PDA

View Full Version : Your top five favorite classes to play

137beth
2014-06-03, 02:01 PM
Inspired by a similar thread on the Paizo forums, what are your five favorite classes to play?

Mine are probably, in no particular order, are
Warblade
Sorcerer
Psion
Binder
Beguiler or psychic warrior

Jeff the Green
2014-06-03, 02:15 PM
Beguiler
Archivist
Wizard
Spirit Shaman
Dread Necromancer

Psion might be on the list somewhere, but I haven't actually played one.

PraxisVetli
2014-06-03, 02:15 PM
Mine also aren't in any order.
1. Warblade (Diamond Mind all day long)
2. Duskblade (first character made me fall in love with this class
3. Psion (telepathy is so cool)
4. Ranger (i love being the bow-ninja)
And last but not least, the one class I think might actually be my favorite:
5. Sorcerer (prepared casting just doesn't do it for me.

dascarletm
2014-06-03, 02:16 PM
I like characters with a code. The intersection of that code with difficult situations is what makes it interesting.

That being said, and character can have a code, but these guys have one built in.

Paladin
Knight

Mechanics wise I like ToB, so... (not really a SS fan though)

Warblade
Crusader

Lastly arcane casters are much fun. Lots of strategy.

Wizard

sideswipe
2014-06-03, 02:17 PM
factotum
cleric
truenamer
wizard
rogue

Gildedragon
2014-06-03, 02:24 PM
In order (though #s 2-3 and 4-5 are often reversible)

Factotum: This would generally be my top 5 classes, but one alone will do
Swordsage: Sneakthiefing is fun.
Paladin (via cleric): I like playing good characters, upright, eager leadertypes. Holy and wholesome and friendly
Wizard or Psion Binder: Versatility and cool flavor. Wizards are neat but yeah, they rank firmly in 6th for me
Artificer: Making stuff, buffing my warforged-icity

JellyPooga
2014-06-03, 02:26 PM
In order:

1) Rogue. I've always had a soft spot for these guys, even back when they were Thieves.
2) Druid. Again, this harks back to 2ed and mostly due to them being totally awesome in Baldurs Gate
3) Warlock. Especially Fey themed.
4) Scout. 'Cos it's what the Ranger should have been in the first place.
5) Spirit Shaman. It's like awesome in a can...on the condition that you regularly come up against their definition of "spirit" (if it was more awesome vs. other stuff, then it would rate a lot higher on my list).

Pathfinder has a slightly different list:

1) Rogue. Just 'cos.
2) Paladin. I've always liked Paladin fluff, just not their implementation...until Pathfinder came along and made them awesome.
3) Sorcerlator...uh, Sorcerer. Giving them edge with Bloodlines put them in my top 5.
4) Druid. See above.
5) Witch. 'Cos it's a bit like the 3.5 Warlock. If it was mapped off of Wisdom instead of Intelligence (because it's a perfect candidate to be a Wis based Arcanist), then this might rate #2.

Captnq
2014-06-03, 02:42 PM
Nobody else wants to or is any good at DMing so I get stuck doing it all the time. I haven't gotten to play a PC since 1997. So My favorate class would be... any, because I never get to play the game. This thread has depressed me.

:smallfrown: Now I has a sad. :smallfrown:

hymer
2014-06-03, 02:48 PM
Druid, cleric, paladin/FS and scout... That's all I've gotten to play in 3.5,a s I suffer somewhat from perpetual DM syndrome. Warlock would probably be next on the list if I ever get the chance.

Talothorn
2014-06-03, 02:56 PM
Big fan of gestalt, so:

Factotum//Fighter/Rogue/Bard
Cleric//Paladin
Cleric//Necromancer/Crypt Lord
Barbarian//Druid/Ranger
Aristrocrat//Illusionist

sideswipe
2014-06-03, 02:56 PM
Nobody else wants to or is any good at DMing so I get stuck doing it all the time. I haven't gotten to play a PC since 1997. So My favorate class would be... any, because I never get to play the game. This thread has depressed me.

