PDA

View Full Version : Mafia 2: mass intrigue (closed)

Pages : [1] 2

InaVegt
2007-02-19, 11:20 AM
In your village almost everyone is a member of a group, and those who aren't are probably starting their own soon. However, not all of these groups want the best for the village. In fact, there are at least two mafia families, and they wish to rule your town.

Welcome to the recruitment of mafia 2, this is a slightly modified form of the original mafia, but do not worry: everything will be explained in here.

As stated in the prologue almost everyone is part of a group, with one exception, and that even changes depending on how you look upon it.
The groups
The masons (2 groups)
There are two groups of masons in your village, while they have nothing against eachother they do not know eachothers members. They are the red copper ring masons and the yellow copper ring masons. One of them has the seer, and the other the fool, all other members are called masons. They can be recognised by the ring they have (only after death), the masons aren't told if their seer is the real one or the fool.
The hospital staff
The hospital staff, as the name implies, work in the hospital. They have the doctor, the psychiatrist, the quack and the nurses (common staff). They can be recognised by their keys of the hospital (only after death)
The police force
The police force tries their best to find the criminals and protect the village. They have the cop, the crazy cop, the CSI and the boys in blue (common coppers). Coppers can be recognised by their police badges.
The cult
The sect wishes to rule the village, recruiting new members as they go. People recruited into the vult have their winning condition changed to make sure the cult becomes the last group to survive. They only have one starting member: the cult leader. Members of the cult can be recognised by their key to the cult's temple.
The gamers
The gamers might not be the most powerfull members of the village, but they don't want to see their village fall in the hands of the mafia, or the cult. Every single member of the gamers is a gamer. Gamers can be recognised by the dice they've got in their pockets.
The judges
The judges might not seem all that powerfull, but their votes count for two on lynch days. They all are judges and can be recognised by their judges hammers.
The murderous family (AKA the mustachios)
This mafia family doesn't like the other mafia family at all, in fact they hate them. They've got their own godfather (don mustachio), a liquidator and a couple of other mustachios. They can be recognised by their guns.
The smart family (AKA the corliones)
This mafia family dislikes using brute force, instead they use their brains. While they don't like the mustachios they just try to avoid them, instead of killing them. They've got their own godfather (don corlione), the mole and a couple of other corliones.
The roles
The seer: The seer can scry someone every night, telling the seer to which organisation the target belongs. Only tells you someone is part of a cult if that someone is the cult leader. Part of one of the mason groups. Sane.
The fool: Gets a random result of a group, if they try to scry someone. Is told he is the seer. Part of the mason group the seer isn't part of. Crazy.
Mason: Is in a mason group. Same mental state as their seer/fool
Doctor: Can protect someone every night (cannot be killed during that night), part of the hospital staff. Sane.
Quack: Is told he is the doctor, isn't. Part of the hospital staff. Sane.
Psychiatrist: Can scry someone every night, gets a (true) result of sane or insane. Sane
Nurse: Member of the hospital staff. Sane.
Cop: Can scry someone for a (true) result of guilty or innocent (mafiosi and the cult leader are guilty, others are innocent). Sane
Crazy cop: Is told he is the cop. Gets a random result of guilty or innocent as an answer to his scries. Crazy
CSI: Gets told which kills are the responsibility of which family. Sane
Boy in blue: Member of the police force. Crazy.
The cult leader: Can recruit someone into the cult every night. Crazy
Gamer: A member of the gamers. Crazy.
Judge: Gets two votes for the purpose of lynchings. Member of the judges. Sane.
Godfather: Seems innocent to they eyes of the cop, while a mason to the eyes of the seer and mole. same mental state as their peers.
Liquidator: Gets to try and kill someone every night, if this target is a member of the Corliones he is killed. Crazy
Mustachio: Member of the murderous family. Crazy
Mole: Is the seer of the smart family. Sane
Corlione: Member of the smart family. Sane

I'd like a co narrator for this game.

Castaras
2007-02-19, 11:24 AM
Sign me up to play, please.

Joosbawx
2007-02-19, 12:17 PM
(( Last Update: 3-21-2007 @ 3:45pm Central (US) ))

Game Roster: (4)
--------------------
Captain van der Decken
Eldritch Knight
Kyrian
Space-Is-Curved

Obituaries:
------------
Gnome Barbarian
- lynched: Day 1
- CSI

Atreyu the Masked LLama
- killed/converted: Night 1
- Judge, Cult Member

Castaras
- lynched: Day 2
- Corlione Family Member (Mafia)

Exachix
- killed: Night 2
- Psychiatrist

Heretic
- lynched: Day 3
- Doctor

Shadow
- killed: Night 3
- Gamer

Lucky
- lynched: Day 4
- Mustachio Family Member (Mafia)

Selrahc
- killed: Night 4
- Police Office, Cop?

Death, your friend, the Reaper
- killed: Night 4
- Gamer

Cult of the Raven
- lynched: Day 5
- Corlione Family Mole (Mafia)

Alarra
- killed: Night 5
- Cult Leader

Krursk
- lynched: Day 6
- Police - Crazy Cop

DarkLightDragon
- lynched (auto): Day 6
- Gamer

inky13112
- killed: Night 6
- Red Ring Mason and Seer

Meynolds
- lynched: Day 7
- Judge

Helgraf
- killed: Night 7
- Red Ring Mason

InaVegt
2007-02-19, 12:21 PM
Hey, I'll co-narrate if you're still looking. =)
Sure, Would you be so kind as to do the nights, while I do the days.

Meynolds
2007-02-19, 12:29 PM
I'd like to play, if I can.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-19, 12:51 PM
ooooooh, I want in again. I'll try to keep my mouth shut this time. Gah...all this not dying is wearing me out.

Joosbawx
2007-02-19, 01:11 PM
((Post edited to make room for list of current players on first page))

Exachix
2007-02-19, 03:58 PM
*Pounce*

I wanna be a panther! Oh wait, wrong stall. This isn't face painting is it?

Anyway... I'll join in! For no reason other than to give Llama someone to point at!

Space-Is-Curved
2007-02-19, 04:57 PM
Oooh Oooh!!!

I WANT IN!!! :smallsmile:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-19, 05:02 PM
*Pounce*

I wanna be a panther! Oh wait, wrong stall. This isn't face painting is it?

Anyway... I'll join in! For no reason other than to give Llama someone to point at!

Yay! *hugs*

Alarra
2007-02-19, 05:10 PM
Count me in.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-02-19, 05:15 PM
Sure, Gez, I'll do the nights, no problem. I mostly pay attention to the site at work, so most nights will need to be end somewhere between 7am - 4pm Central Time (GMT -6), if that works for you. Or I can just be certain to update this thread from home, which won't be a hardship, either.

If Joos is in, I am to.

Krursk
2007-02-19, 05:21 PM
Yeah, but Joos is a narrator. Oh, and I'm in

inky13112
2007-02-19, 06:18 PM
I am in. oo I hope I'm the cult leader.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-02-19, 09:36 PM
oo! count me in please! this sounds oh so fun!

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 09:45 PM
I'd like to try this one again.

Lucky
2007-02-19, 09:47 PM
I may or may not be destined to be a first-night kill, but I might as well find out.

In.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-19, 10:05 PM
I'm in. I hope I get a better role than what I have in the last game...

Selrahc
2007-02-20, 09:01 AM
In.

LEts see if I get to be in a group this time....

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-20, 09:30 AM
I'll join. Hopefully noone is as stupid as they are being in the first game at the moment -.-

InaVegt
2007-02-20, 09:32 AM
In.

LEts see if I get to be in a group this time....
The pint is kinda that everyone is in one, though you might count the sect leader as being in no group originally he still gains a group

Gnome Barbarian
2007-02-20, 11:03 AM
Ill defintly join in

Joosbawx
2007-02-20, 11:29 AM
Excellent response so far. I can't wait to write for this.

InaVegt
2007-02-21, 07:04 AM
Castaras
Meynolds
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Exachix
Space-Is-Curved
Alarra
Krursk
inky13112
Cult_of_the_Raven
Kyrian
Lucky
Eldritch Knight
Selrahc
DarkLightDragon
Gnome Barbarian

Current list of players

Shadow
2007-02-22, 01:24 AM
Holy Gigantic Mass Chaos for me to overanalize!
IN!
One question. With this many different groups, I'm assuming that each has different rules on how they win?

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-22, 04:46 AM
In, I guess.

All hail the Blue Serpent!

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-22, 04:48 AM
In, I guess. >:] 4TH DEGREE!

InaVegt
2007-02-22, 05:00 AM
One question. With this many different groups, I'm assuming that each has different rules on how they win?
The mafia families each win if they're the last to survive (the other mafia family must be dead as well)
The sect is basically a mafia family without night kills
The other groups win as soon as the mafia is gone, as well as the cult leader (They don't nessecarily hate the cult, they just don't want to be recruited into it)

heretic
2007-02-22, 01:23 PM
I'm in.

One question though:

What does Sane/Insane mean? (haven't played one of these before, but have skimmed earlier threads for basics)

InaVegt
2007-02-22, 01:32 PM
I'm in.

One question though:

What does Sane/Insane mean? (haven't played one of these before, but have skimmed earlier threads for basics)
Nothing much, but the psychiatrist can determine whether you are sane or crazy.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-22, 01:42 PM
How does the Sect recruit?

InaVegt
2007-02-22, 01:54 PM
How does the Sect recruit?
Every night the sect leader recruits someone, who becomes a member of the sect in addition to his original group. He becomes loyal to the sect, even though he's still a member of it.

Helgraf
2007-02-22, 02:00 PM
This sounds just horribly enough complicated to be fun. Sign me up?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-22, 03:07 PM
Wooo hooooo! So...when do we start?

Castaras
2007-02-22, 03:08 PM
Soon I think...the old game just finished.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-22, 03:09 PM
yeah.....it was tragic. lousy mafia. Hate you all!

but very well played.

InaVegt
2007-02-22, 03:11 PM
Recruitment closed, please wait till later news

Castaras
2007-02-22, 03:12 PM
How were they lousy when they won? Just asking. :smallwink:

Can't wait can't wait can't wait for the further news.

Meynolds
2007-02-22, 03:13 PM
Lousy from Llama's view, he was killed and made into a coat after all...
Nothing to see here.
Was it a really soft coat?

heretic
2007-02-22, 03:13 PM
Wow, I barely got in.

Looks like fun. Good luck everyone!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-22, 03:20 PM
Because they didn't keep the llama coat. That's why they're lousy. It hurt my poor dead feelings. And yes, it was very soft.

ooooh, I wanna be a gamer! I'm a 10th level vice president!

Castaras
2007-02-22, 03:23 PM
I'm a fifteenth level lawyer...fear me! Fear me, I tell you!
Blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah.
I don't care what I am...Nope nothing special hidden here. Blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah di blah.
...as long as I have fun. :smallbiggrin:

Exachix
2007-02-22, 03:32 PM
ooooh, I wanna be a gamer! I'm a 10th level vice president!

You will never be a true gamer!

lv 105/AI lv 3 Opifex Fixer on Atlantean! >=P.
Lv.... 3summit Martial Artist on testlive! >=P.

Plus a load of other things on other games =).

