PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Sacred Vows (Three Posted) (PEACH)

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 03:23 PM
When I did this rebuild, I was thinking about ways to make a character grow stronger without devoting so much time and money into magical items. As some have posted before, the 'Christmas Tree' effect of character builds can be tiresome and taxing for both new players and old pros alike.

Vow of Poverty, perhaps one of the most potent feats ever printed, seemed to me to be the prime starting point. You forsake both masterwork and magical items for some of the abilities that are commonly obtained via magical items. The problem with it was that you HAD to be good aligned to take it. Why can't an evil character be charitable and still an evil monster? Why can't an evil character take such a vow? It could very well be the perfect disguise for its larger goals or simply be a personality quirk gone to the extreme. I thought about it and realized that it would have to be modified to allow for all alignments.

I also thought it was confusing to require all these weird feat taxes to gain such abilities. Sacred Vow grants a +2 bonus on diplomacy checks... Why? Somehow because you took a vow, your words are to be somehow trusted... Again, I think this is unnecessary to even a feat tax. So what became of it? it became a subgroup for the following feats. I'm beginning with one choice in that feat subgroup, the Vow of Poverty. hopefully I can expand it to encompass other vows, in such ways as to allow them to be chosen by all alignments (or at least select alignments).

Added Vow of Justice/Revenge.
Added Vow of Purity.

Vow of Poverty [Exalted, Sacred Vow]

You have taken a sacred vow to yourself to forswear material possessions.

Prerequisites:
Must believe that by abstaining from possessions and acting in a charitable manner, a greater goal can be accomplished.

Requirements:
Having a character in the party who has taken a vow of poverty should not necessarily mean that the other party members get bigger shares of treasure! The character must devote their share of wealth obtained to better the lives of others, through charitable donations and the like. The deeds should reflect the character’s personal beliefs, as well as help others in need. The majority of her share of party treasure (or the profits from the sale thereof) should be donated to the needy, either directly (equipping rescued captives with gear taken from their fallen captors) or indirectly (making a large donation to a temple noted for its work among the poor). While taking upon herself the burden of poverty voluntarily, an ascetic recognizes that many people do not have the freedom to choose poverty, but instead have it forced upon them, and seeks to better those unfortunates as much as possible.

Special:
To fulfill your vow, you must not own or use any material possessions, with the following exceptions:

You may carry and use ordinary (neither magic nor masterwork) simple weapons.
You may wear simple clothes with no magical properties.
You may carry enough food to sustain you for one day in a simple (nonmagic) sack or bag.
You may carry and use a spell component pouch.
You may not use any magic item of any sort, though you can benefit from magic items used on your behalf— you can drink a ‘potion of cure serious wounds’ a friend gives you, receive a spell cast from a wand, scroll, or staff, or ride on your companion's ebony fly.
You may not, however, "borrow" a ‘cloak of resistance’ or any other magic item from a companion for even a single round, nor may you yourself cast a spell from a scroll, wand, or staff.

Breaking Your Vow:
If you break your vow, you immediately lose the benefit of this feat and you may not take another feat to replace it. The only way to receive the benefits of this feat again is to perform two of three things.

Forsake all possessions except the clothes on your back, living the life of a beggar for at least one year.
Receive the Atonement spell from someone with a higher caster level than your current effective character level (ECL).
Successfully complete a Geas/Quest for another being in need. They must have an alignment within one step of your own.

Poverty and Spellcasting/Manifesting:
A character who has forsaken material possessions may find himself at a marked disadvantage when it comes to certain necessary expenses, such as expensive material components or a spell’s/power’s focus. For such a character, there are two options:

The spellcaster can sacrifice experience points in place of expensive components/focus, with 1 XP equivalent to 5 gp value of components/focus.
The spellcaster can use components/focus provided by another character. Any unused materials must be returned to the other character as soon as safely possible (given the situation), as does any used focus.

Benefit:
You gain the following bonuses below, depending on your character’s effective level. All features are gained retroactively, meaning a higher level character gains all abilities that the vow offers, up to the character’s effective character level (ECL).