:smallfrown: Now I has a sad. :smallfrown:

you get to play all the classes :smallsmile: you have them as cool NPC's and enemies. i have built characters in systems and then found i use them when i am DMing and not playing.

PsyBomb
2014-06-03, 03:00 PM
In PF:

1) Guru Playtest: Seriously, it's an Incarnum Rogue that can somewhat hold its own in melee, but cooler. Makes subdual damage into a way of life, as well, in addition to the usual stuff in the system. Can't wait for DSC to release the actual PDF so that I can bring it into more games.

2) Paladin: Especially in Oradin or Glaivedin (or Glaive-Oradin) configuration. Tough as nails and awesome at hitting stuff, if the party is Good (or, at least, LN or TN) and doesn't need anything in particular, I default here. Now that PF corrected their MAD and smoothed out their abilities (plus swift self-LoH!), they are very playable.

3) Monk: Only if Archetypes are allowed, but if they are this is tons of crazyness when built with an optimizer's eye (especially if the Ranged slot is open for a Zen Archer). I won't do this if the group has more than one T2+ in it, but still.

4) Wilder: Student Surge, and they become one of the more versatile Blasters out there. I love the feel of going all-in on my attacks for the huge payoff, or seeing an Astral Construct pop onto the field WAY nastier than expected.

5) Sorceror: When I need my fix of POWER, or if the group Tier is particularly high. I usually play BFC here with a side of utility... then again, I've also researched V's infamous "Evard's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion". That was fun.

Chaosvii7
2014-06-03, 03:11 PM
1) Duskblade - You always have a soft spot for the first character you create yourself, and I am no exception.
2) Bard - Duskblades are unique to D&D, but Bards are my all-around favorite class in every game system. Duskblade wins its spot for uniqueness, but Bard wins for simply being.
3) Druid - Druid was the first class I ever played(but not the first character I myself created). Fond memories abound with this class as it is what got me into D&D at first.
4) Warlock - Warlocks fill a very interesting niche in the world of D&D, and I love that about it. It's a shame that it has limited support on it's own, but it doesn't need a whole lot to go a long way.
5) Monk - It's a shame that Monk is such a low-scoring class due to it's singular focus and poor kit synergy. I love optimizing Monks, however, so they deserve this spot for being the most fun to build for, especially if you want to raise something up to T3 optimization levels.

Bloodgruve
2014-06-03, 03:24 PM
1. Factotum (Iaijutsu Focus)
2. Warlock (Clawlock)
3. Binder (w/2 levels of Totemist and Natural Attacks)
4. Bard (melee focus'd)
5. Duskblade (Knowledge Devotion)

I think Artificer would be here if I get to play one.

Least Favorite:
1. Cleric
2. Druid
3. Wizard

Ansem
2014-06-03, 03:33 PM
1. Dread Necromancer
2. Warlock
3. Fighter (key component in non-caster builds for feat tax)
4. Psion
5. Sorcerer

Telonius
2014-06-03, 03:53 PM
In no particular order:

Rogue
Bard
Beguiler
Warlock
Sorcerer

Least favorite:

Wizard
Artificer
Druid
Barbarian
Paladin

Pesimismrocks
2014-06-03, 04:02 PM
1. Psion: Fun, Versatile, way to optimise and can hold its own against most things, as well as it's weaker but more free casting system make this my favourite, as I feel I can do anything with them and still have a fun game.
2. Totemist: Monster classes have always been my favourite. Due to th fact these re often frowned upon, I love the totemist's way of representing a hideous bestial creature with a wide range of interesting options to make a monster-esquire character.
3. Factotum: My first character was a factotum, and although he was poorly optimised, and once killed a party member by accident, I still believe the factotum was a good choice for a huge amount of versatility, and the very idea of the class means there are very few situations you are found helpless in.
4. Dragonfire adept: Raargh, I'm a dragon.
5. Ardent: Sorta like a cleric psion, and as I really enjoy Psionics it's one o my favourite classes. What puts it on the list though is its fluff. It's like a psychic philosopher. I love that idea

Vaz
2014-06-03, 04:07 PM
Ardent
Duskblade
Bard
Druid
Totemist

the humanity
2014-06-03, 04:09 PM
I like to play all the classes a lot, but so far,

Sorcerer
Rogue
Swordsage
Beguiler
Dragon

I know dragon isn't actually a class, but it's the best part about DMing.

