as their recent acquisition of hovercraft to cover ground more quickly. In any case, the group is composed of four Frosten, one Tieflin, a Werewolf, and two Catfolk. All but one are guards and servants, but those one is fairly important indeed: Princess Ancir, now beginning to show signs of aging.

They dismount the hovercraft some distance from the entryway, and approach on foot. The herald, one of the other Frosten, announces her presence, and the usual formalities are dealt with offscreen because ew. She'll start mingling, I guess.

Lord_Burch
2014-06-03, 12:27 AM
Orion approached the Niskovian palace cautiously, though there was no real reason for it. It was merely a formality; among the Sindar [that is, Valterrans], it was considered poor form to approach a potential rival without suspicion. Besides, his guards were among the finest Bordeux had to offer; six royal guardsmen clad in stylized Mithril plate, sixteen Sindar footmen, and two giants, both carrying simple iron hammers. One carried a massive longbow- taller than a man- and arrows that could pierce a horse through. Even for a Sindar, this seemed a bit of overkill- though, of course, the Lord of Bordeux's granddaughter, Miranda, accompanied the procession; perhaps a bit of overkill was necessary.

As he entered the hall, joined by his daughter and two of the royal guards- though the other four arranged themselves in a loose formation around the royals. He kept a disdainful expression on his face- really, he had never gotten used to politeness his wife seemed to exude around these others. Spotting one of the ones he believed to be of this nation- a man with quite distinctive red hair that wouldn't be amiss in Bordeux- he quickened his step to speak with him, either to discern if this was indeed the High Prince, as his intelligence suggested, or if he could ask the man where he could be found.

Tapping the man on the shoulder, he speaks, Greetings... High Prince Vanya, is it? You match the descriptions I received. But I digress. You do not know me, but I am Orion Bordeux, of the Sindar to the south. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and to thank you for hosting this. And this is my adopted daughter, Miranda. Glancing at her, he notices her attention is focused on the Ferans- who, admittedly, do draw the eye. Snapping his fingers with an exasperated sigh, Miranda, do pay attention, please.

Blinking, Yes, sorry. The Ferans they do... Draw the eye. She curtsies to Vanya. Miranda Bordeux, sir. A pleasure.

Kitsanth
2014-06-03, 02:23 AM
The Kaiser spots Vany, or at least one of the Nisakoviches and leads Elyx toward him after quickly swiping a snack from a nearby table. The dark steel of his royal scythe was very well polished and the vertebrae-like decoration looked incredibly clean as well. Aipiskaupus clicked his pincers a couple of times to catch the attention of Vany. Though Elyx stood a full three and a half skaurpjo-hondus taller than the surrounding Niskans it didn't seem like it as Elyx stayed a respectful distance and tried not to look down upon the royalty present. The absinthe-green tips of Elyx's ears perked up slightly as the Niskan with jewels braided into his hair became visible.

They look like Zjörnuos.

EDIT - OOC - ((Note even though the speech is teal, absinthe-green is a very, very bright green. Bright green is obnoxious to read on a white background though.))

High Prince Vanya Nisakovich looked curiously at the Kaiser's companion. He had yet to meet any of the Masked Ones and was looking forward to making the acquaintance of another of Thui's friends.

"Thui! It is so great that you could be here for this. You must be sure to introduce me to your companion." Vanya greeted his friend the Kaiser.

Dyamusan entered the Niskovian Palace quietly, accompanied only by Ser Kalvin Belith, the Dusk Knight who had been assigned his guard/watcher after he had been granted permission by his niece to travel west. He looked around fervently at the entrance, hoping to see any Bordeusi representatives.

"My Lord, we mustn't block the entrance," Ser Belith reminded Dyamusan prodding him onward.

"I shan't have you poking me and prodding me around all night like some damn boar!" he hissed to the Nyrothian, but moved forward nonetheless.

"Apologies my lord," the Dusk Knight said, but his voice made it clear he wasn't planning on heeding Dyamusan's wishes.

Everyone in the Triumvirate knew the rising Empress' uncle had a daughter off in Bordeux and that he obsessed over seeing his daughter, something that had been forbidden in an agreement the retiring Empress Syana had made in order to secure Dyamusan's safe return. Ser Belith knew even further how deeply the passion ran within his lord having talked with Dyamusan for the journey out to the Steppe which was made all the more jarring when they passed through the far western Bordeusi holdings.

Officially Ser Belith, being Warden of the Dusk Knights and official representative of the faefolk of Nyroth was there to meet with the Niskans and see what if any commonalities the western faebloods held with those of Nyroth, and perhaps see to arrangements of closer cooperation if they were found to share ancestry. Unofficially he was there to babysit Dyamusan and keep the wayward lord from causing an incident.

"Perhaps we ought to introduce ourselves to the host?" Ser Belith offered to Dyamusan who was again scanning the crowd.

"Yes, yes of course we'll speak to the damn host," Dyamusan snapped back, "Which one of these fae folk is he?"

"I believe he is that gentleman over there," Ser Bellith said, indicating a dark robed Niskan with braided red hair who was approaching a delegation of what could only be Ferans based on their distinctive appearance.

"Then let's go talk to the man and get that over with," Dyamusan said and began to approach the Niskan High Prince as Ser Belith matched his pace a step behind.

Caught up as he was in conversing with his old friend, Vanya was unaware of the impending approach of the delegation from the Ignato Empire.

A new delegation arrives just slightly before dusk, late but not quite distastefully so. It's a small one; moving many so far is a difficult task, and might have been impossible were it not for times of relative peace, as well as their recent acquisition of hovercraft to cover ground more quickly. In any case, the group is composed of four Frosten, one Tieflin, a Werewolf, and two Catfolk. All but one are guards and servants, but those one is fairly important indeed: Princess Ancir, now beginning to show signs of aging.

They dismount the hovercraft some distance from the entryway, and approach on foot. The herald, one of the other Frosten, announces her presence, and the usual formalities are dealt with offscreen because ew. She'll start mingling, I guess.

Lady Syuzanna Nisakovich had been dancing with her partner, Lord Jonatan of Almstedt, when she noticed the arrival of several unusual individuals. Though considering she had know the Haljans for many years, she wasn't actually very surprised by these foreigners appearances.

"Natan, darling," she said to her partner, "We should go make those visitors feel welcome."

Orion approached the Niskovian palace cautiously, though there was no real reason for it. It was merely a formality; among the Sindar [that is, Valterrans], it was considered poor form to approach a potential rival without suspicion. Besides, his guards were among the finest Bordeux had to offer; six royal guardsmen clad in stylized Mithril plate, sixteen Sindar footmen, and two giants, both carrying simple iron hammers. One carried a massive longbow- taller than a man- and arrows that could pierce a horse through. Even for a Sindar, this seemed a bit of overkill- though, of course, the Lord of Bordeux's granddaughter, Miranda, accompanied the procession; perhaps a bit of overkill was necessary.

As he entered the hall, joined by his daughter and two of the royal guards- though the other four arranged themselves in a loose formation around the royals. He kept a disdainful expression on his face- really, he had never gotten used to politeness his wife seemed to exude around these others. Spotting one of the ones he believed to be of this nation- a man with quite distinctive red hair that wouldn't be amiss in Bordeux- he quickened his step to speak with him, either to discern if this was indeed the High Prince, as his intelligence suggested, or if he could ask the man where he could be found.

Tapping the man on the shoulder, he speaks, Greetings... High Prince Vanya, is it? You match the descriptions I received. But I digress. You do not know me, but I am Orion Bordeux, of the Sindar to the south. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and to thank you for hosting this. And this is my adopted daughter, Miranda. Glancing at her, he notices her attention is focused on the Ferans- who, admittedly, do draw the eye. Snapping his fingers with an exasperated sigh, Miranda, do pay attention, please.

Blinking, Yes, sorry. The Ferans they do... Draw the eye. She curtsies to Vanya. Miranda Bordeux, sir. A pleasure.

Branimir Korošec had been chatting with a pair of Haljans and was about to challenge them to a drinking competition when he was approached by some Bordeusi delegates.

"I am afraid that you have mistaken me for my distant cousin," he said apologetically, "I've often been told that we look strangely alike."

Branimir was well aware of exactly why he looked so much like the High Prince, but that was not exactly a topic for idle conversation.

"Nevertheless, I am glad to make your acquaintance. I am Branimir Korošec of House Korošec and I would be glad to assist you with tracking down the High Prince."

It was obvious why such help might be needed. By this point the hall was practically filled to bursting with Niskan nobility, Feran visitors and other foreign delegates.