Level
Special

1st
Ascetic Aspect I

2nd
Graceful

3rd
Endure the Elements (5)

4th

5th
Ascetic Aspect II

6th
Sustenance I

7th

8th
Clarity of Mind I

9th
Endure the Elements (10)

10th

11th
Ascetic Aspect III

12th
Regenerative Health

13th

14th
Sustenance II

15th
Ascetic Aspect IV

16th

17th
Endure the Elements (15)

18th
Clarity of Mind II

19th

20th

Ascetic Aspect (I, II, III, IV):
At 1st level, an ascetic character gains a +2 enhancement bonus to one ability score. At 5th, 11th and 15th levels, you may choose another ability score to receive this +2 enhancement bonus. At 5th, 11th and 15th levels, each previously chosen ability score receives a cumulative increase of +2 (+2 at 1st level, +4/+2 at 5th level, +6/+4/+2 at 11th level, +8/+6/+4/+2 at 15th level).

Graceful:
At 2nd level, the ascetic can act as if continually under the effect of a freedom of movement spell.

Endure the Elements:
At 3rd level, an ascetic character suffers no harm from being in a hot or cold environment. It can exist comfortably in conditions between –50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit (without having to make Fortitude saves). The ascetic's equipment is likewise protected. Furthermore, the ascetic gains resistance 5 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy. This stacks with any other source of energy resistance gained from another source. At 9th and 17th levels, this energy resistance increases by 5 points each (10 at 9th level and 15 at 17th level).

Sustenance (I and II):
At 6th level, the ascetic no longer needs to eat and drink to survive. The ascetic still feels the urge to do so and can still consume food and drink with no penalty, but is not required to physically. The ascetic can still benefit from spells/powers and effects that require consuming, such as the heroes' feast spell. At 14th level, the ascetic character doesn't need to breathe and is immune to inhaled poisons, stench, and any other inhaled effect.

Clarity of Mind (I and II):
At 8th level, an ascetic character learns to clear its mind of excessive thoughts and feelings. The ascetic becomes immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to discern its alignment. At 18th level, the ascetic's mind becomes completely tranquil and calm, becoming immune to all mind-affecting effects. Also, the ascetic sees things as they actually are, as if under a constant True-Seeing effect.

Regenerative Health:
At 12th level, an ascetic character gains fast healing 2. This stacks with any other source of fast healing the ascetic possesses.

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 03:27 PM
Vow of Justice/Revenge [Exalted, Sacred Vow]

You have taken a sacred vow to right an injustice you’ve experienced.

Prerequisites:
Must believe that by seeking out justice (and a bit of revenge) for an event in the past, a greater goal can be met (and potently achieved).

Requirements:
Having a character in the party who has taken a vow of justice should not always be a vigilante, seeking revenge for an injustice done in the past. While this might be something destined to become reality at a later point in time, that does not mean the character is consumed with this goal. There are so many injustices that have occurred in the world, and the scarred pieces left behind are sometimes worse than the actual damage it initially caused. While taking upon the burden of justice voluntarily, a character recognizes that many people will most likely still suffer from what must be done to right such injustices. The character might just become the very thing it is attempting to correct. A character must recognize not everything will work out how they plan.

Special:
To fulfill your vow, you must abide by certain rules:

You must not perform a similar act of injustice similar to the one that made you take the vow.
You must attempt to protect those who are important or valuable to you in some way.
You must actively acts of injustice and attempt to correct them in some manner.
You must assist those in great need or those less fortunate in situations where you have the opportunity.

Breaking Your Vow:
If you break your vow, you immediately lose the benefit of this feat and you may not take another feat to replace it. The only way to receive the benefits of this feat again is to perform two of three things.

Travel the world for one year, stopping crimes and injustices to the best of your abilities, whether it’s through negotiation, intimidation or even violence.
Receive the Atonement spell from someone with a higher caster level than your current effective character level (ECL).
Successfully complete a Geas/Quest for another being in need. They must have an alignment within one step of your own.

Benefit:
You gain the following bonuses below, depending on your character’s effective level. All features are gained retroactively, meaning a higher level character gains all abilities that the vow offers, up to the character’s effective character level (ECL).

