PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Mage

CryptbornAkryea
2014-06-03, 07:49 AM
What would be the fastest way into cancer mage?

Biotroll
2014-06-03, 08:00 AM
In the Iron Chef Optimisation Challenge, it was monk2/barbarian (or fighter if you can't go from lawful to chaotic) 1. Here is link to the thread in question: handy link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148584-Iron-Chef-Optimisation-Challenge-III/page4). The builds start about in the middle of the page and some are really great. You are looking for Noxius, the winner of the challenge and it is really great (and I want to play it once).

CryptbornAkryea
2014-06-03, 08:14 PM
Why couldn't Totemist1/Monk2 work just as well to enter?

I like meldshaping. Wielding diseases along with natural attacks... Tasty!

WinWin
2014-06-03, 09:24 PM
There are 3 challenges for entry, ignoring the campaign requirement that the character must have suffered disease and poison.

the save bonus, the skills and 3 feats.

Save bonus is trivial with multiclassing. 3 Classes with +2 fort, or Level 1/Level 2 multiclass in classes that both have good fort saves. Achievable at level 3.

Skill ranks. 6 ranks in stealth skills + some other skills which can be picked up cross class in a pinch. Achievable at level 3.

3 feats. Achievable at level 3 if human (or a race that grants bonus feats), or if you get bonus feats from a class such as monk.

If you want to do a Totemist multiclass, I'm not going to judge you. You might be better substituting Azure Toughness for Toughness.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-06-03, 11:43 PM
Azure Toughness and houseruled-okay Cerulean Fortitude.

Vile Rigidity and Festering Anger are so tempting!