InaVegt
2007-02-22, 04:06 PM
Current player list

Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Cult_of_the_Raven
DarkLightDragon
Eldritch Knight
Exachix
Gnome Barbarian
Helgraf
Heretic
inky13112
Krursk
Kyrian
Lucky
Meynolds
Selrahc
Shadow
Space-Is-Curved

20 total

please wait for updates by either me or Joosbawx

InaVegt
2007-02-23, 10:30 AM
Roles have been assigned, the players will get their PMs sometime during the next 24 hours.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-23, 10:33 AM
Gets out my dice, my stethoscope, my black cult robe, and my stuffed horse version of Binky. Now which one will I need?

InaVegt
2007-02-23, 11:06 AM
I forgot to mention, due to the small amount of players we decided it would be unfair to keep the godfathers, as such there aren't any.

Castaras
2007-02-23, 11:42 AM
Sounds like fun, g'luck all.

Joosbawx
2007-02-23, 01:38 PM
All PM's have been sent. If you did *not* receive a PM, please sen done to myself or Gezina, or both. All players *should* have received a message from one of the narrators. Thanks!

Gezina is in charge of the days, which means all players with abilities and Mafia Families send their PMs to Joosbawx each game night.

Castaras
2007-02-23, 01:48 PM
So are we starting with day or night?

heretic
2007-02-23, 01:51 PM
*shifty eyes*

I don't trust any of you...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-23, 02:21 PM
It was a new city, a new identity and a new start. It was all I could ask for but it was all I wanted. I had fled from the last town in shame. The pictures were everywhere, the headlines burned into my mind. "Neighborhood llama spits on mayor's daughter!" "Birthday Party Disaster" "Assassination Attempt Failed!"

I fled the city in shame. No one would listen. No one wanted to listen. They all saw the pictures of the 8 year old girl crying, with llama spit running down her face; no one had an pictures of the brat trying to swing from my tail 4 seconds ago. It was instinctive reaction to an attack and it was justified, too. I haven't been able to wag since then. Going to the mayor didn't help. I asked for payment for an operation from the vet, he threatens to sue me for emotional damages. The world wasn't fair and he'd spun it so well that I was the bad guy and he was probably going to use it to get re-elected. So I tried going elsewhere, but the story followed me. People recognized me. They hid their children from me, they shunned me. I was a pariah, so I took some desperate measures.

Now, $2,500 later, I was dead broke, a costume maker in Haddonfield was buying a new big screen TV, but it was okay. No one would recognize me now and I'd build a new life in this town. I just have to remember, I'm not a llama.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/duck1.gif
QUACK!

Castaras
2007-02-23, 02:23 PM
(( * Roars with laughter at new avatar! *

Made my little brother look oddly at me, I guess that pays back for the kitten. ))

Shadow
2007-02-23, 06:11 PM
There's far too many different things going on in this game for y overanalytical nature.
My head will explode by the end of this game!

InaVegt
2007-02-23, 06:20 PM
An NPC villager was making a walk through the village when he found a body, the body was heavily mutilated and unidentifiable but the gold marriage ring was clearly visible, stuck under it was a note. "This town is ours, as we are the mustachios" Just to be sure to know which one it is you checked the inside of the ring, which said: "Forever yours, XXX Joos X. Baw" When you went to Joosbawx and Gezina's home to inform him he didn't open the door, a woman called from the other side saying the yard door was open. When you entered the house you find Joosbawx body, cleanly killed with a shot in between his eyes. In the table there is another note. "We, the Corliones, would like to inform you this village will soon be under our complete control."

Day ends sunday the 25th, 9 PM Central European Time.

((Quotes of PM's send by Joosbawx, sadly he forgot to inform you about your team members, please bug him about it, not me. Send your night PMs to him, but don't forget to include me just in case.))

Your role is:

X Ring Mason
---------------
You are a member of one of two mason groups in the City. Your role is to ferret out the Mafia and protect the City and your fellow X Masonic Brothers...but not necessarily in that order.

X Masons Include:
-------------------

Additionally, your group contains the Seer who has the ability to ‘scry’ on one 'villager/citizen' each night. Please PM your scrying target to Joosbawx for each game night.

X Ring Mason Seer:
Your role is:

Doctor - Hospital Staff

You are a member of the Hospital Staff, and have the responsibility to protect a citizen each night from harm. Be careful! You don't want the Mafia to find you, and you don't want to protect the wrong person, either!

PM your protection target to Joosbawx each game night.
Your role is:

Psychiatrist - Hospital Staff

You are a member of the Hospital Staff, and have the ability to discern the insane from the sane. Use your ability wisely to separate the pretenders from the real thing.

PM your diagnosis target to Joosbawx each game night.
Your role is:

CSI - Police Force

You are a member of the City Police, and your job is to protect the City from the two warring Mafia families
trying to take control. You have the ability, through science and investigation, to determine which Family...the Corlione's or the Mustachio's...are responsible for which murders. Use your information wisely to find and bring the Mafia to justice!

You will be informed via PM from Joosbawx after each night which Mafia family is responsible for which killing.
Cop - Police Force

You are a proud member of the City Police Force. You're driving goal is to bring the Mafia families to Justice. Through your wits and investigative prowess, you have the ability to figure out if anyone is 'innocent' or 'guilty'.

PM your investigation target to Joosbawx each game night.
Your role is:

Cult Leader

You've discovered the True Path to Happiness, and you want to share your message with everyone...if only they'd listen. You have the ability to recruit new members into your flock each night, thereby increasing your base of support and building a network of follows that can trust one another. As long as you all stick together and follow the tenets of the True Path to Happiness you can overcome anything. Your group wins if you (Cult Leader) are alive at the end of the game.

PM your new recruit to Joosbawx each game night.
Your role is:

Gamer

You are a gamer. You and your friends have seen enough television and played enough games to know exactly what is going down in the City. Unfortunately, due to your...eccentricities...not many people believe you. Your enemies? The two Mafia Families and the growing population of the Cult. You goal is to eliminate the two Mafia Families and the Cult before the end of the game by building a network of people you can trust.

Gamers Include:
Your role is:

Judge

Your job is to uphold the Law of the City and be an example of Justice to the average citizen...however, that doesn't mean that you cannot be swayed from time to time, if the price is right. Your influence allows your voice to be counted as two votes when the City decided on whom to lynch each day. Will you use your power and influence for good...or for eeeeeeeeevil?
Your role is:

Mustachio Family - Mafia

Yuo want control of this City, and you're willing to step on whomever gets in your way to do it. You're muscling in, and nobody can stop you...especially those blasted Corlione's!

Each night you pick off another member of the City, until you've taken over for yourselves. You win once the total population of the City is equal to that of your Family.

Additionally, you have a Liquidator on your side. This family member makes an additional kill each evening on their own.

Mustachio Liquidator:
Your role is:

Corlione Family - Mafia

You want control of this City, and you're willing to do whatever it takes to assume control. You're blood feud between you and the Mustachio's is in the way, and they must be eliminated before you can achieve utter control of the City, but your Family is as Smart as the Mustachio's are blood-thirsty.

Each night you pick off another member of the City, until you've taken over for yourselves. You win once the total population of the City is equal to that of your Family.

Additionally, you have a Mole that has access to information on almost anyone in the City. Each night, the Mole can dig up the background of any citizen and report to the Family. PM your Mole target to Joosbawx each game night.

Corlione Mole:

heretic
2007-02-23, 07:11 PM
heretic gasps at the body. "Dear God!"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 02:02 AM
*The news reached my ears really in the morning. A mob war had broken out. Just what I needed as I was trying to establish myself in a new town. Mom always told me the Chinese had the same word for trouble as opporunity. Turns out she lied about that, but maybe that wasn't too far from the truth. If I could help rid this town of the mafia, then hopefully they'd accept me as I was, and not as some silly water fowl. I looked around at all the passing citizens. Who were these people and which ones were the mafia?

Exachix
2007-02-24, 02:23 AM
Exachix hmms and looks around, humming, wondering what could be happening, who could be in the wrong, and How it would be solved.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 03:07 AM
The kitten looks up.

Mrrp?

It totters over to the body and nudges it gently with its nose.

Mrrp? MreeeeoW!

It then sits, and complains bitterly.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 10:56 AM
This was bad, really bad. It was almost as torturous as being forced to watch an "Air Bud" marathon. The majority of the village was either in hiding, waiting for something to happen, or simply sleeping in on Saturday. I examined the clues I had, which weren't many, and weighed my options. We couldn't just sit back and let the mafias take over this town. We had to try to sniff them out. It wasn't an entirely uneducated guess, I had made some friends that I trusted, so I could rule them out. That only left 90% of the city. *The llama points at Castaras only because he is only and can despute my claim, then I'll point at Exachix and he can dispute my claim, then I'll point at Captian Van Der Decken, just so this game will start moving.

*I trotted up to the little kitten. Gah. I'm gonna need to reemmber to waddle, if I want this to work.

"Hello little kitty. I know that all cats seek power above all else, but have you aligned yourself with an evil organization known as the mafia in order to achieve your goals? Meow once for yes and twice for no."

Castaras
2007-02-24, 10:58 AM
Mew mew.

It reaches up a paw and points at the llama, since it can't see anyone else. It then puts the paw back down, and demands to be fed.

(( This is going to be fun... :smallbiggrin: ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 11:24 AM
Well, its not the most logical defense, but who can argue with those eyes. "Sorry kitten, but I'm just a duck. You need to find a bi-ped to feed you."

*he moves out of the kittens P.o.V. and waddles over to Exachix.* "How about you? I know that your kind are known for cunning. Are you using that power for evil in the mafia? How about that cult? Have you found true happiness? ......QUACK!"

*The "duck" points at Exachix*

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:26 AM
The kitten mews sadly. It then totters over to the lla...duck and stares at it.

Exachix
2007-02-24, 11:37 AM
Exachix blinks and looks at the Lluck.

"What?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 11:42 AM
"We're trying to find members of the mafia. Well, I am. I think the kitten's just looking for food. I figure the best way is to question people and watch their eyes. So, I must ask you again, "Are you a member of the mafia?" *he says, adjusting his bill*

Exachix
2007-02-24, 11:44 AM
Exachix blinks.

"No... how about you?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 11:51 AM
"nope. I'm not a ll...lousy mafia member."

"But I believe you, but I'm not sure about my little friend. What do you think, kitten?"

*The llama bends down and grabs the kitten by the scruff of the neck, holding up to eye level with Exachix*

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:52 AM
Mew. The kitten comments. It purrs loudly at Exachix.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 12:00 PM
"I thunk thit mans she beweaves you." *quacks the llama, muffled through the kitten.* "lets ask someone else. You do the talking this time." They walk up to Cult of the Raven.*

Exachix
2007-02-24, 12:01 PM
Exachix sighs.

"What a strange world."

Castaras
2007-02-24, 12:01 PM
Mreow, meow meow? The kitten inquires, looking up at cult of raven.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-02-24, 01:06 PM
umm. okay, little kitten. she bends down and pets it. you're safe with me.

Shadow
2007-02-24, 02:51 PM
"Cult's trying to kidnap the cute little kitten!
Does that sound likesomething that a mafioso would do?
Simply put, yes!"

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-02-24, 02:58 PM
hey! I'm just trying to comfort the thing! quiet! (poor kitty. you need to be touched, don't you. yes you do.) sticks tongue out at shadow. see, she likes me.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-24, 03:55 PM
(okay, this has been fun, but we do need to start pointing soon, sigh.)

*The llama points at himself* (My logic is this. Its someone who has played the game often and usually goes until late. So on the off chance that he's lynched today, at least I haven't robbed a newbie of a chance to enjoy the game. That's it. I despise day one.)