Level
Special

1st
Exalted Strike +1 (Magic)

2nd

3rd
Deflective Spirit I

4th
Exalted Strike +2(Cold Iron/Silver)

5th
Exalted Defense (+2)

6th

7th

8th
Exalted Defense (+4)

9th
Deflective Spirit II

10th
Exalted Strike +3 (Aligned)

11th
Exalted Defense (+6)

12th

13th

14th
Exalted Defense (+8)

15th
Exalted Strike +4(Adamantine)

16th

17th
Exalted Defense (+10)

18th

19th
Deflective Spirit III

20th
Exalted Strike +5 (Epic)

Exalted Strike:
At 1st level, a character gains a +1 enhancement bonus on all attack and damage rolls. At 4th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels, this enhancement bonus increases by +1 (Max +5). At various levels, the character’s attacks gain additional effects, as shown below. These following effects are accumulative.

At 1st level, the character's attacks are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
At 4th level, the character's attacks are considered as both cold iron and silver for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
At 10th level, the character's attacks are considered strongly aligned with the corresponding alignment(s) that the character possesses. For example, if the character is lawful evil, then that character's attacks are treated as both lawful and evil for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. If the character is chaotic neutral, then their attacks are only chaotic aligned.
At 15th level, the character’s attacks are considered as adamantine for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. This does not allow the character to ignore hardness less than 20, like actual adamantine does.
At 20th level, the character's attacks are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Exalted Defense:
At 5th level, the character gains a +2 exalted bonus to natural armor. This stacks with any other natural armor the character possesses. At 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th levels, this exalted bonus increases by two (max +10).

Deflective Spirit (I, II and III):
At 3rd level, the character gains a +1 deflection bonus to its armor class. This does no stack with any other source of deflection bonus. At 9th and 19th levels, this bonus increases by +2 (+3 at 9th level and +5 at 19th level).

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 03:28 PM
Vow of Purity [Exalted, Sacred Vow]

You have taken a sacred vow to avoid contact with dead flesh and remain as pure as possible, all the while abstaining from meat and intoxicants.

Prerequisites:
Must believe that by becoming pure inside and out, a greater goal can be met (and potently achieved).

Requirements:
Having a character in the party who has taken a vow of purity is not always a prudish person, nor are they generally the type to guilt others into following in their beliefs. While they might preach occasionally, they do so in a manner that is tasteful. They realize their lifestyle is not for everyone. The path of purity is a difficult one. While taking upon the burden of purity voluntarily, a character recognizes that many people do not abide by the same governing principles. They will consume meat and intoxicants. Most live grey lives where death and suffering are common, few have the ability to be so pure.

Special:
To fulfill your vow, you must abide by certain rules:

You must avoid all contact with dead creatures, including meat cooked for food.
You may not touch fallen foes. You may touch dead characters in order to restore them to life (by way of a raise dead or similar spell that requires you to touch the corpse), but for no other purpose.
You may fight undead foes, but you must purify yourself in a special ritual that requires 1 hour and a flask of holy water as soon as possible if they come into contact with you.
You must not consume intoxicating, stimulating, depressant, or hallucinogenic substances, including alcohol, caffeine, and other drugs.

Breaking Your Vow:
If you intentionally break your vow, If you break your vow as a result of magical compulsion, or otherwise unintentionally (a drug slipped into your drink, for example), you immediately lose the benefit of this feat and you may not take another feat to replace it. The only way to receive the benefits of this feat again is to perform two of three things.

Perform a week long cleansing ritual in four separate locations at opposite ends of the earth, with each ritual needing to be preformed in a separate season. This should take roughly one year to complete.

Benefit:

Level
Special

1st
Lay On Hands

2nd

3rd
Purity of Body I

4th
Radiance I

5th
Resilient Spirit I (Magic)

6th
Resist Death I

7th

8th

9th

10th
Resilient Spirit II (Aligned)

11th

12th
Resist Death II

13th
Purity of Body II

14th
Radiance II

15th
Resilient Spirit III (Adamantine)

16th

17th

18th
Resist Death III

19th

20th
Resilient Spirit IV (Epic)

Lay on Hands (Su):
At 1st level, a character with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to her character level x her Charisma bonus. A character may choose to divide her healing among multiple recipients, and she doesn’t have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action. Unlike the paladin ability by the same name, the character cannot use this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures.

Purity of Body (I and II):
At 3rd level, the character gains immunity to both poisons and natural diseases. At 13th level, the character gains immunity to both supernatural diseases and curses.

