PDA

View Full Version : Rebuke Anything (for a large price)

Fouredged Sword
2014-06-02, 05:17 PM
The fire domain lets you rebuke anything with the fire subtype.

The spell Mantle of the Firey Spirit lets you give anything the fire subtype.

What is the best monster to use this combo on? I think this idea becomes viable around level 10-12 when you can afford a scroll of MoFS, and you can control a creature up to your HD this way.

I am thinking of a negative level drained (drain half the levels) succubus fiend of possession to act as a self buff. You can net one up to your HD and have it possess you for all the goodies that involves.

Curmudgeon
2014-06-02, 06:49 PM
So you want your Cleric to go up to touch range of a monster to deliver a 9th level spell, just so you can get a chance to rebuke, command, or bolster that creature once it has the fire subtype?

:confused:

deuxhero
2014-06-02, 07:00 PM
More than enough ways for a cleric to disable something to set it up. Not many ways to permanently gain control over creatures.

cosmonuts
2014-06-02, 07:07 PM
So you want your Cleric to go up to touch range of a monster to deliver a 9th level spell, just so you can get a chance to rebuke, command, or bolster that creature once it has the fire subtype?

:confused:

It's to show the cleric's tier 1 dominance.

"Yeah, I could use a ninth level spell, but..."

More than enough ways for a cleric to disable something to set it up. Not many ways to permanently gain control over creatures.

Oh, right, I forget clerics can do that.