PDA

View Full Version : Harper Agent Redux

Rierdrex
2007-02-19, 06:37 PM
For those who do not know the Forgotten Realms, the Harpers are a group of people working together to oppose many evil groups. The Harpers use stealth and guile to protect the innocent, and because of this receive the blessings of many deities. Many longstanding members of the Harpers have spent so much time on missions for the society that they have developed similar skills to help them succeed on their missions. Also the Harpers are tasked with preserving the past by keeping old songs and tales alive.

Some may have noticed my presence on the board in the past weeks, but this is my first homebrew, so if there's any rule I'm not following, please tell me and I'll correct the situation as soon as possible. I would appreciate comments/criticism. For those who already know the Harper Agent, this is a redux and not a creation. The version I reworked can be found in the Player's Guide to Faerun page 58. I would like to thank Harkone who already viewed this redux and helped me correct a few issues.

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Any nonevil
Skills: Diplomacy 8, Knowledge(local) 4, Sense Motive 2, Survival 2
Feats: Negotiator
Special: Candidate must be sponsored by a member of the Harpers in good standing and win the approval of the High Harpers.

Hit die:d6

Class Skills:Appraise, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (all), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of hand, Speak Language, Survival, Swim, Tumble
Skill points per level:6+int mod

Harper Agent
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Harper Knowledge|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Deneir's Eye, Lliira's Heart|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Tymora's Smile|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Lurue's Voice|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Mystra's Boon|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

Harper Knowledge (Ex): This ability functions like the bardic knowledge class feature. All classes that give such an ability (bard, loremaster) stack to determine the effective level to use this ability.
Deneir's Eye(Su):The Harper agent can use Alarm and Comprehend Languages as spell-like abilities, 3/day, caster level equal to character level. Also, he gains a +3 sacred bonus on saving throws against glyphs, runes and symbols.
Lliira's Heart (Su): +2 sacred bonus on saving throws against compulsion and fear effects.
Tymora's Smile (Su): The agent may, once per day, reroll a saving throw. He must decide if he will reroll after seeing the original role, but before the outcome is decided (before the DM calls a success or failure).
Lurue's Voice (Sp): Can use speak with animals (3/day) and deep slumber (DC 13+cha mod)(1/day) as spell-like abilities (caster level equal to character level).
Mystra's Boon(Su): +2 sacred bonus on saving throws against spells.

Harkone
2007-02-19, 06:44 PM
My opinion of your changes stands firm; the next time someone plays a Harper Agent in any of my campains, it will look like this.