Rain Dragon
2014-06-03, 04:14 AM
High Prince Vanya Nisakovich looked curiously at the Kaiser's companion. He had yet to meet any of the Masked Ones and was looking forward to making the acquaintance of another of Thui's friends.

"Thui! It is so great that you could be here for this. You must be sure to introduce me to your companion." Vanya greeted his friend the Kaiser.

Caught up as he was in conversing with his old friend, Vanya was unaware of the impending approach of the delegation from the Ignato Empire.
In lightly accented Niskan Aipiskaupus responded, "Busy though I am, I would not wish to miss this, Vany! Yes, this is Elyx. One of those who call themselves the Masked Ones." Shyly, Elyx raised a hand and lightly moved some fingers in a wave.

"It would seem there are some hrafus who aim to speak with you." Aipiskaupus notes in Niskan as those from the Ignato Empire walked purposefully toward them. The tips of Elyx's ears drooped slightly at the sight of them.

QuintonBeck
2014-06-03, 09:38 AM
Dyamus and Ser Belith arrived just as the Feran said something in the northwestern tongue that caused the Niskan Prince to turn and see them for the first time.

"Greeting High Prince," Dyamusan inclined his head, "The Empress and all the Triumvirate thank you for your invitation to this dance, it has been too many years that the central nations have been without contact with those beyond the claims of the UN, the child st-"

"And I am Ser Kalvin Belith of the Nyrothian Dusk Knights," Ser Belith interrupted to prevent further discord, "I have long heard of the majesty of Niskovian architecture, but seeing it truly is a marvel. Tell me High Prince, too much of our information is outdated or just plain wrong, how long have the Niskans called the Steppe their home?"

Lord_Burch
2014-06-03, 10:32 AM
Ah, many apologies, then Branimir. I would be glad to take up your offer, then. As they walk, a low whistle can be heard, coming from in front of them and slightly to the left. It is answered by three others, and the guards accompanying them discretely loosening their swords in their scabbards.

Tell me, if you do not mind, good Branimir- what position do you occupy among the hierarchy here? I would expect something high up, bearing your resemblance to the High Prince.

---

Meanwhile, Miranda is mostly ignoring her father's conversation. At the whistle, she tilts her head, wondering what could prompt her guards to do so. It wasn't a sign for danger, merely an alert. She can't see anyone who looks like they would set off her guards, but she does hear something, a voice. She can't place it, but it sounds similar to something she remembers from a long time ago- something half remembered from the crib.

(OOC: I just noticed the autocorrect on that.)

Rain Dragon
2014-06-03, 12:32 PM
Dyamus and Ser Belith arrived just as the Feran said something in the northwestern tongue that caused the Niskan Prince to turn and see them for the first time.

"Greeting High Prince," Dyamusan inclined his head, "The Empress and all the Triumvirate thank you for your invitation to this dance, it has been too many years that the central nations have been without contact with those beyond the claims of the UN, the child st-"

"And I am Ser Kalvin Belith of the Nyrothian Dusk Knights," Ser Belith interrupted to prevent further discord, "I have long heard of the majesty of Niskovian architecture, but seeing it truly is a marvel. Tell me High Prince, too much of our information is outdated or just plain wrong, how long have the Niskans called the Steppe their home?"

The Kaiser wonders at the strangeness of these humans from the east. Indeed, according to the Visyknin Spaiha, the Triumvirate is a union of three great nations in the centre of Suorćnu-Thuirda. These representatives of the Triumvirate must be quite important on a global scale. Indeed, there were even rumours of the guild city-state Hrathan and Tuor being home to the finest assassins in all of Airtha.

Nonetheless, such status did not give the human an excuse to greet the High Prince so casually and ignore himself, let alone neglect to introduce himself though he deemed his companion's introduction important enough. Aipiskaupus decided simply that despite all the intelligence to suggest otherwise, those of Suorćnu-Thuirda were a little less cultured than he was used to.

Elyx looked quizzically at the humans who seemed reasonably harmless for now, but still tried to stay out of it all.

((OOC note - I didn't say anything. Heh. Kitsanth. Tag!))

As they walk, a low whistle can be heard, coming from in front of them and slightly to the left. It is answered by three others, and the guards accompanying them discretely loosening their swords in their scabbards.

Tell me, if you do not mind, good Branimir- what position do you occupy among the hierarchy here? I would expect something high up, bearing your resemblance to the High Prince.

A Griuhna Haljan with a very ornate scythe perked his ears curiously at the sound of the whistle. Three others followed shortly after then... Nothing. Straining his ears while nonchalantly pouring himself a mug of vodka he heard the question addressed to Branimir and stiffened.

Well, that's... Understandable I suppose.

Subtly, the Gruihna Haljan wandered toward a group of females nearby and quickly whispered something in Haljan. The group tried their best to conceal the fact they were now watching Branimir and the stranger(s), but only the one with the scythe managed to do so with any degree of success.

((OOC note - I'm not going to interrupt the conversation at all, just providing a little background reaction. I hope you don't mind. Feel free to completely disregard it as though it never happened if you wish.))

EDIT - Weird wording.

Kitsanth
2014-06-03, 08:30 PM

Distracted from his conversation with the Kaiser by the presumptuous approach of some foreign delegates, Vanya turned to hear their greeting. Despite the nagging feeling that his nation had almost been insulted in some way, High Prince Vanya Nisakovich proceeded to follow the dictates of Niskan hospitality.

"You have honoured my House with your attendance Lord," Vanya said politely, "The keeper of palace stores has a small selection of fine gemstones and a bolt of finely woven yak cloth that is to be a gift to your Empress, the palace servants have been instructed to deliver these tokens of my hospitality to your entourage before you leave. And before I forget my manners, may I introduce you to Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser, the sovereign of Fera, and Elyx."

With the most important formalities out of the way, Vanya turned to greet Dyamusan's companion.

"It would be my honour to provide you with answers to any questions you might ask, Ser Belith. This palace, like most of our mountain citadels, was constructed by the ancestors of my people. Well, at least according to the oral historians, we have few ways to be certain." Vanya admitted wryly, "As for how long my people have called this land home... It is hard to say. Most Niskan scholars tend to agree that we have lived here for eleven generations, which would be approximately two and a half centuries in standard reckoning."

Vanya often found it hard to believe that there were no Niskan legends about contact with Easterners until much more recently.

"Our legends say that this is the land that birthed us. Though I must ask, is there a particular reason behind your curiosity?" Vanya inquired of Ser Belith.

Ah, many apologies, then Branimir. I would be glad to take up your offer, then. As they walk, a low whistle can be heard, coming from in front of them and slightly to the left. It is answered by three others, and the guards accompanying them discretely loosening their swords in their scabbards.

---

Meanwhile, Miranda is mostly ignoring her father's conversation. At the whistle, she tilts her head, wondering what could prompt her guards to do so. It wasn't a sign for danger, merely an alert. She can't see anyone who looks like they would set off her guards, but she does hear something, a voice. She can't place it, but it sounds similar to something she remembers from a long time ago- something half remembered from the crib.

(OOC: I just noticed the autocorrect on that.)

Though curious as to the reason for the Bordeusi guard's actions, Branimir continued the conversation without pause.

"There is no need for apologies, as I said it happens often. Even Prince Zinael of Ashenia cannot tell us apart." Branimir says humorously.

"I have been a captain in the Niskovian Home Guard for over a decade, recently I became one of the High Prince's military advisors. Of course, I accompany my cousin to many official events," Branimir smirked a little, "I'm sure you could guess at the convenience of having a guard that so resembles such an important individual."

Even during his conversation with Orion, Branimir had been searching the hall. Despite Vanya's height - for a Niskan anyway - there were many guests who towered over him, which was making it hard to pinpoint the High Prince.

Branimir sighed a little, "The High Prince is sure to be talking with the Kaiser, first thing he does is go off to see how his friend is doing. Trouble is there are so many Haljans here tonight. Tell me, have you ever encountered a Haljan before?"

Hearing a voice that sounded like the High Prince, Branimir subtly steered his companions towards it.

edit: miswording

Lord_Burch
2014-06-03, 09:23 PM
A body double is certainly useful, especially one that even has the same facial structure. The effect can be replicated with certain dyes, though not as well, as one of my former enemies can attest. Or could, at any rate; his body now lies beneath the Forsaken Plain.

At his question, Orion tilts his head back in thought. Not much, no. I saw some at a distance at the Centennial, but I know little about them as a people. Infiltrating Halja is difficult with ordinary means.

As he is speaking one of the royal guards, Mark, comes up and whispers something in his ear. At his words, Orion's back straightens, and his face bears a suddenly angry cast.

Excuse me, Branimir. I must speak to one of my men. He whispers to a second guards, who talks Miranda by the shoulders and gently tries to move her away.