Castaras
2007-02-24, 03:56 PM
The kitten mews sadly. It then stalks off to find something to eat.

Exachix
2007-02-24, 04:02 PM
Exachix hmms, wondering what to do. The lluck pointing to itself didn't help matters =P...

He points at kitten

"It has to be evil. It has the cuteness feat!"

But then... He changes.

And Points to Cult_of_the_Raven!

"Let's get this 'cult' out of the way."

Castaras
2007-02-24, 04:04 PM
The kitten mews a question at Exachix.

Exachix
2007-02-24, 04:07 PM
Exachix smiles.

"No food here."

Castaras
2007-02-24, 04:12 PM
Mreeoooow?

{feline}Why Cult_of_raven?

It mews again, and does some more random pointing, at the "Duck"/llama.

Shadow
2007-02-24, 04:32 PM
Silas Hadow then, across the street, sees a certain uncivilized Gnome in a fedora and wingtips. He crosses the street, smacks the barbarian in the back of the head and takes his hat and shoes back. After putting them on he stuffs a "PRESS" card into the band of the hat and pulls out a notebook and pen.
"My Editor's gonna LOVE this! I'll get the scoop of the century with this story!"
He then raises a pointed finger at Gnome Barbarian and says "This is for stealing my Fedora and Wingtips!"

Castaras
2007-02-24, 04:34 PM
The kitten looks at Shadow, not wanting to point at the nice llama, and points at Gnome Barbarian.

Meynolds
2007-02-24, 04:44 PM
Meynolds works his way through the town, hearing about the stolen fedora and wingtips, and procedes to point at Gnome Barbarian besides, the Llama... I mean Duck... is too nice to point at.

Selrahc
2007-02-24, 04:53 PM
First day bandwagon. Best way to kickstart the game.

Sucks to be Gnome Barabrian though.

*Points at Gnome Barbarian*

Exachix
2007-02-24, 05:17 PM
Exachix joins the bandwagon after a sigh and "Points to Gnome Barbarian."

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-24, 05:28 PM
First day bandwagon. Best way to kickstart the game.

Sucks to be Gnome Barabrian though.

What can I say? This man is right.

*Points at Gnome Barbarian*

Kyrian
2007-02-24, 10:39 PM
Can't argue day one bandwagon logic. Points at Gnome Barbarian.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-24, 11:07 PM
Ooo... bandwagon!

*DLD points at Gnome Barbarian*

Helgraf
2007-02-25, 01:15 AM
Well 'ell. Might as well get the boulder rolling early.

* Helgraf points at Gnome Barbarian *

Shadow
2007-02-25, 01:47 AM
S. Hadow looks a bit startled at the growing group of people that are now pointing at Gnome Barbarian. He drops his finger in order to get a better grip on his notepad.
My editor is gonna kill me! I'm supposed to be covering the stories, not instigating the stories.
Shadow walks up to Gnome Barbarian, shoving his way through the growing crowd.
"Sir! Sir! A moment of your time, please! There are rumors about you being the head of a massive organized crime syndicate. Is there any truth to these allegations? What would you say to quell your would be accusers? What would you say to the simple folk of this wonderful city to appease thier calls for justice? A single quote, I beg you. We can still make the evening edition. Your voice can still be heard, sir!"
Silas looks expectantly to the gnome for a response, pen ready....

Castaras
2007-02-25, 07:55 AM
The kitten mews, and trots off to find something to eat.

InaVegt
2007-02-25, 02:45 PM
Gnome barbarian doesn't really protest as he's brought to the gallows. He dies with a satisfying knack as he's hung. As you look through his posessions you see a badge: "Officer G. Barbarian, primary Crime Scene Investigator".

Gnome barbarian, the CSI has been lynched.

Exachix
2007-02-25, 02:55 PM
Exachix sighs and heads to bed. Wondering what will meet them this night.

Castaras
2007-02-25, 02:58 PM
The kitten mews and curls up, going to sleep.

Shadow
2007-02-25, 03:11 PM
When the evening edition is released the headline reads....

Harmless Joke Leads to the Death of an Officer

With the recent arrival of two different mob families in town, the citizens are all on edge. Tensions run high within the blue collar working class families in the city.
This afternoon an angry mob unleashed it's wrath upon an unsuspecting undercover officer. What began as a joke quickly turned bloody when officer G. Barbarian, Primary Crime Scene Investigator, was brutally attacked by villagers believing him to be the head of one of the Organized Crime Families.
When asked for comment as to the truth of these allegations Officer Barbarian had no comment.
Ater the unruly mob had finished it's nasty work interviews yielded comments ranging from "He should have just given the hat and shoes back earlier" to "Mroeew."
Expanded story will arrive in the morning edition.

Castaras
2007-02-25, 03:20 PM
After the unruly mob had finished it's nasty work interviews yielded comments ranging from "He should have just given the hat and shoes back earlier" to "Mroeew." Expanded story will arrive in the morning edition.
The kitten reads the newspaper.

Meow, meow mew, meoooooow!
{feline} I thought this newspaper kept its language clean!

heretic
2007-02-25, 04:33 PM
The heretic wakes, up and reads the paper. "Damnation, missed the lynching!"

Selrahc
2007-02-25, 04:46 PM
Ooooh. That sucks. Badly.

Alarra
2007-02-25, 11:16 PM
(Man, you all are mean...pointing at someone who's on vacation and can't even defend themselves....poor gnome barbarian...)

Shadow
2007-02-26, 12:38 AM
((I did it as a joke. A random point for day one. I didn't think people would change thier votes to join me. Heck.... I didn't think anyone would join me at all! That's why I took my finger off of him when it started snowballing. I feel like a jerk!))

Joosbawx
2007-02-26, 08:17 AM
((Sorry for the delay. My T1 at home went down because of weather issues and I didn't have access to internet over the weekend. Will have the night updated ASAP, or post deadline for those that have night actions once I can check PMs.))

Update:

All night moves are due today by 2pm, Central Standard (US)...which is 8pm GMT. Any moves not made are forfeit, and game will continue.

Re-Update:

I will extend the hours until 4pm, at which time the polls are closed and the night will end. Those of you who have not responded know who you are.

Joosbawx
2007-02-26, 03:04 PM
Also, bump.

Castaras
2007-02-26, 03:05 PM
The kitten curls up and goes to sleep, sheltering under the newspaper.

Joosbawx
2007-02-26, 06:10 PM
Nighttime in the city. People moving to and fro in their normal routines while the less lustrous population tends to their whims for entertainment, industry, and sustenance. Sometimes, when you least expect it, the City can reach out to you and make you one of its own, a citizen, a friend...whether you've come from cornfields and pole barns or upstate and ivy league...everyone gets their chance. Tonight, that chance belonged to a certain Llama who was looking for a fresh start. Too bad that fresh start wasn't for him, but for a certain shadowed group bent on malevolent destruction and strong-arm intimidation. And greasy french fries loaded with trans-fats.

There was screaming, and their was screeching of tires. There was yelling, and babies crying, and frantic calls to 911 fill with the half-finished sentences and hysterics of innocent bystanders turned unwilling witnesses by virtue of Lady Luck an her fickle wheel o' chance. There was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth...but in the end there was ultimately a Llama...or what used to be a Llama..and a duck suit...and an 'Ask Me About My Cult' lapel button...and an indoctrination newsletter...and a half-ground corpse in the back of McDonald's surrounded by flashing lights and yellow 'Crime Scene - Do Not Cross' tape. And it all combined to make one helluva headline, and one helluva fresh start for a young Llama trying to escape his past in the Big City. Sometimes...and they don't print this in the glossy posters behinds scratched plexiglass in bus terminals...the bright lights of the City create shadows, and for every small town kid that comes to make a name for themselves, there are five or six dozen that get lost in the muddy back alleys and dilapidated projects that lurk in the background of those glossy panoramas of promise and dreams.

((Llama, the Judge, was approached by the Cult and subsequently killed by what appears to be more than one aggressor. Popularity kills.))

Day begins now.

Alarra
2007-02-26, 06:14 PM
(Oh man....everyone picked the llama....that's hilarious...I mean, I love you llama, but wow...just wow.)

(Oh...also...would it be possible to get a list of who's playing, and who's still alive added to the first post?)

Alarra pauses in her process of tearing strips of newsprint to line her bird cage, when the picture of a llama turned duck catches her eye. "Aww...poor thing. But, I suppose, dressed like that, one couldn't help but draw attention to themselves."

Shadow
2007-02-26, 06:31 PM
A young boy in gray suspenders selling newspapers for a nickle a piece continues yelling out "Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get your copy of the morning edition hot off the presses!"

Mobsters not putting up with Funny Business

The two warring mob families in the city decided to show the citizens that they were not playing around. To send a message intended to keep the population from thinking that thier arrival in town was a joke of some sort, the two families joined forces for one single night in order to slaughter a new arrival in town that was quickly gaining in popularity.
The Llama known as Atreyu that paraded around town in an amusing duck suit was adored by children and adults alike. Unfortunately for the Llama the crime syndicates in the city were not so amused.
After purchasing a Happy Meal from the local McDonalds in an attempt at gaining a red spinny top, the Llama was attacked by what witnesses described as "a group of white suited men and a group of black suited men."
Just prior to the attack an unknown figure in a dark trench coat was seen whispering into the ear of the Llama before disappearing into the adjacent alleyway. The identity of the both the assailants and the unknown figure remain a mystery.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-26, 06:40 PM
((Ouch. What are the odds of that happening? It's rather amusing, (morbidly) but what are the odds of that happening?))

I suspect that it was more of a coincidence that both families went after this innocent Llama, then anything else. Time will tell who will have control, Time will tell.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-26, 06:57 PM
(SHOCK!

I....I ............wow......umm.........wow.............. ..)

(Great post though, Joosbawx!)

heretic
2007-02-26, 07:53 PM
"My...my head! A Llama in a duck suit! A dead Llama in a duck suit! This neighborhood is getting far too dangerous!"

inky13112
2007-02-26, 08:04 PM
((Hmm the Joosbawx/Llama style of posting looks fun, I think I'll try it)

I read the newspaper in growing shock, the Llama had been attacked by three different groups? There was only one term for that. Owned. It looked like things were going to get nasty, and the only way I was going to help put a stop to it was to head for the scene of the crime, McDonalds.

I ordered a quick McMuffin before heading around back. When your at McDonalds, order a McMuffin had always been my philosophy, and this wasn't going to change just because some wackos thought they could push our town around. I slowly considered the various suspects, all those who had voted to kill off Mr. Barbarian were suspect, but it dawned on me that I really had no idea who had done these horrible murders. The suspect list could be anyone, including myself. One had to consider all possibilities in things like this, and that included the chance of me having alternate personalities.

As I slowly looked at myself I asked, Just where were you last night? The reply came shakily, this was getting more and more suspicious I.. I was at my house... asleep.. I swear its true! Can anyone corroborate that story? No.. I was alone.. please don't kill me! The reply had been more and more suspicious and he seemed much too defensive, I had no choice but to point at myself unless he could come up with some decent evidence of his innocence.

I slowly looked on at the finger raised against me just as the fear causing a knot in my throat rose in me. How could i convince this person I was innocent? The answer was starkly bleak. I couldn't. There was another option though. I could silence him. Just as I began to reach into my cloak for the old Walther P99 I always kept there before realizing shooting him would make me as bad as he claimed. Instead I had to do the same as he did. I slowly raised my finger to Point at myself. He couldn't get me killed if I got rid of him first.