Dread_Head
2014-06-03, 04:11 PM
Favourite classes I've actually played are
1. Bard - by far my favourite class and the most fun I've had to play
2. Totemist
3. Druid
Classes I haven't played yet but will do soon
4. Spellthief
5. Binder

thatryanguy
2014-06-03, 04:18 PM
Most of the campaigns I've been in have lasted a while, so I don't often get the chance to try anything new, but my list, based off the bias of which characters I had the most fun playing, would be:

1: Artificer (3rd party PF version) - Brilliant mad scientist who's always got something he can use to get through a situation.

2: Dragonfire Adept - So much CC, so much knowledge, so much fluff. Suffers a bit when your DM decides to throw nothing but fire/cold-immune stuff with SR at you, and oh yeah, Supernatural abilities are house ruled as having to pass SR.

3: Warlock - Hmm. 3rd class in a row that has constant options available for problem solving.

4: Scout - Gear heavy, but running through an undead-themed campaign with a ring of greater invis and a weapon with a greater truedeath crystal made it fun.

5: Int Fighter - Less concerned with dealing damage than with finding ways to gain the tactical advantage over the opponent with stoneshape, portable dragon's teeth (the fortification type) etc.

NoACWarrior
2014-06-03, 05:21 PM
For me -

Archivist - every divine spell is open to you!
Soulborn - probably the worst martial cross over class but its very fun to RP.
Spirit shaman - I like the daily rotating spontaneous spells.
Knight - being LE is really fun, its still so easy to remain LE in a good party since you actually can't kill things. RP to your heart's content to justify the evil alignment.
Shadow caster - thematically a really cool class to play, and has some good abilities too.

Necroticplague
2014-06-03, 05:29 PM
No particular order:
1.Ghost
2.Ozodrin
3.Rainbow Servant
4.Dungeoncrasher Fighter
5.Crusader

Yawgmoth
2014-06-03, 05:55 PM
In an order determined entirely by by mood at that moment:

Warlock (pref. Oskar's fix). I just like having at-will abilities so I don't need to play the limited resources minigame. Plus the flavor is pretty great.
Wilder (educated variant). I like psions but Wild Surge is just so very awesome flavorwise. To be honest I'd trade the psion's bonus feats for WS progression and be happy.
Dread Necromancer. I like necromancers. It sucks that the logistics of minion armies makes them rather not viable outside of solo/duo games, though.
Bard. Support can be really fun and they have a lot of really fun PrCs.
Shadowcaster (assuming any number of decent houserules). Again, a really neat concept. A pity it needs so damned much help to be viable outside the 5 minute adventuring day.

I like spellcasters.

Aegis013
2014-06-03, 06:02 PM
Classes I haven't played yet but will do soon
4. Spellthief
5. Binder

I recommend against spellthief. I really like the fluff/atmosphere of the class, but in 12 levels, I managed to steal 5 spells. One of those was useful.

The exception is if you have an SLA user like a Factotum in your group to borrow power from.

Binder is awesome though.

I rarely get to play, usually I DM.
1. Wizard (the only class I've played more than 2 sessions and really enjoyed the class)

Classes I want to play in no particular order.
2. Incarnate.
3. Ruby Knight Vindicator/Telflammar Shadowlord
4. Binder
5. Ardent

chainer1216
2014-06-03, 06:11 PM
1. warblade
2. Paladin(PF)
3. Psion
4. Hexblade
5. Crusader

i really favor melee type characters with options i guess.