QuintonBeck
2014-06-03, 10:48 PM
Distracted from his conversation with the Kaiser by the presumptuous approach of some foreign delegates, Vanya turned to hear their greeting. Despite the nagging feeling that his nation had almost been insulted in some way, High Prince Vanya Nisakovich proceeded to follow the dictates of Niskan hospitality.

"You have honoured my House with your attendance Lord," Vanya said politely, "The keeper of palace stores has a small selection of fine gemstones and a bolt of finely woven yak cloth that is to be a gift to your Empress, the palace servants have been instructed to deliver these tokens of my hospitality to your entourage before you leave. And before I forget my manners, may I introduce you to Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser, the sovereign of Fera, and Elyx."

With the most important formalities out of the way, Vanya turned to greet Dyamusan's companion.

"It would be my honour to provide you with answers to any questions you might ask, Ser Belith. This palace, like most of our mountain citadels, was constructed by the ancestors of my people. Well, at least according to the oral historians, we have few ways to be certain." Vanya admitted wryly, "As for how long my people have called this land home... It is hard to say. Most Niskan scholars tend to agree that we have lived here for eleven generations, which would be approximately two and a half centuries in standard reckoning."

Vanya often found it hard to believe that there were no Niskan legends about contact with Easterners until much more recently.

"Our legends say that this is the land that birthed us. Though I must ask, is there a particular reason behind your curiosity?" Vanya inquired of Ser Belith.

A body double is certainly useful, especially one that even has the same facial structure. The effect can be replicated with certain dyes, though not as well, as one of my former enemies can attest. Or could, at any rate; his body now lies beneath the Forsaken Plain.

At his question, Orion tilts his head back in thought. Not much, no. I saw some at a distance at the Centennial, but I know little about them as a people. Infiltrating Halja is difficult with ordinary means.

As he is speaking one of the royal guards, Mark, comes up and whispers something in his ear. At his words, Orion's back straightens, and his face bears a suddenly angry cast.

Excuse me, Branimir. I must speak to one of my men. He whispers to a second guards, who talks Miranda by the shoulders and gently tries to move her away.

"My niece shall certainly be pleased by that," Dyamusan said to the High Prince, "An honor to meet you both of course," he added, nodding at the Ferans.

He quickly looked away from the High Prince and Kaiser, looking out amongst the crowd again, paying no mind to his closer surroundings.

Kalvin swallowed uncomfortably and stepped in to fill the awkward gap left by Dyamusan,

"There is indeed reason behind it, you see I am from Nyroth within the Triumvirate, another location with similar faefolk to yourselves the Niskans. And though ancient history and historical connections are only a hobby of mine not a profession as it is with the scholars of the Enclave, I am versed enough to know of the theory of Faedas. It's a speculation that the faefolk once ruled a great kingdom that spanned the north central continent and had holdings on the shores of the eastern and western continents as well. News of the Niskovian Steppe has set alight the theorists and anthropologists of the Enclave and knowing of my connections they enlisted me to speak with you about the possibility of sending scholars-"

Just then Ser Belith was interrupted as the man he was accompanying let out a bellow.

MIRANDA!

Ser Belith's head jerked towards Dyamusan who was pushing past delegates and through the crowd towards the Bordeusi delegation that had been approaching. The pale white skin of the Dusk Knight turned grey as he watched his lord make his way towards the Bordeusi. He had hoped against all hope they weren't attending, but they had and they'd brought the worst person to be in the same room as Dyamusan.

Dyamusan felt rapid fire emotion as he approached his daughter: happiness, grief, anger, relief. He could barely contain his mind. So tunneled was his vision on the young woman that he didn't even notice her accompaniment or the Niskan who was guiding them. He approached the girl quickly, a sincere but pained smile on his face, waiting for her reaction.

Lord_Burch
2014-06-03, 11:32 PM
Miranda half-turns at the sound of Dyamusen's voice, all the bitterness and anger of her childhood rising up again.

Nineteen years. Nineteen years, and never a word. Was even the simplest of letters too much for you, Father? Her voice is hard and bitter, tempered by an edge of despair. You drove her crazy. My mother. She always said you would come back one day. You never did. Her knuckles were white on her dagger, emblazoned with a rearing elk. The one item she had from her old family. The ones who abandoned her to the street after her mother had died, serene in her belief in Dyamusen. She had begged at the castle in Arissyeux once. The guards kicked her away, but Alice had taken her in. Alice hadn't known who her father was, not then, but she had adopted her, even after knowing who her parents were.

Kitsanth
2014-06-04, 12:13 AM

A Griuhna Haljan with a very ornate scythe perked his ears curiously at the sound of the whistle. Three others followed shortly after then... Nothing. Straining his ears while nonchalantly pouring himself a mug of vodka he heard the question addressed to Branimir and stiffened.

Well, that's... Understandable I suppose.

Subtly, the Griuhna Haljan wandered toward a group of females nearby and quickly whispered something in Haljan. The group tried their best to conceal the fact they were now watching Branimir and the stranger(s), but only the one with the scythe managed to do so with any degree of success.

((OOC note - I'm not going to interrupt the conversation at all, just providing a little background reaction. I hope you don't mind. Feel free to completely disregard it as though it never happened if you wish.))

EDIT - Weird wording.

Puzzled by the actions of the Bordeusi, Branimir decided to excuse himself.

"I shall leave you to deal with what seem to be pressing matters."

Noticing some nearby Griuhna Haljans, Branimir decided to see if they were interested in a drinking contest... and possibly some spectating of what the Bordeusi were up to.

"Ladies and Lord! How about we toast to the renewal of the cycle?" Branimir proposed, "And then a drinking contest perhaps?"

"My niece shall certainly be pleased by that," Dyamusan said to the High Prince, "An honor to meet you both of course," he added, nodding at the Ferans.

He quickly looked away from the High Prince and Kaiser, looking out amongst the crowd again, paying no mind to his closer surroundings.

Kalvin swallowed uncomfortably and stepped in to fill the awkward gap left by Dyamusan,

"There is indeed reason behind it, you see I am from Nyroth within the Triumvirate, another location with similar faefolk to yourselves the Niskans. And though ancient history and historical connections are only a hobby of mine not a profession as it is with the scholars of the Enclave, I am versed enough to know of the theory of Faedas. It's a speculation that the faefolk once ruled a great kingdom that spanned the north central continent and had holdings on the shores of the eastern and western continents as well. News of the Niskovian Steppe has set alight the theorists and anthropologists of the Enclave and knowing of my connections they enlisted me to speak with you about the possibility of sending scholars-"

Just then Ser Belith was interrupted as the man he was accompanying let out a bellow.

MIRANDA!

Ser Belith's head jerked towards Dyamusan who was pushing past delegates and through the crowd towards the Bordeusi delegation that had been approaching. The pale white skin of the Dusk Knight turned grey as he watched his lord make his way towards the Bordeusi. He had hoped against all hope they weren't attending, but they had and they'd brought the worst person to be in the same room as Dyamusan.

Dyamusan felt rapid fire emotion as he approached his daughter: happiness, grief, anger, relief. He could barely contain his mind. So tunneled was his vision on the young woman that he didn't even notice her accompaniment or the Niskan who was guiding them. He approached the girl quickly, a sincere but pained smile on his face, waiting for her reaction.

Though he was somewhat disconcerted by the obvious distraction of the Ignato Lord, Vanya was impressed by Ser Belith's attempt to cover for him. He listened with interest to Kalvin's elaboration and was slightly dismayed when the Dusk Knight got cut off by the strange actions of the Ignato Lord. It seemed that there were some undercurrents to this encounter that Vanya was unaware of. He exchanged slightly perplexed expressions with the Kaiser.

Miranda half-turns at the sound of Dyamusen's voice, all the bitterness and anger of her childhood rising up again.

Nineteen years. Nineteen years, and never a word. Was even the simplest of letters too much for you, Father? Her voice is hard and bitter, tempered by an edge of despair. You drove her crazy. My mother. She always said you would come back one day. You never did. Her knuckles were white on her dagger, emblazoned with a rearing elk. The one item she had from her old family. The ones who abandoned her to the street after her mother had died, serene in her belief in Dyamusen. She had begged at the castle in Arissyeux once. The guards kicked her away, but Alice had taken her in. Alice hadn't known who her father was, not then, but she had adopted her, even after knowing who her parents were.

The crowd, a mixture of Niskans and Ferans, watched the unfolding drama, some with interest and some perplexed by these strange Easterners and their odd ignorance of custom.

Rain Dragon
2014-06-04, 01:08 AM

MIRANDA!