It looked as if the treacherous fiend was trying to get ME killed. I angrily growled, You point that somewhere else! As I shoved the hand away. It looked like he wanted an old style brawl. Well so be it then. I swung a hard right hook at him, hoping to catch him off his guard while he was still pushing my hand away. But as if he could read my thoughts he parried easily. I growled Don't touch me you rat bastard! as it quickly descended into a full scale fight.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-26, 08:07 PM
((Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Well done Inky!))

Joosbawx
2007-02-26, 09:11 PM
((Wow...I'm loving the Noir...thick as the smoke in an old basement gin joint where women of every social scale drink clear, room temperature liquid from white coffee cups with their pinkies out just like their grandmother's had taught them, though none of them knew why, just that was how one carried themselves when drinking from coffee cups in public; despite the fact that half the women their would never acknowledge each other outside the greasy back room, steel doored club where the only thing that granted you status was knowledge of the weekend's password and a hemline to match the moral ambiguity of the standard patron.

LLama, sorry to see you go, and wish I'd had more time to put together a scene for you. I enjoyed your posts and was sad to see you offed so quickly. Maybe your ghost could hang around and keep us company? though I expect this game to move along fairly quickly. A couple weeks...at the very outside.

Inky...I love your style! Keep it up!

Shadow, I like the newspaper idea so much I'm kicking myself for not having thought of it first. Oh man...wait until Mafia 3, which I hereby lay claim to narrating...I hope, as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by doing so.))

Shadow
2007-02-26, 10:07 PM
Waking up this morning was a chore for Silas Hadow. Having drowned himself in bathtub gin in celebration of his promotion to field reporter seemed like a grand idea last night. His pounding head disagreed this morning.
After a long pause in the bathroom S. Hadow made his way immediately to the kitchen this morning or is it afternoon already? and poured himself a red-eye. Hair o the dog, just like my pa always said.
He settled in at the small table in the kitchen. The table had only a single chair, that being all the ex-wife had left him. He opened the paper to bask in the feeling of actually being important. Finally. He'd begun to make a name for himself. That'll show the wench!
About half-way through his prized article, however, Silas became outraged and began screaming into the emptyness.
"That Sonuva.... That's not what I wrote! That Sugar Coating Sonuva....
The red-eye exploded againt the wall like the bloody mess that Silas had reported about the previous night. When the string of profanities escaping his mouth had finally run thier course, Silas slowly began to calm himself. I'll show those bastards. Tell me it's perfect and then change the whole damn thing. I'll show 'em....
S. Hadow tied his shoes and placed his fedora on his dome, slightly askew, before rushing out the door with his pen and notepad, ready to document the aftermath of the night's dirty deeds.
I'll show 'em all!

inky13112
2007-02-26, 10:20 PM
OOC Oo now I want to see what Mr. Hadow (love your name) originally write in his article. Any chance we'll see your revised version?

Also hey when is day ending?

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-27, 06:17 AM
((Here's a Llama, there's a Llama...))

inky13112
2007-02-27, 08:59 AM
I can't find where it says when day ends. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-27, 10:34 AM
No ones starting pointing yet, either.....

Castaras
2007-02-27, 10:57 AM
(( Hmm...I'll try the character narrating style... ))

Meow, mew meow meow meow. Mew mroow, hiss. Purr, purr. Grumpity mew, miaow. Brrp? Mrrp Mrrp? Mreeeeeoooow. Mrow meeeeow. Meow meow. Mew. Meow, meow meow: Yeowlll! Yeoowwl! Yeeeeeeoooooowwwwwllllll! Meow meow meow. Meow mew mew meow. Hiiiiissss!

InaVegt
2007-02-27, 11:14 AM

Meow, mew meow meow meow. Mew mroow, hiss. Purr, purr. Grumpity mew, miaow. Brrp? Mrrp Mrrp? Mreeeeeoooow. Mrow meeeeow. Meow meow. Mew. Meow, meow meow: Yeowlll! Yeoowwl! Yeeeeeeoooooowwwwwllllll! Meow meow meow. Meow mew mew meow. Hiiiiissss!

((please don't make anymore posts like that))

Day ends 9 PM Central european time (8 PM GMT) on wednessday

Castaras
2007-02-27, 11:19 AM
(( Rightio. ))

The kitten howls at the dead body of the llama. It mews again, unable to decide who to point at, and decides to start the random pointing again. It points at Shadow.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 11:33 AM
Exachix hmms.

"Right... Now I don't trust the kitten. To be honest, the poor journalist hasn't done us wrong yet."

He points to Castaras' kitten. Then he sighs.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 11:42 AM
The kitten looks at Exachix sadly. It mews softly and drops its paw.

Mew.

Supagoof
2007-02-27, 11:59 AM

((Crying with laughter Cas. Histerical....I love reading this thread! Joosbawx, Inky, Llama, such great stories to go along with the game. *wipes tear away*, okay, letting y'all get back to the action...))

heretic
2007-02-27, 05:59 PM
((Okay, new persona, inspired by all of you guys))

Herr Ettik ajusts his monocle and studies the kitten. "Mein Gott! Die Katze hast der Llama Getottet!" He quivers with fear of the diminutive feline and raises a finger at it, his other hand nervously running over the numerous metals and ribbons festooning the breast of his mothballed WWI dress uniform.

"Ich muss the Embassy inform of this tragedy! Only in ein Monty Python film have I seen such unrealistische animal savagery."

He hurries away, twirling his handlebar mustaches and clutching his gold-tipped cane.

Space-Is-Curved
2007-02-27, 06:31 PM
It was a grey day, and my head pounded more than a judge at a Michal Jackson trial. I walked out of the apartment and headed to the scene of the crime to have a look myself. It was a grisly sight, worse than my Aunt Tabitha without her makeup. Well, almost.

I decided to head down to the center of the town, and see who was looking suspicious. Keeping to the shadows, I watched the proceedings with a mix of horrer, boredom, and tingling sensation in my leg from standing for too long.

At long last, a prime suspect presented himself. Stepping forward and removing my hat dramatically, I yell at the gathered crowd and point a proverbial finger at the suspect. "It was Inky!" I could have given a reason, or said something more cliche or intriguing, but I really wasn't much of a public speaker. Besides, what I really wanted to go home and take a nice bubble bath, but I couldn't let these folks know.

Lucky
2007-02-27, 06:38 PM
((As I was making the WWCentral thread... I realized I had completely forgotten about this game... I'll try to catch up and post soon.))

2007-02-27, 08:07 PM
I to may have to point at Castaras with nothing better to go by. If there is better defense than just mewing sadly I would be willing to change my vote.

Meynolds
2007-02-27, 08:15 PM
Observing the crime scene, and the method of killing, this clearly was done by no man, woman, machine, duck, or llama.

I second the opinion of Death, and this looks like a kitten's work.

And thus I must point at the kitten.

*Points at Castaras*

Alarra
2007-02-27, 08:29 PM
(Let's try this fun little narrative style y'all are enamored with)

Everyone seemed to be pointing at the poor little kitten. Now, I didn't know one way or the other if he'd done it. Sure would be difficult for a little kitten to take on that llama and win. Of course, kittens are notorious for beguiling others into doing their dirty work. I mean, just look at litter boxes....who empties them? That's right....we do! Maybe it was the memories of smelly boxes or maybe I just like to follow the crowd, but I found myself *pointing at Castaras

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-27, 11:25 PM
Sad, that we must put this cute little kitten down, but if it is for the good of the people, it must be done.

EK points at Castaras

Lucky
2007-02-27, 11:43 PM
So here I was, walking in late for the party as always. Some might say I just don't like bad weather, but I'd be lying to agree. Truth be told, I just hate Mondays. I picked up the closest and read the headlines, an innocent animal- well, I suppose I wouldn't be saying innocent if it had spat in my eye, but that's just the way things work. Sorry, where was I? Ah, of course, that pour Llama, not only iced, but rubbed out by more than one syndicate. Some people animals have the worst luck. Not me though, they didn't name me "Lucky" for nothin', but that's a story for another day. Truth is, as soon as I heard what happened, I wasn't sure I even wanted to head into work today. See, Tuesdays aren't much better than Mondays, and sleepin's been a real bitch, tryin' to quit smokin' and all. Terrible habit, but just somethin' you do, and then you think no more of it.
Sorry, I get sidetracked sometimes, anyways, I went to work, I really did, and what's the first thing I see? Six-some people pointin' at a cat, like it has a mind enough to join a crime syndicate, and another guy in the center of the room with a McMuffin, pointing at himself of all things! Makes you wonder how a guy can accuse himself of murder and have the crowd ignore him and say a cat was the murderer instead. Looks like a lot of people were up watching the late night baseball game, that's for sure.
But I wasn't looking any other direction, not Lucky, I wasn't going to let someone accuse himself of murder and not be locked up for it. You might say I did the only logical thing, taking my right index finger and pointing at Inky. I'd have to disagree with you, I'm not quite sure when it became standard law practice to just take your finger and point at the guy, but I honestly couldn't think of anything better to do.
That's why they call me Lucky, not Brainy.

Helgraf
2007-02-28, 12:10 AM
The city is full of a thousand secrets and a hundred dames. Maybe that's why it's so hard for a hard-nosed privates eye like myself to find one who doesn't want to see Grant's frowning mug beforehand. What I hear, two new crime families have be crawling to the top of the heap, see, and makin' things ... uncomfortable ... for anyone who gets in the way.

You can't walk down to the malt shop without having to dodge a bullet in these streets it seems; I can only be glad that Macey came through with the custom-designed duster I asked for; with any luck it'll save my life someday.

But now is not that day. I sit in a dark grubby corner of Lucky's Malt Shop, sipping a double with a single rock floating in it forlornly, like some piece of flotsam torn from a greater purpose, with no aim, no clue as to its intent as it bobs up and down in the forgetful haze of the liquor.

Yes, I like t' liquor. Straight or twisted.

There's been a lot of trash talk floating around the city, but I gotta agree with Lucky - he does serve a damn fine double malt. That said, I've heard some rumours of a vicious killer who leaves a kitten behind in every city he breaks open. So I have no choice, see, I gotta follow the kitten and find the killer.

* Helgraf points at Castaras *

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-28, 03:49 AM
*points at Castaras*

Shadow
2007-02-28, 04:18 AM
The hangover was killing me.
Asparin weren't doing the job. They never did.
So by the time that I'd gotten around to actually scaling the streets looking for a story I felt like a pile of dog crap. A pile of dog crap with a bomb ticking in my head, that is.
tick. tick. tick.
Maybe that was just the gin talking back to me.
The shouting from the street only made it worse. When I got to the alley to see what all the yelling was about all I saw was a lunatic beating himself to a pulp. Reminded me of a movie I saw once about a guy that had a thing about ordering items from a magazine from Ikea. Scrappers or something like that it was called. Who cares.
Anyway, I tried to ran up to the deranged guy and ask him a few questions, but I couldn't fight my way through the mob of spectators. No big loss.
Just another strung out kid from the country who got himself involved with the wrong crowd is what I figured. Leave him be to bloody his own nose, the way I see it.
Across the street from the masochist there was a large circle of townies trying to beat up helpless cat like they were in a Monty Python movie or something. So I shoved my way through the crowd and grabbed the mangey furrball by the scruff of it's neck. After I carried the calico away I turned and spat at the mongrels, "What's gotten in to you all? Have you already forgotten what happened to the pitiful Gnome that crossed your path yesterday? Killing a cop wasn't enough, you had to top the sadistic sundae with kitten's cherry?"
Some of the mass turns away in self loathing, but others just snicker at me. Let them snicker. I point at Lucky and say "Why don't you all go harrass him for a while and leave helpless animals alone."
There's a booth at the diner waiting for me, with a cup o' Joe to help me write the night's story. I'm just not sure what that story is yet.