Dr. Azkur
2014-06-03, 06:28 PM
Warlock: At Will abilities absolutely win me over, and its kind of fluff has been appealing to me since I was like 9...
Binder: As above.
Ronin: Kind of like a Samurai but you get to cut the **** and be all edgy. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: The relief of getting class features by trading 10 levels of samurai that you have been playing for months is amazing.
Sorcerer: Always paired with Warlock's Eldritch Disciple or Binder's Anima Mage. Why play one class when you can play 2?
Duskblade: Gishing is the coolest, and it will always be. Duskblade lets you do it without any hassle.

Pex
2014-06-03, 07:10 PM
In no particular order:

Tome of Battle Crusader
Pathfinder Paladin
Pathfinder Oracle
Pathfinder Sorcerer
Dreamscarred Press Psion

Doc_Maynot
2014-06-03, 07:15 PM
Factotum
Artificer
Warblade
Generic Spellcaster
Warlock

Amphetryon
2014-06-03, 07:20 PM
No particular order:

Dread Necromancer
Warlock
Hexblade with the Dark Companion variant and the Mearls Fix
Wilder
Psychic Warrior (tied with) Crusader

I'm a big fan of the 'debuffing Gish' archetype.

Syne
2014-06-03, 07:29 PM
In no particular order,
1) Psion
2) Warblade
3) Psychic Warrior
4) Factotum
5) Duskblade

I'm a big fan of Gish-type characters. And I loove the Factotum. There are few problems in this world that an extra standard action can't solve.

My favorite (sort of) gestalt is Psion//Warblade, which worked really well until I did fission and turned into a hydra, and then the game broke.

lonewulf
2014-06-03, 07:38 PM
Hmmm.....in no particular order:

Fighter (no lie)
Psychic Warrior
Warmage (again, no lie)
Monk (seriously, no lie)
Bladesinger (2e)

I know this is a 3/3.5/d20 board but I had TONS of fun playing a Bladesinger in 2e. It got re-hashed in 3/3.5 (cant remember which) but it just wasnt the same.

ArqArturo
2014-06-03, 07:42 PM
1.- Warmage
2.- Beguiler
3.- Paladin
4.- Ranger (Wildshape variant)
5.- Swashbuckler

Grayson01
2014-06-03, 07:54 PM
Rouge
Dragon Shaman
Warlock
Duskblade
Cleric/Stom Lord*

Grayson01
2014-06-03, 07:56 PM
Hmmm.....in no particular order:

Fighter (no lie)
Psychic Warrior
Warmage (again, no lie)
Monk (seriously, no lie)
Bladesinger (2e)

I know this is a 3/3.5/d20 board but I had TONS of fun playing a Bladesinger in 2e. It got re-hashed in 3/3.5 (cant remember which) but it just wasnt the same.

It got rehased in Both acctually, One in a 3.0 Races of Farun as well as 2.Tome and Blood: A Guidebook to Wizards and Sorcerers
and 3.5 and in Complete Warrior. They are both different classes you should check them both out and see if ether is close to the 2e one.

shadowseve
2014-06-03, 09:34 PM
1. holy cleric or necro cleric(tough choice on these two)
2.druid
3.rogue
4.crusader
5.factotum or dragon aspect or dragon shaman(these I like equally)

Dread_Head
2014-06-04, 04:24 AM
I recommend against spellthief. I really like the fluff/atmosphere of the class, but in 12 levels, I managed to steal 5 spells. One of those was useful.

The exception is if you have an SLA user like a Factotum in your group to borrow power from.

