PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Necromancer VS. Necromancer. Battle for the undead.

adriana
2014-06-02, 05:16 PM
I have some questions. Currently I have two zombie dragons, a shadow and red dragon that I animated, plus a shadow that I've rebuked. If I were to face another necro cleric higher level than me could he possible "steal" some of my undead through either rebuke or, if he has the necromancer domain, via command undead?

Fable Wright
2014-06-02, 05:35 PM
I have some questions. Currently I have two zombie dragons, a shadow and red dragon that I animated, plus a shadow that I've rebuked. If I were to face another necro cleric higher level than me could he possible "steal" some of my undead through either rebuke or, if he has the necromancer domain, via command undead?
Yes. Let's look at what the SRD has to say on the matter:

Multiple Mental Control Effects
Sometimes magical effects that establish mental control render each other irrelevant, such as a spell that removes the subjects ability to act. Mental controls that don’t remove the recipient’s ability to act usually do not interfere with each other. If a creature is under the mental control of two or more creatures, it tends to obey each to the best of its ability, and to the extent of the control each effect allows. If the controlled creature receives conflicting orders simultaneously, the competing controllers must make opposed Charisma checks to determine which one the creature obeys.
In other words, if you're worried about it, get a Circlet of Persuasion.

adriana
2014-06-02, 05:40 PM
I thought so. Thanks for the quick reply. :smallbiggrin: We may face a necro cleric 5 levels higher as a boss and I was interested in how this might affect my minions.