Krursk
2007-02-28, 04:25 AM
Krursk gets up, obviously tired God, insomnia bites. Who are we voting for? A nameless NPC tells him Oh, Ok. Gotta avoid that auto-lynch so I'll point at Castaras too. Not sure how we'll lynch a cat though. Isn't there something about flexible spines? Krursk then goes off in search of some coffee, or at the least chocolate

InaVegt
2007-02-28, 08:08 AM
((This is posted from the executioners viewpoint.))

I looked at the kitten which was doomed by the city. A poor lonely kitten was what we thought of being a criminal. Well, if it wasn't what would we have lost? One day of lynching, that's all. So I picked my needle and the poison and went to the kitten. When I tried to pick it up it drew a gun and the bastard shot me. Luckily I wore my bullet protection and wasn't majorly hurt. I realised I had to think quickly, or I might not survive. As such a I drew my dart gun and loaded a sleep dart. I aimed, not too slow so it would have the chance to reload and shoot me at an unprotected spot, but also not too fast because I would miss him. When I shot my aim showed to be true, this time, and the dangerous kitten was put to sleep. I quickly picked it up and injected it with lethal poison. This was the end of the kitten, and it was clearly not as innocent as some of us thought. When I placed the kitten on the table to think a promise of an employee of Lucky's malt shop to deliver a fine malt to K. Corlione every evening. Obviously this kitten was K. Corlione, a member of one of those dreaded crime syndicates. I was shocked as I realised I could trust no living being no more.

Castaras, a member of the smart family has been lynched.

((Due to the short day (which was due to majority) this day only counts for autolynching purposes if you actually voted.))

Joosbawx
2007-02-28, 08:28 AM
Please don't forget to send in your night time PMs to Joosbawx. Night will end at 6.00pm GMT Thursday, or Noon Central Time (US).

Kyrian
2007-02-28, 09:02 AM
((Was only 8 votes an actual majority?))

Joosbawx
2007-02-28, 09:21 AM
((Comment withdrawn for the sake of relevancy.))

InaVegt
2007-02-28, 09:23 AM
((Was only 8 votes an actual majority?))

((There are 18 players left, 9 people voted for Castaras, and there might even have been a judge in there))

Kyrian
2007-02-28, 09:23 AM
((Can we get a list of who's dead? I'm confused as to how we've gone from 20 to 14 in only 2 days.

I count: 1 lynch day 1
1 death night 1
1 lynch day 2 (today)))

EDIT: ((Only 8 voted for Castaras.))

InaVegt
2007-02-28, 09:26 AM
((Can we get a list of who's dead? I'm confused as to how we've gone from 20 to 14 in only 2 days.

I count: 1 lynch day 1
1 death night 1
1 lynch day 2 (today)))

((We didn't, we are in fact with 17 living people, but we did have a majority with those votes))

((I count:
Alarra
DLD
Death
EK
Exy
Helgraf
Heretic
Krursk
Meynolds))

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-28, 09:48 AM
Sweet, one down unknown number to go!

Kyrian
2007-02-28, 10:00 AM
((Ok, I miscounted, mostly due to Heretic's "I point at it."))

heretic
2007-02-28, 10:37 AM
((Sorry.))

Castaras
2007-02-28, 11:14 AM
The kitten's ghost rises and hisses at all around, bazooka in paws.

HIIISSSSSSS!

It then begins shooting and chasing the ghostly mice.

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-28, 11:18 AM
Well..

I always was a dog person.

Exachix
2007-02-28, 11:43 AM
Exachix nodds and heads to bed.

Shadow
2007-02-28, 01:15 PM
I sat and watched the scene across the street unfold in terror through a mist of coffee steam, unable to move. I thought that I had saved the poor kitten from the psychotic masses, but I hadn't hidden it well enough.
Turned out to be a good thing. Who would have though that Mr. Bigglesworth would have been packing, too?
I went to work on my article for the evening edition.

Retaliation Expected Tonight

What seemed like a foolish act of random violence turned out to be a blessing in disquise this afternoon when the cute little white kitten known as Castaras drew a gun and opened fire on unsuspecting vigilantees. After an unknown man from Animal Control showed up with a tranquilizer gun, the kitten was subdued in short order. A closer examination of the kitten revealed that her pistol was an ivory handled 9mm, identical to those known to be in use by the Corlione Family. Residents are advised to stay indoors and lock up thier homes this evening as a retaliatory strike is expected from the Corliones. The cat, not having any thumbs, was quite an awful shot though, and no one else was injured in the shootout.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-28, 02:15 PM
(The kitten lied to me??)

Castaras
2007-02-28, 02:33 PM
(( :smallbiggrin: Mew? Me? Why would I do a thing like that? I'm so cute and innocent, why would I lie to you? ))

Helgraf
2007-03-01, 12:53 AM
Well, the kitten had been axed, but I knew deep in my bones it wasn't over. He was only a cats-paw for one of the crime families, I was sure of it. But even a catspaw removed is one less muzzle firing hot lead at you in the night, and so perhaps it was for the best.

I returned to Lucky's Malt Shop, got myself a chaser and a teaser and went home hoping to have an interesting night with the latter after drinking the former.

Joosbawx
2007-03-01, 10:14 AM
Friendly reminder and update:

Night moves end in about 2.5 hours from this post: Noon CST(US) or 6pm GMT.

The list on the first page has been corrected and updated. Living players on top and obituaries at the bottom.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-01, 10:26 AM
all the cool kids are doing it! I'll take a stab at this crime noir stuff!

I finally arrived. that trip i'd taken was a long one. I hoped the city had fared well while I was gone, but somehow, I knew it wasn't so. as I came into the square, hours before dawn, I noticed the evidence. people had been standing there for hours yesterday, pointing and yelling. and it looked like a - a kitten had been put down? well, it seemed he had turned out to be a member of the mafioso, so I couldn't complain. well, all I had to do for the rest of the night was sit in the square and hope beyond hope that I wasn't called away to work again. I wanted to help the village rid themselves of this mafia menace.

Joosbawx
2007-03-01, 02:21 PM
Night 2 Ends:

They say there are some cities that never sleep, and this city is almost one of them...I mean, you can still get a pretty good cup of coffee and danish (or pie, or bagel, or whatever your particular brand of late night pastry happens to be) on just about any block at just about any hour of the night. However, once the gin joints barred their steel doors for the night and the cabbies dropped the last of the night girls off at their apartments there are a few hours when the City is quiet. She may not sleep long, but she does get her beauty rest. Unfortunately, on this particular night the City experienced night terrors.

Waking up early to the screaming sounds of sirens and flashbulbs and pontificating politicians, everyone knew immediately...before they got to their radios or caught up with the already yelling paperboys hawking their rags with headlines like: Mafiosos Strike Again! and Stalwart Psychiatrist Surreptitiously Slain, Shady Sicilian Suspected, Slumbering City Scared Sh!7l3$$!

As the crowds begin to gather, brief glimpses of a chalk outlined body are visible as the photogs and reporters gather like vultures before running to drop dimes into the nearest payphone to get their by-lines in the afternoon editions. A weary detective mops his brow, staring past the banal questions of the flesh-pressing reporters with a thousand yard gaze and seeing no end of the day in sight. Eventually he shoos everyone away with the help of the beat cops and goes back to work gathering evidence and doing his best in the absence of the CSi that was killed by the mob he tried to prevent from fouling up his crime scene. Lighting a smoke, he leans on the wall and takes one last look at the body before the Coroner covers the corpse for the last time.

Exachix, the Psychiatrist, was killed by the Mafia. Day three begins now.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:51 PM
((Ah well. Good luck the rest of you.))

Castaras
2007-03-01, 03:55 PM
The ghostly kitten grabs a ghostly gun and runs after Exachix's ghost, shooting and hissing.

heretic
2007-03-01, 06:00 PM
"Die average lifespan hier ist growing shorter und shorter..."

The Herr shakes his head, leaning heavily on his walking stick.

Shadow
2007-03-01, 06:03 PM
The phone rings in the middle of the night. As I crawl out of bed in a drunken stupor I'm cursing the caller for compounding the throbbing in my head.
"Yeah. What?
What?!?
The mobsters killed Exachix? He was the psychiatrist? Damn it!
Who is this?
Tell me who this is!
Fine. But how can I contact you?
I'll get right on it. Thanks"

The mysterious caller tells me that I can trust a certain someone, but how do I know that I can trust the caller?
I get to work on my article, I'm gonna have to write fast and sloppy in order to make the early edition....

Mafiosos Strike Again!
Stalwart Psychiatrist Surreptitiously Slain

One of the communities strongest supporters was gunned down late last night outside of Lucky's Malt Shop. Exachix, the city's ranking Psychiatrist, was targeted by the mob and dispatched in a bloody execution style shooting in the wee hours of the morning.

story continues on page 5

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-01, 06:58 PM
Well now, that's problematic. I suspect that the mustachio's had something to do with this. After all, without the psychiatrist, it's difficult to tell the difference between the families. Problem is, do we know anyone who has ties with them?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 11:45 AM
(Perhaps you don't understand.
Only the living can vote during the day.
I happen to be slain.
Now I cannot help.
The task falls to the living to avenge me.

Almost a day has pasted and no accusations.
Time to get moving.

Examine the evidence. Don't simply wait for someone else.
X-ray vision to see behind the walls would be great.
Alas, no one has that.
Churn around some ideas in your mind.
Have a theory? Try it
It may be enough to catch a mafioso and
Xterminate one of these vile villians.)

Selrahc
2007-03-02, 11:49 AM
*Feels ghostly message*

*Points at Exachix*

(Don't like it? Well I have no one to point at, and I'm facing Auto Lynch. Crazy Llama hidden message ghost theories are good enough for me.)

Castaras
2007-03-02, 11:53 AM
(( Exachix is dead ))

Selrahc
2007-03-02, 11:55 AM
(( Exachix is dead ))

Damn.....

I do need to point at someone though.

Ugh.

*Points at Death for no particular reason*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 12:06 PM
(Yeah, I'm forbidden from giving people a valid target with subliminal messages since I have pasted away, sorry Serlahc, last game I tried that with, no one even noticed. Curse you, Thes!)

Castaras
2007-03-02, 12:28 PM
(( :smalltongue: Pity. I know what I would say... ))

The Kitten's ghost sees the llama and mews and trots over to the llama ghost, purring.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-02, 12:35 PM
I suppose there's no doubt now, and it'll help find the mafia..

I'm the Fool.

Staring into your crystal ball for long hours, you scry Exachix and glean what you can from the going's on surrounding him. Eventually you discern without a shadow of doubt that Exachix is a Cult Member.

Shadow
2007-03-02, 03:41 PM
It's been an uneventful day so far.
Walking the streets with my collar turned up against the cold wind, waiting for something exciting to report on can be quite boring at times. I decided to head over to Lucky's for a quick one.
I tell the bartender that I'd like a Press.
He tells me that he's out of ginger ale.
That's alright. I shouldn't be drinking yet anyway. I haven't started my article.
Where could the mafiosos be hiding? I'm not sure, so I'll have to guess. Who helped take down the cop? Pointing at Helgraf I think to myself, that guy did. Let's start with him. I shuffle over there with my pen at the ready.
"Sir! Why did you join the mob against Officer Barbarian?