I'm planning on using the Trickster spellthief variant from dragon mag which gives bardic casting in exchange for all but the first d6 of sneak attack and some skills. So at least I'll be able to do something if I can't steal spells. Also my friend's wants to play a Warlock so I'll wait until he plays that to play this so I can steal all his invocations. Cheers for the advice though, I've heard similar things before but I think I'm going to at least give it a go

ChaosArchon
2014-06-04, 05:24 AM
as the others say, in no order but I'd say:

1) Psion
2)Paladin
3)Cleric
4)Ranger
5)Binder

Honorary mention to Paladin of Tyranny//Psion... now that was a fun character to make, although I don't see alot of psion gesalts so I feel like its suboptimal but w/e

Krazzman
2014-06-04, 05:36 AM
In no particular order, 3.5 and PF mixed:

Barbarian
Inquisitor
Duskblade
Totemist
Warblade

FyreByrd
2014-06-04, 07:28 AM
Incarnate / Totemist -- I love me some incarnum, and I tend to dip at least one level into either Incarnate/Totemist in most characters I create
Wu Jen - Love the taboos, as well as the slight restricted wizardness, also has some great spells on it's list
Spirit Shamen - With the right DM it's a really fun class to play
Crusader - Favourite ToB class, love the recovery mechanic, plus it's a paladin, only worthwhile
Dread Necro - Because they're an awful lot of fun if done right, and you've got your dm on board

Jon_Dahl
2014-06-04, 07:32 AM
1. Fighter
2. Rogue
3. Sorcerer
4. Hexblade with Mearls fix
5. Cleric

Arc_knight25
2014-06-04, 07:44 AM
This is a lot harder then I originally thought

I do enjoy my gish's and champion of a God

In no particular order:

Favoured Soul
Magus(PF)
Wizard
Paladin
Cleric

A lot of my builds normally run into a prestige class of some sort. Which just help add flavour to Rping.

VariSami
2014-06-04, 08:43 AM
1. Human Paragon - I am simply partial to this, especially with casters.
2. Factotum - The best class for the archetypical witty scoundrel.
3. Dread Necromancer - I like necromancers. A lot.
4. Paladin of Tyranny - Mostly as a DM. However, I always want to at least try playing a charismatic court psychopath who turns into a metalclad engine of destruction armed with every dirty trick in the book on the battlefield.
5. Wizard - Well, it cannot be avoided indefinitely. Wizards are cool booky types but may easily embody so many different concepts which subvert the expectations as well.

Aegis013
2014-06-04, 11:33 AM
Scores compiled for classes by full progression base classes. (I only counted base classes I recognized, so PrCs were ignored and a few other things such as "Ghost" and "Dragon")

If there was a split vote (X class/Y class or A class (tied with) B class) it was counted as .5 towards each class.

Archivist - 2
Ardent - 3
Artificer - 4
Barbarian - 4
Bard - 9
Beguiler - 5.5
Binder - 7
Cleric - 12
Crusader - 8.5
Dragonfire Adept - 2
Dragon Shaman - 1.5
Dread Necromancer - 7
Druid - 10
Duskblade - 8
Factotum - 10.5
Favored Soul - 3
Fighter - 8
Generic Spellcaster - 1
Hexblade - 3
Incarnate - 2
Inquisitor - 1
Knight - 2
Magus - 1
Monk - 5
Oracle - 1
Paladin - 13
Psion - 10.5
Psychic Warrior - 3
Ranger - 6
Rogue - 12
Scout - 4
Shadowcaster - 2
Shugenja - 1
Sorcerer - 12
Soulborn - 1
Soulknife - 0.5
Spellthief - 1
Spirit Shaman - 4
Swashbuckler - 1
Swordsage - 4
Totemist - 5
Truenamer - 1
Warblade - 11
Warlock - 15
Warmage - 3
Wizard - 9
Wilder - 2
Witch - 2
Wu Jen - 1

This small sample of GitP's favorite class is: Warlock! Paladin! Warlock!

