PDA

View Full Version : Psionics vs Magic question

Lonewolf147
2014-06-03, 07:45 AM
I have a psion player that uses the power Touchsight. He's currently trapped in a room where all the walls are covered by Prismatic Wall. There is an open doorway behind the prismatic wall and the enemy is standing there.

Since Touchsight requires line of effect, would the PW block line of effect and not let him 'see' the enemy?

My initial thought is yes, PW breaks line of effect based on the Violet description, but I'm just not sure if that would work against Touchsight or not. Also, I treat Psionics and Magic as separate things, might that have something to do with how it works too?

Thoughts?

Psyren
2014-06-03, 07:47 AM
He will not be able to discern anything beyond the Wall. (Incidentally, both Indigo and Violet will be blocking his touchsight thanks to transparency, so he'll need to take them both down.)

EDIT: Just noticed you're not using transparency (why?) in which case only Violet is blocking him, but he is indeed still blocked until he can take it down.

Lonewolf147
2014-06-03, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the input. :)

Transparency? You mean that I'm keeping Psionics and Magic separate?

I like the idea of the two being very powerful, and being deadly to each other. A mage would think twice before taking on a psion (and vise versa) because they are naturally weak against them. My players are generally magic heavy. The game I run has a few unique psionic areas that would throw a big wrench in their plans.

Of course now they (the players) are getting wise to this and adding psionics to their own characters.

Psyren
2014-06-03, 08:08 AM
Okay. If it's working for you go nuts :smallsmile:

What this does mean though is that he will need dispel magic to take down the Violet layer; dispel psionics won't cut it. (Not that it truly matters since most psions can't remove many of the preceding layers to expose the violet one either.) So that barrier is pretty deadly to him.

Lonewolf147
2014-06-03, 08:14 AM
Yeah, taking down the wall isn't going to be a good option for any of them. Especially with the Demilich popping in and out of the room harassing them. I'm guessing they are going to attempt to teleport out (the ceiling and floor are not covered by anything). But, they are also pretty stubborn and may just try to take on the Demilich.

We'll see at out next game!