Though he was somewhat disconcerted by the obvious distraction of the Ignato Lord, Vanya was impressed by Ser Belith's attempt to cover for him. He listened with interest to Kalvin's elaboration and was slightly dismayed when the Dusk Knight got cut off by the strange actions of the Ignato Lord. It seemed that there were some undercurrents to this encounter that Vanya was unaware of. He exchanged slightly perplexed expressions with the Kaiser.
Thankful that Vany's manners were as excellent as usual and that the foreign Lord had acknowledged his existence, Apiskaupus bared his teeth at the Ignato delegation in some twisted imitation of a human smile.

"May your roads never end. I would be interested to hear more of the Triumvirate later perhaps, as I am as interested in your lands as you appear to be in the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia."

As Haljans do not place importance on eye contact, Apiskaupus did not find it strange that the as yet unintroduced foreign lord would look away and was about to add to the conversation when he noticed he would be filling a silence. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Vany did not seem entirely comfortable with the other humans' behaviour. The one called Kalvin abruptly started talking, filling the silence with interesting things which chased thoughts of something perhaps being amiss entirely from the Kaiser's head.

Suddenly, a strange word in trade language was bellowed by the foreign lord.

Miranda? What does Miranda mean? Aipiskaupus thought as the tips of his antennae wavered with his scowl. Looking toward a seemingly similarly perplexed High Prince Vanya, Apiskaupus comments, "Hrafus..."

((OOC - If 'acknowledged his existence' seems rude, it had to be done. It had to be done! I think what I've written fits within what you guys have... I hope.))

Though curious as to the reason for the Bordeusi guard's actions, Branimir continued the conversation without pause.

"There is no need for apologies, as I said it happens often. Even Prince Zinael of Ashenia cannot tell us apart." Branimir says humorously.

"I have been a captain in the Niskovian Home Guard for over a decade, recently I became one of the High Prince's military advisors. Of course, I accompany my cousin to many official events," Branimir smirked a little, "I'm sure you could guess at the convenience of having a guard that so resembles such an important individual."

Even during his conversation with Orion, Branimir had been searching the hall. Despite Vanya's height - for a Niskan anyway - there were many guests who towered over him, which was making it hard to pinpoint the High Prince.

Branimir sighed a little, "The High Prince is sure to be talking with the Kaiser, first thing he does is go off to see how his friend is doing. Trouble is there are so many Haljans here tonight. Tell me, have you ever encountered a Haljan before?"

Hearing a voice that sounded like the High Prince, Branimir subtly steered his companions towards it.

Out of the corner of his eye, the Griuhna Haljan sees some guards taking a human female by the shoulders. While he was considering the best options for moving through the crowd undetected, a convenient Branimir approaches...

Noticing some nearby Griuhna Haljans, Branimir decided to see if they were interested in a drinking contest... and possibly some spectating of what the Bordeusi were up to.

The crowd, a mixture of Niskans and Ferans, watched the unfolding drama, some with interest and some perplexed by these strange Easterners and their odd ignorance of custom.

"Ladies and Lord! How about we toast to the renewal of the cycle?" Branimir proposed, "And then a drinking contest perhaps?"

As Branimir was already moving in a similar direction and there appeared to be some absinthe around where the humans had gone, the Griunha Haljan raised his antennae happily and accepted the challenge. Pointing out the conveniently placed absinthe, he and the females accompanying him started scuttling toward it while still keeping the commotion in the corner of an eye.

Meanwhile...
Mendev's bright blue ears drooped heavily as Mendev tried desperately to move away from the seemingly emotional foreign humans. Indeed, most of the Masked Ones appeared highly uncomfortable with the scene and tried their best to move away with varying success.

((OOC Note - The Masked Ones are very thin and a bit tall standing at between 8 and 10 feet in height.))

Kitsanth
2014-06-04, 02:03 AM
Thankful that Vany's manners were as excellent as usual and that the foreign Lord had acknowledged his existence, Apiskaupus bared his teeth at the Ignato delegation in some twisted imitation of a human smile.

"May your roads never end. I would be interested to hear more of the Triumvirate later perhaps, as I am as interested in your lands as you appear to be in the Sovereign Principality of Niskovia."

As Haljans do not place importance on eye contact, Apiskaupus did not find it strange that the as yet unintroduced foreign lord would look away and was about to add to the conversation when he noticed he would be filling a silence. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Vany did not seem entirely comfortable with the other humans' behaviour. The one called Kalvin abruptly started talking, filling the silence with interesting things which chased thoughts of something perhaps being amiss entirely from the Kaiser's head.

Suddenly, a strange word in trade language was bellowed by the foreign lord.

Miranda? What does Miranda mean? Aipiskaupus thought as the tips of his antennae wavered with his scowl. Looking toward a seemingly similarly perplexed High Prince Vanya, Apiskaupus comments, "Hrafus..."

((OOC - If 'acknowledged his existence' seems rude, it had to be done. It had to be done! I think what I've written fits within what you guys have... I hope.))

Secretly agreeing with Thui's opinion, Vanya turned to his friend.

"Perhaps we should allow these guests some measure of privacy and continue our conversation elsewhere?" Vanya enquires of the Kaiser, "I was looking forward to speaking with you Elyx."

Lady Syuzanna Nisakovich had been dancing with her partner, Lord Jonatan of Almstedt, when she noticed the arrival of several unusual individuals. Though considering she had know the Haljans for many years, she wasn't actually very surprised by these foreigners appearances.

"Natan, darling," she said to her partner, "We should go make those visitors feel welcome."

Lady Syuzanna approached the newcomers. Though not as learned as her older brother about the far east, she was reasonably sure that these visitors hailed from the Glazfelli Hegemony.

"Greetings, I am Lady Syuzanna Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, the younger sister of the High Prince. You honour my House with your visit. Syuzanna curtsied, then gestured to her companion. "This is my partner, Lord Jonatan of Almstedt. Is there anything we may do that would make your visit to our land comfortable?"

edit: miswording

Elemental
2014-06-04, 06:48 AM
Having been called into an impromptu meeting with The Wise concerning the tax code in Kyaralath, the King of Ashenia was delayed somewhat in his arrival at Raykhenbakh. But eventually he arrived as the hall began to become embroiled in unrelated family dramas. A half dozen servants preceded him bearing cedar chests as he entered, leaning heavily on an ebony staff and guided by his still unmarried second son. He was wearing a robe of brilliant white embroidered with geometric designs in black thread and equally black opals, a stole of plain saffron silk, a cape of deep blue lined with fine furs and the glittering State Crown of Ashenia. If his sight were still intact, he would have scanned the room looking for the High Prince of Niskovia, but that responsibility fell to his mithril armoured and scarlet cloaked son who soon directed the group towards him.
"Announcing the arrival of The Sovereign of Ashenia, His Serene Majesty Shenath Toranath, into the presence of High Prince of Niskovia, His Illustriousness Vanya Nisakovich. Blessings upon him and may the Spirits smile upon his deeds!"
The servants who had accompanied the Ashenite King and Prince knelt before the High Prince (and whomever accompanied him at this time) as Shenath and Zinael both bowed politely.

Zinael is unmarried, but he is also disgraced because he not only ran away with a maid, but soon abandoned her as well. In Ashenite tradition, the second crime is unforgivable and he only escaped imprisonment because his mother interceded. The King didn't want to grant this request, but he did out of love, but the strain it placed on their marriage has lead to their estrangement.

Kitsanth
2014-06-04, 07:30 AM
Having been called into an impromptu meeting with The Wise concerning the tax code in Kyaralath, the King of Ashenia was delayed somewhat in his arrival at Raykhenbakh. But eventually he arrived as the hall began to become embroiled in unrelated family dramas. A half dozen servants preceded him bearing cedar chests as he entered, leaning heavily on an ebony staff and guided by his still unmarried second son. He was wearing a robe of brilliant white embroidered with geometric designs in black thread and equally black opals, a stole of plain saffron silk, a cape of deep blue lined with fine furs and the glittering State Crown of Ashenia. If his sight were still intact, he would have scanned the room looking for the High Prince of Niskovia, but that responsibility fell to his mithril armoured and scarlet cloaked son who soon directed the group towards him.
"Announcing the arrival of The Sovereign of Ashenia, His Serene Majesty Shenath Toranath, into the presence of High Prince of Niskovia, His Illustriousness Vanya Nisakovich. Blessings upon him and may the Spirits smile upon his deeds!"
The servants who had accompanied the Ashenite King and Prince knelt before the High Prince (and whomever accompanied him at this time) as Shenath and Zinael both bowed politely.

Zinael is unmarried, but he is also disgraced because he not only ran away with a maid, but soon abandoned her as well. In Ashenite tradition, the second crime is unforgivable and he only escaped imprisonment because his mother interceded. The King didn't want to grant this request, but he did out of love, but the strain it placed on their marriage has lead to their estrangement.