Radiance (I and II) (Su):
At 4th level, the character can spend a standard action at will to cause their body to shed pure light indefinitely, ranging in intensity from that of a torch (20 ft. bright illumination, 20 ft. shadowy illumination) to nothing at all. If killed, any glowing fades within 10 minutes.

At 14th level, the character can release a blast of light in a 30 ft. radius centered on himself, similar to the Sunburst spell. Creatures caught in range are blinded and take 5d6 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 character’s level + charisma modifier) negates the blindness and reduces the damage by half.

An undead creature caught within the light’s radius takes 1d6 points of damage per character level (maximum 20d6), or half damage if a Reflex save is successful. In addition, the burst results in the destruction of any undead creature specifically harmed by bright light (such as a vampire) if it fail its save. The ultraviolet light generated by the spell deals damage to fungi, mold, oozes, and slimes just as if they were undead creatures.

This also dispels any darkness spells of a lower caster level than the character’s level that falls within this effect’s area.

Resilient Spirit (I and II):
At 5th level, the character gains damage reduction 5/X, where X is based on the character’s level (see below) and is accumulative. At 10th, 15th, and 20th levels, the character's damage reduction increases by 5 (10/X at 10th level, 15/X at 15th level, 20/X at 20th level).

At 5th level, the character's damage reduction can only be overcome by magical weapons.
At 10th level, the character's damage reduction can only be overcome by weapons strongly aligned with the opposite in corresponding alignment(s) that the character possesses. For example, if the character is lawful evil, then that character's damage reduction is overcome by both chaotic and good weapons. If the character is chaotic neutral, then their damage reduction is overcome by lawfully aligned weapons.
At 15th level, the character’s damage reduction can only be overcome by adamantine weapons.
At 20th level, the character's damage reduction can only be overcome by epic weapons.

Resist Death (I, II and III):
At 6th level, the character is more resistant to death effects, gaining a +4 perfection bonus on saving throws to resist death effects and negative energy effects. At 12th level, the character becomes immune to death effects. At 18th level, the character becomes immune to any effect that deals negative energy damage, such as harm or inflict light wounds.

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 03:32 PM
first of all, all those bonus feats had to go... I would like multiple sacred vow feats to be obtainable, ones that might grant other abilities not presently found above. These might include such bonus feats, I'm undecided about that.

toapat
2014-06-02, 04:35 PM
the DR should probably have stayed /Evil, not /Magic. Also the exotic focus should be returned as soon as possible, not instantly because that would cut out some spells during combat.

Also, i feel it would be better if you just listed out the bonuses straight, instead of how they are. As currently the table is extremely difficult to actually read due to so many similarly named abilities.

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 05:08 PM
the DR should probably have stayed /Evil, not /Magic. Also the exotic focus should be returned as soon as possible, not instantly because that would cut out some spells during combat.

Also, i feel it would be better if you just listed out the bonuses straight, instead of how they are. As currently the table is extremely difficult to actually read due to so many similarly named abilities.

That only makes sense if the character is good. I realize DR X/Magic is easier to overcome, but that is fine by me. Only half the creatures can overcome this and yes I realize that some of these are the strongest variety of creatures. You're not likely to find DR via magical items. There should still be a reason to NOT take these vows. wee mustn't make them always a better choice, merely an alternative choice of roughly equal value.

I agree with your response about the focus.

I'm working on breaking them up again. My problem was the table had too many listed things. I'm trying to find the sweet spot.

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 06:32 PM
added a third vow. what other vows could be created?

dragonjek
2014-06-02, 08:30 PM
How about a Hermetic Vow? It wouldn't be absolute solitude if the oathtaker is part of an adventuring party, but a number of RL hermits acquired so many disciples that they were hardly ever alone. But sacrificing things like flanking bonuses, aid another actions, or buffs from the rest of the party might

In India, Sadhu have been known to take vows to, say, stand on one leg for years, or to not use an arm for a decade--which they may follow to the point that the limb atrophies and loses all feeling, looking more like some twisted claw attached to their body in place of a limb (of course, until it becomes numb it would be agonizingly painful). They sometimes bind the limb in place, I assume to keep themselves from using it by accident.

Speaking of not using a bodily function, what about a Vow of Silence?

