PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing a bard.

maniacalmojo
2014-06-03, 06:18 AM
Had an idea for an optimized bardic character based on Lindsey sterling, more specifically lindsey sterling from this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEBNIzOIbVs)

I have checked out some handbooks and guides on the matter but wanted some actual input. Flying would be neat and i heard divine bard exist but do not know much about it.

The big keys i know about feat wise are versitile performer, melodic caster, dragonfire song, and snowflake wardance.

Xerlith
2014-06-03, 07:17 AM
Okay. I heard the song, watched the video... But you must tell us what you want your character to be able to do.

Melee fighting? Team buffing? Spellcasting? There are many ways to approach the class and many ways to utilize it.

HammeredWharf
2014-06-03, 07:37 AM
Do you mean Aurora from Child of Light? Looking at the video's description, that's the character she's cosplaying in it. In that case, I think she'd be better as a cleric with some DMM-based nuking or Persisting, depending on the build you want to emulate.

Psyren
2014-06-03, 07:51 AM
I love Lindsey Stirling! But as others have said, your choice is confusing - she's cosplaying as a video game character in that video (she does that a lot), so it's not clear whether you want to be a boogieing bard, have all the abilities of the character she's portraying, or some mix of both (and if the latter, how much of a mix.)

maniacalmojo
2014-06-03, 08:23 AM
As lindsey sterling in this video. She does some magic like abilities, dances and play violin while using a sword.

So i was thinking

Music > Spellcasting > Melle > Skills

Psyren
2014-06-03, 08:26 AM
Then you have the basics in your OP (though I think the ability is Dragonfire Inspiration rather than dragonfire song.)

If you want a specific build, there are tons of Snowflake Wardance + DFI bards out there to choose from, and max both Perform: Dance and Perform: Stringed.

OverdrivePrime
2014-06-03, 09:32 AM
Lindsey Sterling is a wonderful bard. I always figure she's something like a NG Pathfinder Monk 2 (Martial Artist archetype w/ Catch Off-Guard feat), Bard X (Diva Archetype).

For your concept, I'm gonna second what Psyren suggests with Snowflake Wardance and heavy DFI.