The commotion caused by the entrance of the Ashenite delegation caused High Prince Vanya to once again be interrupted before he could continue his conversation with the Kaiser and his companion Elyx.

"Your honour to my House with your visit, Serene Majesty," Vanya greeted the Ashenite Sovereign, "In keeping with Niskan tradition, the palace servants have been instructed to ensure your entourage recieves a gift of Niskan gemstones and a bolt of finely woven yak cloth. These are merely small tokens of my hospitality."

With those formalities dispensed with Vanya proceeded to provide introductions to the Ashenite King and his companions.

"May I introduce you to Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser, the sovereign of Fera, and Elyx, a Masked One."

At this point a Niskan Lady with long white hair walked up to the High Prince, whispered a few words in his ear and before leaving.

QuintonBeck
2014-06-04, 10:26 AM

Dyamusan's face twisted again from relief to a shock and then anger.

"You think I did not try! The Bordeuxs and my thrice damned sister kept me from traveling to Bordeux to see you! I tried too many times to count after they dragged me away! I sent hundreds of letters, hoping you did not respond because of time or fear but I should have known they were kept from you by the likes of him!" He jousted a finger accusingly at Orion.

"I've missed you for so long Miranda, do not dare presume I chose to walk away! It was not a choice I made and never would I make it!"

Ser Belith closed his eyesand clasped his hands before him in apology to the Niskans and Haljans present, "Allow me to beg forgiveness for my lord, I shall see to it he is corralled."

With that the Dusk Knight was following his charge, hoping he could catch him and keep him from disrupting the Dance further than he had already.

Morph Bark
2014-06-04, 01:42 PM
Tailong and Lord Wyrmar looked on as the drama between daughter and father unfolded, having just gotten some vodka from a servant. "Ten dragons says one of them is gonna cry." He whispered from a safe distance. "My lord!" Wyrmar looked astounded at him. "That is not a proper thing to say. Twelve says the knight will part them before the altercation gets out of hand."

Lord_Burch
2014-06-04, 06:37 PM
Dyamusan's face twisted again from relief to a shock and then anger.

"You think I did not try! The Bordeuxs and my thrice damned sister kept me from traveling to Bordeux to see you! I tried too many times to count after they dragged me away! I sent hundreds of letters, hoping you did not respond because of time or fear but I should have known they were kept from you by the likes of him!" He jousted a finger accusingly at Orion.

"I've missed you for so long Miranda, do not dare presume I chose to walk away! It was not a choice I made and never would I make it!"

Ser Belith closed his eyes and clasped his hands before him in apology to the Niskans and Haljans present, "Allow me to beg forgiveness for my lord, I shall see to it he is corralled."

With that the Dusk Knight was following his charge, hoping he could catch him and keep him from disrupting the Dance further than he had already.

Miranda stared him down, her face devoid of expression. How dare you criticize my dad! Neither he nor Alice even knew you were my father till I was seven. They didn't know I existed until I was five! As she spoke she became more animate, more alive- and more angry. The Comptons hated me. Because of you. Because you took advantage of my mother, and because you left her. They forgave her, but not me, never me. I was a b******, a mistake, a leftover from an unwelcome guest. You never sent anything, not even money to pay for your daughter.

QuintonBeck
2014-06-04, 09:54 PM
Miranda stared him down, her face devoid of expression. How dare you criticize my dad! Neither he nor Alice even knew you were my father till I was seven. They didn't know I existed until I was five! As she spoke she became more animate, more alive- and more angry. The Comptons hated me. Because of you. Because you took advantage of my mother, and because you left her. They forgave her, but not me, never me. I was a b******, a mistake, a leftover from an unwelcome guest. You never sent anything, not even money to pay for your daughter.

"Left!? I was dragged away! Forced out by the Bordeuxs you now call family and my own foul sister who sought to drag me back to Woodwind! The only family I ever desired to see was you my daughter but my own family and those you call family conspired against my wishes and now I see they've tried to poison you against me, do not let them turn me away again Miranda!" Dyamusan stretched out his arms pleadingly.

Just then Ser Belith appeared beside Dyamusan,

"My lord, please, you're causing a scene."

"You're damn right I am Kalvin!" he said, snapping his head to stare at the Dusk Knight with vicious eyes.

Ser Belith had seen that look before, in the eyes of men who were cornered and dangerous. He couldn't let things explode into violence, not here especially on foreign soil where no mercy would be shown as might be found among old friends or allies. He reached out and clamped an arm on Dyamusan's shoulder whose attention had returned razor focused to Miranda.

BladeofObliviom
2014-06-04, 10:43 PM
Lady Syuzanna approached the newcomers. Though not as learned as her older brother about the far east, she was reasonably sure that these visitors hailed from the Glazfelli Hegemony.

"Greetings, I am Lady Syuzanna Nisakovich of House Nisakovich, the younger sister of the High Prince. You honour my House with your visit. Syuzanna curtsied, then gestured to her companion. "This is my partner, Lord Jonatan of Almstedt. Is there anything we may do that would make your visit to our land comfortable?"

[Glazfelli Delegation]

The leader of the delegation offers a curtsy of her own, equal in depth. As sisters of men directly in line to become (or having already become) monarch, they are equals of a sort. Princess Ancir is short for a bera, standing just barely over one-and-one-half Pryonic metres, and fairly plain of face to boot. Her white hair is placed in a bun with crossed sticks, though in spite of this it continues to drape below her ears. She wears a silken Frosskovi formal dress custom-tailored to fit her properly and a modest coronet of bronze and silver, but is otherwise largely unornamented.

"Let me assure you that the honour is mine, Lady Syuzanna and Lord Jonatan. I am called Lady Ancir Daan, eldest and singular daughter of Lord Regnant Hroar Daan of the Glazfelli House Daan. While I appreciate your offer of assistance, it shall not be necessary. Unlike my trip to the Jeweled Cities twenty-and-five years prior, the temperature here is-"

And then another bout of shouting and anger erupts between the Bordeusi and Ignato parties, catching the wayward Princess' attention.

"Er, is everything quite alright?"

Many apologies for my inactivity. I have been quite busy this week, though hopefully with my essays out of the way I'll have actual time to devote to forum-ing again.

Lord_Burch
2014-06-04, 11:46 PM
"Left!? I was dragged away! Forced out by the Bordeuxs you now call family and my own foul sister who sought to drag me back to Woodwind! The only family I ever desired to see was you my daughter but my own family and those you call family conspired against my wishes and now I see they've tried to poison you against me, do not let them turn me away again Miranda!" Dyamusan stretched out his arms pleadingly.

"You're damn right I am Kalvin!" he said, snapping his head to stare at the Dusk Knight with vicious eyes.

Ser Belith had seen that look before, in the eyes of men who were cornered and dangerous. He couldn't let things explode into violence, not here especially on foreign soil where no mercy would be shown as might be found among old friends or allies. He reached out and clamped an arm on Dyamusan's shoulder whose attention had returned razor focused to Miranda.

Turn away? I have already done so. You think yourself my father, but are not. Not truly. You sired me, but nothing else. The fury had drained from her face, leaving only bitterness. You did not tend me when I was dying. Feed me when I was starving. All you ever did was leave me. That is why Orion and Alice are my family. Not because of some ulterior motive. Because they cared. That is what matters to me, Dyamusen.

Kitsanth
2014-06-05, 12:02 AM
[Glazfelli Delegation]

The leader of the delegation offers a curtsy of her own, equal in depth. As sisters of men directly in line to become (or having already become) monarch, they are equals of a sort. Princess Ancir is short for a bera, standing just barely over one-and-one-half Pryonic metres, and fairly plain of face to boot. Her white hair is placed in a bun with crossed sticks, though in spite of this it continues to drape below her ears. She wears a silken Frosskovi formal dress custom-tailored to fit her properly and a modest coronet of bronze and silver, but is otherwise largely unornamented.

"Let me assure you that the honour is mine, Lady Syuzanna and Lord Jonatan. I am called Lady Ancir Daan, eldest and singular daughter of Lord Regnant Hroar Daan of the Glazfelli House Daan. While I appreciate your offer of assistance, it shall not be necessary. Unlike my trip to the Jeweled Cities twenty-and-five years prior, the temperature here is-"

And then another bout of shouting and anger erupts between the Bordeusi and Ignato parties, catching the wayward Princess' attention.

"Er, is everything quite alright?"

Many apologies for my inactivity. I have been quite busy this week, though hopefully with my essays out of the way I'll have actual time to devote to forum-ing again.