2007-03-02, 07:40 PM
V Death does not kill. Death collects souls. Your sudden joining of a bandwagon is mighty suspicious.

*Death points at Heretic

heretic
2007-03-02, 07:45 PM
"Was? How dare you threaten Death!? Instigating riots are you? ...wait...Death! Death kills everyone!" The German whirls, pointing at Death with his walking stick.

Alarra
2007-03-02, 09:23 PM
Such quick retribution, usually the sign of a guilty conscience.
*points at Heretic

Meynolds
2007-03-02, 09:28 PM
In my experience, I have found that to be true as well.

He *points at Heretic.*

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-02, 09:37 PM
I woke up in the square hours later. everyone was pointing their fingers at everyone else. Everybody was shouting, and various weapons were drawn. i wasn't liking where this all was going. I would have refrained from joining the crowd of pointers, but my instinct told me that the nearby NPCs were hungry for blood, and would go after anyone caught being uncooperative in this 'democratic' process. so I thought to myself - who here was the shadow I saw prowling the streets last night, and who probably was the killer of poor exachix? well, I knew i'd seen a glimpse of a dark-hooded figure wandering the square when I came in, but i'd also seen several others hanging around. I decided to throw my vote in, and I pointed at heretic. he looked suspicious to me - and he had some pretty weird things to say - none of which I liked.

Kyrian
2007-03-03, 12:02 AM
Alarra has a point

Kyrian points at Heretic.

Helgraf
2007-03-03, 01:28 AM
I'd barely gotten my raw egg chaser down this morning when I heard about the unfortunate slaying in the night. It rattled me - that had been my personal shrink and though I suppose it meant my debts were cleared with him, I had to wonder who was behind it. The obvious cats-paw, the kitten, was dead.

Word on the street was the confused babblings of a dozen pidgen languages; I could find no help there, so I retired to Lucky's, thankful for the bulletproof glass in the exterior windows, only to find one of the city's press crusaders pointing fingers at me and babbling questions. I gave Lucky the long eye, and he began to make me a double malt, the usual. The press, of course, was in the pockets of the corrupt government; everyone knew it, really, so I ignored the fellow and considered everything that had been said so far. There really wasn't anything for it, especially when a classy dame like Alarra was talking. So I tossed back the drink, letting the sudden explosion of fire in the guts do the job of waking me, staggered to the door, leaving a fiver for the malt with Lucky, knowing he'd keep the change, and leaned out to * (Helgraf) point(s) at Heretic *.

Afterward, I staggered into the alley and recycled half the malt. It really was too early to be tossing them back.

Thes Hunter
2007-03-03, 09:58 PM
(Yeah, I'm forbidden from giving people a valid target with subliminal messages since I have pasted away, sorry Serlahc, last game I tried that with, no one even noticed. Curse you, Thes!)

(( Sorry man. Can't help it that I was a wolf. :smallwink: Couldn't eat myself ya know. :smallbiggrin: ))

Krursk
2007-03-04, 01:35 AM
If heretic turns out to be the Cult Leader, I will have to yell at someone. Krursk points at heretic

InaVegt
2007-03-04, 06:24 AM
The task of killing a member of the town has fallen upon me yet again, this time it's that filthy german who moved in last week. Well, I didn't trust him anyways. I picked my manacles and grabbed the german, Heretic was his name, and tied him up. I brought to him to the chair quickly, it's better to do it quickly than it is to do it slowly. As I pushed the button a loud *ZAP* came and killed our lynchee, Heretic. After carefully leading the electricity out I checked his posessions. What I found was simple, a key to the hospital and a medical degree. The degree looked real as well.

Heretic, the doctor and a member of the hospital staff has been lynched.

Castaras
2007-03-04, 06:40 AM
(( Haha! Go Team Mafia! Whip those villager asses! ))

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-04, 10:14 AM
((.......................

I'm having difficulty deciding wether this game or the first game was worse!

*sigh*))

heretic
2007-03-04, 08:06 PM
The ghost of the German appears. "Danke! Das is what I was saying all along."

Joosbawx
2007-03-04, 08:47 PM
Night Ends @ Noon Central Time (US), which is 6pm GMT on MONDAY (tomorrow). Please have your PMs in to Joosbawx by that time for those of you with night moves to be made.

Thanks, and Happy Hunting.

Krursk
2007-03-05, 02:55 AM
((.......................

I'm having difficulty deciding wether this game or the first game was worse!

*sigh*))

For me it definately is this one. Mostly because I was Mafia. Oh, that and the fact that we got the Bodyguard and the Cop right off the bat, so the only two who could reliably kill the mafia were gone

Joosbawx
2007-03-05, 03:35 PM
Night 3 Ends:

Crime and punishment...common sense says they go hand in hand. Unfortunately, when you live in a city where common sense is uncommon its difficult to make sense of anything except expecting to accept the unexpected, or expecting the unacceptable, for that matter. Another night, another body...sort of. Most were just thankful that it wasn't two bodies, but when those are the kind of blessing you have to count, its no wonder the city was becoming as apathetic and jaded as a manx in a room full of rocking chairs. Figure that one out and the next cup of coffee is on me.

More sirens, though the city wasn't as responsive as they had been on previous mornings. Someone on their morning jog over one of the bridges waited until they'd made their whole circuit before bothering to call in what they'd found. It's not like the cops in this town didn't have it bad enough already with one of their own killed in action. then again, at least the jogger called it in...most people were just too busy, or too disenchanted, to care anymore.

The cops rolled up with the Coroner not far behind, though, after finding two plastic 5 gallon buckets and the remnants of two bags of Quick-crete, they knew where they'd probably find the body and called in the river patrol and their dredges. Within a couple hours they pulled the corpse out of the river and hauled him...asphalt overshoes and all... into the back of the Coroner's wagon. Poor schmuck. Probably never saw it coming. Spend that much time feasting on the leftovers of society's mishaps like a carrion bird and you're bound to end up on the wrong side of the police tape sooner or later. After all, they say you are what you eat.

Coroner's report said cause of death was 'asphyxiation', which surprised us all. Of course, that was before we heard about the dice shoved halfway down the guy's windpipe. Why bother with the cement cankles for a dead body...unless you're trying to make a statement. I guess when you're trying to say somethn', using the city's mouthpiece is a good place to start. Or maybe I'm just readin' too much into it all...jumping at Shadows...then again, I'd hardly be the first one today to do exactly that. Poor guy...all you need to kill a Shadow is a little bit of light, but there was nothing light at all about my mood as I went shuffled back downtown to finish up the paperwork and add this fiel to the already growing tower of 'to investigate'.

Shadow, a Gamer, was killed.

2007-03-05, 04:52 PM
Well, shadow always said he was in contact with the confirmed cop, this said I am a gamer myself, and so the best thing I can do is point to the one who came up guilty.

*Death points at Lucky.

And you are guilty in the eyes of the law.

Kyrian
2007-03-05, 04:55 PM
I've heard from my sources, and the one I shall point at is...

Kyrian points at Lucky.

Selrahc
2007-03-05, 05:00 PM
As always, I will judge this seer claim by the results it delivers.

*Points at Lucky*

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-05, 05:02 PM
And the last thing Shadow told me was that Lucky was guilty..

So it's fairly obvious that I point at Lucky.

Alarra
2007-03-05, 05:03 PM
I'm willing to follow a supposed seer....at least until they're proven wrong.

*Alarra points at Lucky

Shadow
2007-03-05, 05:04 PM
*Silas Hadow's ghost rises from the river and whispers an eerie message...
My web of informants and contacts was large indeed....
They should contact each other....
And send the story to my editor....

Lucky
2007-03-05, 05:17 PM
((Ghosts should also SHUT UP! :smallfurious:
:smalltongue:))

Yet again, another Monday. Great, well, this one couldn't be too bad, I thought as I got out of bed to go to work. Boy was I wrong. First thing I see as I step inside my bar? Everyone's accusing me of being mobbed up! I stared in disbelieve and looked around, realizing there was no way out, I was doomed to die today.
You know those murder mysteries where the detective goes through all his possible suspects, only to end up accusing the narrator of the murder? Then it turns out the narrator skipped one section of the night in his writing, and was in fact the murderer? Well, you could almost say it was one of those.
But damn I got that Llama good, nice an' riddled full o'lead.

2007-03-05, 05:19 PM

Yet again, another Monday. Great, well, this one couldn't be too bad, I thought as I got out of bed to go to work. Boy was I wrong. First thing I see as I step inside my bar? Everyone's accusing me of being mobbed up! I stared in disbelieve and looked around, realizing there was no way out, I was doomed to die today.
You know those murder mysteries where the detective goes through all his possible suspects, only to end up accusing the narrator of the murder? Then it turns out the narrator skipped one section of the night in his writing, and was in fact the murderer? Well, you could almost say it was one of those.
But damn I got that Llama good, nice an' riddled full o'lead.

Interesting defense. Do we still think he is guilty now? :smallconfused:

Shadow
2007-03-05, 05:52 PM
((The information was sent out this morning, long before my death scene, so I broke no rules.))

And good luck to the rest of you!

inky13112
2007-03-05, 07:20 PM
It had become clear long ago that I wasn't the culprit in these crimes, and I had let me get off easy despite my beatin' on me. Forgive and forget ya know? Now just a few days later, that shady reporter had made it clear from one of his "anonymous sources" that Lucky was one of them mobsters, and the little bugger had even confessed by the time I got to the scene. There was only one thing for it. I jeered Your one of them mobsters whose trying to take over our city, I'll be glad to see you taken care of you rat bastard. as I pointed at Lucky

I still didn't trust the one who I'd gotten into a scuffle with a couple days ago, he seemed a little too eager to see people hang, and his accusations against me were something I wouldn't be forgetting any time soon, but he did have one thing right, that lucky character was definitely one of them Mafiosos and he needed to be put away. I silently pointed at Lucky.

OOC: Hey just noticed something, night started
Yesterday, 07:47 PM (thats central time (US)) and ended
@ Noon Central Time (US), which is 6pm GMT on MONDAY ([today]) Thats not 24 hours, which means it can be a pain for people with jobs, school, in different time zones, etc. Just saying that night should probably last a full 24 hours.

Meynolds
2007-03-05, 07:25 PM
All this talk has created almost damning evidence, but can we be sure? But given his own statements, I must say he should be lynched.

*Points at Lucky*

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-05, 07:44 PM
I've suspected him for the last two days now, and it is time to bring him in, and string him up.

EK points at Lucky

Space-Is-Curved
2007-03-05, 09:05 PM
A full confession was hardly needed. You could see the guilt in his face, and that spoke louder than any confession. Even a really really loud confession. I point at Lucky!

Helgraf
2007-03-05, 10:33 PM
I lumbered into Lucky's Malt Shop, only to find it full of shifty types, all with one thing in common. They were all trying to give Lucky the business end of a lynchin'. Now I'm as suspicious of Lucky's success with his malt shop as any other citizen, but it's right hard for me to point at a man that makes the only drinks in town capable of letting me forget the woman ... she was a looker and a sharp dame; right down to the switchblade she carried hidden inside her armbag. We had something special, or at least I'd thought it was special, but apparently she wasn't interested in a two-bit like me who never could scrape up enough money to get out of these gritty streets; and then, of course, there was the story. You couldn't really know the story living in a three bedroom sprawl out in the suburbs; I tried to explain this to her, but she'd had enough.