A Vow of Mortification of the Flesh (self-flagellation)? Perhaps by voluntarily reducing their hit points by a certain amount or percentage each morning or night, they could get the benefits of the feat (whatever they might be)?

Most hesitantly, though, do I suggest a Vow of Peace/Nonviolence. I once played a Vow of Nonviolence character, but ended up scrapping him because the other players were getting annoyed that I tried to end conflicts before it erupted into combat.

Realms of Chaos
2014-06-02, 08:40 PM
I am very torn on the topic of these vows. On the one side, I like quite a few things about your approach.

Avoiding christmas tree effect is good
No random feat tax is pretty friggin sweet
Opening this form of option to all alignments as you endeavor to is nice
I probably like your approach to atonement much better than I have for any other VoP fix I've seen.
I like the consideration you've given casters.

On the other hand, though, there are a number of things here that simply boggle my mind.

1. Despite your proclamation that those of all alignments should have vows (and I'm pretty sure that your vow of revenge isn't meant for goody-two-shoes alone), you haven't really done anything about that so far. Every vow you have produced has the exalted tag. All exalted feats can only be taken by good characters ("good alignment" isn't in the prerequisites of those feats). That's kind of what it means for a feat to be exalted.

2. Similarly, the term "sacred" in D&D (as in sacred bonuses) are linked to goodness, as opposed to the term "profane" for evil. Even if you meant sacred in the sense of being dear to a deity, that would imply that all vows are made to gods, which may not be your intention. As such, referring to these feats as "sacred vows" instead of "vows" seems a bit disarming, especially when the vile version of sacred vow, "unspeakable vows" (+2 bonus to intimidate checks), does indeed exist (Drow of the Underdark).

3. While you give a lot of consideration for casters, you still hose wizards/archivists/wu jen with your vow of poverty entirely by not allowing them to carry a spellbook/prayerbook. A member of those classes that chooses VoP is utterly hosed unless they have the spell mastery feat (and is still hosed even then), which isn't possible at level one unless a human (or unless your DM is crazy enough to allow feats).

4. This is the big one. You seem to have missed the forest for the trees in terms of what Vow of Poverty was trying to do. You seem to acknowledge that Vow of Poverty is there to avoid the christmas tree effect. Further, you seem to indicate in your OP that the purpose of the other feats is to open up similar options for those of other alignments. With that said, this fix doesn't seem to consider one major thing.

Vow of Poverty was made to replace the benefits that items would otherwise grant you.

With the original vows, the benefits you gain were directly proportional to the size of the penalty you had to face. Vow of poverty made you give up 800k of wealth over 20 levels, plus the power of versatility that wealth can grant through buying, selling, and trading gear. The benefits that it granted had to be huge and had to scale by level by necessity. The next biggest feat, Vow of Peace, granted a +6 bonus to AC, +4 to diplomacy, a calming aura, and a weapon-shattering effect. Again, however, it needed such a benefit because most classes, feats, and abilities are related to combat and vow of peace takes away your right to use around 90% of them. Another vow like vow of purity, meanwhile, didn't need to provide huge bonuses because while it did create a hindrance in certain encounters, it didn't really take away any of your power that it had to make up for.

These fixes, meanwhile, aren't proportional in this way. To be clear, optimizers have done the math in the past and while I've lost the thread with the graphs, I recall that, even without the versatility wealth provides, the raw value of the old Vow of Poverty is less than what WBL grants you by level 20. Even if you opened it to all alignments and removed the prerequisite, the old VoP feat would make you weaker in most campaigns. For this reason, every single other Vow of Poverty alteration I have ever seen was an attempt to make the feat better and more attractive. This fix, on the other hand, actively weakens VoP, making this thing weaker than toughness. Of course, it's possible that magic items are simply incredibly rare in your games and that you play at a much lower power level than most... except we have vow of purity.

Even mixing together the "penalties" of Vow of Abstinance and Vow of Purity, those penalties aren't nearly as severe as they look, especially without the lingering fear of losing those feats forever that the original vows had. Most players retain the full use of their abilities and suffer no penalties at all aside from washing themselves in holy water every one in a while. In return for this non-cost, a single feat that a player can take at 1st level can get a player Lay on Hands, immunity to disease, deathward, good damage reduction, and Sunburst at will by 20th level. While your main goal in this exercise looked to be avoiding the christmas tree effect, this feat STACKS with all of your gear and doesn't stop you from using any equipment besides perhaps hide armor or magical wine. While Vow of Poverty is one of the weakest feats I have ever seen, Vow of Purity is by far one of the strongest, one that any character would be stupid not to collect immediately.