Irritated by the antics of some members from the Bordeusi and Ignato, Lady Syuzanna did her best to enlighten Lady Ancir.

"It seems we have unwittingly become host to a family dispute," Syuzanna said in embarrassment, "I have been doing my best to not gawk but they have been making it difficult. I only hope their confrontation does not become violent, especially as my brother has foolishly allowed foreigners to carry weapons into our hall."

It was obvious that to anyone that Syuzanna was worried about this possibility.

"There are few things that could convince a Niskan to leave behind House or Clan," Syuzanna commented sadly when she heard the latest outburst.

Seeing her distress, Lord Jonatan placed his arm around Syuzanna in an effort to comfort her.

"I was glad to hear that there is little we can do to make your visit here more comfortable," Lord Jonatan said, in an obvious attempt to change the subject, "Tell me Lady Ancir, are the northern mountains of Niskovia much like your home land of Glazfell? I have only ever heard a few tales of it, they say it is a very striking place."

Rain Dragon
2014-06-05, 12:02 AM
Secretly agreeing with Thui's opinion, Vanya turned to his friend.

"Perhaps we should allow these guests some measure of privacy and continue our conversation elsewhere?" Vanya enquires of the Kaiser, "I was looking forward to speaking with you Elyx."

The commotion caused by the entrance of the Ashenite delegation caused High Prince Vanya to once again be interrupted before he could continue his conversation with the Kaiser and his companion Elyx.

"Your honour to my House with your visit, Serene Majesty," Vanya greeted the Ashenite Sovereign, "In keeping with Niskan tradition, the palace servants have been instructed to ensure your entourage recieves a gift of Niskan gemstones and a bolt of finely woven yak cloth. These are merely small tokens of my hospitality."

With those formalities dispensed with Vanya proceeded to provide introductions to the Ashenite King and his companions.

"May I introduce you to Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser, the sovereign of Fera, and Elyx, a Masked One."

At this point a Niskan Lady with long white hair walked up to the High Prince, whispered a few words in his ear and before leaving.

A little tired of the constant flow of interruptions, Aipiskaupus simply raised the tip of one antenna at the Ashenite King. "It is good to see you again, Shenath." Aipiskaupus produced a yak drinking horn of absinthe and started to drink. He didn't bother with trying to 'smile' at Shenath as it was plain as day the old King was as blind as ever.

When she appears, Aipiskaupus looked curiously at the Niskan Lady.

This... could be...

Aipiskaupus carefully noted this and started subtly looking around for any other Niskan nobility.

Elyx was prepared to wander off somewhere quiet until an old friend walked around the Ashenite delegation toward Elyx.

Spotting a group of people who were cutting a path through the crowd, Mendev followed in their wake just far enough behind them as to not look like part of the delegation. Luckily, the group seemed to be leading Mendev to an old friend.

Elyx!

Both Mendev and Elyx's ears perked at the sight of one another as they quickly stepped into an embrace a short distance away from the Kaiser, High Prince and Ashenians.

Elemental
2014-06-05, 01:21 AM
The Ashenite Delegation

The King of Ashenia briefly bowed his head before speaking.
"Lord Kaiser, Masked One. I hope this day finds you both well. And to you Vanya, we thank you for your kind gifts and offer to you these tokens of our appreciation."
As he spoke, his servants opened the chests they bore, revealing two to be filled with silver jewellery, two with books bound in gold and silver and two with fine glassware.

The King of Ashenia has no idea what a Masked One is and as he is blind, is making the assumption that it is a title. He is also uncertain of which of Aipiskaupus's names is his "first" name, so defaulted to his title to avoid offence.

BladeofObliviom
2014-06-05, 02:02 AM
Irritated by the antics of some members from the Bordeusi and Ignato, Lady Syuzanna did her best to enlighten Lady Ancir.

"It seems we have unwittingly become host to a family dispute," Syuzanna said in embarrassment, "I have been doing my best to not gawk but they have been making it difficult. I only hope their confrontation does not become violent, especially as my brother has foolishly allowed foreigners to carry weapons into our hall."

It was obvious that to anyone that Syuzanna was worried about this possibility.

"There are few things that could convince a Niskan to leave behind House or Clan," Syuzanna commented sadly when she heard the latest outburst.

Seeing her distress, Lord Jonatan placed his arm around Syuzanna in an effort to comfort her.

"I was glad to hear that there is little we can do to make your visit here more comfortable," Lord Jonatan said, in an obvious attempt to change the subject, "Tell me Lady Ancir, are the northern mountains of Niskovia much like your home land of Glazfell? I have only ever heard a few tales of it, they say it is a very striking place."

Ancir's expression turns slightly troubled as Syuzanna explains the situation, and she spares a moment to glance at the proceedings (though not to stare). Jonatan's intervention comes just in time, before the interaction risks turning entirely awkward: The princess visibly perks up as the subject is avoided.

"In some ways, yes indeed! Niskovian winds are comfortably warm by Glazfelli standards and the roads seem less likely to be plagued by beasts of the snowfield, but the mountains and terrain are indeed quite similar in nature. Perhaps Glazfell itself might be striking to an outsider, but Niskovia is no less so, I think."

At some point, she managed to obtain a glass of vodka, and now takes a sip.

"My, but this has some kick to it. What is this beverage?"

You know, it's probably good that she came here instead of, say, Valterre. It'd take all of ten minutes for her to get poisoned to death.

Kitsanth
2014-06-05, 06:52 AM
The Ashenite Delegation

"Lord Kaiser, Masked One. I hope this day finds you both well. And to you Vanya, we thank you for your kind gifts and offer to you these tokens of our appreciation."
As he spoke, his servants opened the chests they bore, revealing two to be filled with silver jewellery, two with books bound in gold and silver and two with fine glassware.

The King of Ashenia has no idea what a Masked One is and as he is blind, is making the assumption that it is a title. He is also uncertain of which of Aipiskaupus's names is his "first" name, so defaulted to his title to avoid offence.

The High Prince was somewhat amused that the Ashenite King had persisted in bringing gifts, despite his being aware of Niskan custom.

"I accept these gifts on behalf of my people in the spirit in which they have been given," Vanya thanked King Shenath, "I have other matters to attend to right now, I shall have my son Yuli attend to anything you may require."

Hearing his name mentioned, the group was approached by a young Niskan. He greatly resembled what his father Vanya looked like when he was young, except with purple eyes.

"It would be my honour to assist you, Serene Majesty." Said Yuli Nisakovich.

"Now I must take my leave of you."

Ancir's expression turns slightly troubled as Syuzanna explains the situation, and she spares a moment to glance at the proceedings (though not to stare). Jonatan's intervention comes just in time, before the interaction risks turning entirely awkward: The princess visibly perks up as the subject is avoided.

"In some ways, yes indeed! Niskovian winds are comfortably warm by Glazfelli standards and the roads seem less likely to be plagued by beasts of the snowfield, but the mountains and terrain are indeed quite similar in nature. Perhaps Glazfell itself might be striking to an outsider, but Niskovia is no less so, I think."

At some point, she managed to obtain a glass of vodka, and now takes a sip.

"My, but this has some kick to it. What is this beverage?"

You know, it's probably good that she came here instead of, say, Valterre. It'd take all of ten minutes for her to get poisoned to death.

Syuzanna smiled when Lady Ancir complimented Niskovia, "Glazfell sounds like a most interesting place."

Jonatan smirked a little when he noticed Ancir's acquisition of vodka.

"That is Niskovian vodka! It takes some getting used to. If you like it I could arrange a case to take back to Glazfell with you."

TheWombatOfDoom
2014-06-05, 06:56 AM
Girard Serendel enters the festivities decked out in fine clothes and sporting an outfit blues and browns, the sun above the tree above the mountain on his chest. He is young, younger than his predecessors were when they took the throne. Even more different, the coolness that often crossed the face of Liam, and even at times Lyra, was almost forgotten, replaced by a warm, friendly smile. And perhaps a flicker of...ambition? Most uncommonly, Girard was not in attendance with most of his family. His father, Errick, was too old to travel, Liam had passed away, and his wife Bekya in mourning...most of his cousins were in other parts of the kingdom...only Wendry, Liam's daughter and Girard's cousin, accompanied him (as well as the ever present guards).

Girard looked down at the satchel he carried. It was well worn and went nearly everywhere he did. He patted it, smiled, and made his way through the diplomats and deligates, rulers and religous leaders, until he arrived in front of Vanya, the High Prince. Girard raised a fist to his chest, hand over heart, and bowed his head in a nod. "Prince Vanya," he said with a warm smile, "it is good to see you. I apologize if we haven't formally been introduced. My name is Girard Serendel. A lovely evening seems to be in the making!" He reaches behind him to unstrap a skin from his back, and hands the ruler the gift. "This is a gift from the region of my lands known as Grmanhil. It's called mead. While it may not compare with the spirits from your lands, it is indeed a fine beverage to consume. I hope you enjoy it."