In the process of ordering my drink, I accidentally * pointed at Lucky * and didn't realize my mistake until the crowd seized on the fact to support their movement.

Damn. Wonder if I've got enough set by to buy the Malt Shop once Lucky's strung up?

Krursk
2007-03-06, 01:11 AM
(Oh, what the heck, I'll give film noir a shot)
Another day, another sleepless night. I swear, if this goes on, I'm going to go crazy. Walking to town I found Pointing Square unusually empty of all the madmen deciding who to lynch. Although that may be a case of the pot calling the kettle black, as I was one of those madmen. Soon I found everyone, crowding into Lucky's Malt Shop, claiming that the Cops had checked his background. Well, I was always one to follow mob logic, so I pointed at Lucky and went to sit in the corner

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-06, 04:36 AM
*point at Lucky*

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-06, 08:26 AM
as i walked into the square that morning, I looked on and saw that everyone was pointing at one man - or leprechaun. I looked at him. he didn't look like a malicious killer. but neither had that kitten. maybe the mafioso were the only ones here that looked innocent. I thought about that for a minute.
quietly, my finger joined the crowd and pointed at the leprechaun.

inky13112
2007-03-06, 08:37 AM
(Oh, what the heck, I'll give film noir a shot)
Another day, another sleepless night. I swear, if this goes on, I'm going to go crazy. Walking to town I found Pointing Square unusually empty of all the madmen deciding who to lynch. Although that may be a case of the pot calling the kettle black, as I was one of those madmen. Soon I found everyone, crowding into Lucky's Malt Shop, claiming that the Cops had checked his background. Well, I was always one to follow mob logic, so I pointed at Lucky and went to sit in the corner

He follows the mob he must be one of them kill him!:smalltongue:

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-06, 01:51 PM
((I jsut scream out member of the mafia huh...even when Im on vaca...lol))

Castaras
2007-03-06, 01:53 PM
The ghostly kitten sees the ghostly gnome barbarian and mews apologetically, before grabbing a gun and running after some ghostly mice.

Lucky
2007-03-06, 04:23 PM
Damn. Wonder if I've got enough set by to buy the Malt Shop once Lucky's strung up?

((You can have it for free, money does me no good when I'm dead.))

Joosbawx
2007-03-06, 08:24 PM
OOC: Hey just noticed something, night started Quote:
Yesterday, 07:47 PM
(thats central time (US)) and ended Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosbawx
@ Noon Central Time (US), which is 6pm GMT on MONDAY ([today])

Thats not 24 hours, which means it can be a pain for people with jobs, school, in different time zones, etc. Just saying that night should probably last a full 24 hours.

((The night begins when the day ends...just like in real life. So before I decide when to place the night deadline I look to see when Gezina posted the day end lynching scene and then make is usually Noon and Four-P-M the following day my (Central US) time. Gezina posted on the 4th at approximately 5.30am my time so I set night to end at Noon on the 5th. that was approximately 30 hours.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-06, 11:11 PM
Um, shouldn't lucky be lynched by now?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-06, 11:15 PM
((probably. Gez is probably busy though.))

InaVegt
2007-03-07, 08:00 AM
I was drinking my malt silently as the fingers started flying, so I picked up my tools and walked towards the leprechaun, I've never done such a syupid thing before in my life. The little fellow complete flipped out, picking a rocket launcher and searching around for ammunition. I quickly led the people into safety, but when he finally found a rocket for his oversized weapon there were still a couple of NPCs inside. He fired at me and I barely managed to throw the door shut in time, I only got a few scratches but the malt shop was completely destroyed and the NPCs and Lucky were turned into charcoal, the only item kept intact was the gun ingraved with an M

Lucky, a mustachio, has been lynched

Joosbawx
2007-03-07, 08:50 AM
Night Ends Thursday (tomorrow) at:

Noon Central (US)
1.00pm Eastern (US)
6.00pm GMT

Those of you with moves to make during the night please have your PMs on time to Joosbawx. Nothing received after deadline tomorrow will be accepted. Thanks, and happy hunting!

Helgraf
2007-03-07, 12:22 PM
((You can have it for free, money does me no good when I'm dead.))

((Aww, thanks Lucky...))

((Damnit Gezina, he gave me that malt shop fair and square!!!))

Shadow
2007-03-07, 01:30 PM
((Someone keep the paper going for me, huh?))

Meynolds
2007-03-07, 01:32 PM
((I'll do it. I'll have the report up in a few minutes.))

MAFIOSO SLAIN!

Today, after Lucky admitted to being Mafioso and being guilty for the killing of the Llama/Duck, he somehow found an oversized missile launcher of some kind. Gezina immediately assisted in evacuating the (presumably) civilians in the Malt Shop. Before she could rescue some NPCs, Lucky loaded the Launcher and fired. Gezina barely managed to escape, closing the door before the explosion could hit her. Gezina was applauded for her heroic actions, and may be receiving a Citizens Service Medal (More on B3), if she survives the Mafia. Sadly, the malt shop was destroyed by the blast and the NPCs were turned into charcoal. Scientists would later make a statement that that would be impossible given the total production of heat (See Impossible Charcoal on A2). In the wreckage, nothing but dust, charcoal, and a handgun were found. The gun had an “M” engraved on it, marking Lucky as a Mustachio. “We are all glad he is gone,” said one official when asked for his opinion. The police are trying to trace other Mafioso's from Lucky, but have made no promises. A £300 reward is being offered for any information. (Coninued on A5)

Krursk
2007-03-07, 04:53 PM
((I'll do it. I'll have the report up in a few minutes.))

Ummm, pst, Gez is a she...

Meynolds
2007-03-07, 04:57 PM
Ummm, pst, Gez is a she...

((Sorry, wasn't paying attention to that. Fixed.))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-07, 06:40 PM
nice report. good job.

Helgraf
2007-03-08, 01:48 AM
Now the day had gone from bad to worse - Lucky, my best bartender in the whole filthy city, turned out to be working for the Mustachios. What was even worse, his Malt Shop was bazookaed into uselessness - all before I could even get my double malt.

I'm standing in the ash-covered ruins, pushing my empty glass along the ash-filled remains of what was once a countertop, trying to do figures in my head. Just as well, most figures wouldn't do by me without seeing Grant's scowling mug anyway, so it's as good as I can expect. I'd been squirrling a bit aside, so I could get a respectable woman a respectable ring, but now I'm thinking perhaps there's just no such thing in this city.

I'm also thinking I really need a drink. Double. One rock.

Damn.

Joosbawx
2007-03-08, 11:55 AM
Sorry all...very busy at work today...so in the spirit of not delaying game:

Selrahc, a Police Officer, was killed by Mafia.
Death, a Gamer, was found bronzed on the steps of Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art...an obvious Mafia hit.

Sorry for the boring post, and I'll try to update it later, but work is hectic today. First page post is also edited for current listing of players.

Happy Hunting.

Kyrian
2007-03-08, 01:34 PM
((....they got two kills??....*confused-ed*))

Castaras
2007-03-08, 01:38 PM
(( Two - one for each family. ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-08, 02:09 PM
Potentially three, counting the liquidator ability. Though, I'm not exactly sure how that works. From what I can gather the liquidator can only kill a member of the other family using that ability. Is this correct?

Joosbawx
2007-03-08, 02:39 PM
((EK...that is correct. The Liquidator can only kill a member of the other Family with his/her ability.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-08, 07:45 PM
Fact 1: The Mafia families are interested in eliminating each other.
Fact 2: Judging by the number of people remaining it is likely that the crime families have been reduced to one person each.
Fact 3: If one family can be discovered and eliminated, it will become difficult to flush out the second family.
Fact 4: Both families have managed to retain their special roles.

Therefore: It is advisable to seek out the Mustachio Liquidator first. At this time, I have two suspicions. Cult of the Raven, and Kursk. If any one has other suggestions, please make them known now.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-09, 04:28 AM
((...

-_-'))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-09, 08:41 AM
I woke up this morning to two deaths today. there were people swarming around near the square again, and I was surprised that no fingers had been pointed yet. however, one man was telling everyone else that I was a mafia member. I stalked up to him, trying to hold myself back. Excuse me sir, but why do you think that I am a member of that disgusting bunch?

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-09, 10:39 AM
I said suspicions. So far, nothing has either confirmed or denyed them. I stated them publically, so that you and Kursk could have a legitimate chance to defend yourself. If there are people who have stronger suspicions and can back them up, then I am more than willing to go along with them. Don't assume that I'm accusing you of being in the mafia, it is more that I have been observing your actions and have yet to reach a conclusion.

Furthermore, thus far no one has any leads. If my accusation of you can provoke people to emerge and offer evidence in your defense, it likely will also cause people to emerge with evidence condemning someone else. No hard feelings, Cult, I'm just trying to spur the game on.

Space-Is-Curved
2007-03-09, 08:25 PM
I woke up and immediately, the news of the two murders poured into my head. I heard shouts from down the street, as shocked NPCs were first viewing the scene. I quickly showered and dressed, and walked down the street to see for myself. They were horrid sights, but you get used to these things in this part of town. There weren't many of us left, that was for sure. I also noticed a single man placing some scrutiny on two of our towns citizens, but trying to avoid any anger from them at the same time. If you ask me, which I doubt you would, I would say that he's behind the murders, and attempting to cover his own tracks while preventing too much anger directed toward himself. With a shrug, I point at Eldritch Knight.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-09, 09:28 PM
May I ask why you're pointing at me? I've already stated that my suspicions are unfounded, and that I'm being more than fair. Now, Space-is-curved, you seem to be assuming that I am accusing these two as being members of the mafia. I have yet to point my fingers at anyone. All I have done is state that I see these two as suspicious, and I am asking for everyone else to state those they see as suspicious. I am well aware of the list that Shadow was working on. He informed me of it's existence himself. Now, I know I am not on that list, but I will make it quite clear that I am a gamer. I am interested in furthering Shadow's work, and I do not want to accidently lynch anyone who would be an ally to me. I am nota member of the mafia. If I was, would I have made my suspicions clear? If I was a member of the mafia, and I suspected anyone of being part of the other family, I would have killed them during the night. As it stands, the two I have been suspecting are still alive. I have yet to accuse anyone, and if these two are on Shadow's list, that is evidence enough for me to drop any and all suspicions of them.

However, after further investigation, I've determined someone who stands a much higher chance of being a member of the Mafia. This player has been neither quite, nor particularly vocal. This is just the right sort of behaviour characteristic of those trying to avoid notice. So, pending further evidence.....

EK points at Inky

Alarra
2007-03-09, 10:02 PM
You aren't a gamer. If that part of your post is a lie, what else is?

*Alarra points at Eldritch Knight

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-09, 10:30 PM
EK, I don't think you're a gamer. What proof do you have? I will give you a chance to explain yourself before I decide where my finger goes.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-09, 10:35 PM
You're right, I'm not a gamer. I assumed that the gamers would not know who each other is. Obviously, this was a fallacy on my part. I am trying to hide what I am so that the mafia does not go after me. I really can't reveal what I am because that would be putting the target on myself. I don't know who is a part of the mafia and who is not, so it's my best interests to try to stay alive as long as possible. In identifying myself as a gamer, I was trying to downplay my significance to the game. Since this has blown up in my face, it is more than likely that the mafia will be coming after me tonight. There is a reason why I asked everyone to be public about their suspicions, as that will allow us to use what we know about everyone's roles to flush out the members of the mafia.