If you really wanted to avoid a christmas tree effect, it would only make sense for you to give each alignment its own vow of poverty. Neutral good characters give their wealth to charity, Lawful good characters give their wealth as a tithe (whether to their church or a feudal lord), Chaotic Evil characters destroy objects and gain power from destruction, and Lawful neutral characters simply eschew wealth and gain power from within. Stuff like that.

Of course, it is possible that I missed some vital text somewhere in these posts, whether stating that the feats were still in production or that the first vow grants access to other vows without using more feat slots or something similar. In fact, I really do hope that is the case and look forward to being corrected. Until then, this is a bit of a confusing point for me. Sorry if I came across as angry or Jerkish above.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-06-02, 08:44 PM
Vow of Poverty [Exalted, Sacred Vow]
General notes first:

You should address holy symbols in some capacity-- if arcane spellcasters can use a spell component pouch, divine casters should be able to have their wooden holy symbol or sprig of holly.
What happened to all the number-boosting stuff? The AC, save, and weapon enhancements?

Ascetic Aspect (I, II, III, IV):
At 1st level, an ascetic character gains a +2 enhancement bonus to one ability score. At 5th, 11th and 15th levels, you may choose another ability score to receive this +2 enhancement bonus. At 5th, 11th and 15th levels, each previously chosen ability score receives a cumulative increase of +2 (+2 at 1st level, +4/+2 at 5th level, +6/+4/+2 at 11th level, +8/+6/+4/+2 at 15th level).
It's an odd progression (why 11?), and it feels like it starts too early.

Graceful:
At 2nd level, the ascetic can act as if continually under the effect of a freedom of movement spell.
A useful bonus, but 2nd is definitely too early for it.

Endure the Elements:
At 3rd level, an ascetic character suffers no harm from being in a hot or cold environment. It can exist comfortably in conditions between –50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit (without having to make Fortitude saves). The ascetic's equipment is likewise protected. Furthermore, the ascetic gains resistance 5 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy. This stacks with any other source of energy resistance gained from another source. At 9th and 17th levels, this energy resistance increases by 5 points each (10 at 9th level and 15 at 17th level).
The endure elements effect is solid, thematic, and maybe necessary, if the GM enforces such rules from the start. The energy resistance, on the other hand, is pretty small, and progresses oddly.

Sustenance (I and II):At 6th level, the ascetic no longer needs to eat and drink to survive. The ascetic still feels the urge to do so and can still consume food and drink with no penalty, but is not required to physically. The ascetic can still benefit from spells/powers and effects that require consuming, such as the heroes' feast spell. At 14th level, the ascetic character doesn't need to breathe and is immune to inhaled poisons, stench, and any other inhaled effect.
The basic effect could stand to come in earlier, I suppose, but no biggie, Survival being what it is.

Clarity of Mind (I and II):
At 8th level, an ascetic character learns to clear its mind of excessive thoughts and feelings. The ascetic becomes immune to detect thoughts, discern lies, and any attempt to discern its alignment. At 18th level, the ascetic's mind becomes completely tranquil and calm, becoming immune to all mind-affecting effects. Also, the ascetic sees things as they actually are, as if under a constant True-Seeing effect.
Nice... but the mind blank and true seeing part comes in way too late.

Regenerative Health:
At 12th level, an ascetic character gains fast healing 2. This stacks with any other source of fast healing the ascetic possesses.
Decent, I suppose, but why can't it scale?

In conclusion... you've weakened a feat that already did not stack up. In exchange for having no magic items, you get... ability score boosts and a few minor resistances. It's gone from being a nasty-but-flavorful nerf to being almost crippling. A druid could maybe still get away with it, but I can't think of many other classes that could.

toapat
2014-06-02, 11:41 PM
That only makes sense if the character is good.

The Exaulted descriptor mandates Good

LordErebus12
2014-06-02, 11:46 PM
Well one feat became three in a way. I still have to flesh them out and rework them.

My job called me in early so i couldnt do anymore to them for the night.