Kitsanth
2014-06-05, 08:32 AM
Girard Serendel enters the festivities decked out in fine clothes and sporting an outfit blues and browns, the sun above the tree above the mountain on his chest. He is young, younger than his predecessors were when they took the throne. Even more different, the coolness that often crossed the face of Liam, and even at times Lyra, was almost forgotten, replaced by a warm, friendly smile. And perhaps a flicker of...ambition? Most uncommonly, Girard was not in attendance with most of his family. His father, Errick, was too old to travel, Liam had passed away, and his wife Bekya in mourning...most of his cousins were in other parts of the kingdom...only Wendry, Liam's daughter and Girard's cousin, accompanied him (as well as the ever present guards).

Girard looked down at the satchel he carried. It was well worn and went nearly everywhere he did. He patted it, smiled, and made his way through the diplomats and deligates, rulers and religous leaders, until he arrived in front of Vanya, the High Prince. Girard raised a fist to his chest, hand over heart, and bowed his head in a nod. "Prince Vanya," he said with a warm smile, "it is good to see you. I apologize if we haven't formally been introduced. My name is Girard Serendel. A lovely evening seems to be in the making!" He reaches behind him to unstrap a skin from his back, and hands the ruler the gift. "This is a gift from the region of my lands known as Grmanhil. It's called mead. While it may not compare with the spirits from your lands, it is indeed a fine beverage to consume. I hope you enjoy it."

At this point the High Prince was almost coming to expect these random interruptions. His guests seemed to always pop up as Vanya attempted to restart his conversation with the Kaiser. It seemed finding out where Elyx had disappeared to would have to wait.

"You do my House honour with your visit, Lord Serendel. And I appreciate the receipt of this gift," Vanya said in greeting, before adding "Also, apologies are not necessary, I do not expect my guests to be aware of the Niskan formal greeting ritual. However, I must insist that you accept a token of my hospitality. As such I have already made arrangements for the required gift to be delivered to your entourage. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Lyrdis for the centennial and I hope that you will enjoy your visit here."

With the most pressing formalities out of the way, Vanya proceeded to introduce his companion to Girard,"Might I introduce you to Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser, the sovereign of Fera?"

At this point Vanya's attention was caught by what seemed to be a random Niskan Lady in the crowd. The High Prince and this random Lady with white hair proceeded to exchange a series of hand signals.

As Branimir was already moving in a similar direction and there appeared to be some absinthe around where the humans had gone, the Griunha Haljan raised his antennae happily and accepted the challenge. Pointing out the conveniently placed absinthe, he and the females accompanying him started scuttling toward it while still keeping the commotion in the corner of an eye.

"Ya know," an extremely drunk Branimir said to his drinking competition fellows, "Those guysh should jusht hug and get over their ishues."

He was talking about the Bordeusi and Ignato commotion.
He was also losing the drinking contest.

QuintonBeck
2014-06-05, 08:51 AM
Turn away? I have already done so. You think yourself my father, but are not. Not truly. You sired me, but nothing else. The fury had drained from her face, leaving only bitterness. You did not tend me when I was dying. Feed me when I was starving. All you ever did was leave me. That is why Orion and Alice are my family. Not because of some ulterior motive. Because they cared. That is what matters to me, Dyamusen.

"I have spent the last half my life trying to see you girl, do not speak to me of caring! I have cared for you more deeply and with more pain than any other than perhaps your true mother! Guards and knights like this fool here," he chose this moment to rip his arm out of Ser Belith's grasp and point at the Dusk Knight, "Are the only, the only reason I was not there to raise you properly! And they were acting under the self serving orders of your false grandfather Cedrik and my sister! If you will not listen to me here perhaps you will listen in your proper home in Woodwind!"

Dyamusan lurched forward, grabbing for the young girl's arm fiercely. Ser Belith reached for his sword.

"My lord, stop!"

Rain Dragon
2014-06-06, 01:03 AM
The Ashenite Delegation

The High Prince was somewhat amused that the Ashenite King had persisted in bringing gifts, despite his being aware of Niskan custom.

"I accept these gifts on behalf of my people in the spirit in which they have been given," Vanya thanked King Shenath, "I have other matters to attend to right now, I shall have my son Yuli attend to anything you may require."

Hearing his name mentioned, the group was approached by a young Niskan. He greatly resembled what his father Vanya looked like when he was young, except with purple eyes.

"It would be my honour to assist you, Serene Majesty." Said Yuli Nisakovich.

"Now I must take my leave of you."

Strangely, despite meeting at the Second World Fair in Celero and the two nations communicating, the Ashenite King addressed the Kaiser incorrectly, as though Kaiser was a name and Aipiskaupus was one of Niskan nobility rather than a Haljan himself.
It would seem the Ashenite King has lost not only his sight, but his memory as well. This saddens me.

Aipiskaupus chose to say nothing and let the High Prince speak. Perhaps King Shenath was not long for this world, and the thought of this made Aipiskaupus' antennae droop though he knew little of the man aside from his part in the Printing Press Saga. Indeed, overall stories of Ashenia as an Empire were positive so it could not possibly be the whole of King Shenath's rule, though it will likely become the thing for which he is best remembered.

Hopefully the next ruler of Ashenia fares well.

At this point the High Prince was almost coming to expect these random interruptions. His guests seemed to always pop up as Vanya attempted to restart his conversation with the Kaiser. It seemed finding out where Elyx had disappeared to would have to wait.

"You do my House honour with your visit, Lord Serendel. And I appreciate the receipt of this gift," Vanya said in greeting, before adding "Also, apologies are not necessary, I do not expect my guests to be aware of the Niskan formal greeting ritual. However, I must insist that you accept a token of my hospitality. As such I have already made arrangements for the required gift to be delivered to your entourage. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Lyrdis for the centennial and I hope that you will enjoy your visit here."

With the most pressing formalities out of the way, Vanya proceeded to introduce his companion to Girard,"Might I introduce you to Aipiskaupus Thuidans Leikeis Kaiser, the sovereign of Fera?"

At this point Vanya's attention was caught by what seemed to be a random Niskan Lady in the crowd. The High Prince and this random Lady with white hair proceeded to exchange a series of hand signals.

((OOC - Technically, I should wait for WombatofDoom to respond first, but I can write a sentence since I'm posting anyway.))

Aipiskaupus did not let it show that his focus on the newcomers was broken though he did note the Niskan Lady in the crowd making hand gestures.
As though being constantly interrupted then subsequently ignored were not enough, Lady Tiia is seemingly trying to tell Vany something. Likely not a fantastic something either, else it wouldn't be this urgent surely...

"Ya know," an extremely drunk Branimir said to his drinking competition fellows, "Those guysh should jusht hug and get over their ishues."

He was talking about the Bordeusi and Ignato commotion.
He was also losing the drinking contest.

The Griuhna Haljan's face did not change, but he was swaying rhythmically and his antennae were swishing back and forth to some unknown tune.

"Oh, but could they? I am no Leikeish, but I can shee that that izh not a likely outcome, heh. Drauths Hrafus zhind kjaunlegt. So vvvery silly."

Though he was in better shape than the female Haljans and Branimir himself, the Griuhna Haljan seemed to be having trouble sticking to one language.

Kitsanth
2014-06-06, 08:14 AM
"I have spent the last half my life trying to see you girl, do not speak to me of caring! I have cared for you more deeply and with more pain than any other than perhaps your true mother! Guards and knights like this fool here," he chose this moment to rip his arm out of Ser Belith's grasp and point at the Dusk Knight, "Are the only, the only reason I was not there to raise you properly! And they were acting under the self serving orders of your false grandfather Cedrik and my sister! If you will not listen to me here perhaps you will listen in your proper home in Woodwind!"

Dyamusan lurched forward, grabbing for the young girl's arm fiercely. Ser Belith reached for his sword.

"My lord, stop!"

The Griuhna Haljan's face did not change, but he was swaying rhythmically and his antennae were swishing back and forth to some unknown tune.

"Oh, but could they? I am no Leikeish, but I can shee that that izh not a likely outcome, heh. Drauths Hrafus zhind kjaunlegt. So vvvery silly."

Though he was in better shape than the female Haljans and Branimir himself, the Griuhna Haljan seemed to be having trouble sticking to one language.

"You shaid it fo shure..." Branimir peers blearily at the commotion, "Damn, looksh like thingsh are about to get sherioush... wait dangeroush, no sherioush."

Despite being extremely drunk Branimir attempts to leap into action, "I should go do my job..."

