PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Changing a lycanthrope back

lytokk
2014-06-03, 10:44 AM
So, in my game, one of the players became a werebird, and while its been hilarious when she is unable to transform back from a roleplaying standpoint, I was wondering what spells, items or anything could be used to transform her back if she fails her control shape check. I've seen Countermoon in the spell conpendium, but I was wondering if there was something else. Ideally, one that would just force her to change back, instead of keeping her from changing again for a further 12 hours.

atemu1234
2014-06-03, 10:47 AM
Wisdom-boosting things can make her able to use the Control Shape skill from Monster Manual. It's explicitly stated they can use it untrained, so that shouldn't be a problem.

lytokk
2014-06-03, 10:53 AM
She's running at a +8 control shape now, since according to the MM they get the skill as soon as an afflicted lycan realizes it. She hasn't capped the skill, but with a DC 25 to change back and to not be allowed another check if you miss it the first time is a little difficult.

atemu1234
2014-06-03, 10:56 AM
She's running at a +8 control shape now, since according to the MM they get the skill as soon as an afflicted lycan realizes it. She hasn't capped the skill, but with a DC 25 to change back and to not be allowed another check if you miss it the first time is a little difficult.

Wisdom boosters may still help. Other than that, all I can say is this: LEVEL UP.

TheCountAlucard
2014-06-03, 10:58 AM
You could destroy the moon - it worked in Dragonball.

VariSami
2014-06-03, 11:19 AM
You could destroy the moon - it worked in Dragonball.

And Yu-Gi-Oh!

"Giant Soldier of Stone... attack the Moon!"

Seriously, though? This would likely be a viable alternative from a rules perspective. Another one would likely involve persuading the party to leave behind the Prime Material since I am quite sure that the lunar cycles of other planes may be navigated successfully in order to avoid changing. If there are any moons to begin with, that is.

lytokk
2014-06-03, 11:26 AM
while destroying the moon is a novel idea, the biggest problem is every time the character is hit and reduced to the next 25% of their hitpoints, they get hit with an involuntary change check, so far, the moon has been much less of a problem than getting hit.