Some of these are debatable on their position but the breakdown goes roughly:

Tier 1 - 26 (14.9%)
Tier 2 - 25 (14.4%)
Tier 3 - 62 (35.6%)
Tier 4 - 39 (22.4%)
Tier 5 - 21 (12%)
Tier 6 - 1 (0.5%)
(0.2% missing due to rounding error)

Edit: Adding New Scores (up to PsyBomb's)

YossarianLives
2014-06-04, 11:38 AM
1 Sorcerer
2 Bard
3 Swordsage
4 Paladin
5 (I've only ever played 4 characters :smallredface:)

MightyPirate
2014-06-04, 11:50 AM
1. Rogue - I often find myself playing other classes the same way I would play a rogue.
2. Druid - My dwarf druid with stone domain, still think about her a lot.
3. Fighter - Gotta be a reach weapon meleeist.
4. ToB Crusader - Gnomes in full plate, what's not to love?
5. Pathfinder Witch - All my friends tell me I need to play a wizard but I always find myself obsessing over the familiar so . . .

Ferronach
2014-06-04, 12:54 PM
Fighter - (High AC builds) My go-to in low op and just plain fun to play
Barbarian - so many face pulverising rage options
TWF Fighter/ Ranged fighter - no-one expects them to be as good as they can be
Rogue - Lets face it, being able to say "Sneak attack B." is just too good to pass up. well that and you save the party's buttocks when traps are involved...
Favoured Soul - the sorcerors of the divine world...

jjcrpntr
2014-06-04, 12:56 PM
Cleric
Wizard
Ranger
Warblade

that's all I've ever played, unless you count Mystic Theurge as a 5th class

Emperor Tippy
2014-06-04, 01:45 PM
Factotum, Psion, Wizard, Swordsage, and Monk would probably be my five favorites to play. Not sure of the exact order as it really depends on my mood at the time.

RhoTheWanderer
2014-06-04, 08:59 PM
In no particular order:
1. Fighter
2. Ranger
3. Rogue
4. Cleric
5. [insert ToB:Bo9S class here]
My first character was an elf dualclassed fighter/cleric under a mix of 2eAD&D and 3.5e rules, and both classes have always been close to my heart (although I'd been away from cleric for a looong time until the past year or so). Also, in a low-optimization campaign (when most of the players are new in particular), fighters are fairly durable, and can be customized a bit with feats. For my clever/skillful/stealthy/light-armor warriors, I'm fond of ranger and rogue (also I got a swashbuckler-ish rogue character I've kept simmering on the back burner of my mind for the past few years). Finally, I've recently looked into ToB, and it looks pretty darn promising overall. I'm not overly fond of casters, because the campaigns I've been in rarely last into high levels; furthermore, I'm always paranoid about running out of spells or preparing the "wrong" spell on any given day.

GameSpawn
2014-06-04, 10:34 PM
Shugenja
Bard
Paladin
Barbarian
Sorcerer

Not in order.

Averis Vol
2014-06-04, 10:50 PM
hmm.....

1) Paladin-the righteous hand of valor and justice archetype is by far my favorite to play, but since T1/2 casters are easy mode I tend not to like cleric, even if it is stronger.
2)Warblade-The fighters older, stronger and better looking brother. It screams "be a badass of whirling steel and fury."
3)Warmage- The prototype battle caster who rains down absolute destruction on his enemies, leaving only the slightest scent of burnt flesh in his wake. I prefer this with T.G. Oskars fix, otherwise I'll have to PrC dive.
4)Rogue-the little guy in the underworld. I enjoy occasionally deviating from my good play, and when I do, it tends to be a rogue.
5) Barbarian-the savage warrior who dines with wolves under the night sky.

Sception
2014-06-05, 12:51 AM
1) Dread Necromancer
2) Beguiler
3) Warblade
4) Warlock
5) err....

There's a pretty wide gap after those four for me. Psychic warriors, duskblades, factotums, binders, incarnates, the other ToB classes, wizards, clerics, marshals, even shadow casters (with the author's suggested fixes) are all classes I might consider playing if the above four are all barred, but more likely I'd just pass on the campaign.