And Ink, you're reply has made it clear that you are not who I seek, and as such I remove my finger from Inky.

Further more, if you are using Shadow's list as a basis for accusing me, let me stress that I am not the only one who is omitted from that list. It would be in our best interests to make public who is not on the list so that we may limit our search to those who may be a member of the mafia.

inky13112
2007-03-09, 10:36 PM
((simued:smallyuk:))

Ah a finger pointed at me yet again, and he was claiming to be a gamer too. Well interestingly enough I happened to be know he wasn't a gamer. Not only was he lying about who he was, but he was pointing at someone who wasn't a mafia, IE me! I spoke. You sir are a liar. You are not in fact a gamer, and I am not in fact a member of the mafia. I'm afraid you have become extremely suspicious, and therefore I am forced to point at Eldritch Knight.

A finger!! A finger being pointed at me?! It was amazing how easy it was for someone to suspect an innocent man. Sometimes it got to you, just how easy it would be to kill off an innocent man, without even realizing they were innocent until after they had been snuffed out forever. It was at this moment I decided I wouldn't point at him, even though he had at me, although it seemed the other accused hadn't decided to take the same approach. I decided I should simply rebuff his arguments. Just because someone hasn't said very much, doesn't mean they are a mafia. They may well simply not be that talkative, and many people have other reasons to be secretive. No, accusing someone for not saying much is no reason at all to kill them. And thats your only bit of evidence no less! You'd be willing to kill a man over his failure to draw attention to himself. It sickens me.

((EDIT: OOC I'm going to keep pointing at you because you seem like one of the most suspicious people, having accused 3 people in a short amount of time, as well as being a liar, and trying to get "the list" made public, something a mafia would want.
This loud enough for you EK?))

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-09, 10:51 PM
*DLD sighs*

Well, I'm not a gamer either. So I don't know. But you don't seem like one. And I don't think it would be a good idea to make this list public. It could give the mafia families a few clues that we don't want them to get.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-09, 11:25 PM
Well, Inky, I really didn't have all that much to go on, so I figured I'd risk acting on the information I had. I know I am not on that list, but there's not much I can do about that. I agree that making the list public is a very foolish act, and that it would indeed give the mafia families information that would be very sensitive. However, I also know that the information on that list would help us significantly narrow down the list of suspects. From what I gather, every one I've stated I was suspicious about is on the list. If I knew who was NOT on the list, I'd probably be able to discern who is most likely a part of the mafia. After all, I actually figured out Lucky was most likely a member of the mafia before anyone accused him. So, don't give me the list, just state those who are NOT on the list. (Starting with myself.) If we all worked together, we could narrow down that sublist to the last members of each mafia family. That is what I want to do. Everyone on that list is safe, but those who are not could be the biggest threat to us. I never stated that I wanted the entire list made public, Inky, just those who were not on it. That is information that is of use to everyone. If my math is correct, there are just two mafia members left, (one from each family.) There are seven people who are unknowns, of which I am one. In this case, there are 5 innocents within that number. Those innocents know who they are, and probably have connections. In that case, if we subtract the innocents, we are left with the two mafia members, and we would be able to lynch them both, and be able to win at a minimum, two days from now. Is this not the most favourable of options?

Furthermore Inky, Stating suspicions of does not equal an accusation. I did state that my accusation of you was pending further evidence, which you provided. So, help me track down the other mafia members so that we can win sooner, rather than later.

As far as I can gather these people, are likely not on the list. If you are on the list, well then, I apologize for potentially putting suspicion on you.

Myself
Cult_of_the_Raven
Krursk
Kyrian
Meynolds
Space-Is-Curved
Helgraf
Captain van der Decken

So, we have 8 names, one of whom is on the list, and two mafia members. The others, as I have previously stated are innocents. So, If you know you are innocent, I urge you to discover each other, so that we may reduce this list further. I know that I am an innocent, but I am not going to try to contact anyone on the list, for fear of accidentally revealing myself to the mafia.

Helgraf
2007-03-10, 01:51 AM
((Ye gads ... I've been a -not on the safe list- player in every game I've been in so far. It's really beginning to make me wonder what exactly I'm doing that marks me as suspicious. ))

I woke up just outside the remains of Lucky's Malt Shop, still alive despite having spent the night out of doors in this city. God truly must look after children and the insane. I clutched two things, one in each hand. The first was eminantly logical and fit - the only unbroken bottle of scotch malt I was able to scrounge out of the wreckage of Lucky's place; I'd clutched it to my breast as if it were purest ambrosia and I some forlorn Greek God who had been made to do without for millenia.

The other puzzled me. A satchel, clearly not mine, had been quite plainly shoved under my right armpit. Opening the satchel, my eyes bulged briefly. I recognized the contents, of course, but I had to question my apparently anonymous benefactor. In this town, this sort of arraingement was usually only made to those with real power. I could not be said to have real power.

Nevertheless, I proceeded to the city's office of registration and deeds, spoke with the severely featured dame in charge, paid the fee to have them look into the records.

It seems the deed to the property had been seized by the city and was coming due for auction unless a sizable pre-emptive bid was made. Again, I wondered who my benefactor was, and how high up the food chain he - or she; I couldn't rule out the distaff gender, not after the events Double Bloody Mary night. Quietly, I reached into the satchel, removed two envelopes and a crisply folded piece of paper, then handed over the satchel, which had contained the amount of the bid to the penny. Once the deed was in my possession, I took out a list of names and numbers. Contractors in the city. The next several hours were spent acquianting myself with these fine citizens. Lucky may have been a right bastard, but I was determined - with the aid of my unknown benefactor - to recreate his Malt Shop. It remained to be seen if I could ever find a proprietor with the right atmosphere to fit the place; this would be a problem for another time.

While all this was done, I learned from Fatback Jimmy that I was apparently on a list - or rather not on a list, which meant someone out there might consider me a suspect. Nothing for it, of course. But right now I've got a bad rub for magical knights, and more than a few of my more trusted associates appear to be in similiar disposition.

* Helgraf provisionally points at EK *

Fatback Jimmy always comes through for me in the end...

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-10, 10:45 AM
On further calculations, I've determined that Helgraf, Kyrian and Captain Van der Decken are on the list, and as such are trustworthy. So, this reduces the list further to

Myself
Cult_of_the_Raven
Krursk
Meynolds
Space-Is-Curved

So now we have the list reduced further to 5 people, which means 3 innocent, two guilty. As I have previously stated I am one of the 3 innocents, and that leaves us with 4 potential suspects. At this time I have no way of knowing who is a part of the Mafia, but I hope that the rest of you can provide further information that will help us narrow this down further.

Alarra
2007-03-10, 11:03 AM
Well.....I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt....for now, and point at one of the people that I have suspected and that isn't on the innocent list.

*Alarra points at Cult of the Raven

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-10, 11:06 AM
I concur. I've gone through the evidence and determined that Cult of the Raven did not point at Catstaras, (I can never get that spelled right) but did point at lucky. Why would you not join one bandwagon, and then suddenly join the next? Well, it would make sense if you were trying to stay out of lynching a cohort, but wanted to eliminate anyone who was a threat to you.

EK points at Cult of the Raven

Um, When does Day end?

Helgraf
2007-03-10, 01:35 PM
Fatback Jimmy delivered me a brace of messages; three were from the contracters I'd met to begin the process of rebuilding Lucky's. A smile etched itself out of the normal scowl I wore in this dreadful city. A few other bits of data dropped into my lap, and I was forced to admit that my initial hunch was likely out of tune. Consequentially, I needed to make an adjustment.

* Helgraf points at Cult of the Raven *

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-10, 07:55 PM
After I looked around and slowed down my breathing, hoping that just because I was being told I was suspicious, didn't mean I was going to die tonight, I turned around. there, a hand was pointing at my direction. there, another. there, yet another. I tried to calmly collect my nerves. Well, it was time to let it out. People, please stop pointing at me. I think I am your seer. I haven't had a succesful scry on a mafia member, so I cannot offer you a head in return for mine. but please beleive me. stop your pointing, and please help me discuss this.(also, can I get the baner's protection tonight?)

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-10, 08:30 PM
No you're not, Cult. I know for a fact that the seer is indeed on the list. I think that you are a mafia member trying to save yourself from an untimely lynching. You, as well as I, are not on the list that Shadow was putting together. As such, there is no possible way for you to be the seer. In all likely hood, you are the Carlione mole.

Space-Is-Curved
2007-03-10, 10:00 PM
The evidence was there, I just needed to decifer it. It all told me that my first suspicions were wrong, most likely. I was indeed swayed by the logic lacking fallacy as expressed to me by my peers.

I to, Point at Cult of Raven

Shadow
2007-03-11, 03:38 AM
Silas Hadow's ghost rises from the river yet again. Even his ghost wears the concrete boots that the vile mafiosos had him try on.
A ghostly whisper escapes his lips.
"It seems that my work continues well after my untimely death.
Proof positive that the media is indeed a powerful weapon."
Silas's apparition vanishes again.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-11, 03:51 AM
Strange. It looked like some last ditch attempt to save herself, and I didn't see that working. If she was the seer, and hadn't caught any mafioso, why did no-one else know and confirm it?

I point at Cult of Raven.

InaVegt
2007-03-11, 06:25 PM
I had the duty of killing yet another inhabitant of the village, this time it was soem strange girl called raven. There was some mention of her being a cultist. So I took my stun gun and stunned her before she could react. The poisonous needle went in silently and she died quickly. She had a gun engraved with a C, and a computer with hacking tools.

Cult of the raven, a corlione and the mole has been lynched

Selrahc
2007-03-11, 06:30 PM
*Claps*

Nice work guys... I thought she was fishy. In fact I was checking her background the night I was ruthlessly kiled by the mafia. Now my ghost can rest in peace...

Meynolds
2007-03-11, 06:55 PM
New newspaper.

TWO INNOCENTS SLAIN BY MAFIA!

Last night, two innocent people were killed by the Mafia. The murdered were Selrahc and Death, a cop and a Gamer. The officer was killed by bullets, later confirmed to be of a make identical to those used by Lucky. He was patrolling the poor district at the time, and was killed from the shadows. He didn’t even have a chance to call in for backup, the poor soul. Now Police officers are requesting bulletproof windows for their cars (See A2 for details). A memorial service will be held when the reign of terror is over. The second killed was Death. He was found bronzed on the front steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, and will be on display for several weeks (See “Is It Ethical,” F7). The statue was found to have a word engraved on the bottom, it said simply “Mafia.”

MAFIOSO SLAIN!

Due to the impressive detective work of Eldritch Knight another Mafia member has been caught and slain. Gezina had the enviable job of killing a strange girl known as “Raven,” before it was known she was Mafia. When she was fully investigated, she was found to be in possession of a gun with a “C” engraved on it, and she also had a computer with SuperHack 4.6 installed. She was obviously a corlione and a Mole. Gezina gave her a quick death by poison, and all of her possessions have been given over to the town government.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-11, 07:24 PM
Actually, I really can't take all the credit for this, as there were people I worked with, who for their own protection, I will not mention. In all honesty, it was a lucky, but educated guess. I hope that I will be able to flush out the liquidator as well.

Meynolds
2007-03-11, 07:25 PM
Take the credit, you might get a medal for it.

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-11, 07:27 PM
Alright,you convinced me, I'll take the credit.