And collapses, unconscious.

WaylanderX
2014-06-06, 08:35 AM
Having danced with his wife and discussing and observing this newfound area, Wayve kept himself aside for most of the evening. He watched carefully as Dyamusen grabbed his daughters armes, ready to lounge forward.

"Woodwind people always cause a whole lot of trouble, although the Kasumori aren't too shabby at it either." He said to Valineth with a grimace on his face.

"Humpf, you cause trouble wherever you go, dear. Especialy for me." The Heartwastian queen replied, a small smile on her face.

"Just don't get me into trouble this time, will you."

"Yes dear, I'll just go look for our hosts, to discuss my proposal. It's high time for that anyway."

Sorry for posting so late, just had my last exam. Thought I would have more time left, but it is how it is. A couple of days ago you agreed to a trade of Hover tech vs Clockwork tech. Is that deal still on? And on that subject, can I interest one or both of you in some iron, stone, furs, fish (Tekorvan fish, mhuahaha) or lead?

Rain Dragon
2014-06-06, 08:35 AM

"My lord, stop!"

"You shaid it fo shure..." Branimir peers blearily at the commotion, "Damn, looksh like thingsh are about to get sherioush... wait dangeroush, no sherioush."

Despite being extremely drunk Branimir attempts to leap into action, "I should go do my job..."

And collapses, unconscious.

"I won! Yeshhhhh!"

Swaying in place for a moment, the Griuhna Haljan with the very ornate scythe thinks very hard for a moment about his drinking partner's final words. Suddenly in a panic, the Haljan orders the females who were conscious to tend to Branimir.

"I vill do Branimirsh jhooob!!!"

The Griuhna Haljan casts aside his weapon and lurches toward the foreigner who had grabbed the foreign lady's arm with the intent to save the victim of such a vicious assault.

OOC NOTE - ((It's very, very likely that the guy misses by a ton and passes out as well. Which, if you want really shouldn't interrupt things, but if you want him to like, ram into Dyamusan or Miranda or something that's okay as well as long as the penalty for drunken misconduct is not death. Oo))

Why in spoiler is this? Owells.

I hope you did well! It's totally fine man. Anytime you feel like posting is fine by me and you had things to do. Heck, I had things to do the past few days too and have been less hyper-postative. ^^

Kitsanth
2014-06-06, 09:31 AM
Having danced with his wife and discussing and observing this newfound area, Wayve kept himself aside for most of the evening. He watched carefully as Dyamusen grabbed his daughters armes, ready to lounge forward.

"Woodwind people always cause a whole lot of trouble, although the Kasumori aren't too shabby at it either." He said to Valineth with a grimas on his face.

"Humpf, you cause trouble wherever you go, dear. Especialy for me." The Heartwastian queen replied, a small smile on her face.

"Just don't get me into trouble this time, will you."

"Yes dear, I'll just go look for our hosts, to discuss my proposal. It's high time for that anyway."

Sorry for posting so late, just had my last exam. Thought I would have more time left, but it is how it is. A couple of days ago you agreed to a trade of Hover tech vs Clockwork tech. Is that deal still on? And on that subject, can I interest one or both of you in some iron, stone, furs, fish (Tekorvan fish, mhuahaha) or lead?

High Prince Vanya's interruption sense was tingling. And at this hour Branimir was likely unconscious... again. It was so hard to dissuade him from issuing challenges to visiting Haljans after he nearly won that one time.

Before he could abruptly excuse himself from talking with Lord Serendel, Vanya was approached by the Lady - white hair, wearing the Nisakovich House colours - who had been communicating with him moments earlier. Before Vanya could react she began speaking rapidly in the Niskan tongue.

"We have a situation unfolding on the lower levels, he has found his way into the palace, with a group of mercenaries!"

Vanya replied to her, also speaking in Niskan, "He could not have known about that entrance, unless... Syuzanna, only the heir apparent is told." The realisation dawned on Vanya, "Our guests... how could she have done this? Tonight of all nights! She would have to know it would come to this. He is not the same person we remember from our childhood."

Vanya swore. "And there is no way to clear the Hall in time."

"You must leave..."

Vanya cuts her off. "How can you even think that!" Vanya exclaims in shock. "I will never abandon people under my protection Tiia."

"Make sure our daughter is safe. It seems I have some explaining to do."

But where to start...

I'm still on for that yeah

Rain Dragon
2014-06-06, 10:30 AM
High Prince Vanya's interruption sense was tingling. And at this hour Branimir was likely unconscious... again. It was so hard to dissuade him from issuing challenges to visiting Haljans after he nearly won that one time.

Before he could abruptly excuse himself from talking with Lord Serendel, Vanya was approached by the Lady - white hair, wearing the Nisakovich House colours - who had been communicating with him moments earlier. Before Vanya could react she began speaking rapidly in the Niskan tongue.

"We have a situation unfolding on the lower levels, he has found his way into the palace, with a group of mercenaries!"

Vanya replied to her, also speaking in Niskan, "He could not have known about that entrance, unless... Syuzanna, only the heir apparent is told." The realisation dawned on Vanya, "Our guests... how could she have done this? Tonight of all nights! She would have to know it would come to this. He is not the same person we remember from our childhood."

Vanya swore. "And there is no way to clear the Hall in time."

"You must leave..."

Vanya cuts her off. "How can you even think that!" Vanya exclaims in shock. "I will never abandon people under my protection Tiia."

"Make sure our daughter is safe. It seems I have some explaining to do."

But where to start...

I'm still on for that yeah

Aipiskaupus remains seemingly calm on the outside, yet on the inside he was quickly and efficiently thinking through possibilities and options.

For now, however, one important thing needed to be addressed.
"A situation you say? Explaining may be a decent option at this point, yet is it the best? How much time have you?" the Kaiser deliberately spoke in the trade tongue so those around them could hear were they paying attention.

BladeofObliviom
2014-06-06, 11:18 AM
Syuzanna smiled when Lady Ancir complimented Niskovia, "Glazfell sounds like a most interesting place."

Jonatan smirked a little when he noticed Ancir's acquisition of vodka.

"That is Niskovian vodka! It takes some getting used to. If you like it I could arrange a case to take back to Glazfell with you."

"Well, you'll be welcome if you ever choose to visit. Do bring a warm coat, though." The princess chuckles at her own little joke, though in all fairness that's actually good advice. "And as for you, Lord Jonatan, I think I would like that case!", says Ancir, taking another long sip. "Though I do not wish to be a leech. I have many spare bolts of Frosskovi silk, a fine and strong cloth, if you would be interested."

Ancir is blissfully unaware of the developing situation that is apparently happening.

It's a one-time small-scale fluff transaction in this case, though I actually have a spare unit of Silk if you're interested.

Kitsanth
2014-06-06, 11:40 PM
"Well, you'll be welcome if you ever choose to visit. Do bring a warm coat, though." The princess chuckles at her own little joke, though in all fairness that's actually good advice. "And as for you, Lord Jonatan, I think I would like that case!", says Ancir, taking another long sip. "Though I do not wish to be a leech. I have many spare bolts of Frosskovi silk, a fine and strong cloth, if you would be interested."

Ancir is blissfully unaware of the developing situation that is apparently happening.

It's a one-time small-scale fluff transaction in this case, though I actually have a spare unit of Silk if you're interested.

Syuzanna and Jonatan were also not yet aware of the developing situation and smiled at the joke.

"I will make sure the case is delivered then. Your appreciation of this gift is all we require."

"Though, a gown of silk could impress the other ladies..." Syuzanna said in contemplation, "As I technically am not host... I accept your gracious offer."

"Perhaps we will soon be afforded the opportunity to visit Glazfell? And I assure you Niskan yak wool is quite warm." Jonatan said humorously.

Aipiskaupus remains seemingly calm on the outside, yet on the inside he was quickly and efficiently thinking through possibilities and options.

For now, however, one important thing needed to be addressed.
"A situation you say? Explaining may be a decent option at this point, yet is it the best? How much time have you?" the Kaiser deliberately spoke in the trade tongue so those around them could hear were they paying attention.

Deep in thought, Vanya watched Lady Tiia moved off into the crowd, presumably to find their daughter.

Hearing the Kaiser's question, Vanya stated clearly for all to hear, "Militants have entered the palace. Artem will lead them straight here. My inviting you all here has put you all in danger."

A flurry of whispers erupted in the crowd as the High Prince announced the situation.

"It is likely he intends to take the throne by force," Vanya explained, "He broke several of our highest laws and traditions, then eluded capture for over a decade. Artem will not escape Niskovian justice this night."

"Let me assure you all, I would sooner die than allow a guest of my House be harmed."