RagingDemon
2014-06-05, 12:56 AM
Easy.
#1 wizard, the class I'm best at.
#2 barbarian/frenzied berserker.
#3 bard, ask the skills and utility to make me useful.
#4 paladin, I love this class for the role-play
#5 druid. wild shape animal companion magic casting bad***

Phelix-Mu
2014-06-05, 12:57 AM
1.) Druid. I am literally a druid in real life, minus the robes and spells and....well everything besides the outlook on life, really. But, when I play a druid, it does feel like I am really in my natural element, so to speak.

2.) Monk. Me loves an optimization challenge, and a 3e monk that doesn't fall down flat is nothing if not a challenge. Especially next to higher tiers in a low-to-mid-op campaign.

3.) Ranger. Really just leftovers from an obsession of mine in 2e, rangers are just awesome.

4.) Arcane caster, Int-based. Doesn't need to be wizard, since I rarely play straight wizard (I have a 2e multiclassing tendency), but I do like a problem-solver with a toolbox.

5.) I think this one likely belongs to soulknife or psion. Close call, there.

bekeleven
2014-06-05, 03:00 AM
Factotum - Be super smart and do everything!
Warlock - Beam spam all day erry day.
Druid - Bear riding bear summoning bears.
Wizard - Tactically fun to make spell loadouts.
Scout (Swift Hunter/Ambusher) - Run around a lot and annoy people.

Builds centered around PrC:
Master of Many Forms - My favorite part of the druid, and more balanced than straight druid.
Incantatrix - If going for power, go big or go home.
Chameleon - See: Factotum.
Hellfire Warlock - Warlock but explodier!
Justice of Weald and Woe - One of many prestige classes I include in my super archery fighter builds.

If including Homebrew:
Shifter - Master of Many Forms but more balanced, extensible, and playable from 1 through 20. Tier 2 if pushed.
Servant Soul - Built it however you want! Unique powers in and out of combat, change specializations and powers on a whim. Tier 3.
Dashing Dualist - Two-Weapon Fighting how it was never meant to be done. Tier 3.
Professional - Mundane that doesn't suck. Direct replacement for the Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian and Scout. Tier 3.
Rappeler - Focused Summoner specialist with unique powers and build options. Tier 3.

...I build what I like without shame.

Morrolan
2014-06-05, 04:25 AM
1 - Psion
2 - Warblade
3 - Cleric
4 - Sorcerer
5 - Rogue

1: I've played several fun psions, all of which have achieved amazingly fun feats. The power point system is just sooo much better than the spell levels of arcane and divine casters.
2: Gotta love tome of battle. The description of warblade is just perfect for the kind of soldier I would want to play.
3: Mainly because of my cleric necromancers, but in general I kind of like having a god and spreading his word.
4: I love the fluff of the sorcerer. Born with innate magic. In my opinion they should have been stronger than wizards, but whatever. Also fan of sorcerer gishes.
5: I've been told I'm quite the diplomat at the D&D table. Rogue has the skills to let me play that. Also, I like being sneaky and tricky. Add swashbuckler for daring outlaw.

P.S. - Kind of suprised to see quite a lot of people mention factotum. I always thought it was a class for people who couldn't choose.

ChocoSuisse
2014-06-05, 05:56 AM
1-Warlock - love everything about this class
2-Witch (PF) - my current class
3-Wizard
4-Artificer
5-Factotum

PsyBomb
2014-06-05, 06:31 AM
I guess I should put up my 3.5 choices...

1) Totemist/Incarnate: Depending on the campaign, and one of my greatest characters was a Vanara Incarnate.A LITERAL skill-monkey

2) Monk: Everyone has that soft spot for their first class, really.

3) Crusader: I love being able to ACTUALLY tank on the tabletop, and dishing out the heals at the same time is really good.

4) Cleric: Doesn't matter the role I need, I can build it for the table. Props to the Paladin-less Paladin builds, they're awesome.

5) Warlock: Basically what the Sorcerer should have been, IMHO, if only it had a bit more oomph to it. Still, played a VoP one from 1 to 20, it was fun times (mid-op table)