PDA

View Full Version : Large Dragonbjorn Lizardfolk War Hulk, overrun or bullrush?

thorbwahahahaha
2014-06-03, 06:28 AM
Our DM has allowed me to roll a Dragonbjorn (wings) Lizardfolk and has recently bumped my size to Large without any additional cost to LA just because.

As such I've always wanted to play a War Hulk. Considering I have around 3 or 4 so levels that have opened up (originally planned to run a Natural Weapon friendly, modified Fist of the Forest) I was wondering if there are any PRCs focused on overrun or bullrush. I was considering Improved Trip but my Intelligence score is too low for it so that's out of the question. My stats and current levels are as follows.

4 Dragon Shaman, 2 Humanoid (Lizardfolk racial)
Str 19 (17+racial)
Con 22 (18+racial+dragonbjorn)
Dex 10 (12-dragonbjorn)
Int 11 (13-racial)

I know of two other PRCs that jive well (Hulking Thrower and Legacy Weapon warrior something) but im looking to focus on special attacks. They need not be powerful, I don't minding trying out lower tier stuff which chould be obvious enough with my dragon shaman base.

Oxydeur
2014-06-03, 07:25 AM
Our DM has allowed me to roll a Dragonbjorn (wings) Lizardfolk ...
Is your lizardfolk swedish ?

Anyway.
I don't understand why you want to play a dragon shaman (apart from the fluff maybe).
If you want to focus on natural attacks, Totemist is way better and the draconic soulmelds(Dragon Magic) fit perfectly well with the bahamut children style. They also get some nifty special attacks.
If you want a good breath attack, Dragonfire Adept may be a better choice (and you don't have to take 4 level to get your breath).
You can also get a mix of these two, DFA 1 for the battlefield control with the Entangling Exhalation feat and Totemist for the flurry of natural attacks
Bonus : a lot of natural attacks make up for the BAB loss from War Hulk and do great job with the War Hulk 4th lvl ability (bite, 2 claw and other totemists candy on 3 squares each ? DO WANT !)

If you want to Bull rush anything, take one or two barbarian lvl and get Knockback and Rampaging Bull Rush (Races of Stone feat that require Large size). Now, while in rage, you do a free bull rush on any power-attack-boosted strike and they fall prone one square away (who need Improved Trip when you have that ?)
If you really want to make people fall easily : take 2 lvl of the Wolf Totem Barbarian (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures ) and you get a free Improved Trip feat. Add KnockDown (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown) and you get a free trip attempt on every strike that do 10 damage (easy for a warhulk)

If you want all of the above i recommend :
humanoid 2 | feat : Power Attack | 1 total bab
Dragonfire Adpet 1 | feat : Entangling Exhalation
Wolf Totem Barbarian 2 | free feat : Improved Trip | 3 total bab
Totemist 2 | feat : Imporved Bull Rush | 4 total bab (i recommend Girallon arms and Dragon Tail soulmeld to get 3 additional natural attacks)
Fighter 1 | fighter feat : Cleave (needed for War Hulk) | 5 total bab (needed for War Hulk)
War Hulk 10 | feats : Rampaging Bull Rush, KnockDown, ... (anything you want)

Now you can breath a impending fire then ravage your foes by either Bull Rush/Trip people in rage, just Trip them while not in rage, and do 6/7 devasting attacks per round (and each of them can trigger a free trip attempt !).

OldTrees1
2014-06-03, 07:36 AM
2 levels of Wolf Totem Barbarian will give Improved Trip to low Int Characters.

I have found Bullrush (especially when the Knockback feat eliminates your need to move) is a nice maneuver. It also works well in conjunction with Trip.

thorbwahahahaha
2014-06-03, 10:34 AM
Hmm those barbarian levels look awfully tempting, I'll check up on that later. And yeah, I did take Dragon Shaman for the fluff. And I prefer tankiness over versatility for now, I'll try that for a future character.